Mischief Management
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Mischief Management Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Mischief Management

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Mischief Management Empty Mischief Management

Post by Colin Firethorn Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:21 pm

Andrew went downstairs and took his seat at the Gryffindor table. His room in Gryffindor Tower had been a bit chilly this morning, so he was anxious to get something hot to drink. He had come to the table with his necktie slung around his neck but not tied. He was well groomed otherwise, though.

He put his backpack on the floor beneath the table and perused the breakfast offerings. Nothing but the usual menu. He spooned some scrambled eggs on his plate, along with 2 strips of the crispiest bacon he could find on the meat platter, and a scone. He had gotten accustomed to Khaat's scones from Sparks during the summer and now the plain ones were boring. He had written Robert and asked for some better snack foods. Robert had sent an owl saying that he was going to send the "perfect care package" to Andrew. Whatever the heck that meant. He poured himself a small glass of orange juice and then a mug of that foul Earl Grey tea. He whipped out his wand and transfigured the nasty tea into strong, black coffee. He was glad that, so far, no one seemed to be onto him. He didn't see anything wrong or illegal about drinking coffee instead of tea, and no one really looked at a 12 year old and suspected them of liking coffee, never mind liking it black and strong as roofing tar. But that suited him just fine. He settled in, smelled the aroma of the coal black brew in his mug and smiled satisfactority. It smelled like it as freshly brewed. The more he used this spell, the better he got at it. He took a sip. Marvelous! Caffeine was a wonderful thing!
Colin Firethorn
Colin Firethorn
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Number of posts : 310

Back to top Go down

Mischief Management Empty Re: Mischief Management

Post by Aurora Nye Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:42 am

What a chilly morning. Ugh I hate it when it's chilly out Aurora thought as she pulled her blanket around her tighter. It was kind of wierd for a 12 year old to be walking down to the Great hall wrapped up inside a blanket but Aurora really didn't care. At that moment All She cared about was keeping warm and getting downstairs to get some food.

When Aurora got to the Great Hall she noticed not much people were there. probably everyone is keeping warm up or down in their dorms. she thought as she took a seat close to where a what by the looks of it a second year boy was siting. She noticed that everything was normal. She pur some Bacon onto her plate and a bit of Scrambled eggs. She really didn't feel like eating much but she knew she would have to to keep strong. In her cup was some tea in which her brother Rodgey had sent her during the beginning of the school year. As she drank some of her tea she looked around noting all of the kids that she had seen in her class before. She usually didnt give much care towards who was around her but right now all she could think about was classes and getting her homework done.

Since she spent most of her time worrying about classes, Aurora didnt have much time to think or sleep or even make friends. All she had time to do was wake up at 5 in the morning. Work on the homework that she needed before lunch until it was breakfast time then she would eat breakfast and then goto her morning classes and then at lunch she would eat and then quickly work on the rest of her homework for her other classes. This made her have a massive headache and sometimes she was up in her dorm all night working on homework. This was Aurora's usual life. Plain and boring.
Aurora Nye
Aurora Nye
Fourth Year Gryffindor
Fourth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 2250
Special Abilities : Seer

Back to top Go down

Post by Colin Firethorn Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:19 am

Andrew had noticed a Gryffindor girl come down for breakfast. She had not had a bad idea. She was wrapped up on a blanket. The castle could be drafty this time of year. And it would be worse in the winter. He saw her make some tea with some tea she had brought herself.

"So, you don't like their nasty Earl Grey tea either, then?" Andrew asked her. "I like tea, but not theirs. A..friend of mine makes his own teas. I stayed with them over the summer, and as a hobby, he makes the most awesome teas. All different flavors. He let me sample some of the flavors he has. I mean, he makes apple cinnamon, peach almond, chocolate raspberry, blackberry cobbler--you name it, and he's made a tea that flavor. He sent me a couple packages. One is Vanilla Almond, and the other is Pumpkin Spice. I like either one. You're welcome to try a cup if you want. I have some of his teabags in my backpack.

"If I had my way, he'd be my guardian now," Andrew said quietly, drinking his conjured coffee from his teamug. "My guardian is...well, he's busy. My friend always has time for me, no matter how busy he is. I'm Andrew, by the way. And you are?" he asked.

OOC: nice, long post, Aurora!
Colin Firethorn
Colin Firethorn
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Aurora Nye Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:31 am

"Eh.. I like it a little but its not that good. I'd rather drink Coffee or drink pop or something else besides this but.. Its ok." She said looking at him. She listened to him talk for a while and smiled. "sure I'd Love to try some." She said. "My brother sent the tea I have but I have know clue why he would send me a tea as disgusting and tasteless as this crud." She said pushing her cup away from where she was sitting. She took a bite of her eggd then she picked up a piece of bacon and just ate it whole.

"I reconise you from class." She said as he introduced himself. "I'm Aurora.. Aurora Nye.." She said to him "What were you talking about a Guardian? What do you mean by guardian? Do you mean that as like someone who watched over you?" This way he talked confused her a bit but she could understand it enough.
Aurora Nye
Aurora Nye
Fourth Year Gryffindor
Fourth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Colin Firethorn Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:46 am

Andrew looked around and saw there were no professors in the room. "You want coffee?" he whispered. He took out his wand and cast the transfiguration spell over her tea mug and changed her tea into coffee like he had his own. "Shhh! You don't dare tell or we'll both be drinking their awful Earl Grey tea. I learned it from some other kid who doesn't like their tea here either, and he learned it from a 7th year. Don't tell."

"Anyway," he slipped his wand back in his cloak and redirected the conversation to make things look normal. "Yeah. I have a guardian. My mom died when I was little, and my dad died just before my first year here--and I don't have any brothers or sisters. I met a guy who seemed nice enough at the time, and he agreed to be my guardian. You know, sort of a legal caretaker? He's responsible for signing all the forms this place needs, helps support me financially if I need it, makes sure I get my school supplies, and gives me a place to call home and a place to stay in the summer and over Christmas. Except this guy was gone all summer. I haven't seen him since last Christmas. My guardian said he was working in mainland Europe all this time. Sounds fishy to me. So this summer, I stayed next door to my guardian, but you know what? I had a really great summer. The wizard I stayed with is supposed to be some powerful dude. He's an old guy--well, sort of. But he's really cool. I liked him a lot. I'd rather him be the guy that was in charge of all my stuff. He said his daughter is the guardian for all kinds of kids that don't have parents too. I've met her. She's okay. They're a nice family. "
Colin Firethorn
Colin Firethorn
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Aurora Nye Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:59 am

Aurora took a sip of her coffee. "I wont tell." She said. "I promise.. I love coffee.. It helps me wake up." She said taking another sip of it. "It would be cool if we were alowed to have coffee instead of tea. I actually hate tea." She said making a wierd face.

I have guardians. I call them mum and dad though. And i really dont have a brother he is my god brother. My god family is really cool but I really wish I could have known my real parents. They were burnt alive by an old baby sitter of mine when I was 1 and a half. I have flashbacks about it." Aurora said her eyes beginning to water. "My God mum and god dad told me that when I was a baby that they used to take me everywhere they could to show me off. They also said I was a really cute baby and showed me many pictures of my family. I dont know what my family looked like and I really wish I could go back to when they died and change that but if that happened My life would be different than it is now." She told him about to burst out crying. She didnt like talking much about her parents death but she would tell people alot.
Aurora Nye
Aurora Nye
Fourth Year Gryffindor
Fourth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Colin Firethorn Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:23 am

"I know what you mean. I wonder if my dad would have been such a git if my mom would have lived. I guess I'll never know. But I have learned one thing, though. I don't know if it will help you. Before my dad died, I thought everybody was as evil as he was. Then he died and I spent some time living by myself without any grownups. I thought, for awhile, I was better off. Don't tell any of the adults this, but I found out they were right and I was wrong. It was far better to have grownups in my life--decent ones--rather than to be on my own. At least not yet.

