Let's Call It Family Bonding... - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Let's Call It Family Bonding... - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Let's Call It Family Bonding...

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Let's Call It Family Bonding... - Page 2 Empty Re: Let's Call It Family Bonding...

Post by Elijah Krum Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:20 pm

Medicine was so temperamental. It had been the early 00’s when Elijah had been born. They’d known that it was a bad idea to smoke and drink while pregnant but Marina had done both through her pregnancy with him and with Cecilia. He’d turned out alright. Well not really but well enough. He had his vices; Cecilia was into the whole starvation thing. Overall the two were complete failures but that wasn’t down to their mother’s habits, he was sure. It was their own choices. Her disinterest in them probably made all of the difference yet none at the same time. Had she taken notice of them then perhaps they wouldn’t have turned out the way they had. Then again, maybe not.

Elijah turned and leaned down in front of the amp that David had been tinkering with. He turned the dials a few times and plucked at the strings of the guitar. When it made the appropriate sound Elijah rose up to his full height. He began to distractedly play a non-descript melody and his eyes fell to Fauve and Thierry who were playing some sort of board game with Pierre. He walked over to the middle of the stage and his eyes flicked to David who was now fixing one half of the two tier keyboards.

“What’s wrong with it?” Elijah asked, pulling the music into a more clipped, rock-styled melody. He began to hum along with it and David looked up from underneath the keyboard, smirking a little. He shook his head, his dark hair licking the side of his face, and disappeared back underneath the keyboard. He muttered something in response and Elijah smirked. “Ass,” he shot at David whose hand came out from underneath the keyboard long enough to swear at Elijah. Elijah chuckled and shook his head, turning away from David as he did so.

The shock was evident on Elijah’s face after Michael had finished speaking. Elijah opened his mouth to speak but was cut off by the poorly hidden bout of giggles that was coming from Rob. Elijah felt his cheeks flush and he took his cigarette from his mouth. He’d managed to balance it between his tongue and his front teeth. It was quite sad really, it showed how much he really did smoke. Elijah’s eyebrows shot to his hairline. He swallowed and leaned down to pick his glass of Firewhisky up. He drank some of it and placed it on the amp. “What do you want to hear?” He asked.
Elijah Krum
Elijah Krum
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 4833
Special Abilities : Occlumens, Parseltongue, Animagus
Occupation : Owner of Eli's Fine Dining, Artist, Deputy Minister of Magic

Back to top Go down

Let's Call It Family Bonding... - Page 2 Empty Re: Let's Call It Family Bonding...

Post by Michael Tremaine Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:44 pm

"Come on, Khaat," Michael said, taking her hand and leading her to the dancefloor. He looked back at Eli. "Something by which to slow dance with a lady," he told him. He took her in his arms and started to dance without music. "Celine is a little slow on the uptake, but he'll catch up. He's a bright boy," Michael said to Khaat quietly.

Khaat felt secure with Michael, and he felt her relax as she curled into him and laid her head on his chest as he led her into dancing to slow, non-existant music. "Well, what shall we do, my dear? Shall I hex him for you?"Michael sighed, talking to her softly. She nodded. He laughed softly, and flicked his wand to make the arrogant young server reek like a dead fish. He was sure Tink would not be amused. Pan would. Tink, however, probably would not. The young server let out a shriek, staring down at himself and his clothing as if Michael had disapparated every stitch the young man had on. Michael actually hadn't thought of that. It sounded like fun now, but a bit over the top. Michael and Khaat laughed. The young server started to march in rage towards Michael, who never lost a dance step. He merely leveled the wand at the young man's chest and kept dancing.

"I wouldn't, if I were you," Michael said calmly. "Or you'll end up a dead fish. You won't just smell like one. Pan! I presume you can muster up the antidote potion for last week's catch here, if you decide to. Personally, I rather like him this way." He knew Robert could muster it up as well, but knew that Robert would most likely not be in the mood to do so. Not unless he started to feel particularly benevolent for some reason. He glanced at Robert who was now sitting, with Kate, at Michael's table and was helping himself to a glass of Michael's bottle of firewhiskey. Robert simply watched, with absolutely no intention of interfering whatsoever. He sat back with his glass and decided to just watch the show play out. Michael had it under control.

