Let's Call It Family Bonding...
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Let's Call It Family Bonding... Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Let's Call It Family Bonding...

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Let's Call It Family Bonding... Empty Let's Call It Family Bonding...

Post by Elijah Krum Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:57 pm

The guitars looked as if they hadn’t been played for a decade yet the stood proudly, propped up by the side of the stage. Elijah had taken a model with intricate body design. He always liked elaborate designs on his instruments. He’d contemplated getting a piano but he wasn’t as learned with a piano as he was with a guitar. The piano was a completely different kettle of fish but, like with languages, it helped to know one instrument because it was then easier to play the other. Plus, Elijah had learned to read music before he had learned to read Bulgarian; it was unlikely that there would be an instrument he couldn’t concur. He could do it but he just didn’t put the time in.

The Blue Moon Nightclub had been empty since Rob and Jen’s stint in Azkaban but now the boys were opening it back up again, if only for their own use. Rob and David had been taking down the boards and Christophe had been ‘observing’. Pierre and Jen had been talking business which had left Elijah to tackle the main room itself. After a few hours they managed to get everything up and running again and now they were relaxing. Jen and Pierre still had their heads together but she had taken it upon herself to help him with his coursework for the college course he was taking. Rob was content to sit with a glass of Firewhisky and Christophe was amusing Fauve and Thierry with his many idiotic stories.

That left David and Elijah. The two had dived for the guitars as soon as they’d come in and now David was tinkering with some of the equipment to get it up and running again. Elijah plugged the adaptor from the amplifier into his guitar. He pulled at the strings and the sound took off out of the amp’s speaker as it was supposed to. He walked forward to the microphone and began to make sense of the random notes he was using. Then, the music changed and dived into a different part of the song. With that, the words accompanied.

“All my sand castles fall, like the ashes of cigarettes and every wave drags me to sea. I could stand here for hours just to ask God the question, “Is everyone here make-believe?””
Elijah Krum
Elijah Krum
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 4833
Special Abilities : Occlumens, Parseltongue, Animagus
Occupation : Owner of Eli's Fine Dining, Artist, Deputy Minister of Magic

Back to top Go down

Let's Call It Family Bonding... Empty Re: Let's Call It Family Bonding...

Post by Chastity Moor Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:26 pm

Chase stood next to the window and surveyed the room carefully. She hadn't been allowed to do any of the heavy lifting, or go into the places where the dust was to thick, but she had still worked up a sweat, cleaning the windows, inside and out, sweeping, dusting, and making everything look presentable. She had mopped the floor by hand, mostly because she had wanted something to do, and now it shone so brightly you could see your face in it. Chase looked up at the room in general and smiled. It was such a pleasant time, everyone just chatting and talking, the kids were having a ball listening to Christophe. And everyone else seemed to have found something interesting to do. Chase had found a nice corner to watch and had a glass of water in her hand, sipping from it occasionally.

Dressed in a light tank top, and some sweat pants, it was rather noticeable that Chase's stomach had finally started to show. It was only a very small bump out, but it was noticeable in her choice of clothing because it was snug to her. Her waist was a bit thicker and Chase felt like she was walking like she was pregnant already. Even though there was barely any difference in her walk. She smiled and went over to where Elijah was by the stage, and hoisted herself up, feeling her clothes rub oddly around her stomach in ways she wasn't used to. "Hey." She said smiling slightly, her arms circling her stomach protectively. "Having fun?" She asked watching the guitar with amusement. "It's a beautiful instrument." She said sipping her water again and leaning towards him, a grin on her face. "Could you teach me how to play? I kinda know, but I've all but forgotten it's been so long." She said shaking her head.
Chastity Moor
Chastity Moor

Number of posts : 2008

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:00 pm

Khaat had chosen an amazing shimmery emerald green cocktail dress and little gold stillettos. Brian had agreed to wear the sharply tailored black jacket with the crisply pressed dress shirt, open at the neck. Khaat really liked how elegant he looked. Brian had bought Khaat a pretty black cashmere pashmina to wear with her dress, and she loved how soft and warm it was. It surely beat cloaks all to heck.

She still could not speak but she had a miniaturized pad of paper in her evening bag, and a red enchanted quill that Robert had borrowed from a friend of his for her that allowed her to simply think, lay her fingertips on the feather, and it would write her thoughts, much like a quick quotes quill. Brian had agreed to restore the paper to its normal size for her when they reached the club. They were learning quickly that her magic was often compromised because she could not speak the spells. And Brian was learning to anticipate her.

She had had him help her with glamour spells to hide the bruises and to do her makeup and her hair. As for her part, she was really hoping Jen had some good top shelf firewhiskey. She wanted one, neat. No ice. Just really good firewhiskey.

