Testing the waters
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Testing the waters Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Testing the waters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Testing the waters Empty Testing the waters

Post by Jess Potter Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:43 am

Jess stood on the corner of High Street, his eyes straining through the early morning haze to try and catch a glimpse of any of the students he was meeting, or for Jack Dylan who was supposed to be arriving any minute now to meet him and the members of Potter's Army whom he'd contacted.

A feeling of apprehension had him rocking on the balls of his feet, the chance of getting caught holding a meeting which could really only be found to be illegal, or even worse - not having anyone turn up at all, was plaguing his mind and causing him a great deal of brow furrowing.

A glance at his watch told him nothing new, it'd only been a minute since he'd last checked and it was still a solid 5 minutes until the students were even meant to be arriving for the security checks set up to make sure nothing illicit was going in or out of the castle, yet there he was, tapping his toes impatiently and wishing that they'd arrive soon.
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 14221
Special Abilities : Wandless Magic, Seer, Flying, Legilimens

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1356010139

Back to top Go down

Testing the waters Empty Re: Testing the waters

Post by Louis Weasley1 Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:15 am

Louis had been called, he had no way to get out of the school, as he was about to use Alex's secret getaway, he remembered he was a Gryffindor Prefect, he desided to walk out normally, went throught the bridge and walked towards Hogsmeade. He was wondeirng what Jess wanted, it sounded very important in the letter he had gotten, so he desided to go, he went to reach for his phone to text either Mis, or Rhys, remembering that he hidden his phone, so that the guards wouldn't steal it, Louis hated the guards so much, one time he actually tried to fight a guard but thought it a bad plan.

As he walked towards High Street in the night, he had his wand out, with Lumos lighting he way, as he got there he thought Nox and the light turned off. "Hey Jess"
Louis Weasley1
Louis Weasley1
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 490

Back to top Go down

Post by Miseria Lupin Sat Oct 01, 2011 3:49 pm

Miseria recieved a note that asked her to meet Jess and Jack at the High Street early in the morning. She'd miss it and later she'd apologize, but beacause it was told in letter that the thing is about Potter's Army and the Order, she had to show up, since she was the current leader of the PA's organisation.
Louis was invited, too, probably. He was the co-leader, Miseria's "little" helper.

Sneaking out wasn't hard. in fact, Miseria considered herself a professional in sneaking in and out. All in black, she reminded more of a shadow when she walked fast and silently on the streets. She didn't use the light. In fact, she enjoyed the nighttime more than a day. It was the time when she felt perfect, she was walking fast, her reflexes were faster and though she couldn't see everything, her senses were high.

Suddenly she stopped. Not too far away from her, she heard a quiet voice. Scowling, she hid in the shadows, and looked over to see who was talking. Miseria couldn't see anything besides the dark siluettes. And then she sighed. Louis. And Jess. She'd recognize them everywhere. "Oh... So two of us are still missing... Hi Jess, Louis." Miseria said as she stepped out of the shadows.
Miseria Lupin

Number of posts : 3782

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhys O'Neill Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:47 pm

A secret meeting? In Hogsmeade, with Jess and Jack? So neat!! Rhys was pumped as she went all out getting ready. Wearing comfortable clothes, which were completely black, her hair was pulled back in a cap, because it was so bright anyone looking down from the castle would see it practically glowing. Rhys wasn't quite sure how she was sneaking out of Hogwarts, buts he knew that because of the weekend, most of the guards would probably be either drunk, or to tired from a day of activity to actually LOOK for anyone sneaking out.. they probably thought they were as tired as well, from their own romps in Hogsmeade, so security was low, that was good.

Rhys went down into the common room, and acting as though no one was there at all, she walked straight out of the common room. People knew her to be... eccentric, so it wasn't exactly a surprise to see her dressed all in black, about to go cause some more mayhem, of course it meant she'd have to do SOMETHING to make it look like she had done something besides go to a top secret meeting in Hogsmeade. So she snuck down to the Entrance Hall, out onto the lawns, and literally found the front gate open, with no guards around. "Psh.. idiots.." She muttered and snuck down the road towards Hogmeade, it took her a little bit to reach the others, and when she did she was pretty late.