Michael Tremaine
Michael Tremaine
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 646
Special Abilities : Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Chastity Moor Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:19 pm

Chase glanced over at the stage when MIchael and Khaat started to dance, and couldn't help but laugh when Michael called him Celine, as in Dion. She started to laugh happily and her hand rested on her stomach glancing down at it. It felt odd because there had never been that weight there before when she laughed, but she felt like she must weigh a ton, and look even bigger from the way it moved when she laughed. She got some water from a waiter and watched with interest as another stormed by, reeking of dead fish. She covered her nose and looked away at Jen.

"You know, I think it might be a somewhat bad idea to get this family together at a place with normal people in it." She said laughing as she sipped the water. "Michael is hexing the waiters, Elijah is playing his guitar." She laughed lightly and looked at Elijah, her entire body freezing as she watched him from afar. He was so beautiful, up on the stage, guitar in hand. His cigarette balanced delicately between shining teeth. His hair wavy and full as he watched Michael and flushed red when Rob laughed at him. Even when he blushed he was beautiful.

Chase felt a little flushed herself and excused herself from Jen's company to go sit down so she could watch carefully. She didn't want to push herself anymore then necessary, and she was just happy that everyone could spend the day together like this. After putting it back together in such a way that made it sparkle, she grinned and glanced around at their hard work. Her eyes went back to Elijah however and she sat there, her cup held limply in her lap, as she watched the way his body moved, the way he talked, and expressed his self, even while drinking Firewhiskey.

She had to admit, she was the luckiest girl on earth.
Chastity Moor
Chastity Moor

Number of posts : 2008

Back to top Go down

Post by Elijah Krum Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:53 pm

Wizard’s didn’t like to be compared to Muggles generally, especially Purebloods. Being compared to a Muggle singer, however, was a different kettle of fish all together. It was like a half compliment but Elijah had a feeling Michael wasn’t complimenting his voice but in fact where he was starting out as a musician. Elijah had no intention of making a name for himself that way. He didn’t want to make half a million people sob hysterically while watching a doomed couple fall in love on screen. He’d never quite forgive Cassidy for making him watch it with her during a wet weekend when inspiration was low and the models stayed in. He’d never actually had to console Cassidy before; she was usually the one apologizing after inflicting bodily harm on him and making him squirm. That had been an odd weekend filled with tears and too much French pastry.

Elijah wracked his grey matter for a song but he couldn’t think of one really. He took his guitar off and set it down. He walked to the back of the stage and lifted an acoustic guitar off of its stand. The electric had a rougher sound. The acoustic was more melodic and beautiful. Elijah put the strap over his shoulder walked back out onto the stage. He stood absently in front of the microphone and bit his lip before looking down at the guitar. His hands found their places and his fingers began to produce the song that was, in his mind, perfect for the setting. It wasn’t Celine Dion but it was good enough in his opinion. He heard the unmistakable sound of a keyboard and he turned to find David playing, his fingers skimming across the keys of the lower piano as he worked on it.

Swallowing, Elijah brought his head up and continued to play, feeling more confident. Then, the lyrics left his mouth. They spilled past his lips like Firewhisky leaving the neck of the bottle it was enclosed in. Elijah’s eyes closed and he continued to sing, the feeling and passion evident in his voice.

