Death Eater Enlistement
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Death Eater Enlistement Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Death Eater Enlistement

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Death Eater Enlistement Empty Death Eater Enlistement

Post by Mariana Diggory Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:02 pm

Death Eater Enlistement 250px-Dark_Mark
"They were a motley collection; a mixture of the weak seeking protection, the ambitious seeking some shared glory, and the thuggish gravitating towards a leader who could show them more refined forms of cruelty."
—Albus Dumbledore on the Death Eaters

Death Eaters are a group of Dark wizards and witches that followed Lord Voldemort. They often wear black hoods with snake-like eye slits to cover their faces. Only the inner circle of the Death Eaters has a Dark Mark burned into his or her left forearm. When Voldemort touches one of them, each of those Death Eaters felt it, allowing them to Apparate to their leader's side.

Ideally, the Death Eaters seek to destroy Muggles and wizards and witches of Muggle lineage, and to take over the wizarding world, as well as restore it to pure-bloods. The Death Eaters idealized pure-blood wizards, which is ironic considering that their leader, Lord Voldemort, is a half-blood with a Muggle father.

Not all of them could claim to be pure-bloods, and in fact true pure-bloods probably do not exist, as the claim is based on selective genealogy; possibly many of them were half-bloods clinging to their pure-blood ancestors. One such as Severus Snape, the son of a Muggle man and a pure-blood witch.[1] Judging by Bellatrix Lestrange's reaction to being told that Voldemort was a half-blood by Harry Potter[2], the Dark Lord most likely lied to his followers about being pure-blood.

History

Remus Lupin: "The last time Voldemort had power he almost destroyed everything we hold most dear..."
Sirius Black: "Fourteen years ago he had huge numbers at his command -- not just witches and wizards but all manner of Dark creatures..."

By 1970, the Death Eaters were an organization formed from people Tom Marvolo Riddle, now Lord Voldemort, knew from his time at Hogwarts as well as their relations. Nearly all of those recruited were from Slytherin House as students. Actively recruiting an army of Dark Wizards and creatures.[1]

Death Eater activity during the First Wizarding War consisted of attacks on wizards, witches, and large numbers of Muggles. These were initiated by the Death Eaters often, but not always, on the orders of Voldemort. The ministy soon fell but the Death Eaters remained opposed by the Order of the Phoenix, founded by Albus Dumbledore.

After Voldemort fell, trying to kill Harry potter, the Death eaters fell into Chaos. Most were captured, but many escaped. When Voldemort returned, many years later, he tried to capture the prophecy of him and Harry potter. However, His death eaters failed to get it. Despite the loss, the Death eaters rose to power even further and a year later, infiltrated the ministry.

"If you continue to resist me, you will all die, one by one. I do not wish this to happen. Every drop of magical blood spilled is a loss and a waste... I command my forces to retreat immediately. You have one hour... I speak now, Harry Potter, directly to you... I shall wait for one hour in the Forbidden Forest. If, at the end of that hour, you have not come to me, have not given yourself up, then battle recommences. This time, I shall enter the fray myself, Harry Potter, and I shall find you, and I shall punish every last man, woman, and child who has tried to conceal you from me. One hour."
Voldemort- The battle of hogwarts

At the battle of Hogwarts the Death eaters defeated the defenders, and killed Harry potter in the process. However, The death eaters suffered huge losses, and retreated to regroup. Voldemort himself went into hiding, without his precious horcruxes to protect him. A couple years later however, when Voldemort finally returned and had remade his horcruxes, the Death eaters rose again.

DEATH EATERS AT THE PRESENT TIME

To join the Death eaters, fill the form below

Name:
Year/Graduate: Must be at least a third year.
Hogwarts House:
Why you want to join:

LEADER: Sandra Archer

MEMBERS: Scorpius Malfoy, Aminia Lestrange, Suzannah Malfoy, Alice Taylor, Melinda Hawthorn. Julia Traverse, Nerezza Feruccio, Eleni Dimitri, Zara Ellis, Flint Kenelm

Also please put this link in every new recruits profile
https://2img.net/h/i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee52/BoyWhoLivd/2cco6t0.jpg
Mariana Diggory
Mariana Diggory

Number of posts : 16276

Back to top Go down

Death Eater Enlistement Empty Re: Death Eater Enlistement

Post by Guest Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:25 am

Name:Flint Kenelm
Year/Graduate:Graduate
Hogwarts House:None
Why you want to join:He needs to take his anger out somewhere
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Quinn Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:16 pm

added mari, can you add that little green DE button to flint's profile please?

I think i ditched it on my computer
Brian Quinn
Brian Quinn
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 636
Special Abilities : Healer, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Mariana Diggory Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:35 am

LoL yeah sure i'm on it.
Mariana Diggory
Mariana Diggory

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddelyne Cain Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:57 am

Name: Maddelyne Cain
Year/Graduate: Grad.
Hogwarts House:Slytherin
Why you want to join: Maddy likes the dark arts and causing pain.
Maddelyne Cain
Maddelyne Cain

Number of posts : 12

Back to top Go down

Post by Mariana Diggory Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:28 pm

You can;t be an auror AND a death eater.
Mariana Diggory
Mariana Diggory

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top