Betsy's task
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Betsy's task Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Betsy's task

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Betsy's task Empty Betsy's task

Post by Darren Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:08 pm

betsy's

The sound went off. That meant the second task had started. Betsy sprinted into the forest with the speed of a cheetah hunting a wildebeest. She had no idea where Piper was. She saw some champions to her left and right. But after a minute or so she was all alone in the forest. She stopped to catch her breath. So far she hadn’t seen any creatures but she was only a minute into the second task so she wasn’t fooled. She thought to herself how lucky she was that the moon wasn’t out. And how lucky she was that it wasn’t a full moon. She breathed a sigh of relief and hurried off some more. Ten seconds later she tripped over a root and landed splat into a pile of mud. She looked up with mud all over her face and wiped it off onto her sleeve with disgust. Then she saw a stone centimeters from her head. She was thankful she hadn’t landed on it. She looked at the stone, it had writing on it. She picked it up and it said: aquula. She wondered what this meant. It so clearly stated it on the stone. Then she thought of it. “It means water or stream in Latin!!” She said out loud. She looked around and sure enough, the mud was coming from the stream not to far from her. When she got to the stream she new she had to fallow it. But which way?

Suddenly out of the trees a Bugbear approached her. It stood seven feet tall, it roared and started after her. Betsy screamed and ran away, going north with the river. The Bugbear was too fast for her and tackled her to the ground. “What am I doing? I’m a Witch!” Betsy thought to herself. She pulled out her wand and shouted “Stupefy!” The spell through the Bugbear backwards but didn’t knock him unconscious. Betsy stood over the Bugbear and shouted it again. This time it hit him in the eye, and it was knocked out. Betsy turned and ran with the stream, knowing it would lead her to Piper, and not wanted to go in the direction the Bugbear had come from incase more were to fallow. She ran for about two minutes before seeing a Grindylow in the water. She sent a variety of stupid spells toward it including the tickling spell, and the jelly leg curse before screaming “Petrificus Totalus” . The Grindylow was petrified. Then she sent the curse to seven other Grindylows. She continued her sprint down the stream when she saw Piper. Piper was bound to a tree with a rope.

Betsy lifted her wand to release Piper but before she could do anything a centaur pulled out between them. Betsy blinked. “Um Hi. Can I get to my friend Piper?” She asked stupidly and nervously. The Centaur replied. “The stars are bright and far, but hopeful.”

“Um…. ok, is that a yes?” She asked stupidly again.

“There are many unanswered questions in the forest.” The Centaur replied again.

Betsy sighed. This was going no where. “Ok, well, I’m just going to take my friend and be on my way. Diffindo!” The ropes broke and Piper fell gracefully to the ground.

The centaur looked betrayed and pawed the ground angrily. “To retrieve your friend you need to answer me this question. What is the wisest creature in the forest.”

Betsy thought about this for a long time (about 2 minutes). Then she answered. “The Centaur.”

Weirdly enough the Centaur let her pass. Who knew sucking up could get you so far. Betsy used the “point me” spell to find her way out of the forest. With Piper at her side they recognized a Kelpie, and lit its tail on fire before it could kill them by using the Incendio charm. Hand in hand they sprinted out of the forest. Relieved, Betsy dropped to the ground exhausted before she could see the scores the judges had put up. The stone was still in her left hand.
Darren
Darren

Number of posts : 22273
Special Abilities : Wandless Magic, Leglimens,

Back to top Go down

Betsy's task Empty Re: Betsy's task

Post by Founder Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:10 pm

Great work Betsy! Really nice RP! 10 on 10!
Founder

Number of posts : 4824

https://www.pottersarmy.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:11 pm

Yup, hers was quite good Very Happy
Darren
Darren

Number of posts : 22273
Special Abilities : Wandless Magic, Leglimens,

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlie Weasley Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:57 am

This one is quite good too! well done betsy
Charlie Weasley
Charlie Weasley

Number of posts : 852

Back to top Go down

Post by Betsy Parquette Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:02 pm

Thanks guys. I think it started off good, but you can tell I got lazy at the end. I couldn't figure out how to get past the centaur so I just bs'ed my way after that.
What a Face
Betsy Parquette
Betsy Parquette

Number of posts : 2421

http://albusarmy.forumotion.com/portal.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Mariana Diggory Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:55 pm

I don't think I wrote that long RPGs/
Mariana Diggory
Mariana Diggory

Number of posts : 16276