Jen swirled her Firewhisky and smiled a little, watching Elijah play. She put the glass down on the tray one of the waiter’s was carrying and she glanced at him, frowning a little at the shock of bright pink that darted through his fringe. She lifted her hand and fingered the hair before abruptly plucking a lock from his scalp. She held it in front of her and stared at it for a few moments before handing it back to him. “Go and see Paula.” She ordered, striding over to the couch that Rob had thrown himself back over. She sat herself down on the couch opposite his and threw her legs over Pierre’s lap. Fauve jumped up onto the couch and sat in Jen’s lap. Thierry was content to sit next to Pierre, feeling at ease with the man. “He’s quite good isn’t he, your dad?” Jen asked Fauve, gently squeezing the little girl.
Elijah Krum
Elijah Krum
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Tremaine Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:33 pm

"Much better," Michael smiled, satisfied with Celine's music selection. "Oh, and by the way, Jen got rid of Fishbait for awhile. You're safe. Well, at least from the dead fish smell. Or the Turkish cologne smell either. Poor boy didn't know he should not have worn that cologne tonight. Tough luck for him really."

Khaat was glad Jen hadn't tried to strike out at Michael for hexing one of her servers. Well, it might not have gone well for her if she had. And at any rate, she didn't really see that it was exactly Jen's style to get overprotective of her staff.

"Khaat," Michael said very softly in her ear so that no one could hear her but him. "You do know, don't you, that in order for you to put this all behind you, you do need to look at what happened enough to tell your story to someone. Anyone. That's the only way you're going to get your voice back. You get that, right?" She paused, not immediately responding. He had to talk to her and coax her into finally nodding and admitting he was right. She pulled away from him as Eli's son faded. She picked up her drink again and went back to Rob. She shoved him back down onto the sofa and made herself back at home on his lap, curling into his shoulder. She didn't feel like talking about anything, and Rob wouldn't ask her to.
Michael Tremaine
Michael Tremaine
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 646
Special Abilities : Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Chastity Moor Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:41 pm

Chase listened to Eli singing and watched Khaat and Michael on the dance floor. Chase felt her whole being sadden when she watched them walk away from the dance floor. Khaat must have been through a lot. The boy who now smelt of dead fish had caused her to set off. Something horrible had happened to her, and she couldn't speak. Chase stared at Elijah for a moment longer before looking down at her lap sadly. She wished she could DO something, but there wasn't much a pregnant woman could do except grow a baby. She sighed and leaned against the counter. She turned to look at the bartender there.

"Got anything... stronger?" She asked smiling at him and flicking her hair over her shoulder, unconsciously flirting. She got into a small conversation with him as he brought her something that wouldn't hurt the baby, but would make her feel that was at least able to have alcohol. She laughed lightly and leaned her head on her hands on the counter, laughing at some joke the man was telling. She didn't mean to be flirting at all, but she was bored, and Elijah was up on the stage, what else was there to do?
Chastity Moor
Chastity Moor

Back to top Go down

Post by Elijah Krum Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:29 pm

The song was melodic, beautiful. But it didn’t matter. As much as Elijah wanted to keep singing, he couldn’t. The song had to end and when it did he was mournful of that. But there was promise of another song. He looked up and cast his eyes across the filling club. They weren’t just a family it was beginning to populate with people. Elijah caught a flash of blonde hair in the corner of his eye and he turned his head to see a familiar face sat at the table near the front of the stage. The two exchanged smiles and Elijah nodded to the few people clapping before taking the guitar off of his shoulder and placing it on the stand.

Music began to play, inviting people onto the dance floor, so Elijah jumped off of the stage and walked over to the table. He took in the sight before him. Elisabeth had not changed. She’d gotten bigger in more ways than not and the scowl on her face made him realise that he was looking at his cousin as if she was a piece of raw meat. Actually, now he thought about it, the look on her face was telling him to stop whatever he was doing. Elijah had a feeling he’d been undressing her with his eyes, something she never appreciated whether he was drunk or sober.

