Rain - Page 3
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Rain - Page 3 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Rain

Page 3 of 25 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14 ... 25  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Rain - Page 3 Empty Re: Rain

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun May 08, 2011 10:41 pm

"Thank you, Jess," Khaat said softly. "You have no idea how sick I am of being wet, though." She manaaged a slight smile. "I know I will feel better after a shower, but I really don't think I ever want to be wet again." Khaat found, though, once she got under the water and found the soap and the shampoo she felt better. She smell of the soap and shampoo made her start to feel some sort of normality again. She wondered what sort of a mess she had made of her life. Her relationship with Eli was overwith. For good. And it broke her heart.

Angus brought in a change of clothes for Khaat. He had brought in Khaat's softest old jeans, a white v necked t-shirt, and a denim shirt of Brian's. He could see Khaat's silhouette through the translucent shower door and was clearly seeing that even though she was just heading into her third month, she was looking drastically more pregnant than he had noticed. It was time for her to start using her maternity clothes. Had she been simply making her clothes bigger? And without her wand, she could no longer do that. He took the clothes back and exchanged the jeans for a pair of the maternity jeans that she had worn when she was pregnant with Abbey. They were just as soft and worn because she had only had 2 pair of maternity jeans. He exchanged the t shirt for one of Brian's, and changed the underwear for a pair of maternity ones. He brought them back and handed them to Jess.

"I...I really wasn't trying to be seeing things I shouldn't. And actually, I didn't," he somewhat stammered in his discomfort at trying to say he hadn't seen anything he shouldn't. "Anyway, here. She'll find these far more comfortable than what she asked for. Is there a possibility that she is further along in her pregnancy than Robert has told us?"

Last edited by Khaat Lupin on Mon May 09, 2011 1:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22678
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Sun May 08, 2011 11:08 pm

Jess looked at Khaat " its ok Khaat I'd agree if i was out there as long as you were " she said and watched to make sure she was ok as she showered she took out from a cuboard two bath sheets ready for when khat stepped out she saw the look on angus's face and chuckled " its possible, but more like shes carrying more than one " she said as she placed the sheets on the seat that sat beside the shower . Jess took the clothes and chuckled " its ok Angus your family so its ok " she said and smiled at him gently.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 4796

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun May 08, 2011 11:28 pm

Khaat got out and dried off and wrapped herself in a towel. She combed out her wet hair. She was getting used to it being wet. She looked at the maternity clothes Angus had brought her, rolling up the sleeves on Brian's shirt. She sniffed it, drinking in Brian's scent. It smelled like relief and safety to her.

"You know, Jess," Khaat said. "I was wondering how soon I'd have to do this. I've been letting out my clothes for awhile now with my wand. I..guess that won't work until I get a new wand. I guess Angus is right. It's time to make that transition." She decided her skin badly needed moisturizer. If Brian had been awake, she had no doubt he'd have give her a full body massage just to help her get the moisturizer into her skin after being out in the elements so long. She got dressed and finished freshening up.

"I'd..I think I'd like to just look in on Brian. I just really want to see his face. I just really need to see his face," she said softly. "I bet that sounds odd doesn't it?" She walked down the hallway in her bare feet and opened the bedroom door very softly. Brian was just stretched out on the bed in a light sleep. He hadn't even changed clothes since the morning she left home two or three days ago. The fear and stress was still on his face. It was torturing his mind even in his sleep. It brought tears to her eyes.

"I can't help it, Jess," she said very softly. "I...I can't do this to him. I'm torturing him. I can't do it." She went over and sat down very gently on his side of the bed and took his hand and kissed him softly and lovingly. He woke sharply, and when he saw her there, he sat up and wrapped her instantly in his arms, hugging her.

"Oh, god! Khaat! Are you alright?" he asked softly, kissing her. "I was so scared for you."

"I'm fine. I..broke my wand. I just couldn't get home. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry."

"But you're alright? And the babies? They're alright?" he asked. She nodded.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to get stuck so far away from you...and then..." She paused, staring at the floor. She felt tears coming yet one more time now that she was here with him.

"Just say it, Baby," he said softly, reaching for her hands. He gasped, seeing the horrid black bruise on the back of her hand. "Wait! What the hell is this?" He held on tightly to her hand so she could not begin to pull it away. He pushed up the oversized sleeve of his denim shirt that she wore and the more he pushed it up the higher the bruise went. "Dear god! What the hell is this?" he cursed.

"Its nothing," she sniffled. "Really." Then her tears really began. Her relationship with her father? Was it even salvageable? And what about Eli? Would she ever, ever see him again? She didn't want to cry again, but she was so afraid she was going to lose her father and the person she considered her son. Her tears turned to sobs the more Brian was discovering. He turned her arm over to see how deep the bruising went and how far up her arm it went.