She was feeling very good, all things considered. They entered the club, and Brian went to the bar to buy drinks. She saw Rob, and decided she had not thanked him sufficiently. She went over to the sofa where he was sitting and sat down on his lap and kissed his cheek. Brian had seen her, and he laughed, unconcerned.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22569
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Elijah Krum Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:43 pm

The song he used was one he hadn’t sung in a while. He looked down at the guitar and continued to play out the chorus before bringing it to a close. He took his hands away from the guitar and looked at David who gave him a distracted thumbs up. Elijah smiled to himself and put his hands back to the neck and the body. He plucked at the strings a few times and began to play a melody that seemed to flow well for something he was drawing from his mind. He took his hand off of the neck and reached up to ruffle his hand through the front of his hair.

His hand went back to the neck and he continued to play as Chase came over and as Khaat came inside. He watched from the stage as Khaat kissed Rob’s cheek and smiled a little when the man sat up slightly, directing his lit cigarette away from Khaat so the smoke didn’t drift into her face. Elijah looked down at Chase and smiled. He leaned down and kissed her gently on the lips. He stepped back and took the guitar strap off. He lifted it away and took Chase’s water away. He set it on top of one of the large speakers and crouched down behind her.

Elijah placed the guitar on her lap and supported most of the weight in his hands. He moved her left hand to the neck and her hand to the body. “What do you remember?” He breathed in her ear over the top of Jen offering Khaat a glass of Firewhisky. “I’ll have a glass too, Jen,” Eli called, his breath ghosting over Chase’s ear.
Elijah Krum
Elijah Krum
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Chastity Moor Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:15 am

Chase grinned at Elijah as he moved to her and kissed her on the lips. She could feel her happiness radiating from her as he moved the guitar into her lap and helped her position it. She felt his breath tickle her ear, and she smiled lightly, closing her eyes against his presence behind her. "Erm, I think I remember like half of the notes." She said, and started to run her fingers over the notes, striking a few chords, and hitting a few individual notes, before looking up when he called for a firewhiskey. Oh what she would do for a firewhiskey.

Sighing she could feel her fingers itching for a cigarette, for a firewhiskey, anything that she had turned to in her need for something besides a person in her life. And cigarettes and firewhiskey seemed to fill that void in her life, before Elijah came in of course. She bit her lip and looked at the guitar before turning her gaze over to Khaat. She had heard about her horrible abduction, and she could feel a steel of hatred flow through her towards the people who had hurt someone so innocent and good. At least she hadn't been killed, but she had been hurt so badly, and she still couldn't talk.

Chase shook her head and reached out, holding onto his hand lightly, her eyes still on Khaat. "How is she doing?" She asked softly, watching the group over there, before turning and looking at Elijah again, feeling her whole face light up, she grabbed his hand and steered it down to her stomach. "You can feel her.." She whispered running it over the bump. "She hasn't kicked yet.. but she will.. but you can feel the bump." She giggled lightly and looked up at him, before leaning up and capturing his lips again happily.
Chastity Moor
Chastity Moor

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:48 am

Brian took the two firewhiskeys and brought one to Khaat and handed it to her. She smiled at him. He sat not too far away and took out a pack of cigarettes from his jacket pocket and took one and lit it. She wasn't surprised he'd taken to smoking now and then. He wasn't in an easy position. She pointed to the cigaretted and motioned for him to give it to her.

"You don't smoke," he frowned. She scowled slightly. She wanted to try it. "No," he replied. "You don't need to hide behind vices." She knew he was completely right, of course, but she didn't want to cope tonight. She didn't want to think tonight. She looked around and saw Rob still had one in his hand. She snatched it and defiantly took a puff off of it. Brian just shook his head, sighing, giving up on advising her tonight. Sometimes it was easier for him to let her have her own way rather than to tell her what was good for her. She knew what she should do, but lately she wasn't always seeming to remember it. And tonight, to make matters worse, she didn't care.

She felt a chilly breeze and saw Michael come in. She hadn't seen her godfather in a long time. His eyes seemed to fall on her first. He walked right over to her, flicking his finger to snatch her cigarette from her. It flew into his fingers. "You don't smoke," he frowned. He was about to take a puff off of it--until he smelled the tobacco blend. "Ew!" he wrinkled his nose. "Muggle tobaccco. Stinks. Pan, this is your brand. Take it back. She doesn't need it." He sent the cigarette back to Rob. When he reached Khaat, he leaned down and kissed her. "Hello, my darling. Feeling better?" he asked.

She smiled, delighted to see him and nodded.

"No voice yet? Ah, well. It will come. Don't worry," He brushed her cheek lovingly. "How's the whiskey?" She gave him a thumbs up sign. "Good. I'll have one then. Excuse me, Dear." He headed off to the bar for a firewhiskey.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Elijah Krum Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:04 am

Elijah lowered himself onto the stage and put his legs either side of Chase so she was sat between them. His hands were still supporting the weight of the instrument in her lap and he watched over her shoulder as made the strings vibrate. The sound exploded out of the amp and Elijah leaned back. He spun the dial on the piece of equipment and the sound came down a fair bit. Jen walked over with his glass of Firewhisky and she handed it to him along with his packet of cigarettes which he’d discarded on the bar. She walked away again, her curls bouncing on her shoulders. Elijah smiled and took a large gulp of the alcohol before setting it down on the stage.

“Khaat is...” Elijah struggled to find the appropriate words to use, “I don’t know. The bastard that got her is probably going to die for it though. What you see over there,” He pointed to Rob and then to Brian who had lit a cigarette of his own, “Are two men besotted and desperate for revenge. The interesting thing is, is that Rob had the opportunity to off the guy but chose not to. I think he plans on returning the favour to be honest. Merlin knows I would,”

Elijah watched as Khaat stole the cigarettes out of both Rob’s and Brian’s clutches. Rob looked the most put out and announced loudly, “In the immortal words of Tim McInnerny: ‘James Bond never had to put up with this sort of sh!t!’” Then, with that, he got up, took his cigarette from Michael and flounced over to the bar. Elijah followed Rob with eyes and found Pierre behind the bar talking to the bartender. They were smiling at each other, doing a lot of smiling actually, and flirting from what Eli could tell. Rob was probably jealous in that case, he wasn’t drunk yet.

When Chase took his hand Elijah’s attention went back to her. His large hand covered a lot of her stomach but he could feel the bump. He had seen the difference. Okay... really he’d noticed her breasts and that made him look down. He would have eventually but they’d caught his eye first. Elijah ran his thumb across her stomach and smiled into her shoulder. “Feels weird...” He mumbled. It did feel odd. It was very solid yet soft at the same time. He wasn’t complaining. It was just....a change. “She?” Elijah asked after a moment.

--

“Pierre,” Rob said sharply upon arriving at the bar, “If you’re finished you can get me some wine. You can get the Boy Scout one too – and his lady friend.” Pierre opened his mouth to protest but Rob stared him down, taking his cigarette from his mouth as he did so. He leaned over the bar and let the smoke leave his mouth. He huffed a cloud of it blew into his face. Pierre’s nose wrinkled and, like Khaat did, he stole Rob’s cigarette. Rob was stunned and watched, transfixed, as Pierre inhaled and let the smoke out of the side of his mouth.
“That guy’s not wrong,” Pierre purred, his accent thick, “Your fags are crap,” Rob opened his mouth and closed it again, quite literally stunned. Pierre leaned forward and kissed Rob chastely on the lips, “You should smoke Elijah’s. At least he knows the difference between crap and good tobacco.” He pulled Rob’s lips apart and placed the cigarette back in his mouth before slapping his cheek. “I’ll get you that wine then shall I?” He smirked.
Elijah Krum
Elijah Krum
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Chastity Moor Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:20 am

Chase nodded. "I hope he pays for what he did to her.." She whispered and shook her head. She felt his large hand cover her whole stomach and she felt herself smile, it felt so protective with his hand over her baby. Knowing that he was there to protect her, her eyes roamed over the room, and then she smiled and shook her head slightly. "I just.. I feel like it's a girl.. maybe it's just the magic in me, but.. just the way she feels when she connects to me.. I don't know if this happens with every mother and their child, but it's like, we share thoughts, and she is just... she has the most beautiful mind.." She whispered leaning back so her head was against his shoulder, and she could reach up and touch his chin gently with her fingers.

Chase stared at the firewhiskey and cigarettes, and sighed. "I wish they made some cigs that didn't hurt a baby.." She said shaking her head sadly. "You have NO IDEA how much I want one right now... It's like... my hand would like nothing better then to reach out and take one, but I can't... in fact, if you start I'll probably have to walk away.. to somewhere where there isn't as much smoke... you can inhale as much as a cigarette with one person smoking around you.. and I don't want to.. I mean.. I'd rather not hurt the baby, she's past the serious side effects stage.. but.." She shook her head. "I want a healthy baby Elijah.." She said softly and then leaned up, kissing him gently, moving so that she could kiss him more easily before breaking off and pushing herself off the side of the stage. Her eyes on him as she held the guitar. "I'll practice and try to remember what I know.." She said and then moved away from him, her eyes wandering around the room, before she went over to Jen to talk.
Chastity Moor
Chastity Moor

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:47 am

Khaat picked up the scent of Turkish spices. Strong. She couldn't get it out of her nose. She saw the back of a man with chestnut hair as he passed by. Black slacks, white shirt...she didn't wait. She flew out of her seat on the sofa where Rob had dumped her and snatched him with as much force as her thinned, weakened frame could muster. Brian flew, seeing her spin him around to face her, her wand thrust already in the man's throat.