Elisabeth got out of her chair and wrapped her arms around Elijah’s neck. His arms encircled her waist and he inhaled the smell of her hair. She batted him away and pulled back. Elijah raised an eyebrow at her and she pursed her lips. Elisabeth trailed a nail down the side of Elijah’s face and he raised an eyebrow at her. She smiled secretively and took her hand away before patting his cheek teasingly.
“How’ve you been?” She asked over the sound of the music. “I saw your son over there...he’d gorgeous. Where do you find these kids?”
“You know where, Lis!” Elijah laughed. “I’ve been the same as I’ve always been. How’s Harry?”
“Oh that’s charming! Of all people... you ask about Harry?” Elisabeth sniffed in irritation. Elijah rubbed his hands up and down her arms, coaxing a smile out of her. “He’s fine.” She said after a moment.
“How’ve you been, kid?”
“I’m not a kid!” Elisabeth protested.
“You’ll always be a kid in my eyes. Although...much prettier. Any boyfriends I should know about?”
“Isn’t that the job of my brother’s?”
“Euan and Finn would just tease you, Adam is too far up his own arse to care and Harry would just smile knowingly – who else is there to care?”
“Touché, cousin!” She giggled. “But there’s no one. There’s always been no one. I’m far too mature for those ingrates.”
“Of course you are.” Elijah assured her with a smirk. “How ‘bout I buy you a drink?”
“I was waiting for that.”

Elijah smirked at his cousin and led her off to the bar. She could read him like a book, just like her brother. She was more brazen though. She was stubborn and hard-headed...didn’t take no for an answer and was far from agreeable in a bad mood. She drove Elijah mad sometimes but it was usually the other way around. The first time and last time he’d ever serenaded someone while drunk was to Elisabeth. He couldn’t feel his balls for a week after that and the twins would never let him live it down.

“What do you want, Lis?” Elijah asked, fishing his wallet out of his pocket.
“Hmm...well what’s way out of your price range?” She asked.
“Nothing.” Elijah ran his tongue across his bottom lip and picked up one of the menus. “Wine?” He asked.
“Try Gin and Tonic..” Elisabeth smirked. “And where are your cigarettes? Harry wants me to tell you to cut down.”
“You heard,” Elijah said to the waiter. “And a glass of red wine please. Your finest.” He put the menu down and looked at Lis. “Tell your brother I’m fine. I cut down...”
“Then started back up again I heard.” Elisabeth sniped.
“Maybe so but ... it’s okay.” He looked around for a diversion and spotted Katherine sitting with Robert. “Katherine!” He called. “Do you want anything to drink? Anything better than that stuff your other half’s drinking?”
“Elijah, listen to me. It’s all fine and dandy you smoking yourself to death but what are Fauve and Thierry going to do when you finally get put six feet under?”
Elijah looked back at Lis and pursed his lips before running a hand through his hair. “Camille and Cassidy are their godmother’s...it’s fine. And I’m not going to smoke myself to death. There’s drink involved too.”
Elijah Krum
Elijah Krum
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Katherine Lupin Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:01 pm

Katherine recognized Eli's tension. She got up and went over to him, wrapping her arm around his shoulder and leading him away. "I am so glad you asked. Excuse us, won't you?" She looked back briefly at the young woman over her shoulder as she led him off. "Robert much prefers that kerosine he's drinking, but I could use something a bit more sophisticated. Some sort of really nice wine would be much better, thank you. I think Robert got caught up in drinking Michael's whiskey for a change and watching him hex that young lad. Poor boy. You know Michael's going to call him Fishbait for life now. And you might be stuck with Celine. Maybe. Until he finds something better for you."

She took a moment to speak to him. "Thank you for that ballad. That was beautiful. I don't know if you knew but Michael is her godfather. She hasn't seen him much since Remus died. Michael has sort of been..., well, busy, I guess. He sort of floats in and out of our lives, but he always comes back when he's needed most. And he does love Khaat with all his heart. It was good to see her with him. She was at least starting to unwind there. Maybe we might have to get her back out on the dance floor. She needs to remember what its like to have a little fun. " She looked over at Khaat who was perched on Rob's lap, just cuddling into his shoulder. Rob didn't appear to be suffering any from it. She smiled slightly. Brian had gone over to sit with Robert and was now pouring himself some of the firewhiskey as well. Katherine had no doubt that if anything else happened, Brian would react like lightning. He was trying to look relaxed and comfortable, but he didn't look any more off duty than any other bodyguard. He really did need to lighten up.

