Bell's Checkup.
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Bell's Checkup. Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Bell's Checkup.

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bell's Checkup. Empty Bell's Checkup.

Post by Belle Fey Potter Sat Sep 25, 2010 1:20 am

Belle sat in the room waiting for Khaat to arrive. She knew Khaat and so trusted her with her baby's welfare and had requested her. However this did not make Bell any less nervous as the time to have the baby was getting closer and closer.

She looked down at her swollen belly pressing against her white t-shirt and maternity jeans. Martha said she was rather large for six months along, she didn't know if that was true or not all she knew was that she had forgotten what being able to see her feet was like.

Belle rubbed her stomach softly as the baby within kicked and she continued to wait.
Belle Fey Potter
Belle Fey Potter

Number of posts : 780
Special Abilities : Speaking to Animals, Animagus (Black Wolf)

Back to top Go down

Bell's Checkup. Empty Re: Bell's Checkup.

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:37 am

Khaat was taking some of the patients' appointments so that her father could attend to a delicate wizarding surgery to repair a wound on a wizard who had blown up his entire potions lab and nearly killed himself in the process. Khaat and Robert neither one were sure if the man was going to live, but Robert was certainly going to try.

Khaat was handed the next chart by one of the nurses and was told where her patient waited. She opened the chart to read it and was surprised to see it was Belle. Well, not that surprised. Belle was married, and she wasn't surprised that they wanted to have children soon. She was pleased that things had apparently gone well so far.

She went to the door, knocked, mostly out of formallity, and went in. She smiled at Belle. Belle looked very healthy, and that pleased Khaat. "Hi, Belle," Khaat smiled. "Congratulations to you and Andrian. So, tell me. How are you feeling? Any discomfort or difficulties?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22572
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Belle Fey Potter Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:23 pm

Belle smiled at Khaat, "Thank you." She shook her head. "No, none besides the normal. Sore back and feet with some swelling. Other then that I have been pretty healthy. Andrian and my housekeeper don't let me do too much but I have tried to keep my active life. Working in my rose gardens, grooming my horses and a few other things."
Belle Fey Potter
Belle Fey Potter

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:44 pm

"It says here you're about six months, is that right?" Khaat asked. She went over and laid her hand on Belle's forehead and made an initial assessment. Everything seemed to be going well for her. Khaat wasn't sure that her calculation about date was right, though. Either that or the baby was just going to be abnormally large. If that was the case, then Khaat wanted to watch carefully. She didn't want the baby to become larger than Belle was going to handle during delivery.

She laid her hands on Belle's stomach and made an assessment there too. The baby seemed to be active and, by what Khaat was feeling, very healthy indeed. "Are you sure about that date, Belle? Any chance you might be just a little further along than 6 months?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Belle Fey Potter Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:01 am

Belle thought about it doing the math over and nodded her head. "Yep I am right, that is the date. Why is something the matter Khaat?" Bell asked her raven brows furrowed in worry. She wanted this pregnancy to go well and so far it had.
Belle Fey Potter
Belle Fey Potter

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:42 pm

"Well, either the date is a bit off, or your baby is extra large. My guess is that you might deliver it a bit early, or we might want to. We don't want it to become so large that you have difficulties with it," Khaat said. She continued to examine her. "You seem healthy, though, in every respect. Seems that you've been doing all the right things. I presume being married to healer helps. How's your activity level? Any problems with energy? Or sleep? How's your appetite been?"

OOC: No chance this is twins, is it? Just checking what the reason for the large size is, that's all.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Belle Fey Potter Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:36 am

OOC: Nope not twins. Women in my family just hit their six month and get huge.

Belle listened to Khaat, "All right. Whatever is best for the child." She then listened to the rest of Khaat's questions. "I do get bouts of low energy, I eat like a dragon and I sleep all right. I do have a hard time getting comfertable to do so though, but I guess that is to be expected."
Belle Fey Potter
Belle Fey Potter

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:03 am

"It is, but you can help that with either talking Andrian into letting you use him for a great big pillow, or--the muggles have a thing called a body pillow that I've been recommending. It's as long as you are, and it really helps women who are expecting to get comfortable. It was a wonderful thing when I was pregnant with Abbey. That, and being able to elevate my feet when I got home at night. But I sort of asked for problems. I refused to give up my high heels no matter what my father told me. So when I got home, my feet and ankles were huge. But I see you are wearing wonderful sensible shoes--and they're really cute. I could never find sensible shoes that were also cute. You have a great eye for shoes.

"Well, I'm glad you are able to eat and sleep well. You might find some changes in that as you progress farther and farther into your pregnancy. We'll have to keep an eye on it. No trouble with morning sickness or nausea? What about cravings? I remember driving Rob crazy with cravings for cheesecake, of all stupid things. Jus lots and lots of cheesecake. I got to the point where that was about the only thing I was interested in eating."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Belle Fey Potter Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:17 am

Belle laughed. "Thanks, I do miss my heels believe me. But Andrian and the house keeper hid them somewhere that I cannot just summon them."

She listened to the cheesecake bit and laughed again. " I actually have been craving watermelon. I want it all the time and I can eat a whole one to myself sadly enough." Belle thought of something else she was craving though and decided it was time to know. "Um-Khaat...there is one thing. I crave rare steak a lot too. Do you think that could have something to do with Andy being a werewolf at all? I mean...will the baby be like Andy?" She hurried on, "Not that I would mind. I love Andrian just how he is and I will love our child just as much, but I need to know."
Belle Fey Potter
Belle Fey Potter

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:32 pm

"There's nothing wrong with craving either watermelon or steak, really. It isn't predictable to determine what a pregnant woman is going to want. And I don't believe that craving steak, in itself, is an indicator of whether your child will follow in Andrian's footsteps. We really won't know until the child becomes of age, I don't think. Generally, puberty or later is when some of the first transforations happen. I will double check with my father to see if he has any potions or other methods of determining if your baby is affected or not. Until your child is born, though, I suggest that you try not to worry about that. Coming from my family, though, I absolutely do understand your fear very well. My family, of course, has werewolves to worry about, and Rob's family has animaguses to contend with. So far, we don't have any evidence to suggest that Abbey is a werewolf. She has had a couple of incidents of accidently transfiguring into a labrador puppy--like Ro'b's labrador animagus, so I am presuming she does not carry the Lupin cursed genetics, although it still is possible that she could. I have decided to not borrow trouble where that is concerned, and I advise you to do thte same."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top