It wasn't him. Her eyes were blazing with rage still, though. "Let go, Babe," Brian said softly, moving the tip of the wand out of the throat of the server she had just accosted. "It's not him. Let go, Baby. I'm right here." She thrust her wand roughly into Brian's hand. She wasn't even safe to have a wand anymore, not that she could have used it anyway without words. She shoved the server away from her, pissed off. Brian looked at the server. "Sorry," he apologized for her. "She's been...stressed..."

"Bloody hell! Lock her up, will you? She's gone completely batshit! She's gonna kill people. Who the hell is she, anyway?" the server snorted and stomped away.

Khaat's mind shut down. She turned and simply walked out. The cold night air hitting her in the face.

"You're an ass, you know that?" She heard Brian hiss as she left.

As she walked out, she ran smack into someone. She spun her right arm in a hard right hook in automatic self defense, and a strong hand caught her punch before it connected. "Oh, well done, Khaat!" she heard her father's voice say with a laugh. "You almost got me. That was a nice hook." He took one more step and stepped into the lamplight. "Now," he asked, her mother beside him, "What's got you all rattled? You want to tell me?"

"Turkish cologne," Brian's voice said softly from behind her. "I smelled it too, Khaat. You weren't crazy. That server had a ton of it, honey. It wasn't him." She looked back into her father's face, wanting to run, and, without her magic, she had no place to go.

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Tremaine Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:15 am

Michael had seen Khaat go outside, and he had smelled the server's cologne too, and he knew exactly why it had triggered her. He decided to follow her outside and see if he could give Brian a hand. He didn't know if Brian would remember or not, but it seemed as though perhaps he had. He went outside and found she had encountered Robert and Kate arriving, but he could feel the humiliation she felt. It was thick enough around her that he could have cut it with a knife.

"Khaat," he called gently, coming up behind her. She turned and he saw her very frightened eyes. That prat server's cologne had brought her to be more frightened that he had ever, ever seen her be. This was not the Khaat he knew. Khaat Lupin could be a lot of things, but afraid was not one of them. If he ever caught Felix Barker, he was going to rip him apart with his bare hands. Hm. Pan had seemed as if he had an interest in such a mission. Perhaps he and Pan needed to hunt down Barker and give him a taste of his own medicine. He made a mental note to talk to Pan about that tonight.

He saw the look of relief come into Khaat's eyes as she realized it was Michael who had called to her. He simply walked up to her and wrapped her in a tight hug. "You alright, my dear?" he asked softly as she hid her face in his chest. She nodded. He could feel her deep gratitude that he was there tonight. "Come on. Its cold out here, and this idiot you're living with let you go out in that teeny tiny dress with a shawl in this bitter cold weather. He needs to be put in one of your father's jars for that. Come inside with me. We'll hex that server and put a stench on him or something." He turned her about and, his arm around her shoulder, he walked her back into the nightclub.

He saw the rather small gathering of friends and family, and he walked up to the bar, with Khaat in tow. "Come with me. Shall we get warmed up, Dear?" he asked her. She pointed to the firewhiskey up on the very top shelf. Jen's very best. The same her family kept at home. She had had a glass that Brian had bought her, but, well, if one glass was good, two was better. He smelled the Turkish cologne on a young server behind the bar who was looking warily at Khaat. MIchael was going to set some boundaries first with this young rude idiot before he hexed him. This was the lad's one chance.

"The lady would like a firewhiskey, please. And so would I," Michael ordered. The young man reached for the closest bottle of firewhiskey. The common, cheap blend.

"No, no," Michael said. "If I had wanted lighter fluid, I'd have asked for it. " The server glared at Michael. Michael reached in his pocket and put a number of sickles down on the bar, more than enough to pay for the bottle. "Let's try this again. Firewhiskey. And the lady wants top shelf." The server got down the bottle, and Michael snatched it from him, along with a couple of glasses. He handed Khaat the bottle and he grabbed the glasses. He walked over to a table and deposited the empty whiskey glasses on the table and took the bottle gently from her hand and put it with the glasses. He looked up at the stage where a young dark haired man with large doe eyes sat with a guitar.

"Hey, Celine! Know any dance music?" he called to the musician on the stage.

Michael Tremaine
Michael Tremaine
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 646
Special Abilities : Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top