Testing the waters - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Testing the waters - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Testing the waters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Testing the waters - Page 2 Empty Re: Testing the waters

Post by Louis Weasley1 Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:51 pm

((i don't have anytime))

Louis looked at Jess as he talked, "We need to discuss what your group is doing at Hogwarts," Jess had said, Louis sighed, "I didn't realize we were doing anything bad." He said looking at Rhys and Mis. Then Jess started talking, after Rhys said something, "You will know, of course, about the presence of a group in the school known as the Dark Followers... from what I know they're some sort of Death Eater worship group who seem to have at their disposal a fair bit of leeway, especially once recent events are taken into consideration," They said.

"I think that you need to focus on them, with the breakdown in rules against harming students it's become far too dangerous for you to trail the more... questionable... members as staff as I had originally intended to ask... instead, try and figure out who they are. Don't ignite open fighting where it can be avoided and certainly don't aim to permanently harm," Jess had said, "I have repented for using the killing curse, and yes I am very lucky for not going to Azkaban." But Alex thought about what Jess had said. Louis changed his reaction........ Yumi.

"I have nothing against Rhys, but I think we should have a little bit more qualified, like Sam, or Alex."
Louis Weasley1
Louis Weasley1
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 490

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Potter Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:19 pm

Jess chuckled to himself, shaking his head before Rhys had even finished speaking. "I don't doubt you Rhys, I think you've as big a claim to the fight as anyone else, but regardless of how prepared or unprepared, suitable or unsuitable you are, I wouldn't be suggesting anyone should do anything alone. Numbers are your greatest strength, you need to use them," he suggested, glancing around nervously again before resuming talking.

"Rhys is right though, in saying that she is probably better suited to this job than most others. Her identity isn't known, so she has a small amount of protection from the onset, she wont be focused on like you guys would be by Grindelwald and his cronies - he was there last year too reme-" He said, cutting off as Louis spoke.

"That's ok, we've discussed this and I know you're sorry for what you did," he told Louis, holding his hands up in a signal to stop talking. "I do however disagree that Sam and Alex are more qualified. Sam was there last year, and while that gives him more experience, that experience is negated by the fact that he was targeted last year, he's definitely known to our enemies. Alex on the other hand, I believe is in the same year as Rhys, and if memory serves, was not at the battle last year," he responded, pulling his wand out and conjuring up a sheet of parchment, scanning it for a few second before nodding, and making it disappear once more. "No, he wasn't, so they're definitely on even footing. So for that, I think that the two of them would make a good team for some groundwork scouting," he suggested. "Rhys, would you be opposed to working with Alex? You two are friends, aren't you?" He asked.
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 14221
Special Abilities : Wandless Magic, Seer, Flying, Legilimens

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1356010139

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhys O'Neill Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:36 pm

Rhys frowned when Louis said she wasn't qualified. She about spoke up, but Jess beat her to the punch, and then she frowned, staring at him when suddenly she was being paired up with Alex. "Oh! Alex, yeah we're friends." She said smiling at him and standing up straighter. "I didn't realize he wasn't at the battle either! That's great. "She said grinning, remembering the last time they had seen each other, it had been a little awkward, but surely it would be okay now! She didn't mind being paired up either, it was smarter.

"I agree, and totally think this will be awesome!" She said smiling at them all. "I mean... everyone else is kinda.. ya know... a bit to well known." She was secretly sad though, the thought that she could have been paired up with Sam, he would have been her ideal partner, they could get some stuff done together! But as it was... Alex was awesome, and she'd enjoy working with him. "So what's the plan then? We just.. tail people who are in the Dark Followers?"
Rhys O'Neill
Rhys O'Neill
Fifth Year Gryffindor
Fifth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 167

Back to top Go down

Post by Miseria Lupin Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:24 am

Miseria looked at Rhys, not showing any emotions of disappointment or even sadness. She knew that the girl was unknown in this school. She could blend in perfectly and she could spy on them without any problems. “I know that, sweetheart,“ she replied quietly, looking now softly at the girl. It was so nice, cute even, how she wanted to help them.
“I didn’t fight in a battle, too. At least that’s what they think.“ She smiled at her, and looked at Jess, and Jack. None of them had recognized her, which was really sad. She wanted to help, but in her wolf form, it wasn’t possible to cast spells. All she could do was bite, scratch, and do things what wolves usually do.

Finally, she sighed. Rhys really wanted to do something dangerous, didn’t she? “Alright, I’m fine with this, you can go, But-“ she looked at the girl again. Now, when she pointed out the facts that she really was unknown, she was annoying and that she could easily blend in with them, made Mis see her in a little brighter light. “I’m coming with you. I can change my looks whenever I want into whatever I want. Khaat and other Lupins will write a letter to school, and tell them that I’m really sick or something like that. This way I can work with Rhys without any problems, and no one will get suspicious about one little Hufflepuff missing. In this case, you, Louis, will be in charge. You will have to teach all the students in Potter’s Army.“

“Now – do I need to prove that I can change my appearance at will, right here and right now, or what?“ Miseria smiled at all of them.
Miseria Lupin

Number of posts : 3782

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexander Jones Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:48 am

((Actually, Mis, we had thought of Alex working with Rhys because there is something going on between them so yeah, Alex is the one working with Rhys.))
Alexander Jones
Alexander Jones
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Number of posts : 348
Special Abilities : Seer

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Potter Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:14 pm

"Well..." Jess said, a thoughtful look crossing his face before he chuckled and shook his head. "No, that wont be necessary," he said to her, half tempted to accept the offer just out of sheer curiosity, he'd never seen Miseria display her metamophagus powers, and he'd never seen someone that young who had properly mastered their powers, but that was neither here nor there.