"Oh, Babe," he said, full of pity for her. "Its huge!" Then his face cleared. He had had this injury himself. "Your father," he said softly. "He did this." She nodded. "Was that all?" She didn't reply. "You answer me right now," he told her softly but seriously.

"He knocked me out of the way," she admitted.

"What do you mean by that?" he frowned. "Do you have one other mark he caused? Even one?"

"Yeah, but its not bad," she said timidly.

"Where? You show me," he said. When she froze, he laid his hand on her forehead. "I'm picking up bruises and a wand burn in addition to this. Your wrist is terrible. He'd have done you a bigger favor if he had only broken the bone. This is nasty. He just utterly ripped tendons and cartilage and ligaments....Wait...He blasted you, didn't he? And it knocked you off your feet, didn't it?"

"No," she finally said. "Into a wall. We had a fight. It was my fault. I provoked him."

"No, no. I won't buy that. He might have thought he had to defend himself. That much, if it happened, I'll give him, but he also knows you're pregnant. He could have caused you a miscarriage." He laid his hand on her stomach. He frowned. "I want your father to check you. He caused it, he needs to check it."

"Something's wrong?" she asked, fearful.

"I don't know. I want him to check it."

"He might never speak to me again."

"He will if I bring him in, in one of his own bug jars," Brian said angrily.

"Wait. Wait, Brian. Michael went to talk to him after he cooked for me. Please. For me," she said.

"He's going to do this today," he said with iron firmness. "Come on. Come with me." He got up and led her downstairs, his arm around her waist. He then looked at Jess, looking for her assistance.

"Jess? Is there any coffee?" He asked. "Or maybe some of either almond or cinnamon tea? Those are the two flavors she likes the best, and they would soothe her nerves. We could add a bit of a nerve potion for her. The one in the kitchen in the orange bottle is safe for pregnant women. I think we all deserve to know the rest of what happened and why and where she's been. And she needs to be with all of us and with her girls. Let's fill in the blanks for everyone so she feels less ashamed about all this. Besides, we need to pack her arm in ice clear up to her elbow before I can try to do anything with it, and you can help me with that. Oh, and Jess? Are there any cookies? Personally, I need something to nibble on."

"Did you eat while I was gone?" she asked, noticing his stomach was growling loudly.

"I don't honestly have the foggiest idea," he replied.

"You didn't shave or shower either one," she told him gently.

"Later. In a few minutes," he said. "I promise."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Mon May 09, 2011 2:20 pm

Jess looked at Khaat and the clothes " better to be now than later when you can't so anything about it , besides i think you'll be alot more comfortable " she said and smiled " stylish too " she chuckled and smiled as she walked with her to the bedroom she watched Kaat's face as she saw Brian and she moved to him feeling she needed her space she stepped into the doorway close enouph should brian need her but far enouph away that they had their privace. She stood listening and was about to say Jack had told her michael was dealing with it when she heard Khaat mention it herself.

She saw them start to move and headed down to the kitchen putting on the kettel and making some cinamon and camomile tea and fresh coffee . with three fresh pots she smiled as Brian spoke to ehr " yes all three fresh pots just made " she said and pored a cup of coffee for Brian and cynamon tea for Khaat and walked in along with some apricot scones buttered and a smal pot of jam that sat next to it on a tray " here you are, eat Brian you'll feel better " she said .
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon May 09, 2011 2:42 pm

"Thank you, Jess," Brian said. He chose a cup of coffee for himself. He really needed it. He was dragging. Angus brought in ice packs and towels and he and Brian packed her arm in ice again. "You said you ate?" he asked Khaat.

"Yes. Michael made me something," she said. She hadn't been downstairs more than a couple moments when two figures apparated in. She recognized the first figure as Michael. She felt immediately relieved. But behind that was her father. She wasn't sure how she felt about that. She looked at Michael. He merely smiled at her to reassure her. Robert came over and sat on the sofa on the other side of her and sat down.

"I owe you an apology," he said softly. He kissed her forehead. "I'm sorry. Surely you know I never meant to do that."

"I do," she said.

"Let me see your wrist," he said, putting his shoulder bag on the floor beside him. She was going to resist, but Brian merely removed the ice and the towels so Robert could see it. Robert began to gently examine it. Khaat said nothing. It was very painful, but she wasn't making a sound. "Well, first of all, it isn't broken," he said. "It is damaged, but its ligaments and tendons. I really do have to immobilize it." He touched the tip of his wand to her wrist to decrease swelling, and it began to reduce much quicker now. While that was happening, he drew forth materials to create a cast. He wrapped her wrist up to her elbow and enchanted the wrappings to become a cast for her. "That will help. You may need pain potion for a few days."

"We have some," Brian told him.

"Good. Use it as necessary. You know how to do that." He laid his hand on her forehead. He touched his wand to her chest to heal the burn that he had caused and laid his hand on her stomach. "All is well there," he told her after a moment. "It might take a bit for the bruises to fade." He poured her a potion from his bag. She knew what it was. It was to prevent her getting any sort of cold or virus from being out in the elements for so long. She simply took it. "I think we need to talk," he told her. "Alone." He stood and reached for her hand. She took it and stood. He led her downstairs to the family room so they could talk.

