I sometimes forget what I miss - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

I sometimes forget what I miss - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

I sometimes forget what I miss

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I sometimes forget what I miss - Page 2 Empty Re: I sometimes forget what I miss

Post by Sophia Granger Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:09 pm

Sophia laughed her tinkling bell laugh laugh at his comment after she told him her cute little quote her mother always told her. Sophia nodded in agreement. "Yeah, that's why I try to be as different as I can even though people don't like at times."said Sophia softly. "I honestly don't can, I am what I am I won't cange for no one."said Sophia softly. "I suppose you'll think I'm more different if I told you I was a vampire?"Sophia asked him softly. "It's quite a long story how I got that way, but I will tell you if your interested in hearing it."said Sophia softly.

Sophia listened to his story and shook her head for she didn't think he'll ever get over doing that when her mother expected her to do everything. "Have you ever told her you can't deo magic freely yet?"Sophia asked him softly feeling bad for him. It was like he was a slave and had to do everything for his family and if it wasn't for him his siblings would probably strave. "What do you siblings do when your at Hogwarts?"Sophia asked him softly. Although she was kindof afraid to find out what they did when he was away from home and at Hogwarts.

"I promise I won't tell a soul, all your secrets you tell me will go straight to the grave."said Sophia softly. Sophia was very good at keeping secrets for she took them straight to the grave with and never told a soul anyone secrets. Sophia nodded when he said weird or not she was unique and different which was a good thing. "Yeah I guess your right, I need to stop tearing myself down alot it will never get me anywhere in life."said Sophia softly. Sophia took another sip of her butterbeer and looked around the empty pub once again and returned her attention back to Rafeael.

Sophia Granger
Sophia Granger
Seventh Year Gryffindor
Seventh Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 11575

Back to top Go down

I sometimes forget what I miss - Page 2 Empty Re: I sometimes forget what I miss

Post by Theodore Rookwood Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:23 pm

(( There's some serious angst in this post. I'm just going to forewarn you, Soph. Wink ))

Rafael’s eyebrows shot to his hairline at her sudden declaration and he grinned at her. “Are you really?” Rafael didn’t know much about vampires at all but he had that silly notion of sparkly, indestructible, arsonphobic pieces of rock in his head thanks to his sister’s fleeting obsession with that Twilight series. Not only had she sat him down and made him watch all of the films but she’d also had him read the books. They were the worst hours Rafael had ever spent reading in his life. He developed an intense dislike for the characters immediately because they were stripped to the bare minimum personality wise. But thankfully Rafael did know enough to establish fact from fiction. Mynah would have been both excited and disappointed to meet a real vampire. Sparkling ones were her ideal creature. “I’d definitely like to hear that story.” He smiled softly and played with a bit of flyaway wood that had been pulled from the table by too many glasses being rolled across it.

Shaking his head, Rafael met Sophia’s gaze. “But I can. That’s the thing. I turned seventeen a while back and because the Ministry officials had explained the Wizarding World to her when they first told me about Hogwarts...she knew. She was quite happy to see how I fended for myself while trying to keep the children in check.” Rafael sighed and lifted his glass to his lips, drinking some more of the golden liquid. He put the glass down and leaned back in the chair, visibly relaxing. “They just go about life like normal as if I was there. They go to school, they eat, get money out of our mother to pay the bills. My sister, Mynah, is in charge and she keeps the boys in check better than I do sometimes.” Rafael smiled wistfully. “We were born thirteen months apart so we’ve got a close bond. For all intents and purposes we’re the parents while are siblings are the children. It’s a good cop/bad cop regime with my title being the latter. I think I’m too hard on the boys sometimes but they get themselves into too much trouble.”

Rafael kept his mouth shut about the situation with Jaret and Nicolai. He decided not to elaborate. Things were bad when he wasn’t there. He was the driving force and he knew it. He was the discipline. Mynah was too soft whereas he wouldn’t take any of Jaret’s crap and he’d shout at Nico when he got out of control. Mynah would never raise her voice to them, never. That was the problem though. It was his absence that meant that Jaret had his own temporary cell to himself at the police station and Nicolai had nearly broken every car window on their estate. They were just boys and he couldn’t keep them under control. No, Raina was his pride and joy. She was the sunshine while the boys were the rain. He loved them all dearly though. As much as he hated his situation, his family’s situation, he wouldn’t have had it any other way because life without them...it wasn’t worth living.

He could feel himself getting emotional, now. Rafael clamped his eyes shut, willing away the irrational tears that were just begging to fall. Too many tears had been shed over the years but not just by him. He had to do the hard stuff. Mynah couldn’t handle the disappointed, heartbroken looks on Raina and Nicolai’s faces when Vanessa left the house, waving excitedly and ignoring the water flowing freely down her children’s cheeks. But they weren’t her children. They weren’t. He couldn’t remember how many times he’d gathered Raina up in her arms and had her sleep in his bed just to ensure that when she woke up she wouldn’t be scared because she was alone. He couldn’t remember how many times he had to consol Nicolai when he was emotionally at the point of no return having broken windows and fences out of pure anger. He couldn’t remember how many times he had to go and forcibly remove an intoxicated Jaret off of the streets and carry him home. She should have done that. Vanessa and their father...they should have been there. But they weren’t and Rafael had long since accepted that. He was the father that had to stay awake into the night and watch his children sleep, their faces full of peace, just to know that they were safe. With him they were safe and that was the bottom line. Apart from Mynah there was no one else in the world he could trust with them and even so, Rafael knew that she was still a child, a baby that wasn’t ready to do the job that she had aspired to do since her brother began to pick her up and kiss her grazes better and not her mummy. So it was just him, alone doing the job he both loved and loathed at the same time. But they were his responsibility, his children. Not Vanessa’s and certainly not Franco’s because they weren’t there. They were never there. They always had something better than what they had already been blessed with.

“Thank you.” He whispered, opening his eyes once more. Rafael blinked back the tears that were threatening to fall and he lifted up the hem of his t-shirt, pulling it up to dab away the liquid that had escaped and pooled on his high cheekbones. “I’m sorry...I don’t usually get so upset. I just...I don’t want to fail them. I don’t want to do what my parents did. I’m scared that every day will be the last day I get to see them because Nicolai has finally pushed our neighbours too far or the police have called social services on the account of Jaret being caught loitering outside Tesco with a bottle of some non-descript alcoholic beverage again.” His lightly tanned hands reached up and gripped his hair. Rafael rested his elbows on the table and he continuously began to streak his fingers through his sandy tresses. The stress, the grief and the sadness was too much for one person to handle. He was throwing all of this at Sophia without even considering for a minute what she must have thought.

School councillors at his old Muggle School had told him that letting people in was therapeutic, that he’d feel better afterwards. Rafael wanted to get to the afterwards as quick as possible because he felt awful. It was as if something was inside of him, ravaging what was left of his sanity and composure. The cracking columns that held up the worry on a silver platter had completely broken and nearly everything had been let out via the storm drains. He just wanted to curl up and die. He should have done something a long time ago. He should have put his foot down. He should have told her that she had to look after them and be the mother she could have been. He should have, he should have, he should have but he didn’t! Why didn’t he? Why didn’t he scream and shout and make a scene when he could have all those years ago. Why didn’t he say something!? Oh yeah, because he was just a scared little boy that didn’t know any better, that didn’t know how to talk to the people that were strangers to him, the people he would have called mum and dad.
Theodore Rookwood
Theodore Rookwood
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Number of posts : 389

Back to top Go down

Post by Sophia Granger Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:54 am

Sophia laughed her tinkling bell laugh when his eyebrows rasied to his hairline. "Yes I really am."said Sophia softly giving him a soft warm smile. "Now before you ask, no I don't sparkle in the sunlight I die from it if I stay out in it for longer then five hours."said Sophia softly. "I am stronger and faster then humans but I'm not extrmely fcast or strong."said Sophia clearing the fact for him. "I know how some of the muggle fictional book like to add some things about us,it's really annoying how people think how we are!"said Sophia softly. Sophia looked at him shocked when he said he would definitely like to hear her story.

"Ok here we go."said Sophia making herself comfortable for the story of how she became a vampire. "Well it all started out in my sixth year I was heading towards the kitchen to get a snack after I gotten finished with my Prefect duties."said Sophia taking a breath to calm herself down before going on. "As I was heading back to the Common Room I gotten stopped by the Head of our house and gotten detention little did I know it was in the forest."said Sophia softly. "So the night of my detention I had found I had to serve detention in the forest I was horrified but I didn't have a choice. I was split up with another student who was out pass curfew as well and we had to take care of some plants in the forest that we used during Herbology."said Sophia softly. So me and my partner were deep in the forest and somehow he gotten ahead and I gotten lost inside the forest. Running through the forest I tried to find my way out and I tripped over a tree root and twisted my ankle, I was trying to get up but it hurted so bad."said Sophia softly. "I thought the vampire was coming to help me but it turned out it only wanted my blood and he told me to be still and it hurt won't one bit if I was still."said Sophia taking a breath to calm herself for she really didn't like telling this story. "I didn't listen for I was scared and I begin to try to fight him off me but he was to strong for me and so he pinned me down and bit me."said Sophia. "The last thing I heard him say before I passed out was I was the most beautiful girl he ever seen and my blood was so good that he would come back for me and I would become his vampire queen, and the next thing I know a woke up in the hospital wing a week later."said Sophia soflty.

"But what about before you turned of age what did you do?"Sophia asked him softly but curiously at the swame time. "Well it's good your sister takes care of them, I would ate for them being alone and not taken care of."said Sophia softly. "Well it seems like you and your sister hold a tightier bond then you to think, you two depend on each other."said Sophia softly. It was kindof like her aqnd Nikki but not quite that way but they still depended on each other more then anything. "Yeah I'm very close to my sister, we never fight about anything."said Sophia softly.

Sophia felt like crying when she seen him cry. "It's ok to cry and just let it all out, it makes you feel better."said Sophia softly. "Besides, it's not good to keep all those emotions bottled up it can lead to a major depression trust me."said Sophia softly. "You won't fail them, your doing a great job being a father/brother to them and I bet they couldn't ask for more."said Sophia softly. " I don't know what to say about the other stuff, other then pray and check on them every now and then."said Sophia softly. "It's ok Rafeael, your doing a great job don't drag yourself down by the littlest misatakes that you can't fix."said Sophia softly.
Sophia Granger
Sophia Granger
Seventh Year Gryffindor
Seventh Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 11575

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top