"It's settled then, Louis, you'll take over PA for the time being whilst Mis here takes a more active role in our subterfuge activities. As long as you turn up your classes then no one will know you're missing, like you said," he agreed. "You, Rhys and Alex are best suited for this job, I say that you three sort your jobs out between yourselves before proceeding to act," he told them with a shrug, it was just his opinion after all.

"Oh, and one other thing," he added, rolling his eyes as he realised he'd forgotten what was probably the most important reason for meeting here.

"You all know Michael Tremaine yes? Well I've spoken to him and he's interested in helping guide you all in your actions. He knows how to access the room of requirement, all he needs is your, well, pretty much your blessing, and he'd be interested in coming and joining you, giving instructions and helping protect you in all. So, what do you have to say?" He asked, pointing his question more at Louis and Mis than the others.
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 14221
Special Abilities : Wandless Magic, Seer, Flying, Legilimens

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1356010139

Back to top Go down

Post by Miseria Lupin Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:18 pm

Tempting, wasn't it? Miseria'd never seen any other metamorphagus' in Hogwarts. She'd never seen anyone else change their appearance at will or with the polijuice potion. But she didn't consider herself as a perfection or unique. No. In fact, she sometimes felt like a freak, a clown, in group just because she was a werewolf, or because she was telekenetic.
She smiled at Jess when he finally refused her tempting offer, and looked at Rhys, with who she was on one team, again. Only this time they will have to work together. “Alex?“ she asked suddenly, raising her eyebrows. But she didn't want to get an answer for this one. Let it be a surprise.

“Yes,“ she replied shortly before Jess continued. When Mis and Michael first met, she didn't like the old man. He gave her a nickname which she disliked, and because she was young and little more rebellious than she was now, she snapped back at him, and wasn't really friendly. But after getting to know him little more, Miseria softened up. All he was trying to do was helping her and the whole Lupin family. “I give him my permission to join us.“

“Louis, I hope you will do whatever it takes to make Potter's Army members better fighters while I'm away, and I hope you will send me report of what you did on your meetings and how did you succeed. Do not disappoint me.“ Miseria said, looking now strictly at the gryffindor.
Miseria Lupin

Number of posts : 3782

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhys O'Neill Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:40 pm

Rhys couldn't help it, she was fascinated. "Wait!" She said throwing out her hands and freezing. "You can change your appearance? That is soooo cool!" She said grinning at her and running her hand through her hair. "Why don't you?! That would be awesome! I mean.. imagine where you could GO if you did that! Nick some robes and you could go into any house common room you wanted! Or.. or.. pose as a teacher or something weird like that!" she said staring at her in fascination. "So like.. can you make yourself taller? That'd be awesome!" She said excitedly, but then realized Jess was talking and backed off, listening to him.

"I don't really.. remember him, very well." She said with a smirk. "But sure, I'd love his help! It'll be awesome.. I mean, yeah.. that's.. umm..cool." She said trying to act all.. laid back and awesome like the rest of them were. They were all so serious, and she couldn't get why, what fun was there in being super serious all the time? Rhys stared at them all and then shoved her hands in her pockets and tried to look like she was standing like Mis was, straightening her back a little, and then looking at Jess, realizing he was different, she went on to imitating how he stood. "So what do we do first then?" She asked in a soft whisper, trying to make her seem not as.... hyper.
Rhys O'Neill
Rhys O'Neill
Fifth Year Gryffindor
Fifth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 167

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:40 am

Jack listened to the exchange between Jess and the students. She understood the enthusiasm. It was something she still had, something she would never forget because it was how she would always feel until her purpose was complete. The need to do something and see the direct good it does in this war. She knew if she kept up with this mindset, she would probably end up in Askaban.

But for what they were asking, no other mindset was necessary. Rhys was a little naively eager, Mis was willing but tentative and Louis was, well, Louis. Jess was in charge of this, so Jack did not need to waste any words. Words led to actions, she believed, so unless she had something to act upon, she would not waste her breath.

Rhys asked what was next and Jack reached into her pocket, pulling out three laser pointers. "Know what these are? I sell them at Wheezes. Originally a muggle toy, now they flash different colors and make noises, yada yada. I made these special, 'cause they link up with mine. Click the button, and yeah, it turns on no problem. Turn the top to the left though, and I'll immediately find you. Turn to thr right, I'll know you requested a meeting and we'll try to meet up. Click the button rapidly three times and... well..." She glanced over at Jess, not sure he'd approve. "Don't unless your life is in danger. And then throw it at whatever is threatening you. Keep it away from your eyebrows."

Explosives were sort of her thing.

"I will have mine on at all times. Keep yours close. Don't let the others get it. Okay? The Dark Followers... I'm less worried about their alliance with the Death Eaters. You watch the way they view Grindelwald- that's what I want to know. Listen to the rumor mill- they use it as a weapon. Don't let them know they are important though. That's your best offense."
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 10287
Special Abilities : Occlumency
Occupation : Unspeakable | Beater for the Falmouth Falcons | Deed-Holder of Satan's

https://jackles-feels-feelings.polyvore.com/

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum