New Kid in Town
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

New Kid in Town Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

New Kid in Town

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New Kid in Town Empty New Kid in Town

Post by Colin Firethorn Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:30 am

Andrew had been outside having a snowball fight with some of his classmates, and he came into the Gryffindor common room, soaking wet and still having traces of snow melting on his clothing. He had gotten carried away and had spent more time outside than he thought. He was freezing cold and shivering. It had been a great time, though. And the best part was that his aim with snowballs was getting a bit better. He hadn't gotten creamed this time around.

He took a moment to put a kettle on over the fire in the hearth in the fireplace in the common room and plunked some teabags rather unceremoniously into the kettle. One of the nice things that he'd received in his care packages from Robert was plenty of spiced tea, and he liked to share. Today he made a whole kettle full because it always went fast.

Once the tea was on, he sat down close to the fire to thaw out and get warm.
Colin Firethorn
Colin Firethorn
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Number of posts : 310

Back to top Go down

New Kid in Town Empty Re: New Kid in Town

Post by Yvette Belcourt Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:02 am

Yvette sadly tried to sleep to waste time in dream land, but she couldn't go to the great escape so she walked don't stone stairecase watching one of the Gryffindor boys preparing a something that she didn't mind to figure it out instead she walked over to the couch and lazily jumped on to it. She layed awkwardly, looking uncomfortable, but it was quit relaxing to Yvette. She groaned softly, not really caring who was bothered and didn't seem to mind if there was a rude responce to her out burste. She looked behind the couch, staring at the whatever her eyes would show her and later stared at her necklace and wanting to command it to find a wonderland of peace, well also it would give her necklace a reason because she hasn't used it a while.
Yvette Belcourt
Yvette Belcourt

Number of posts : 76

Back to top Go down

Post by Colin Firethorn Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:17 am

Andrew heard someone come down and flop on the sofa. Personally, he'd never considered that sofa very "floppable," but, well, Hogwarts just didn't provide uber soft furniture anyway. He looked to see it was a new girl. He thought he knew most of the Gryffindors, but this was one he didn't know.

"Want some tea?" he asked. "Its Christmas spice tea. I get it from a friend of mine. He sends it to me. I"m Andrew, by the way. You must be new. I don't remember seeing you before. " He shivered again and sighed, rubbing his hands together to warm them. "You missed a prime snowball fight," he laughed. "We had a huge bunch of people. You're welcome to join us next time. We all get a little stressed and punchy when it gets towards the holidays and we're trying to finish up the work before we go home on break. It's a good stress reducer. "

He moved to a large wooden cabinet not far from the fireplace and opened it and found a stack of plain but functional mugs. He also found powdered creamer, sugar, and some spoons. He drew out a pair of mugs, in case the new girl wanted some of the tea he had just brewed. He was beginning to smell the cinnamon, ginger, and orange in the tea, and it reminded him of Christmas.

Last edited by Andrew Diamond on Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Colin Firethorn
Colin Firethorn
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Yvette Belcourt Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:28 am

Yvette looked toward the boy and thought of a responce."No thank you and I'm Yvette, I guess I'm new, also no I don't think I'll join the next time. I tend to be agressive, even when I don't want to," Yvette said responding to his long listlist of questions and sat up hardly bouncing on the couch."So, how was your day?" Yvette asked."Its my turn for questions so I'll add more to that once I think of it" and so Yvette did adding, how old are you, favorite subject, any plans or dreams after Hogwarts.

(Sorry it's so small my computer again is horribl.)
Yvette Belcourt
Yvette Belcourt

Back to top Go down

Post by Colin Firethorn Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:41 am

"My day?" he asked, pouring himself a mug of tea and going back to sit near the fire, "Busy--well, for awhile. I had a paper to write for a class. I'm glad that's done now. I had to get into the restricted section of the library for some of my information, and sometimes thats not so easy. After that, I decided to go out and blow off some steam outside.

"And I'm twelve. My favorite subject is Defense Against the Dark Arts. I like duelling. I'd like to perhaps join the duelling club, but I just haven't had a lot of time to devote to something like that. After Hogwarts, well, I'm not sure yet. Maybe a potionsmaster. Our next door neighbor at home, the guy who sends me the tea, is a potionsmaster. He let me hang with him in his potions lab this summer. It really was a lot more fun than I thought it would be.

