Auror Training 101
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Auror Training 101 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Auror Training 101

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Auror Training 101 Empty Auror Training 101

Post by Robert Lupin Sun Oct 31, 2010 2:41 pm

Robert arrived first and prepared a large room for training. He set this one up as an enourmous study. He magically enlarged the room and provided a lot of objects to use either as defenses or weapons. It was unlikely that an auror would not find things around him to use as a tool if necessary. However, he would insure that lesson came later. He wanted the aurors prepared. And they need need, badly, to sharpen their dueling skills.

He was dressed and ready to duel, himself, never missing an opportunity to hone his skills. He had chosen black slacks and a black turtleneck. Clothes he felt gave him an ease in movement. He had seen Brian Quinn just a short bit ago and knew he was coming. He counted on Jen Dent. The others, well, he wasn't so sure who would show and who would not. This would tell the tale of who he would keep as an auror and who he would not.

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 3100
Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Auror Training 101 Empty Re: Auror Training 101

Post by Brian Quinn Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:30 pm

Brian was always willing to fight, whether it was dueling or bar room brawling. He trained hard and he played just as hard. He loved to exercise and train hard too. And his favorite sparring opponent, so far, was Robert--his best friend. He didn't know if Jen was worth her salt as a sparring partner, but he was intrigued and anxious to find out.

"Hey, Robert," Brian greeted him, entering. He looked at the room with a bit of suspicion. "You do realize we''ll destroy all this, right? Nothing here is an agency artifact?"

"Um...no," Robert said. "This room was an empty office next to the one Jen will have. There wasn't anything in it. Wands are wonderful things. Feel free to destroy at will."

"Good. Including you?"

Robert stopped and looked at him frowning, "In your dreams, young one. In your dreams. So the verbal sparring begins already. How's Khaat?"

"Better. She and the girls went to see Kate today. I wanted her to get out of the house. I dropped them off just before I came."

"Oh, yes. I do remember that. So, are you ready?" He said, taking a stance. He wanted to warm up a bit with Brian.

"I'm always ready, Old Man," Brian said, smiling.

"Watch your mouth, Junior. I'll be happy to shut it for you." Robert drew his wand into position.

"Bring it on, if you can," Brian laughed, drawing his wand.

"As you wish, "Robert said, bowing.

Brian returned the bow and waited.
Brian Quinn
Brian Quinn
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 636
Special Abilities : Healer, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Hugo Weasley Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:54 pm

Paperwork was probably the reason why this woman was a mercenary and not someone on the right side of the law. But now, by some stroke of luck, she was the Head of Law and Enforcement at the Ministry. It was feat that she’d not intended on reaching for obvious reasons. Clearly there was something on that pardon that she didn’t read. She didn’t remember ever signing up for this gig but here she was with her own office and her own chain of command. How divine.

Today, however, the Aurors needed to be trained or something. She didn’t care so much about them unless they showed potential otherwise she’d take the head and do things herself. If they were useless then they could stay home. But as she entered the room they were gathered in she was sorely disappointed. The Minister and the love struck idiot. Fabulous. Jen abruptly threw her folder onto a table top and took her coat off. “Can I not have a bloody secretary?” She asked, “Or someone to do my paper work? Did the last Head die or something because whoever they are they left a hell of a lot of paperwork.”
Hugo Weasley
Hugo Weasley
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 401
Special Abilities : Occlumency, Leglimency, Memory Manipulation, Non-Verbal Magic, Wandless Magic

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:16 pm

"Hm," Robert sighed dryly. "I obviously don't like paperwork anymore than you do. Oh, whatever, Yes, you can have a secretary. And in the meantime, pass whatever I left up to my secretary. We'll get it done." Robert caught what he thought was a slight glance of boredom on Brian's face. He could almost hear his thoughts, but Robert said nothing.

"Come on, Quinn. Mind on the game, or I'll set you on your arse," Robert said, drawing back Brian's attention. "You're welcome to join if you like, Jen, if you want to warm up a bit." He took aim at Brian, "Expelliarmus!"

"Protego!" Brian shielded himself. "Oh, come on. You can do better than that," he said avoiding Robert's disarming spell. "Everte Statum!" Robert felt Brian's spell bounce off his shield. "You already had your shield up!" Brian charged.

"Of course I did," Robert remarked, using his wand to hurl a book in Brian's direction.

