A Shadow in the Shadows - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Shadow in the Shadows - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Shadow in the Shadows

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Shadow in the Shadows - Page 2 Empty Re: A Shadow in the Shadows

Post by Naomi Barker-Greyback Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:35 am

Naomi watched Samantha answer and begin to type away at a cell phone, which made her stare at it with curiosity... Cell phones and other electronic devices went haywire at Hogwarts... This was the second time she had seen someone with an electronic immune to those effects, and it was starting to frustrate her. However, she simply said, "Of course," and turned her head in respect.

She then wondered how Samantha's father was a grandfather. She quickly decided Samantha must have an older sibling, and then decided not to think of it. She did not care, remember? Samantha asked about the professors and Naomi shrugged. "Fine, I guess. Professors aren't the most lovable people, but I have found no room for complaint. Why do you ask?"
Naomi Barker-Greyback
Naomi Barker-Greyback

Number of posts : 392

Back to top Go down

Post by Samantha Burns Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:42 am

It figures of course the professors would play favorites, but this was not the place nor the time to be getting angry about it. So Sammy kept her calm then continued on. "So have you heard...Ne'Os Emof is back. It's going to get the ministry in a stir again. But I dought that they know. Alot of people don't know." Samantha said wondering how far Ne'Os's come back had spread. If it hadn't spread far then Sammy would make sure that as many people as possible knew. They deserved to aleast be ready for anything that he was planing.
Samantha Burns
Samantha Burns
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Number of posts : 3982

Back to top Go down

Post by Naomi Barker-Greyback Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:36 am

Naomi saw some sort of flicker in Samantha's eyes and knew the story must have been different from her perspective. She knew some people were treated worse than she, but that was because she knew how to maneuver herself around what they wanted. She did not let herself nor her opinions become controversial in any sense. She internally tsk-ed. If only her peers would learn.

Samantha asked if Naomi had heard of the return of Ne'Os Emof. Naomi's eyebrows flew up into her hair. Why had she not heard of this? Her family had Death Eater ties and she would most likely become one as well, not that she cared too strongly in one way. She smirked, but to the naked eye, it looked like a contemplative frown, as though she really did not have much of an opinion. "Really? That's sure to cause some problems."
Naomi Barker-Greyback
Naomi Barker-Greyback

Back to top Go down

Post by Samantha Burns Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:45 am

Sammy was surprised by the girls surprise at the news of Ne'Os's return. So Ne'Os has been careful of keeping out of sight. "Yeah VERY little people know about his return. See he was...well is my ex-husband. He contacted me and tryed to get me to tell him things to help him. So I thought it best to let people know that he was back and let them be cautious when by themselves." Sammy said suddenly wondering why she was acting like this. Maybe she was trying to prove something, but to who the girl or to herself? Either way Sammy needed to back off and calm down, maybe change the subject.
Samantha Burns
Samantha Burns
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Naomi Barker-Greyback Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:52 am

Naomi seemed to have made a mistake in thinking this girl was someone she could appropriately invest an effort into talking too. Naomi ran her life by thinking of benefits. That also meant assessing the risks. Naomi only associated herself with a select group, all who had to be associate with at least one in a few things: normality, popularity, Death Eaters, and vanity. She did not know if the girl was popular nor did it complement Naomi to be around her; that was what boys were for. She was hoping for the first or the third. She obviously was not a Death Eater...

And she had been married to Ne'Os.

Oh. You see... that was what Naomi called, not normal. No, that was a strange, complex oddity that she would not be able to get passed. She closed her eyes momentarily and then re-opened them. She forced out the polite words. "Your husband... At a young age... How charming."
Naomi Barker-Greyback
Naomi Barker-Greyback

Back to top Go down

Post by Samantha Burns Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:04 am

Sammy could see the almost immediate reaction to the news about her being married. Sammy could tell that she had upset the girl. With the girl being a slytherin, most likely she was just like the rest of them, she could only hang out with certain people. People that where nothing like Sammy. So most likely Sammy would be making an enemy here today. But that didn't bother Sammy, Ne'Os was the worst enemy she could have. One more wouldn't bother her. "Yeah, He was my husband, he helped me have 2 kids after I had already hand one with another guy. Plus the guy that I was with before him helped me to become a vampire. Most of the DE's know me by knowing him, so yeah my life is odd." Sammy said smiling at the girls reaction to her oddness. Sammy liked this kind of attention. Luckily her evil side was in a coma.
Samantha Burns
Samantha Burns
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Naomi Barker-Greyback Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:13 am

If Naomi had been one for the outward expression of pride, she would have said something stupid like Funny, but I've never heard of you and I'm a screwed-up Death Eater spawn. But Naomi believed that pride and dignity was not what you let others know about you... It was the things so important that you did not let others even guess that made one amazing.

She nodded. So she had two kids, two fathers to each, one ex-husband, and became a vampire to please them. It sounded like a really bad witch soap opera. Naomi nodded and she took a step back, though this was all that indicated her irritation or discomfort or whatever it was she was feeling. This girl did not scare her, but she made Naomi feel awkward. With just the tiniest, untraceable hints of sarcasm, she said, "Hmm, fun stuff."
Naomi Barker-Greyback
Naomi Barker-Greyback

Back to top Go down

Post by Samantha Burns Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:22 am

Sammy could tell that the girl was very uncomfortable with being around her now. But Sammy didn't care. All she wanted was to get back up to the Hufflepuff common room and cuddle with Keegan. If she did stay here then she would probably start a fight and get into trouble or something. "I'm sorry I can see that I have upset you. I will just go now and you will never have to deal with an unpopular, odd, non-slytherin like me again." Sammy said knowing that this would at least get the girl to understand how upset this made her. Sammy then turned around and started walking away.
Samantha Burns
Samantha Burns
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum