Appearance of the Demons
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Appearance of the Demons Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Appearance of the Demons

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Appearance of the Demons Empty Appearance of the Demons

Post by Jess Potter Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:05 am

Okay so basically, this is just a rough draft that could be edited over time, if need be. But keep in mind, that these guys were never alive to begin with, so they can manifest themselves into whatever they need, in order to get the job done. Now first things first, whoever is going to be a demon, as to have some kind of demon name or something.

The Leader: Okay so this guy/gal is going to be looking the most scariest of all, that could make a persons blood chill to the bone. So for their regular appearance, he/she could look like a regular person, but with startling features. For example, maybe the cliche devil horns, his/her skin could look like it had been burnt over time and looks like ash, no eyes in the eye sockets, but can still see, fingernails are really long and really sharp, teeth look like rusted metal, maybe a tail. Oh, and it could transform into a rather large dragon in order to keep the fear instilled.

The Generals: Okay, these guys also have to keep the creepy appearance up, but cannot look more fearful than the leader. They would preobably keep up the ash features and all, but some of the skin would be missing and shows straight through, eyes would be there yet piercing red and the iris often moves around the eye on it's own, and often doesn't speak in a low voice, but rather harsh and scary.

The Lieutenants: Well these guys have just got to look like something out of a comic book or something. Maybe just a couple of features from the Generals, but have them looking as non scary as possible.

The Grunts: These guys are the bottom of the rung, and they don't look very scary, yet are very intimidating. Excuse the reference and all, but I think the Heartless from the Kingdom Hearts series would fit nicely, but like I said, still open for discussion.

The bodyguards: Okay nothing would seem more menacing for the bodyguards to the leader than giant orges or something, but ash skins, some places peeled off, yet can see bone...well basically it's just a giant version of the Leader, but with different characteristics to keep them underneath the scary ratio.
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 14221
Special Abilities : Wandless Magic, Seer, Flying, Legilimens

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1356010139

Back to top Go down

Appearance of the Demons Empty Re: Appearance of the Demons

Post by Caelani Bittel Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:09 am

I WANT THE GLORY OF MY FORMER STATION TO SHINE BLINDINGLY FROM MY FLESH.

If you use the christian stories, demons are the fallen angels who rebelled against god. There's a really amazing description of Lucifer in Paradise Lost about how, even though he had fallen to the pits of hell, he was dazzlingly beautiful because he'd been the foremost of God's angels.

I wanna blind people to my true nature before I tempt them to their doom.

Or I wanna pretend to be an innocent little girl.
Caelani Bittel
Caelani Bittel
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Number of posts : 469
Special Abilities : unforgivables

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Thompson Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:18 am

I really don't think we should add religion like appearances to this, as many different people have different faiths and beliefs. It doesn't seem to fit the subject of something along the lines of intimidating if something is beautiful. But that's just my opinion. At any rate, these guys are just meant to be creatures that want to take over the world, using intimidation and fear to help enforce it.
Andrew Thompson
Andrew Thompson
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 3818
Special Abilities : Invisibility

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:24 am

I get the problems there. Although I do like the idea of being able to hide their true form. Not only should they be able to scare people with their appearances, but they should be able to slip into the masses unnoticed and sow seeds of doubt and unease to stir up some trouble before completely showing their true form. Though by the sounds of it that would be a job for the generals and lieutenants while the grunts and bodyguards spread with their strength and creepiness alone.
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 10287
Special Abilities : Occlumency
Occupation : Unspeakable | Beater for the Falmouth Falcons | Deed-Holder of Satan's

https://jackles-feels-feelings.polyvore.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Thompson Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:31 am

Well Generals would be the ones calling the shots, as the Leader would be watching from the sidelines. The Lieutenants though does sound like a good idea of having disguise, but they shouldn't be completely normal though. They should at least look a bit abnormal from the general crowd.
Andrew Thompson
Andrew Thompson
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Caelani Bittel Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:53 am

I'm not christian, for the record. I simply think some tropes are useful for a plot like this.
Caelani Bittel
Caelani Bittel
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Number of posts : 469
Special Abilities : unforgivables

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Potter Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:07 am

I agree with the semi part, some of the higher up demons being able to "Shapeshift," but i think that the leader, bodyguards and grunts should just be demony.

The true form of the demons, in my opinion, should be a terrible, fear inciting form, because it defeats the purpose of them if people can relate to them, same as the DEs are meant to be ruthless, unrelenting killing machines ((Which for some reason they're not on this site)) that people are scared of, and disgusted with, the demons should be the same, this is meant to be something that unites the wizarding world to overthrow them, not something that half the population wants to try and make peace with, or be friends with.

I do like the idea of the shapeshifting though, so it can be a "Your new neighbour could be a demon, granny smith COULD BE A DEMON dun dun duuuun.

And the leader is not going the be staying on the sidelines, i know this because khaat and i are playing it
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 14221
Special Abilities : Wandless Magic, Seer, Flying, Legilimens

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1356010139

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Thompson Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:14 pm

Well that's what I was trying to say. The demons need to be really petryfying to look at and should instill fear wherever they go. But the shapeshifting thing would probably work out well since these things aren't stupid. They would need to plan and document everything they find, in order to be able to attack with success and no chances of casualties or anything. Oh and another thing, they can die, just wanted to kind of point that out.
Andrew Thompson
Andrew Thompson
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:10 pm

I would also assume we should set our online status to hidden? So people have no idea when we're on?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:15 pm

Well regardless if you make yourself hidden or not, there is still something on the Who is Online tab that says who is hidden.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top