"So, tell me, Eli. You look just a wee bit stressed. Anything we can help with?"
Katherine Lupin
Katherine Lupin
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 150
Special Abilities : Medium, Talking to Birds, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Elijah Krum Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:16 pm

There was no such thing as love in the Krum family but there was plenty of it in the Harrow family. That’s why Elisabeth thought she knew best. She probably did but that didn’t mean Elijah had to listen to her. Elijah idly wondered where the twins were. As much as they teased their sister they were horribly possessive and protective over here. It was unlikely that they’d let her leave Bulgaria without going with her. They didn’t trust Adam to look after her. Of course they didn’t – their kid brother was useless. Harry, unless he was away, would have been there and at that realisation, Elijah looked around, desperately seeking out the black locks that usually sat around Harry’s shoulders in waves.

Elisabeth pursed her lips and took her offered glass from the bartender. “Mark me, Elijah. Sort yourself out by Christmas or you’ll have Mum’s wooden stick up your ass instead of the Turkey’s. Capeesh?” Elijah opened his mouth to protest, knowing exactly what Arlene’s spoons looked like but Katherine had looped her arm through his before he had time to respond. Elijah watched as Elisabeth pursed her lips in frustration but they widened into a smile, albeit a fake one but a smile none the less. She lifted her glass and Elijah turned away, walking with Katherine. He couldn’t quite shake off Elisabeth’s gaze though. He wouldn’t be left to his own devices until he lent her some sort of consent. She was funny about things like that.

Elijah was only really half listening to what Katherine was saying. He was registering it and nodding every so often. He looked at the woman and bit his lip. “M’fine,” He mumbled, feeling the back of his neck heat up slightly. Christmas. He had until Christmas to get his act together. That was one ultimatum he wasn’t prepared to ignore either. Elisabeth wasn’t just talking about the cigarettes or the booze. She was talking about school, his life...his kids. Elijah’s eyes went to Fauve and Thierry. They were innocent to this world, this hell. Elijah bit his lip and wondered how he could do this. Elisabeth was speaking right from the horse’s mouth. It wasn’t her mother, it was her dad. Adric cared still despite his sister’s negligence in the parenting sector. “Christmas,” Elijah whispered to himself.

He didn’t even have a month. Elijah’s watched Thierry interact with Fauve and he sighed. What was he going to get them? A permanent home would have been nice. But that would probably be under Arlene’s roof with the influence of the twins. He was so sick of moving them around. It was out of control. Tensions were sky high in the studios as rent climbed in an effort to kick people out. Elijah had stopped paying and Arnold had made quick work of putting everything he owned into storage. His whole life was in a garage-type storage room somewhere in southern Paris just waiting for him to pick up. No, Elijah knew where he’d have to go and it wasn’t northern Bulgaria to his Aunt and Uncle’s. He’d have to go home. He didn’t want to burden anyone else. He’d have to pack up and go home.

Stelladora missed him, he was sure. She and Micah had married not too long ago and she’d been writing, asking when he’d come to see them. He’d skirted around the question in most of his letters but with the landlord kicking people out left and right just because he wanted to, there was going to be one option left and that was Sofia. His beautiful home country, the place where he belonged. But still, Elijah didn’t want to go home. This was a new development coming at a horrific time. He didn’t know what he was supposed to do yet...whether he should sell the land he had and buy a sodding cottage in the South of France.

Merlin, was it really going to come to that? Elijah had never felt more childlike. He needed to do something. Selling himself out seemed like the best route. But then again...cutting down wouldn’t absorb as much of his money. Elijah’s hand went to the pocket his cigarettes were in. Lis was right; she was always right. Elijah sighed and took his cigarettes out of his pocket. “D’you...” He paused and looked at Katherine. He held the packet out to her, twisting his wrist slightly in embarrassment. “D’you think you could hold onto these? I don’t think I’m going to need them for a while..” Liar, his mind taunted, you won’t last one day.

