Bring Your A Game
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Bring Your A Game Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Bring Your A Game

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bring Your A Game Empty Bring Your A Game

Post by Robert Lupin Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:57 pm

Robert had seen the two patronuses flash across the sky. He had been expecting it any time now. he summoned all the aurors to his office directly at once. In the meantime, he readied himself. He hated war, but at times it was a necessary evil. If there was any good thing in it, it was that the two patronuses signalled not only a summons to come, but it also signalled that so far, his own plans had been put into place successfully.

And if the aurors did not respond immediately, he had already resolved to go join whoever was there on his own. Whatever that meant for himself.

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 3100
Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Bring Your A Game Empty Re: Bring Your A Game

Post by James Manson Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:54 pm

James apparated into the Ministry og Magic. He walked fast as he worked himself up in the elevator and got to the Ministers Office. he knocked on the door as he opened it gently. "I have seen the Patronus Robert."He said as he looked at him. "Also Hello Aurors and Robert."He said as he knew it was going to happen soon. Kath has helped me wonderful with the Manticore. She is ready to fight, and the other animals there too."He said. "If the battle will be at the Lake, I think that will solve the problems by getting the help of the squid, but that is still unsure Robert."he said as he looked at him as he knew everything was going fast, but they, or he was ready.
James Manson
James Manson

Number of posts : 84

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenna Boot-Corner Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:32 pm

Claudia hated being on call, but she was always on call nowadays. She walked into the minister's office and sat herself down. Likely there was going to be some useless discussion before they actually did anything here.

"Manticore?" she asked, catching the end of the discussion.

Jenna Boot-Corner
Jenna Boot-Corner
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Number of posts : 69

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:52 pm

"Thank you both for coming, Mr. Manson and Ms. Wandsworth," Robert said. "Since time is of the essence I shall get to the point, if you don't mind, and as the others come I shall brief them. If they do not arrive shortly, I will meet you without them.

"Mr. Manson has managed to tame, or at least befriend 2 manticores. Not an easy task. And not predictable creatures either. They might be of some use to us. War has come to Hogwarts. It appears we have a dark wizard in our midst who may well be behind this making a bid for control of the wizarding world. In short, it is a name from your history books. Gellert Grindlewald has been resurrected via a horcrux and would very much like to own the world, it does appear. It may be that he has orchestrated this battle at the school. At any rate, because of the rising tensions in the school, I have put a couple of people I trust on school grounds without your knowledge--for their protection as well as yours.

"MIchael Tremaine is on the school grounds as it is. My daughter has gained entrance to the Forbidden Forest and she has been there for some time. She has taken control of the thestrals. She has also been camping near and neotiating with the centaurs to assist us, should we need it, in defending the school since our own numbers are a bit limited.

"As you know, Thestrals cannot be seen except by those who have already, themselves, seen death. That is one of the reasons I have sent Khaat. Her own experiences will enable her to see them, I believe, and I also believe that had she not, she'd have sent word to me.

"As for the centaurs, there are a limited number of them who will assist us. Their interests are purely their own. They do not want battle to expand into their homeland in the forest. Centaurs, while they are neutral, generally favor the 'white lighters', traditionally anyway, rather than dark magic. Your instructions are simple. You will find you will have little trouble gaining access onto the school grounds or into the forest since security at the school is already breeched. Go and help defend the school and protect the students. You may take a thestral and/or a centaur with you. They may be of some use to you. Khaat has both waiting for you in the forest itself. She has sent up a patronus from there, and will follow that by red sparks from her wand. Any questions?"

OOC: This is an intended part of the battle plot that you may indeed use. You may use a thestral to do some battle by air, if you choose. Or you can take a centaur with you. Both will be your own NPC's to control as you wish. Questions?

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenna Boot-Corner Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:03 pm

"Has Grindelwald been sighted at the battle?" Claudia asked, alarmed that the Minister knew of the dark wizard's return.

"Has the German Ministry been alerted of his return? He may be using this as a distraction, either to attack elsewhere or to return to Nurmengard."

