Auror Training 101 - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Auror Training 101 - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Auror Training 101

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Auror Training 101 - Page 2 Empty Re: Auror Training 101

Post by Hugo Weasley Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:50 pm

Oh dear God, Jen thought despairingly, sinking into a seat and kicking her feet up onto the table. She put her hands behind her head and closed her eyes, listening to the people move about the room. She’d heard Daniel come in; he’d been far from tactful. He was going to be the first to die during field exercises. “Put the coffee down, Blackheart,” She opened an eye, “Ain’t any coffee in the middle o’ nowhere. Gotta get used to that. You’ve gotta draw energy from elsewhere. Sleep would be an excellent suggestion or perhaps...breakfast.”

Jen took her legs off of the table and stood up, putting her hands into the pockets of her trousers which were, as always, made of leather. These she liked a lot though because the pockets were lined with something other than leather which was a definite plus. The plunging neckline of her crimson t-shirt accentuated the milky skin of her breasts and she made for a rather...attractive but terrifying woman. You’d want to have her but you wouldn’t want to get on the wrong side of her if you wanted your balls attached to you and not in the window of your house the next morning. But hey, that was what made love lives so much fun. It’s the midnight arguments in the streets and domestic violence that makes prying worth the time and effort.

“Well ladies you all look spiffingly useless and I really hope this isn’t it. It’s a poor showing. We’ve got the dog, the cowboy and the...” She looked over at Daniel and quirked a dark eyebrow at him, “I can’t decide between idiot, pretty-boy or the guy that was manipulated so spectacularly well by Elijah. I like that one so it’s the dog, the cowboy and TGTWMSWBE,” Jen smirked. “Out of that I think Wemby works the best so recapping again: the puppy, ye-ha man and Wemby. Is this really it?”
Hugo Weasley
Hugo Weasley
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 401
Special Abilities : Occlumency, Leglimency, Memory Manipulation, Non-Verbal Magic, Wandless Magic

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:09 pm

Robert, still with coffee mug in his hand also, walked over to Jen, stood beside her and looked at the men before them. " One moment, Daniel. Good question. We''ll be with you in one moment." He tilted his head slightly towards Jen before speaking and lowered his voice. "Jen," he said softly and calmly, "perhaps you've had a tad too much caffeine--or something--this morning. It was I who provided them the coffee, my darling. Let them have their coffee at least until we get started, and then I'll move the pot and the cups down the hall to my office. I promise. Besides, you aren't concerned that they might have an additional edge against you in dueling practice with a bit of caffeine, are you?"

He knew better. Furthermore, he knew that he and Jen understood each other very well. Jen already realized Robert knew her skills very well and believed in her capabilities and had hand selected her for her job. He wasn't dissing her. He was merely asking her to lighten up a bit. There was a lot of raw potential in this room, and he really didn't want her alienating them. Jen herself had her raw edges, and Robert knew exactly where each raw edge was. Diplomacy wasn't one of her finer points. She was a hell of a fighter, though, and that was one thing he needed badly. Maybe the diplomacy would come later--in about twenty or thirty years.

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 3100
Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Henri Finch Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:37 pm

Skeeter realized he was probably late and he was walking as fast as his long, gawky legs would let him, his mind reeling, scolding himself under his breath for his stupidity. First, he had trusted that muggle alarm clock- which he would never do again- and then he had taken too ling in the shower. Why? Because he was meant to fail.

Now you are just being over cynical, you idiot. You are not a failure, don't kid yourself, you're to average to be a failure... Grumbling, her tugged at the scarf around his neck and adjusted the peacoat before striding in the room. He looked up and nodded at Robert and Jen, saying, "I apologize for my lateness." He moved to make himself some coffee.
Henri Finch
Fourth Year Gryffindor
Fourth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 241

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:51 pm

"No problem, Skeeter," Robert smiled. "I'm glad you could make it. Take your coat off and be comfortable. You might as well enjoy it now, because we're going to see if we can put some of our skills to use and see if we all still remember the business end of a wand. Besides that, it gives you a chance to meet your new supervisor, Jenifer Dent. She's the new Head of law Enforcement, and she is a heck of a fighter. I think her energy is something that our squad can benefit from. So, take a few moments and get yourself ready. This will definitely not be a sitting down sort of meeting today."

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Joshua Cethin Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:05 am

"HA!" Daniel was a bit offended by Jen's remark. However, instead of showing that, he showed that he took it in almost good humor. "Wemby? WEMBY? HAHAHAH....I would've settled for pretty boy, myself". His fake laugh and his witty comeback seemed almost strained....weary. The dark circle underneath his eyes made him look even worse to the eyes of many. But not worse in an ugly way, just worse in the tired way. He was never ugly. Well, not on the outside, but he was on the inside. When he was Joshua. When he was Daniel, he was beautiful in and out, a simple contrast. It was like an internal Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde-type struggle, minus the outward effects. The monstrosity dare not rear its ugly head upon Daniel's slender, short body, so graceful like a youthful cygnine avian. Those puppy-dog eyes and that messy black hair made him look very boyish, angelically youthful.