"Sorry." She hissed half sprinting up towards them. "I couldn't find this place for some reason...." She said shrugging and looking around, Louis, and MIseria Lupin, the girl she had made fun of at the meeting, opps... moving on, she turned to look at Jess, and frowned. She had been told two adults would be there, Jess and Jack. Jack... must be late or something, but Jess was here, and Rhys was having a hard time figuring things out in her head. Jess... a girl's name right? Short for Jessica? But this was a guy... Jack... was a girl... she knew that much, what an odd thing to happen here, she grinned at the others though and bounced excitedly on her toes. "So what are we doing here?"
Rhys O'Neill
Rhys O'Neill
Fifth Year Gryffindor
Fifth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 167

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:50 pm

Jack sometimes understood why most people in her department were so keen on letting her take on the tasks she did. No one else really seemed eager to wrestly a teething baby dragon into submission when his sedatives had taken a bad turn. Somehow, the medication got switched and no one could get any spells on him, for he was writhing around. So Jack had done the logical thing and jumped on top of him.

She had gotten quite a nasty bite on her wrist and because of protocol and regulation, Jack had been forced to stay in the department infirmary while they did tests to make sure there was no trace of posion in her veins and that the wound would heal. It had to be healed naturally, because of the poison, and her right wrist was now sort of useless. But she had been worse off.

Healers were still poking and prodding her when she decided it was time to stop insisting that she had an important appoitment and just get to it. So she apparated away and arrived a few feet off from the group she was meeting- she had always been late to class and it was no surprise she was late now. Only now, she had a real excuse.

As she walked forward, she held up her right hand. "Sorry all," she said dropping her arm and reaching out with her left hand to shake Jess' hand, "Nasty tumble with a small Vipertooth." She turned the shake to the others, saying, "Louis. Mis. New girl." She nodded at each before taking a step away.
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 10287
Special Abilities : Occlumency
Occupation : Unspeakable | Beater for the Falmouth Falcons | Deed-Holder of Satan's

https://jackles-feels-feelings.polyvore.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Potter Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:18 am

((It's a Hogsmeade weekend, why would we be sneaking around kiddies? Some people should consider reading the notices more often >.>

Also, no phones at Hogwarts Louis - magic interferes with it.))

Jess looked up as he saw Louis meandering in his general direction, looking around to find Jess before finally noticing him and approaching on a direct course. "Louis," he replied, nodding his head and resuming his scan of the road from Hogwarts, knowing that if one person was here already the rest were sure to arrive soon as well.

And of course no sooner had he thought that did Miseria, followed distantly by the Gryffindor girl... Rachel? Rhonda? Rhys, that was it, Rhys was a short distance behind Mis and both were approaching Louis and him. "Miseria," he said with a faint smile - he could still remember the last time he'd seen her outside a classroom scenrio... werewolves still freaked him out a little.

"And Rhys," he said, hoping to god that he was in fact correct about the girl's name, how embarrassing would it be if he was wrong.

"Good morning all of you, thank you for agreeing to meet me here. You know my friend, Jack Dylan, she should be here any-" he said as an interruption arrived in the form of a quiet pop just behind him.

"Jack?" He asked, tapping his wand to create a beam of light, one which he then turned on the figure who had just arrived. "Oh good, it is you. You all know Jack, yes?" He asked before moving on.

"I've called you all together because we need to discuss... well, not here.. follow me," he said, gesturing for the four of them to walk with him.

"We need to discuss what your group is doing at Hogwarts," he said seriously, deciding to let the statement hang in the air as they trapsed their way out of the village.
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhys O'Neill Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:27 am

(ooc: Hahahahah totally missed the part where it said early morning XDDD opps! I was just going along with everyone else I guess!)

Rhys grinned when Jack came up, but realized she didn't know her name. Disappointing... but oh well, and the look on Jess's face.. well Rhys wasn't exactly the most known person.. Yet... but she would be. "Rhys." She said to Jack when she appeared and then grinned at Jess and the others, before she followed along beside him, listening as he spoke. "Hmm... secret under cover mission then? Umm... infiltrating bases? Gathering information? Anything awesome like that then?" She asked staring intently at Jess. She wasn't joking... not completely, but she was a bit naive for her age.

"I mean... sure we're awesome people, but what can we do? We don't have much to go on right now..." She said frowning before sticking her hands in her pockets and was actually grateful for her garb, it kept her ears warm, and the black absorbed the heat that was barely there that morning. "So what is it? Secret undercover missions?" She asked grinning excitedly at Jess before glancing around at the rest of the people assembled.
Rhys O'Neill
Rhys O'Neill
Fifth Year Gryffindor
Fifth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Potter Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:49 am

A soft chuckle and a shrug was the only reply that Jess could give for a few moments as he pondered over the words of the girl. What a world they lived in, where the immediate thoughts of a child, ones which in better times would be viewed as naive and foolish, were so close the truth that it was unnerving.

