A view of Betsy
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A view of Betsy Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A view of Betsy

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A view of Betsy Empty A view of Betsy

Post by Betsy Parquette Sun Jun 08, 2008 3:58 am

This is just a prolog. Its not so much a story.

To completely know Betsy, you must know her family history. Both sides of her family come from very proud happy-go-lucky Irish and Russian backgrounds. For CENTURIES Betsy’s family has been pure blood. Her mother’s father was a devoted death eater during Voldemorts rise to power. However after the first year of Voldemort being powerful he fell dead by the hands of some unknown Order of the Phoenix member. Her Grandmother then went into hiding raising her mother, Kate, and her uncles. Kate was 15 when her father died. Kate was not ashamed of her father being a death eater because she loved her father very much, however she kept this secret with her, she never even told her daughter Betsy, until Betsy was much older. However Kate resented death eaters since her father died and vowed never to take part in the thing that killed her father, (the order or the deatheaters.) Kate’s brothers felt differently and when Voldemort rose to power again (when Betsy was eight) two of the three of them joined the deatheaters along with their cousin Crabbe. Kate knew Voldemort would want to recruit Kate, her husband Albert Parquette, and her brother Jonas, so the three of them went into hiding with Betsy and Betsy’s little sister Polly. They hid for three years in a small Village in Brazil, Kate and Albert completely isolated themselves from the wizarding world during that time, however Jonas kept them up-to-date, because he had involved himself in the Brazilian Ministry of Magic. A month after Betsy turned 11, Harry Potter knocked Voldemort out of power forever. After saying goodbye to Jonas, who loved to live Brazil, they moved back up to their historic family mansion in northern England, hoping Betsy would be accepted into Hogwarts, which the Parquettes had been going to basically since the school had been founded. The same summer Betsy had been accepted into Hogwarts her cousin Cornelia came to live with them since both of her parents had been killed while working for Voldemort. Betsy’s family welcomed Cornelia into their home with an awkward and reluctant kindness. Cornelia helps the house-elf baggy take care of the house and Betsy’s little sister Polly. She has a dark sense of humor and if you visit Betsy’s house you may find her lurking around lighting your shoelaces on fire when you aren’t looking.

Basic Betsy facts:

Mother, Kate: Kind, quiet, somber. Works in the Wizengamot Administration services. Very respected Wizengamot member.

Father, Albert: Jolly and stern. Works for the committee on experimental charms.

Betsy Parquette
Betsy Parquette

Number of posts : 2421

http://albusarmy.forumotion.com/portal.htm

Back to top Go down

A view of Betsy Empty Re: A view of Betsy

Post by Kat Piper Sun Jun 08, 2008 5:06 am

I like your review! Can't wait for the story! Razz
Kat Piper
Kat Piper

Number of posts : 991

https://www.facebook.com/taylaface

Back to top Go down

Post by Mariana Diggory Sun Jun 08, 2008 10:43 am

Auh this one is even better then mine!Keep writing!
Mariana Diggory
Mariana Diggory

Number of posts : 16276

Back to top Go down

Post by Betsy Parquette Sun Jun 08, 2008 6:36 pm

haha, I'll be writing very slowly.
Yours is good Mariana, yours is more of a story.
Betsy Parquette
Betsy Parquette

Number of posts : 2421

http://albusarmy.forumotion.com/portal.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Mariana Diggory Sun Jun 08, 2008 6:46 pm

Yours will become a story when you start telling it and thanks woot woot! I'm glad ppl like my story!
Mariana Diggory
Mariana Diggory

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Potter Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:08 pm

Yeah, nice job Betsy. tell me. What happens when your shoelaces are on fire?
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 14221
Special Abilities : Wandless Magic, Seer, Flying, Legilimens

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1356010139

Back to top Go down

Post by Mariana Diggory Sat Jul 05, 2008 9:57 pm

LoL what kind of question is that?
Mariana Diggory
Mariana Diggory

Back to top Go down

Post by Sophia Granger Sun Jul 06, 2008 4:50 pm

Good chappie Bets I like it's very interesting! I'm adding you to my story!
Sophia Granger
Sophia Granger
Seventh Year Gryffindor
Seventh Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 11575

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top