Jenna Boot-Corner
Jenna Boot-Corner
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Number of posts : 69

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:30 pm

Steven moved as soon as he got the owl from Robert he kissed dalilah and their twins " don't wait up I am not sure how long this will take " he said and aperated out and to the ministry his heart was beating fast at the adrenalin that raced threw his system as he moved through the corridors to the one room he knew Robert Lupin's office. He knocked then pushed open the door walking in he scanned the rom and shook his head " I see im late my apologys Minister, the light show was eye catching " he said and nodded to the only other Auror that was in the room " Mister Mason,Miss Wandsworth I see you saw it too, pretty wasn't it " he said implying he ahd seen the patronus as he crossed to take his place in a chair, that sat nestled against a wall where if he wanted he could see the whole room and any one who came in. He hoped others would show or it would not look well for the Aurors seeing only two had made it so far but the evening was young and he could wait all night if need be. He sat listening to the Miniater as he continued to talk about the centars and khaat being in the forest.

" A bizarre looking creature thought to be a demonic branch of beastmen. However, further study proves them to be a naturally occurring species in Vana'diel. Most manticore's vary in size, though they are all larger than wizards or muggles. Their striking red color along with their gigantic fangs and spiked tails makes them an imposing target to go after also makes is a good choice as an alie" he said looking at her then at Robert " do we have to take one with us I prefer not to" he said .
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 3077
Special Abilities : Legllimancy, Speaking to Animals

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:06 am

"To the best of my knowledge, Ms. Wandsworth, he has not been seen. Although, there is another consideration. His face is well known in every magical history book in the wizarding world. If I were him, I would not want to resemble even a shadow of my former self. And a polyjuice potion is child's play for his skills. He could change his image as many times as he jolly well pleased. Regardless of how his appearance is now, I doubt we will actually recognize him until he chooses that we do, and even then we will most likely know him by his skills alone.

"As to the second part of your question, I have alerted every governmental agency of magic that we have any contact with, worldwide--and then some. I seriously doubt he's at this battle. I can't see someone with the reputation and skill level of Gellert Grindlewald bothering to dirty his hands with a bunch of students. And a victory at Hogwarts would only be the appetizer for someone like him. It isn't his end game. He didn't work that hard at the dark arts to become Headmaster. No, no. If I were in his position, this would merely be introductions. There is a much bigger, much darker game to come, I believe.

"Steven, you are acquainted with manticores. Good. Just don't kill either of them. They're both our allies. You don't have to take either of them. You don't have to take a thestral, nor do you need to go see Khaat to partner up with a centaur. I am merely suggesting we make use of what we can in order to give us more power and numbers."

OOC: My bad. You do not need to actually go post with Khaat in the forest if you want to take a thestral or a centaur. All you need to do is post in the battle and take them with you. Sorry. I just realized that was about as clear as mud. LOL

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by James Manson Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:31 am

He looked at the two aurors that appeared as he looked at both of them. "DOn't worry about the Manticores, and the animals, I will be dealing with this as soon as we get to Hogwarts, they are ready to fight, and I am sure they will suprise. As long as Jess can stop the Death Eaters, or take some time. He never send me a Patronus, but I will be ready to help where I can."He said.

"Robert, I will help the students in school, to bring them save and away, I am not a duelist and nor will I win a battle like this then, if I am trying to duel. But I will help where I can and the animals, I am sending in all have protection spells. I have studied the ways of the Manticores, and they have some special skin. They resist spells, so mostly they won't have time to use the killing curse on them."He said.

"The animals are ready, and I will try my best with the Squid and the merpeople, but I am not sure if they will help but we have enough to win the battle. The order and the Ministry together, and the manticore, might be a win for the battle."He said.

"So are we ready to begin the battle at Howarts, and help the Order?"He asked looking at Robert, knowing that he needed to deal with the animals travelling.
James Manson
James Manson

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:04 pm

"Yes. Go. Go. Both of you," he ordered. "Keep yourselves safe. Try not to hit the kids. But do your best to take out the dark arts followers. Good luck!"

He went over his list of aurors. They had not responded. If they did not respond to this, and within minutes, they would become unemployed. That much he was sure of. He knew Brian would be on the way, and soon now, Khaat would give up her post in the forest to give up the battle. She would not ever back away from a fight. He knew her too well. And he couldn't stay away much longer from it himself.

He was beginning to doubt Jen Dent. She almost always replied instantly when she was summoned like this. But the fact that she hadn't made him doubt her. He was starting to see that, for the moment, he might have to assume her post and his own. He sighed heavily.

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by James Manson Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:30 pm

That was the sign for James to get away as he looked at Robert. "We will meet again later."He said as he then poofed out of the room, knowing what he must do.
James Manson
James Manson

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top