Elijah looked over Kate’s shoulder and narrowed his eyes. He pressed the cigarettes into Katherine’s hand, mumbling excuse me, and walked back towards the bar. He approached Chase and touched her elbow hesitantly. “Sorry...” He murmured, his voice dripping with faux sincerity. “I hope I’m not interrupting anything...” He glanced at the bartender and narrowed his eyes. He removed his hand from Chase’s elbow and stepped back, walking backwards into Elisabeth as he did so. He whirled around, grasping her shoulders to prevent her from falling. She let out a small squeak and her doe eyes widened even further as she stared up at him. “Don’t do that!” She hissed, shoving him roughly. She wasn’t a big girl so she had to throw all of her body weight against his chest to even get him to move a little bit. “Aren’t you going to introduce me?” She asked.

Elijah flushed pink. “Oh right,” he turned around a smile a little at Elisabeth who was smirking over the rim of her Gin and Tonic. “Chase this is my cousin Elisabeth...Lis this is Chase my, uh, girlfriend.”
Elisabeth cocked an eyebrow at Elijah as if questioning the ‘uh, girlfriend’ part but looked at Chase and smiled sweetly none the less. Elijah rolled his eyes and tugged at a piece of Lis’s dark hair. She retracted the hand she’d held out to Chase and slapped it against Elijah’s. “No touchy the hair...” She hissed. She turned away from him, placing her heeled left foot on his foot as she did so. Elijah bit his tongue and Lis remained unmoved by his obvious lack of comfort. “Elisabeth Harrow,” She introduced herself formally, “It’s funny...Elijah doesn’t have girlfriend’s...you must be pretty special.”

Oh Merlin, Elijah thought. Lis’s grilling begins.
Elijah Krum
Elijah Krum
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Chastity Moor Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:38 pm

Chase suddenly felt an arm on her elbow and the not so happy voice of Elijah. Oh, he cared to pay attention to her again? Great... biting back a remark, she let herself be led away, and then right into a very pretty girl. She stood to the side as she watched the interaction with the girl and then smiled at her. "Nice to meet you Elizabeth, I'm Chase Moor." She said with a small nod as she shook her hand. Chase could feel the iciness in her body tension, and knew she had to loosen up. She had been having a great night, until Elijah had completely forgotten her, and so she had made to act as though she had forgotten him. She wasn't to happy with him, but didn't really care at the moment.

"Yes." Chase said after a moment. "I'm Elijah Girlfriend." She said, feeling herself visibly relax after that sentence. It was like a cloud had made way for the sun, and it showed on her entire body, the fact that she was HIS girlfriend. She was HIS, he looked at her like that! She could feel her happiness radiating off of her and she looked at Elijah, a small flush creeping into her cheeks as she looked away again. Chase carefully let her hand fall over her stomach. "So I've heard... But I am pregnant with his baby so.." She flushed again and then looked up at Elizabeth. "You're very lucky to have someone like Elijah as your cousin, able to know him from when he was younger, I wish I had had that opportunity." She said sincerely, glancing at him before looking back at Elizabeth.

It was true, right then she was thoroughly pissed of at Elijah, but still, she couldn't keep it from her voice, from her mind, that every mention of her being his girlfriend, it brightened her day, made her happier, visibly made her almost glow with the pride and the sheer joy of it. She smiled and blushed, pushing a strand of hair behind her ear carefully, biting on her lower lip. "We've been together for... only a short while." She said realizing she had no idea how long they had actually been considered boyfriend girlfriend. Only ten weeks or so, she was judging, mostly because that was when she had found out about Kitty. She smiled at Elizabeth, and held her head up higher, hoping she wasn't embarrassing Elijah, she didn't want that, even if she was angry at him.
Chastity Moor
Chastity Moor

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top