"If you have guardians who are good to you, you need to be happy. Being loved, well, its a really awesome thing. And even if do find out that my guardian is an idiot, well, I still have the neighbors. They're old enough to be my grandparents, but since I never knew mine, its all good with me. They own a big farm and they raise magical creatures on their farm. Its a great place. I have my own room there, even if I don't live there all the time. And they bought all my school clothes and supplies for me this year. They send me a box of all sorts of goodies every other week just because they care. And they write almost every day. And as I said, their daughter is the guardian of several kids. She's a really nice lady too.

"Aurora, blood family doesn't mean crap. Trust me. I know. I know it would be really nice to know more about your birth parents, but I'm sure someday that will come. Truthfully, the only family that matters is the family of the heart. And if your guardians love you, then hold onto them with all you've got. You're very lucky to have them. Enjoy every minute with them that you can get. And someday, when you get old enough, we can ask my neighbors for help. They both work at the ministry. They might be able to find out something about your biological parents. It might be worth a try."
Colin Firethorn
Colin Firethorn
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Aurora Nye Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:45 am

"You shouldnt have lived on your own.. As soon as your father died you should have went to an Oprhanage or something. It's not a good thing to live alone as a child.." She said. She knew because when her brother was around 9 years of age he left home for a week to see if he could live alone and came back sick and skinny.

"My guardians are good to me.. By guardians I mean My brother and A man named Daniel who we call my brother and his two little sisters. I live with them now. Moved out of my mum and dads place to start living with my brother. We had planned a long time ago to move in with my brother because my parents are growing old and need more taking care of then I need." Aurora said looking at the ground. "I wish they werent that old... They were my Mum's eldest sisters friends and they were 35 when I was born so they are 47 now and getting pretty weak.." She said.

"Blood family would be cool though.. I'm all thats left of the Nye/Constin blood left Which sucks. Everything Depends on me to keep my blood going. Since my mothers family has long passed and my dad only had a mum as he grew up who died when he was 20 so... No blood family left... No cousins brothers aunts or anything.. Its a bit of a responcibility that I keep my line going Because my mum and dad when I was born hoped I wouldnt be the last of our family. They thought I would die just as.. Well... Just as how they almost had a child before me but he died in my mums tummy." She said almost about to cry.
Aurora Nye
Aurora Nye
Fourth Year Gryffindor
Fourth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Colin Firethorn Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:58 am

"But...if you get married, you'll take your husband's name, right? Doesnt that change things anyway? And are you more concerned about keeping the bloodline going or the family name? If its the bloodline, then yeah, that pretty much means at some point in your life you'll need to think about whether or not you'll be able to have a kid. But, if its the family name, you can always adopt a boy while you're still single. That way, he carries the family name, you give a home to a kid who needs one, and you don't need to put yourself at risk by getting pregnant, if it is a risk for you." He hesitated and then looked at her a little self conscious. "Sorry. I know its a bit weird for a guy to be talking about such things as having kids. I don't mean to embarress you or anything. I'm glad you have people around you who care. It sounds like, despite the fact that it isn't the family of your dreams, it sounds like it still gives you the chance to be with people who love you. I think you' re really lucky." Andrew wished he was as sure about whether his guardian really loved him or not. He knew his guardian's neighbors and their daughter loved him. But his guardian? Well, he just didn't know.

Colin Firethorn
Colin Firethorn
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Aurora Nye Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:08 am

"I mean the blood line... I'm supposed to stay safe and keep it going... Which means I'd need to have more than one kid that way if one dies young the others will be able to keep the line going.. I hate that I have to keep my line going for so long." Aurora said as she tried not to cry. She was upset with her bloodline and the fact that she couldnt be a normal child like the rest of her family was. She had always wished she wouldnt have to do things like keeping her blood line.

(sorry its a bit short.. i try longer next time)
Aurora Nye
Aurora Nye
Fourth Year Gryffindor
Fourth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top