He knew he was pretty, that was fact to him, but he let it go to his head way too often.
Daniel Joshua Cethin
Daniel Joshua Cethin

Number of posts : 413

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Black Heart Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:56 pm

Jack watched jen and shok his head still holding his cup her remarkes just washing off him he ahd heard too many for them to bother him in any way. he knew coffee would not be avalinble out in the feild but he ran on his instincts and adrenalin if she wanted to gve him a nick name so be it he smirkled remebring michaels for her 'tinkerbell ' it right now seem to fit as she seem to want to ring every ones bell including his own.

He moved to face her "and morning to you to." he said raising his coffee to both her and Robert as he smiled and took a sip smiling as he then moved to sit down a smirk plastered on his face.
Jack Black Heart
Jack Black Heart
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 2116

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:02 pm

Steven ,looked up as Jen spoke he sighed and shook his head he was some what geting use to the use of nick names as Michael had used the same one not so long ago "howdy jen" he said in his thickest accentuated accent and grinned as he looked back at robert shaking his head slowly from side to side as he smiled showing he too was not bothered he watched Jack walk up to her with hjis coffee and could not help smirk at his actions towaqrds her oviosly not peterbed buy her nickname for him ether.
"maybe Robert your rubbing off on us" he thought and sat back quietly as he waited for his orders.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 3077
Special Abilities : Legllimancy, Speaking to Animals

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:00 am

Blaire quietly walked down the hallways of the Ministry. He had come down with a very serious illness and had been bed ridden for a month or so now. He hadn't even thought about going to St. Mungos, the illness caused delerium. He had hired someone to look after him however before anything started getting rather bad. Of course he had to obliviate them afterwards. When he was sick bursts of magical energy generated from him. He hated being sick, he had lost a family heirloom when he had tonsillitis. But oh well, he was still sniffly but he was alright to be back at work; at least he thought.

He entered the room where the training was to be taking place. "I thought this was an Auror training session, not early morning coffee." he said chuckling walking up to Robert. "I pray you received my owl about my...er...illness?" he asked him quietly. He had only told Robert what he had, and had specifically asked him not to tell Khaat. He had of course lied about being taken care of, when the lady that had been watching him was simply keeping his house under control. Blaire was strong enough to keep himself under control.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:06 pm

"Hello, Skeeter," Robert said. "Make yourself comfortable. We're going to start some dueling practice in a few minutes. You're right on time. There's some coffee if you want some. Just don't get too comfortable. I intend on putting you all through your paces today."

He went over to Blaire. Blaire looked like hell, but Robert was glad he was here. "Good to see you, Blaire. I got your message. You really should have either come in or sent for me, you do know that, right? And, no, I havent' said a word to Khaat, but she'll be glad to see you. She's..been through a tough time of her own. Remind me to tell you. You'll find she's a bit different right now. I think that' will be temporary. She had a bit of close call while you were gone. That's a good long story best told over a pint or a cup of tea, I think. But, no, she knows nothing. Nothing except that she's missed you."

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:39 pm

Blaire shrugged, "I'm an independant man...kind of." he said also grinning largely. Blaire would kill for a cup of tea right now actually. Hell he'd kill for a decent meal; it had been frozen dinners for the past month. His train of thought crashed into the station when Robert mentioned an ordeal involving Khaat. His grin turned into a straight face. Blaire nodded and returned to normal when he was aware that Khaat was safe. "Right, explain to me after the meeting or training whatever it is, then." he told him. He took a seat at the table and pulled out his wand. He had never wanted to actually BE an auror but Khaat had told him, Robert had told him, even the Lestrange fellow told him to. He was Minister at the time and he liked the boy, so he had agreed. Now there really wasn't anything stopping him from bolting to the door except his respect for Robert; and he enjoyed living his life a free man.

But then again, if you were an Auror then you weren't really free. Death Eaters, if they're even still around, label you for life. They label you as an enemy and do whatever they can to put you in the ground. And he meant with a huge slate of concrete and flowers above you 'ground'. He pulled out his wand from his pocket and slid it up his sleeve. Something he had adopted from a previous Auror...he couldn't remember the man's name. However he had brought a criminal in to Azkaban with him once. And now the criminal was apparently an Auror. The justice system was seriously messed up these days. Nobody seems to stay in Azkaban for more than a week if they murdered someone.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top