"Not exactly that," he said slowly, "But yes, that's the gist of the sort of things I think you should be doing," he told them. "The time for learning spells and manoevres when you meet are really over, Wilson has altered his syllabus to cover anything you may have needed to be studying, what you and your group need to focus on now are... well, what she said," he explained with a short glance at Rhys.

"You will know, of course, about the presence of a group in the school known as the Dark Followers... from what I know they're some sort of Death Eater worship group who seem to have at their disposal a fair bit of leeway, especially once recent events are taken into consideration," he said, his voice trailing off.

"I think that you need to focus on them, with the breakdown in rules against harming students it's become far too dangerous for you to trail the more... questionable... members as staff as I had originally intended to ask... instead, try and figure out who they are. Don't ignite open fighting where it can be avoided and certainly don't aim to permanently harm," he said with a pointed stare at Louis.
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Miseria Lupin Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:59 pm

Oh great, she is here, too. Not that Miseria disliked that girl, Rice... Or Rhys, whatever her name was, she found her quite annoying with her too positive attitude and voice that made her wish to cover her ears. However, she couldn't let her wishes to come true. In fact, she'd just walk away just because of the presence of that little gryffindor, but because she was the Leader of the Potter's Army, she had to stay there, and listen every single word what that little lioncub had to say. Miseria sighed. Why was Rice even invited? How did she get that attention? Before the Potter's Army, she never knew about that girl. She'd never even heard her name before. Of course every member had potential in them, but still – why her? Why not Brienne, who was really active? Why not Alexander or Sevastian or Hitame?

When Jack appeared, Mis shook hands with her, nodding weakly when Jack greeted her. Then her arm slided back in her pocket, and she looked at Jess, whom she started following. While doing that, she looked around. She wanted to ask who would bother to come out and listen their little talk, but she only shook her head a little.

Dark times lie ahead.

Indeed they do.

When “Rice“ started talking again, Miseria bit her lip. Otherwise she'd burst into hysterical laugh. But she had to admit – that little girl had a funny sense of humor. And after she thought a little about this undercover mission thing, Miseria grinned. “Sounds like a great plan, Jess, But-“ she looked at Potter. “They know who we are. They fought against us, remember? They saw our faces, and I am sure that they are waiting for this. They are waiting for us to make the first steps.“

Alright, maybe they didn't know that Miseria was with them. After all, she fought when she was werewolf, not human. But how long would it take for them to figure out who are the werewolf students in Hogwarts? Not long if they had enough brains to check out the missing student's list on the full moon's day each month.
Miseria Lupin

Number of posts : 3782

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhys O'Neill Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:41 pm

Rhys couldn't help but grin when Jess said that was just what they would be doing. She grinned even wider when she realized she was right. Undercover missions! But then Mis mentioned something about them being recognized, before she grinned wider and looked at her and raised her hand into the air. "Actually Miseria!" She exclaimed, trying to keep her voice down, but it came out in a high squeak. She coughed and lowered her voice. "I didn't fight in the battle..." She said with a soft mutter. "I was a third year, and I was afraid... no way was I gonna fight against all those guys, they don't know who I am.. "She said grinning at them, and then frowned. "Much like you don't know me at all.. or any of you... I'm like... a secret... a secret who obviously doesn't look like an undercover mission type girl." She said pointing at her chest and smiling at them all.

"Jack didn't know who I was.. but I knew her... Miseria, I know I'm a bit annoying, but I can hide, I'm sneaky, and come on... they see me, and they wouldn't think I was up to anything anyway.. I'm to... well stupid looking.. but I'm not.." She said looking around at them all, as though she was trying to let them see her usefulness. "Everyone is to into it.. to involved.... the others from the meeting, to serious.. this is serious stuff, believe me I know.. but.. come on, look at me, I'm not exactly the type of girl who would want to get my hands dirty in something like this..." She said holding up her hands to show that her palms were indeed clean. "I can do it Jess... I swear I can.."
Rhys O'Neill
Rhys O'Neill
Fifth Year Gryffindor
Fifth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top