Ready for the weekend
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Ready for the weekend Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Ready for the weekend

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ready for the weekend Empty Ready for the weekend

Post by Damon Ambrojze Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:46 pm

The overcast hung like a bruise over Hogsmeade. At the edges of the sky, blue slashes showed the brilliance of the spring sky above but the long banner of cloud refused to shift.

Some people were irritated by the weather. How dare the sun that had shone all week duck it's lazy head behind the clouds as soon as they were free to enjoy its warmth! Others were less distressed. Such a one was Damon Ambrojze.

Indeed, this set of circumstances suited him perfectly. There were those who said vampires could control the weather and perhaps it was days like these that gave birth to the lie, for there was something more about Damon that day. As though there was an energy crackling under his skin. Something that needed to be channelled through the twitching of the fingers and the tapping of the feet and the constant movement of a body that was usually so still.

He was not in the Hog's Head that day. The Hog's Head would not do for his purposes at all. For whole moment's he considered Madam Puddifoots, but the decor wounded his pride. No, when the children came down from the castle, Damon had already chosen his seat by the window at The Three Broomsticks. A pack of cards shuffled themselves on the table in front of him.
Damon Ambrojze
Damon Ambrojze

Number of posts : 122

Back to top Go down

Ready for the weekend Empty Re: Ready for the weekend

Post by Lana Di Angelo Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:31 pm

Lana entered the Three Broomsticks, eyes wandering around as she watched with avid fascination. She had been all over the world, but Hogsmeade was one of those places that just kept on delivering. A place filled with fascinating people and fascinating objects, Lana rarely wanted to leave the village. The Three Broomsticks, for instance, had the best Butterbeer in all of Europe. Par none. Lana personally taste tested all the various flavors of Butterbeer herself. While Irish Butterbeer had the most fascinating addition of Scotch, Hogsmeade still held her number one spot.

But as Lana looked around, from wizard to wizard, she noticed one wizard seated by the window, all by himself. Never a bashful one, Lana decided to sit as close to him as possible. Perhaps she would have an interesting conversation to add along with her drink. She approached the brooding figure.
"Beautiful day, isn't it?" Lana said, politely beginning the conversation.
Lana Di Angelo
Lana Di Angelo

Number of posts : 123

Back to top Go down

Post by Damon Ambrojze Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:29 am

A beautiful day or merely a beautiful girl who refused to be cowed by something as trivial as the weather?

He winced at the bright day outside the window. The overcast sky hadn't dimmed the brightness of the light that bounced back down to earth.

"Beautiful," he allowed. "Do you always talk to strange men in bars or am I to believe I am especially privileged?"

Damon's hand had drifted to the cards, putting a stop to their shuffling. He had no need of this lure today.
Damon Ambrojze
Damon Ambrojze

Back to top Go down

Post by Lana Di Angelo Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:41 am

"Well, strange isn't the term I'd use. Interesting is the more appropriate word," Lana replied, lips curling slightly. She was interested in what the man was doing there, but she had not truly considered anything beyond a mere conversation. She was a bit disappointed by the man's actions though. The cards were what drew her in. Who in the wizarding world would use cards like that? Perhaps it was due to gambling, or maybe it was a pass time. Maybe there some deep, dark story.

"I'm Lana. I'm a student up in Hogwarts," she explained as she received her beverage from the bar maid. She felt completely at ease here. Nobody was threatening her, nobody was about to attack. Her wand rested in the pocket languidly, but Lana was still bright and alert. If the man were dangerous, which Lana was beginning to suspect, she would be well defended at best. If not, the Three Broomsticks was a rather public place. If she were attacked, the man would most certainly be sighted and ultimately detained.

Of Lana thought of none of this as she sipped at her mug, expecting the man to respond in kind.
Lana Di Angelo
Lana Di Angelo

Back to top Go down

Post by Damon Ambrojze Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:29 am

"Ah, I see."

Damon supposed a girl was entitled to romantic fantasies about mysterious older men when she was that age. Seeing as he was in a good mood, he decided not to question her logic about it.

A faint smile traced his lips as she introduced herself. Where else would she be from?

"Hello, Lana from Hogwarts."

This time his hand extended across the table in offer of a handshake.

"My name is Damon and I am a nefarious rouge the likes of whom you ought not consort with."
Damon Ambrojze
Damon Ambrojze

Back to top Go down

Post by Lana Di Angelo Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:08 pm

"Naturally," Lana smiled in good humor, as she shook the man's hand. "For what other kind of man sits here in wait for precious little prey like me?"
This was, mind you, all in pure jest. Lana had yet to experience a single negative event in Hogsmeade, and her trust in the community was a bit too strong. Regardless, Lana di Angelo kept her wits about her as she watched the man's actions. She still didn't feel particularly threatened, but seeing as the man was willing to joke about the situation the way he had, surely he was no nefarious rogue.
Lana Di Angelo
Lana Di Angelo

Back to top Go down

Post by Damon Ambrojze Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:24 am

Damon's tea had gone cold. He sipped it anyway. Raised an eyebrow at Lana's enthusiasm.

"You doubt me? I'm hurt," he said.

Dear Merlin, this was just too easy.
Damon Ambrojze
Damon Ambrojze

Back to top Go down

Post by Lana Di Angelo Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:51 pm

"Well, I see little reason to expect more. So, what are you truly doing here?" Lana asked, sipping some more of her Butterbeer.
Lana Di Angelo
Lana Di Angelo

Back to top Go down

Post by Damon Ambrojze Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:48 pm

Damon laughed easily at her question. He wondered how far he could push this before she really became frightened or angry.

"You've got me there," he admitted. "You might say I'm scoping out the territory. I'm a vampire hunter."

It was technically true. Besides, who better to hunt a vampire than another vampire?

"You might not know, but it is illegal for vampires to feed from witches and wizards, and those are the stories we've been hearing about some of the students at your school. I'm just here to make sure you and your friends are safe."

Damon Ambrojze
Damon Ambrojze

Back to top Go down

Post by Lana Di Angelo Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:50 pm

"Really now?" Lana replied, genuinely intrigued. Hunting vampires was clearly an interesting subject for her. She was practically BURSTING with questions about the subject. Things about self-protection, rumors she had heard, the way one disposed of such creatures. She wanted to ask the man so many questions, but she kept it to herself, feeling a slight need to show the man a manner of respect.

"So... is there really that big of a Vampire problem at Hogwarts? I mean, I'm sure professional hunters are good, but wouldn't any wizard be able to protect themselves? How do you dispose of a vampire? Does garlic really do anything to them?"

Yup. She was GREAT with self-restraint.
Lana Di Angelo
Lana Di Angelo

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top