A Shadow in the Shadows
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Shadow in the Shadows Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Shadow in the Shadows

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Shadow in the Shadows Empty A Shadow in the Shadows

Post by Naomi Barker-Greyback Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:50 am

Naomi usually did not like going out onto the grounds because she was pale and did not like tanning. She did not like looking orange nor red, thank you. Fortunately, the day was overcast and patches of sun shone across the grass, but she was otherwise clear of sunshine. If she did not take advantage of the dry, dark weather she never would get outside.

She stopped at a small tree and paused next to it, cast into its small shadow as she reached up to scrunch part of her hair. She closed her eyes for a moment and smelled the rain on the breeze...
Naomi Barker-Greyback
Naomi Barker-Greyback

Number of posts : 392

Back to top Go down

A Shadow in the Shadows Empty Re: A Shadow in the Shadows

Post by Samantha Burns Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:56 am

Sammy had been having a horrible couple of weeks, what with Keegan not being around much, Ne'Os returning, Sophia not being at school anymore, and the Professors being horrible to the kids. Sammy was very stressed out, and getting some rain would make her feel better. She loved the way it felt on her skin. Sammy walked out the entrance of the castle and onto the grounds. She had been walking for a little bit when she saw a girl standing in the shadow of a tree. Most of the time she would just walk on and let the girl be, but this one looked like she needed someone to talk to just as much as Sammy did. So Sammy walked over to the girl. "Hello? Are you ok?" Sammy asked her, stepping into the shadow to hide her pale vampire skin.
Samantha Burns
Samantha Burns
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Number of posts : 3982

Back to top Go down

Post by Naomi Barker-Greyback Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:00 am

A voice drifted int Naomi's ears as though from far away, and though she heard it, it was as if it took awhile for her to actually hear it, as though her brain did not want to register it. But the second the voice's meaning was clear her eyes flicked open, revealed her stormy blue-grey eyes, surrounded by black eyeliner and mascara.

"O- oh." She blinked at the girl and licked her lips before giving a faint smile; while it looked like a smile, it really was not. "Yeah I'm fine. Thank you. Just enjoying the weather."
Naomi Barker-Greyback
Naomi Barker-Greyback

Back to top Go down

Post by Samantha Burns Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:09 am

Sammy could tell that the girl was listening but not listening at the same time. When the girl finally said something Sammy could heard the trying to be ok in her voice. Sammy must have sounded like that alot lately, but never really listened to herself when she did. "Oh, well I was just walking by and it looked like you needed someone to talk to. I guess you don't so I will just be on my way now. But if you do want to talk sometime, my name is Samantha Burns, 5th year Hufflepuff. Most people know me, so just ask and you can find me. I'm willing to listen to anyone who needs someone to listen to." Sammy said turning around and starting to walk away, but slowly just incase the girl really did want to talk.
Samantha Burns
Samantha Burns
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Naomi Barker-Greyback Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:27 am

Naomi stared at the back of the girl's head as she began to walk away, wondering what she meant by Naomi looking like she needed someone to talk to. Naomi paled; she did not need to look like some tragic little person. She preferred remaining confident and perfectly normal. She had no reason to feel as though she was not okay, except for the fact that she felt like an empty shell, but what was new?

But she could not have this girl identifying her as some sort of sad soul, whispering to her friends as she passed Oh, there is something wrong that girl. I ran into her once acting strange. Poor thing. She did not need people inquiring about parts of her life they had no business knowing. May as well get rid of the threat. "Wait. I wouldn't mind having someone to keep me company," she offered. She walked over to the girl and stopped. She held out a hand and offered a smile a rarity, but something she needed to distract the girl. "I'm Naomi. Seventh year Slytherin."
Naomi Barker-Greyback
Naomi Barker-Greyback

Back to top Go down

Post by Samantha Burns Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:36 am

Sammy knew that her words and actions would lull the girl into wanting to talk to her. But she could tell before she even spoke to her. So Sammy turned and looked at her, then waited for the hellos. "It's nice to meet you to. My name is Samantha Burns, I'm a 5th year Hufflepuff. I'm sorry if I ofended you or anything. I didn't mean to." Samantha said going for the nice side of herself instead of just heading into the conversation. Sammy would let the girl choose what to talk about or ask of her. Sammy didn't mind either way. She just liked the fact that she was talking to someone new.
Samantha Burns
Samantha Burns
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Naomi Barker-Greyback Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:45 am

The girl repeated her information and then apologized for well nothing. But Naomi felt herself stepping onto familiar ground. Formalities, pleasantries, in other words, bullsh!t, but she knew this, she understood this language better than the rest. It was like an organized dance, one member did one thing and the other just continued with the expected response. Much better than going into a freestyle... Naomi knew things got much too intimate then, and she did not do intimacy.

In a dignified voice, she responded, "No, no, I was not offended in the least. I was merely caught off guard and a little taken aback. I thought I was the only one strolling the grounds. What, may I ask, brings you outside today?"
Naomi Barker-Greyback
Naomi Barker-Greyback

Back to top Go down

Post by Samantha Burns Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:56 am

Samantha could tell that the girl had been thru this many times before. The tone in her voice made all the difference. All though to a normal person they might not have been able to tell but Sammy's vampire sinces made all the difference in situations like this. "Well I have been very stressed out this week with many things that I'm sure you don't care about, but I needed to unwind and I was hoping for some rain. It calms me down and I like the way it feels. But as I was out walking I saw you and thought that you standing next to this tree and thought that I should say hello." Samantha told the girl trying to leave out the horrible past part out. But she knew that it would stay out of the conversation for long. But she kept her smiled anyways.
Samantha Burns
Samantha Burns
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Naomi Barker-Greyback Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:24 am

Naomi nodded. Ah, how she missed simple, strategic conversation with a stranger that delved little to nothing with matters of importance- at least on her end. She held no obligations nor expectations towards this girl, besides the social demands of the conversation, which Naomi was perfectly capable of handling any time.

"Oh, I am sorry to hear you have had a bad week. I do hope things begin to brighten for you." She wondered what had caused the girl turmoil, but passed it off. Naomi did not involve herself in other's affairs. "I too was hoping for some rain. I do not like the sun. I was just out to enjoy the cool air. It is very welcome after the heat."
Naomi Barker-Greyback
Naomi Barker-Greyback

Back to top Go down

Post by Samantha Burns Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:40 am

Samantha was getting tired of this girl acting like she was just talking to her to make her feel better and go away. But Sammy would have to be ok with it, it's not like she had anyone else to talk to right now. Sammy was just about to reply to the girl when her cell phone went off. It was her father asking about the kids again. "Excuss me for a second I need to answer a question from my father really quick. He's still new at being a grandfather." Sammy said looking down at her phone and typing in vampire speed. She loved her spiced up abilities. Not only could she get things done a little faster but she could figure things out faster too. Once done she looked back up at the girl, thinking of what to say next. "So....I'm curious, How have your teachers been treating you?" Sammy asked her wanting to know if the professors have been treating everyone bad or just the non-slytherins.
Samantha Burns
Samantha Burns
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top