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Mon May 09, 2011 3:08 pm

Jess smiled to Brian and looked at Khaat . She turned and looked at Robert and michael she looked at Robert again as she felt Jack wrap his arms around her and she lent back on him " your welcome Brian " she said and moved so jack and her were out of the room but again close elouph if called.

" so you got wet , I hope you don't come down with a cold " she said to him holding his hand gently as she turned and kissed him gently " that is for finding Khaat " she kissed him deeper a second time " that is for keeping your promise " she said smiling at him she turned to see Robert and Khaat walking into a second room she loked at Brian " do you think thats wize brian ?" she asked meaning that Khaat might not like being alone with Robert with her mind the way it was.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon May 09, 2011 3:23 pm

"I don't entirely know," Brian said. "But I do know he is her father. They have to make amends at some point. Whatever this was that caused this, they both need to move past it and make peace. He seems to be in a better frame of mind. I think, when he has decided to be patient and listen, he does a fine job with it. We owe it to both of them to give them a chance."

The discussion was long and hard for Khaat and for Robert both. They discussed Eli and how their differences about what they had thought was in his best interests and why they had been so far apart on what they had thought was right. Her father was also, unfortunately, correct that Eli remembered now and that he had not shown up to talk to Khaat by his own choice. It was one thing if Eli distanced himself and selected Viktor because it was all he knew. But for him to remember and know now how much they had been through together and to still choose Viktor in the face of all Viktor had either been or not been, that was painful. In the end, she knew that her father had saved both her and Eli from prolonged pain.

They both were coming to terms that they needed to put this behind them and she needed to move forward. She wasn't exactly happy with that, but that was the way it was. He had utterly refused to accept her resignation from either of her positions. If she wanted to go, she was welcome to, but not for these reasons. Not under these circumstances. And then he asked her to stay. She hesitated for a moment, and then she accepted.

But when they came back upstairs, they both felt that it had been resolved.

"Peace?" Brian asked.

"Peace," Robert smiled. "I am sorry I caused you all such panic. But I am very grateful that you found her and took such good care of her."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Mon May 09, 2011 3:36 pm

Jess looked at Khaat and smiled breathing out "ok Robert would you likje some tea and apricot scones?" she said making the float threw the air and land on the tray that sat on the table along with an extra cup " comomile or cinamum tea " she said and moved to pour him a cup. Jack took a cupo of coffee and sat down one leg resting over the other as he watched them all . Jess moved to sit next to him " i am glad she's back and safe along with the babies we were all worried " she said and smiled.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon May 09, 2011 3:46 pm

"Yes, please," Robert said, helping himself to tea and a scone. "I'm glad she's back home too. I was worried too, but I had to stay working. I had no choice. When Khaat isn't at St. Mungos, it falls to me. And I do have responsibilities at the Ministry as well. I couldn't just drop it all for her, much as I wanted to. I had to trust in you all. Thank you."

Michael sat and poured himself tea as well without invitation and helped himself to a scone. "Very good, Jess," he said. "I'm glad its all ended well. So, when will you go back to work, Khaat?"

"Soon," she said.

"I asked her to take a day or two off to rest up. She needs some sleep and some food. After that, we'll see," Robert said.

"A day or two at home sounds lovely," Brian said.

"Did you tell them your decision, Brian?" Robert asked.

"No," Brian said. "I have decided I don't need Jen Dent's primadonna attitude. I don't really need to work at all. I will continue part time at St. Mungos, only as Khaat or Robert need me. I have left the Ministry. I will take on managing Sparks for her to reduce her workload, especially with two new babies coming. Besides that, it leaves me far more time to spend here taking care of her and my children. I'm sorry, Jack and Steven. But I am needed here far more."

"Are you sure thats what you want to do?" Khaat asked.

"Yes," Brian said absolutely.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Mon May 09, 2011 3:57 pm

Jess nodded to michael and smiled but felt jack tense next to her as he heard Brians change in job.

" maybe i should think about a change too since je's made it quite clear she dosn't like wears or freinds of wears " said jack with a deep frown on his face " I would say more but there are ladies in the room" he st back siping his coffee as he looked at Brain " not sure what we'll do till I can find another job but I gess well get threw " he said " I must say I don't like her attutude or changes ether "

Jess took his hand and sighed " maybe we can open the shop again this time make it differant more modern " she said and looked at Khaat " would you mind if i put you as co owner, I'd like ho have you help as the last time it went down hill" she said and looked sheepish " might help when your on your bed rest stange to have something to think about " she asked she would not be disapointed if she said no but since sh had done a lot for them and she felt this was away of giving back to her.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 25 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14 ... 25  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top