Demons
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Demons Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Demons

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Demons Empty Demons

Post by Andrew Thompson Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:13 pm

Okay, Jess asked me to do this xD
Appearance
Basically, depending on your rank as a demon, you need to keep the scary/intimidating factor below your superior. It may sound pretty stupid to some people, yet the leaders and higher ranking soldiers have to look more intimidating or scary to keep their role as being a leader. If a small demon were trying to lead a 32 soldiers who are 12 feet tall, then they would most likely try to take control.

Personality
Okay, I know what your most likely thinking. The demons pretty much just want to take over the world and be done with it, why would they need personalities? Because if everyone is going under one leader, they don't want to be stuck at the bottom of the barrel. Most demons would like to be the head honcho, or at least be close to one. Different personality traits could really define on how much that demon is meant at being a leader, follower, etc.

Voice
Keep the voice to point where it will fit your character. A small pluckish little demon is not going to say things that will want to make you jump off a cliff. They should at least be a little realistic, once again depending on rnak, and have different types. Such as, manical laughing sort of voice, very deep and very harsh, shrewish, witty, or maybe even suave. They all need something that will help keep ranks and all.

Names
Okay thisDemon Name Generator should at least help you get an idea about names. You don't have to use it exactly, but if you choose not to, keep the name sounding hellish and nothing like 'Tim' or 'Joe'. If you have any suggestions, please PM me and I will update this later xD

Possible Apperances
Once again, you don't have to use any of this, but it would be good to at least look at some of these and get a good idea. Do your best and make them look menacing xD

Heartless from Kingdom Hearts, Dark Spawn from Dragon Age Origins, Beserker from Gears of War(I think this one would fit either general, leader, or bodyguard), Horde from Gears of War series, Beezlebub, mothman Abomination from mass effect

Well thats all i have to say now xD
Andrew Thompson
Andrew Thompson
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 3818
Special Abilities : Invisibility

Back to top Go down

Demons Empty Re: Demons

Post by Guest Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:37 am

Question. How should demons react to spells? I keep coming across that problem. Do spells affect them? If so, how badly? Or are they affected differently? Etc...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Thompson Sun Aug 15, 2010 3:13 am

Well for my original thought, I said that all demons should have some sort of weakness to the light, for them being imprisioned for thousands of years. It also depends on the rank of your demon and the physical appearance as well. For example, if you are really skin, you should have a more likely chance of being more hurt by spells. If your person is buff and slow, then you can resist the spells with more force.
Andrew Thompson
Andrew Thompson
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 3818
Special Abilities : Invisibility

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:09 am

Okkee! Thanks AJ!
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 10287
Special Abilities : Occlumency
Occupation : Unspeakable | Beater for the Falmouth Falcons | Deed-Holder of Satan's

https://jackles-feels-feelings.polyvore.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Caelani Bittel Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:01 am

I was going to go with chaos vs order. If your thoughts are more ordered and clear, your spells are more effective, but if your attack is chaotic the demon won't be harmed as much. It kind of ties into them looking scary and disturbing, because that would scatter people's thoughts by making them upset or frightened or angry.
Caelani Bittel
Caelani Bittel
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Number of posts : 469
Special Abilities : unforgivables

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top