"So tell me about you," he said. "What sort of things do you like? You're obviously farther along in school than I am. Must be nice to be that much closer to graduating."
Colin Firethorn
Colin Firethorn
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Yvette Belcourt Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:03 am

"Well I'm not much of anything really, I've been studying my butt off for while, well a few years ago I did, but now its gotten easier".Yvette adjusted herself on the couch looking into the fire place imaganing her future, getting lost in it, and then later came back to reality. She thought a moment, not too long about her next moves and spoke,"I've planned to become a proffesor, I just want to teach. It seems fun and the authority would be a great plus. I could also imagine more, but I can't yet imagine things such as marriage or children, too much to handle". Yvette never really told anybody about her plans of anything because all of her friends frome Beauxbatons wanted to only talk about themselves and Yvette was the only one who'd listen.

"I hope you get that job of becoming a potion maker I'm sure you'll be great and have a lucky career and you'll have enough time in your years to change your mind if wanted just keep looking foward to life," and it happend Yvette had gone into the sadness of the reality that her birth family might have died and all that came out as saying be careful don't lose yourself in fantacy and always fight for something. Yvette looked up from the fire and smiled."I want cake," she randomly spoke.
Yvette Belcourt
Yvette Belcourt

Back to top Go down

Post by Colin Firethorn Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:19 am

Andrew had picked up on Yvette's clear sadness. He didn't want to pry, but he knew life wasn't always fair. He'd seen enough of muggle London to know that for some odd reason he didn't understand, muggles seemed to believe that magical abilities meant that life was bliss. He knew better. His parents were both dead. He had a guardian he never saw--well, once in the last year. The one thingg he did seem to have going was Robert and Kate. They weren't related to him, but they were good to him, and they seemed to like him as much as he liked them.

"Look,' He sighed, "I don't mean to butt in where I don't belong, but I do sorta understand that life sometimes stinks. But, well, you're pretty. You seem to be smart, and you're not afraid of hard work. That says a lot. And, if that isn't enough, well, there is at least one more thing." He grinned, wanting to lighten things up a bit. "You did make it to be sorted into the best house in the school."
Colin Firethorn
Colin Firethorn
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Yvette Belcourt Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:34 am

Yvette smiled a slightly and heard the word pretty."Pretty," she huffed and looked down."How many times have I heard that?" she asked herself thinking how and why so many people thought of her as pretty then began to realized the possiblities, but believed it be impossible if she was something then a human. Yvette had no idea of her Veela status and it would be a great thing to know and another way to find her family that she well desired.

"Well I guess I am lucky to be just so ' perfect', but I don't think I could have made it without my little guidance gem I have," Yvette touched her necklace to infer that her necklace was her guidance being that it like a compass showed you what angle to go and it also served as a choice maker at times if your lucky."And yes Gryffindor is a fantastic, but I wouldn't exclude the other house, all but the snake slures",that was Yvette's nickname for Slytherin and she was proud of her word making ability.
Yvette Belcourt
Yvette Belcourt

Back to top Go down

Post by Colin Firethorn Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:58 am

"So, tell me exactly what that necklace does," Andrew said. He'd seen magical items before, but it seemed that most of them had their own individual little quirks. They seemed to be almost at times to be persnickety. Andrew had never owned a magical item other than his wand, and he'd never used one either. He had seen his fellow classmates who had some different things, though.

Andrew had lived by his wit alone, for the most part. He'd never been treated well before coming to Hogwarts, and his new house mate's idea about becoming a professor was not a bad one. For Andrew, a professorship would secure that he could spend most of his life safe behind castle walls, and part of that appealed to him. The bad part about living in a castle was that it not only kept the bad in the world out, but it also kept the good things out as well. And part of Andrew was strongly independent. Fun loving. Needed a sense of mischief in his life, laughter, and friends. He wasn't sure that castle life would give that to him.
Colin Firethorn
Colin Firethorn
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Yvette Belcourt Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:12 am

"It guides me," Yvette said and she knew that it wouldn't sum up the object, but that was what it did. She smiled at it seeing her reflection, but she saw something that wasn't her face, something not her an she didn't know what it was, it was just a womans face."Beautiful," she said then came back to reality. She cleared the throat and spoke."To finish the answer it guides me to my desired location and it also helps guide my choices, that I so very much need," she giggled at humor."I've used it for so many life changing things and this was the reason I came to Hogwarts and I knew this helped me choose the best place I could spend my last student day," Yvette spoke, sort of getting sad at the thought of not being a student and being grown up she had so much learn, but so little time to do so.

Yvette was lost with her future even if she wanted so much to be a professor she couldn't see how it was possible and how to be registered or even the more training it would be, plus the stress. Despite the hard parts of life, she had the eager sensation to see how wonderful life was going to be even if it didn't go as plan it only mattered if she had something to keep her happy, give her meaning which was the reason of teacher for her, to give someone knowledge was the greatest reason of life to give someone something even simple things like, comfort, or inspiration toward life. That was lives meaning for Yvette was to make someone happy getting nothing in return.
Yvette Belcourt
Yvette Belcourt

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top