Ferinand Castle
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Ferinand Castle Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Ferinand Castle

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ferinand Castle Empty Ferinand Castle

Post by Evangeline Flaherty Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:29 pm

Calista's home was what it looked like, a castle, her parents had been living in the castle for longer than she had. After they died Calista had hired some maids and a butler who would help her keep the castle clean as well as a cook. Calista knew that the cook loved that she had a garden and a green house for winter and summer months. She also added a bigger barn since she was going to be teaching lessons to muggles when she was off work for a little while.

Calista walked to the barns and looked around at the horses wondering which one she would ride today. She picked her Percheron stallion whom she named thunderbolt, he was a gentle horse but when he wanted to run he'd let her know by stomping his hooves as they rode. She grabbed her bridle, saddle and horse blanket from the tack closet that held everything for the horses. Calista threw the blanket over thunderbolt's wide back and then put on the saddle smelling the strong fragrance of leather. When she was done she lead him out of the barn to the mounting block a few yards away, she knew she would have to tie his reins to the block until she climbed onto it. Thunderbolt was getting restless and wanted to run as he stomped his hooves as she lead him to the mounting block. "Easy boy, we'll run in a moment." Calista said stroking his silky neck softly. They reached the mounting block and she tied him to the pole that was there so he wouldn't take off on his own. She climbed up and reached down and untied him as she threw the reins over his back. Calista put one foot in the stirrup as she flung her other leg over the horse, she looked small on top of such a large horse.

Calista started coughing, she had been getting really sick lately but she couldn't afford to abandon her duties to her farm. She grabbed the reins and said, "Let's ride Thunderbolt." Thunderbolt took off like a bullet from where they were standing onto the gravel path before them running at break neck speed. Calista smiled as they ran but she knew that this ride would be short because now she was barely able to grip onto Thunderbolt. She looked around her vision becoming fuzzy and she felt Thunderbolt slowing down to a stop before her world went black.
Evangeline Flaherty
Evangeline Flaherty
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 268

Back to top Go down

Ferinand Castle Empty Re: Ferinand Castle

Post by Annabella Waverly Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:43 pm

Annabella had heard about a girl name Calista giving horse riding lessons to muggles. It intrigued Annabella a bit and she felt she had to go and try these riding lessons. She stood inside her flat trying to remember the address of this place. Finally remembering she raised her wand and apparated to Ferinand Castle. She walked up the steps to the very big castle, knocked on the door and was told by the butler, least that’s what he called himself, that Calista would be either in the barn or the meadows near it. Annabella looked curiously, walking around to the barn which didn’t seem that far of a walk. She looked around and saw a stray horse in the meadows. Looking more closely she noticed it wasn’t astray.

Annabella hurried to the horse, careful not to scare it. “Hello? Are you alright?” She said kneeling down next to the girl she assumed was Calista. She was a pretty girl, long dark hair covered her face. Annabella moved her hair carefully off of her face. Calista didn’t look too well, Annabella put her hand to Calista face feeling her temperature. “Calista can you hear me?” She said putting her ear to Calista’s heart. She was still breathing, that was a good sign. “Calista, wake up please” Annabella tried again, shaking Calista gently.
Annabella Waverly
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 249

Back to top Go down

Post by Evangeline Flaherty Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:03 pm

Calista heard someone's voice calling her but she couldn't get herself to answer the person. She could feel that Thunderbolt was still near her but he wasn't very happy. Thunderbolt reared up and slammed his hooves down to vibrate the ground slightly but enough to help rouse Calista. She opened her eyes slowly cause she was having to fight with herself to keep awake. Calista looked at the girl kneeling over her through half open eyes and whispered, "Who are you? What happened?" She began shivering and remembered that she was riding earlier but then everything went black. She began thinking that she must have gotten sick from one of the kids at the school, but she has never had symptoms come on that fast before.
Evangeline Flaherty
Evangeline Flaherty
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Annabella Waverly Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:18 pm

Annabella smiled as Calista opened her eyes. She had jumped a bit when the horse next to her banged his hooves on to the ground, but had turned her attention back to Calista when she heard her speak. “I am Annabella Waverly. I heard about your horse riding lessons and came to receive a few. But when I got here you was laying on the ground, I’m not sure what happened to you though.” She said checking Calista’s pulse in her wrist. It was beating fairly well now. “How are you feeling? Are you ill?” Annabella asked noticing the paleness in Calista’s face. Annabella noticed that Calista started to shiver, she was glad that she wore a jacket on this day. She took it off and placed it on top of Calista's shivering body. "Are you feeling well enough to stand?" She asked knowing full well that she was probably asking too many questions at once.
Annabella Waverly
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Evangeline Flaherty Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:34 pm

Calista looked at the woman and nodded, she rolled to her side to try and get up but a sharp pain from her leg made her fall. "I think i broke my leg when i fell from Thunderbolt. He's a draft horse and it's possible that i did when i blacked out. I think i am ill cause i don't have much strength and I've had a cold for a while now." Calista looked over at Thunderbolt as he bent his head so that she would have something to grab onto when she got up. She gripped his mane as the horse lifted her up so that she was standing on one leg but supported by him. "Annabella I thank you for your kindness, as you might have guessed i'm Calista Ferinand. I do give lessons on horse back riding. But right now I'm not giving any until noon today because i have things i must do before i give any lessons. If you wish to come back i would happy to give you a few lessons." Calista said smiling softly. She didn't know that Annabella was a witch, she only thought that she was a muggle trying to be helpful.
Evangeline Flaherty
Evangeline Flaherty
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Annabella Waverly Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:09 pm

Annabella nodded thinking fast, she knew that Calista was a witch but it seemed to Annabella that Calista didn't know that she was. "Of course, though with that broken leg you won't get nothing done." She said smiling. Annabella brought out her wand showing Calista she was a witch. "If I may?" She asked nodding to her leg. Annabella was good with charms and healing, Calista may not have been showing the pain she was in but it did look like it hurt.

(Sorry it's short I wanted to post back before I left for work)
Annabella Waverly
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Evangeline Flaherty Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:38 am

"Oh, I'm sorry i didn't know you were a witch. Here I can't assume who is and isn't seeing as i'm running a horse back riding class for anyone who wishes to learn." Calista said breathing a sigh of relief and nodded for her to proceed to heal her injured leg. "I was hoping to not ever have to use healing magic on myself but of course we can't always be so lucky in these things. I appreciate you having found me, it would have been hours before anyone would actually come looking for me. My students know to never wonder off by themselves with the horses or anywhere near the trails if i'm not with them. If not for you Annabella i probably would have been here until I regained consciousness. Thank you again for finding me, i don't know what i would have done without your help."
Evangeline Flaherty
Evangeline Flaherty
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top