Lesson 5 - Basic Level - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Lesson 5 - Basic Level - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Lesson 5 - Basic Level

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Lesson 5 - Basic Level - Page 2 Empty Re: Lesson 5 - Basic Level

Post by Ezra Laurisi Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:19 am

Ezra showed up in a messed up way as he usually did. The messy hair, the messy clothes, yes this was Ezra. But, he had a comb and was trying his best to sort out the mess of his hair. The messiness that made his hair oh so attractive only to him. That was troubling enough, knowing that what was attractive to him wasn't to others. He had a thing for messy hair, it's what made him like some girls or give some guys some looks despite the fact that he was straight. As soon as he somewhat tamed the rat's nest that was his hair, he got his books out and flipped to a page. He wiggled in his seat a little.

Luna came in after a random student filed in after Ezra. She yawned and sat down, she had a serious case of bed-head when she came in but didn't bother to fix it. Though Ezra would be attracted to the messy hair, he knew that she was way too young for him. Instead he just sat tight. Luna yawned again.
Ezra Laurisi
Ezra Laurisi

Number of posts : 98

Back to top Go down

Post by Ethel Prerana Atkinson Sat Nov 13, 2010 3:02 am

Ethel looked at the sea of red. Everyone in this class was a Gryffindor, or was at least pretending to be one. Was there something she didn't know?

What-evAR. Since this was the first post, there was nothing else to comment on. Ethel sat down.
Ethel Prerana Atkinson
Ethel Prerana Atkinson

Number of posts : 34

Back to top Go down

Post by Colin Firethorn Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:30 pm

"Hey, Sam," Andrew greeted his friend. "I'm actually getting excited about Christmas this year. I don't know if my guardian will want me to spend Christmas with him or not, but I have an invitation to go be with my next door neighbor for Christmas. They have a farm, and they raise magical creatures. It's one of the best places I"ve been in a long time. What are you planning on doing?"

"I am so glad we're dueling today. That's something I've always wanted to try. If I can learn to be any good at it, I might join the dueling club. I don't know. But, yeah. Lets do plan on practicing together. Have you ever dueled before or watched one? I've seen some, but I haven't ever been in one."

Colin Firethorn
Colin Firethorn
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Number of posts : 310

Back to top Go down

Post by James William Wilson Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:37 pm

The room was getting filled with, rather loud, students. Wilson stood up, sighing, and then told them to lower their voices. ''Good day to you all and welcome to another class of Defense Against the Dark Arts. As I have overheard someone, Diamond I think, mention it, today's class will be all about dueling. We shall sum up what you have all learned and go through the basics of dueling. For starters, can anyone name the rules and guidelines of official dueling?'', he asked.
James William Wilson
James William Wilson

Number of posts : 1085

Back to top Go down

Post by Walter "Xem" Charcovix Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:46 pm

Xemnas raised his hand unknowing if his answer was right or wrong but he figured it couldn't hurt to try.This will be the first question he answers."a duel is a confrontation between two or more wizards or witches.The duelers face each other,bow,and attempt to disarm,or injure each other in order to force submission and thus a winner is decided.Each combatant may only use magic to defeat there opponent."Xemnas told the teacher starting to feel nervous .
Walter
Walter "Xem" Charcovix
Fifth Year Gryffindor
Fifth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 823

http://theroleplayzone.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by James William Wilson Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:47 pm

''Official dueling, at least on paper, validates only disarming as the final goal of the game. Real-life dueling is far more stretched and its main goal is, in most cases, injuring or even death. But, all in all, you are correct. Ten points for Gryffindor'', Wilson said.

He then stood up, looking at the wide classroom and all the pupils sitting at their desks. He put his palms together just under his chest and checked the measurements with his eyes, somewhat shifty. There was more than enough space for him to achieve what he wanted. He then spread his palms, thereby moving all the desks, along with the students to the side of the classroom. He then took his wand out. Twirling it, he conjured a navy blue rug that spread from the entrance to the stair that lead to his desk, which was on a small podium - it was actually just a part of the classroom that was a little higher than the rest of it, but Wilson liked to be formal.

''Grigori and Diamond!'', he called upon the two Gryffindor boys. ''You two are the first to give dueling a go. Next up are Weasley and the girl who's always ill, and finally.... the new girl and the boy that got my House 10 points. The remaining two, of course, come after. Now, you should know the rules by now. Bow down, count the steps you need, turn around and start dueling. Of course, you need to use the two basic spells we practised, but you are also free to use other spells that might help you achieve your goal, which is, of course, to disarm your opponent'', Wilson said, giving them the sign to continue.
James William Wilson
James William Wilson

Number of posts : 1085

Back to top Go down

Post by Walter "Xem" Charcovix Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:36 pm

Xemnas was now even more nervous.On his first day in defense against the dark arts,he had to duel another student.He raised his hand and spoke to the professor "profesor since I wasn't here in the last classes can you show me some examples of spells we can use.I don't wanna go overboard."Xemnas explained to the professor.He was so happy that he got 10 points for gryffindor,he felt proud.
Walter
Walter "Xem" Charcovix
Fifth Year Gryffindor
Fifth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 823

http://theroleplayzone.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Percy Weasley Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:57 pm

These shoes were like, really hard to walk in. Cassie had borrowed them off Matilda Thornton and they were giving her blisters. They were also giving her two inches in height she wouldn't normally have possessed. However, she suffered in silence, until she could pass the suffering on to someone else.

"I can show you," she offered to the Gryffindork who had just made the fatal error of admitting he hadn't been in class recently.

He obviously wasn't acquainted with the amazing exploding professor.

Percy Weasley
Percy Weasley
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 70

Back to top Go down

Post by Samuel Grigori Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:45 pm

Sam nodded, he was very pumped for it, if he stayed here at Hogwarts it would be his first snowy winter ever, something he was very much looking forward to. "I'm not sure actually, my parents want to head back to Australia with me, but i've never had a snowy Christmas, and the Yule ball just seems to tempting, I might stay here, try and get a date in the fifth year." He said with a grin. "And duelling, sheesh, sounds like good fun, i have been in a few, i will admit," he said, chuckling mostly to himself. "But I've never had a proper formal one," he told him.

Looking up as the teacher spoke he listened to the guidelines and nodded, seemed easy enough, and if he and Andrew were put together, he had two extra years of education, which would hopefully work in his advantage.

Then he was called up, first group, with Andrew, good, although they were friends Sam didn't plan on going easy on him. Standing up with a grin Sam walked to the area designated for them to duel and stood there, waiting for Andrew. "Youngest first," he said as Andrew walked over. Bowing to him, Sam raised his wand, prepared for what Andrew threw at him

((Excuse the godmode))
Samuel Grigori
Samuel Grigori

Number of posts : 318

Back to top Go down

Post by Colin Firethorn Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:38 pm

Andrew tried to repress a grin, but he was really, really looking forward to this. Andrew moved up to the rug Wilson had conjured and stood facing Sam. He bowed, as proper manners dictated, and turned and stood a few paces apart from him. He gave it a moment's thought. What to cast? What to throw at the fellow Gryffindor? Hm. He didn't want to hurt him, but yet, he did hope to set his friend on his arse--at least once. He also expected to be put on his own tail at least once in the process of all this, but that, truly, didn't bother Andrew. That was all part of the learning process. This, he decided, at least for the moment was going to be fun. He did know, though, and had seen when dueling as a matter of life and death and how it could instantly become no longer a matter of fun and games. He did know the difference.

"Stupify!" Andrew fired the spell from his want towards Sam.

Stupify: Sunning spell

Colin Firethorn
Colin Firethorn
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Number of posts : 310

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top