Expelliarmus: disarming spell
Protego: shield
Everte Statum: spell to throw opponent backwards

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 3100
Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Joshua Cethin Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:03 pm

Daniel arrived at the Auror training. He sneaked in quietly, something he wanted to do for the longest time now. He wasn't all that noticeable which was an advantage to being as small framed as he was. Though, he didn't have much subtlety, but that was very much remediable by a Muffilato and a cloaking spell. He knew both these things very well, as his mischievous years at Hogwarts were the times he learned most things that he retained through the ages. The 19 years of his life, 20 next July. Frank was only a year and some older, but he wasn't anything special like Daniel himself. Not that he knew anyway. Not that anyone knew. Daniel knew him best, anyway, or so he thought.

Daniel was a pathetic, little looking man. However, beneath his small exterior laid the heart of a lion. Inside, he was no small man. No small man to be pushed about. Nothing to be poked and prodded into submission. He was a man deep down. His overall feminine appearance was a masquerade. Softly, he made his way into the office and observed the people inside as quietly as possible.
Daniel Joshua Cethin
Daniel Joshua Cethin

Number of posts : 413

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Quinn Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:34 pm

"Nice!" Brian sighed, batting the book out of the way with his arm. "Throwing things now, are we? Incarcerous!" He knew this wouldn't work either, but he would try. The ropes began to spin their way around Robert who pointed his wand at them.

"Finite!" he shouted. "Hello, Daniel. Glad you could make it. You're welcome to join in, if you like. We're just warming up. "Aquamenti!"

Brian found himself being splashed with water. He groaned, a bit frustrated, and shouted, "Finite! Okay, let's take enough of a break that I can dry off."

Brian cast a spell to try his clothes off, and Robert poured him a cup of hot coffee. "Here. This will help."

"Thanks, Robert. Good to see you, Daniel. So, are you looking forward to a bit of dueling practice?"
Brian Quinn
Brian Quinn
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Black Heart Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:54 pm

jack smiled as he entered the room he had been ordered too after making jess go shoping for new c,lothes for the twins they were growing fast and he new they would out grow the baby things fast.

"hey Brian, Robert , Jen and Daniel " he said walking in ducking as a spray of water almost caught him he chuckled as she saw the soaked Brian folding his arms across his chest as he stood watching them for a moment he wanted to join in but soon they broke for coffee and he too walked over poring a cup.

"best thing man made , coffee" he said smiling as he then took a sip of his black coffee in the cup he now held.
Jack Black Heart
Jack Black Heart
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 2116

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Quinn Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:06 pm

"Good to see you here, Jack," Brian said, "We were just warming up, that's all. You know how we get when we decide to play around. Somehow I''m usually on the losing end of things when he and I spar. Have you heard from Steven? Is he coming? I'd rather do this than to go shopping with Khaat. She heard of a new designer dress shop and I think she and Kate were going to take the girls and go check it out. Makes my checkbook ache to think about it," he laughed. "And, yes, she did make me conjure for her the designer closet she wanted. I don't mind doing it, but she wants to fill it up."

Brian Quinn
Brian Quinn
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:11 pm

Steven smelt fresh coffee as he walked in he glanced at all in the room nod then crossed to stand in a corner watching he side stepped Roberts spell and saw the young Auror watching also and nodded to him when he was working he fucused on everything he watched Roberts moves and Brians counter moves and understood just how much he had lost he knew he had a lot to work out if he was going to be at his peak again.

Last edited by Steven Walker on Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 3077
Special Abilities : Legllimancy, Speaking to Animals

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Joshua Cethin Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:16 pm

"What shall I do first to get acclimated to battle?" Daniel said. His hiding wasn't a success, not that he wanted it to be anyway. Hiding was so...horrid. So, bad for you to do. He was supposed to be here anyway, why was he hiding? Trying to give the others a scare? Seasoned Aurors? Why would he even try? He was insane to anyway. They could have easily mistaken him as unwelcome and murdered him by mistake. However, that wouldn't look good on their track record, but he wasn't thinking of that. He didn't think of that ever.

He gripped his firm wand, swishing it around as sparks came from the tip. He seemed to prod and poke the air around him. It was no surprise he seemed so immature. He was still a kid in the eyes of many, so innocent and so beautiful. Unspoiled by the corruptive society. Seemingly innocent with most other things too, but he wasn't. He wasn't always innocent. This came as a shock to those who only saw his outside. For one to delve on the inside was for one to find a conflict. A constant battle. He seemed to smile at the others in his most charming way.
Daniel Joshua Cethin
Daniel Joshua Cethin

Number of posts : 413

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top