I sometimes forget what I miss
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

I sometimes forget what I miss Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

I sometimes forget what I miss

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I sometimes forget what I miss Empty I sometimes forget what I miss

Post by Sophia Granger Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:25 pm

Finally a day to herself where she can relax and just enjoy being herself for once. Sophia walked down the streets of London enjoying the fresh air for once seeing how it been awhile since she actually seen it for awhile. Don't get Sophia wrong for she loved working at St.Mungo's and being a healer, but sometimes she wanted some time for herself. "What a beautiful day!"said thought to herself as she smiled warmly at a couple of muggles who gave her a weird look. Sophia walked through the street of London with one thing on her mind, the Leaky cauldron.I know you maybe wondering why the Leaky Cauldron? but Sophia wanted to get a butterbeer there before heading towards Diagon Alley once again to get more supplies for her healing training. Sophia thought her traing was going really well and she can't believe how fast it's going. "I'll be a healer before I know it!"said Sophia happily as the Leaky Cauldron came into view she smiled and entered. Pushing the door opened the bell tinkled above her head but she simply ignored it. "May I have a butterbeer please?"Sophia asked the bar tender softy as he nodded and got her one.
Giving it to her Sophia paid and told him he could keep the rest she walked over towards her favorite booth by the window and sat down.

Once she sat down she took a drink of her butterbeer and looked around for anyone she knew but didn't see anyone. Sighing to herself Sophia looked out the window at the muggles passing by and laughed to herself. Sophia thought it was funny she seen muggles walk by like it was notrhing when there was really something here but only she and other wizards and witches can see. After a few minutes Sophia gotten tired of looking at muggles walking by and deiced to listen to the piano playing softly around the pub. After hearing it for a while Sophia started feeling sleepy but she shook herself awake for she needed to get alot of things done today. Reaching into her mini bookbag she gotten out her book and opened it where she left off and started reading it. Hoping for some company or lease one of her friends to show up she kept on reading to keep herself from falling alseep by the paino music. Yawning to herself she kept on reading and took a sip of her butterbeer not taking her eyes off of her book. "God I never seen this place so empty."said Sophia to herself as she looked around the empty pub. Usually this place was packed no matter what time or day it was which was stange to Sophia to find it so empty.
Sophia Granger
Sophia Granger
Seventh Year Gryffindor
Seventh Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 11575

Back to top Go down

I sometimes forget what I miss Empty Re: I sometimes forget what I miss

Post by Theodore Rookwood Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:09 am

Tapping his pen against the textbook open in front of him, Rafael re-read the passage that he’d been trying to decipher for the last hour and a half. Rafael had been pouring over textbooks and homework since he’d been woken up by his brother that morning and once he’d cooked breakfast for the idiot he’d gotten to work. He had plenty of homework and he also had plenty of housework to do. There was so much that needed to be done – there weren’t enough hours in the day. What was making it worse was the fact that Raina had the telly on full blast in the next room and Rafael could hear Nicolai kicking the football up against the fence in the back garden. Jaret had disappeared after his breakfast, no doubt to go and loiter outside the Co-op. That would be another trip to the police station for Rafael.

The door opened and Mynah walked through the door with the bags for life they’d gotten from Tesco in her hands. Inside was the food that would last them for the next week or so and as usual it would be the two of them cooking for themselves and the other three as well as Nicolai’s friend Graham on Wednesday. Brilliant. Mynah lifted the bags up onto the counter and turned around, putting her hands on her hips and looking pointedly at Rafael. He smiled a little and ducked his head so he was looking back down at the books. He skimmed over the passage once more and resumed tapping his pen against the book. Mynah opened her mouth to speak but the door opening cut her off. Rafael’s nickname was called and he lifted his head to see Raina skip over to the table. She threw herself at him and he caught her easily. He settled her on his lap and kissed her cheek, his eyes returning once more to the passage.

“Rafi,” Raina whispered his nickname in his ear and Rafael looked at her. “It’s talking about Hippogriffs.” She said quietly, pronouncing the name of the half bird-half horse wrong. Rafael looked down at the passage once more and saw instantly that she was in fact correct. Rafael grinned and slammed his book shut. He pressed a soppy kiss to Raina’s cheek and dropped her down onto her feet. Her disgust was evident on her face and he chuckled, ruffling her hair with one hand as he grabbed his jacket off of the back of his chair with the other. Raina stole his glass of Diet Cola and scuttled off back into the living room to resume watching whatever she’d been staring at for the last half an hour.

Rafael quickly walked around the table and pressed a quick kiss to his sister’s cheek and cocked his head towards the door, telling her that he was going out for a while. Mynah rolled her eyes and shooed him away; he was useless when it came to unpacking stuff anyway. He poked his head out of the back door and waved at Nicolai who threw the football at him. Rafael picked it up and threw it back at his brother, bopping his head with it. He heard Mynah tut from inside and he moved back inside. Rafael threw her a cheeky grin and ran out of the kitchen. He ran through the living room and yelled “Goodbye” to Raina over his shoulder before stepping out of the front door and shutting it behind him.

The bulldog on the lawn outside Number 21 raised its head and grunted in Rafael’s direction before going back to sleep. Rafael crossed the road and walked into the park where he found Jaret sitting on a tire swing. He shook his head at his brother and took his wallet out of his back pocket. He made his way over to the teenager who looked at him as if to say “How much are you gonna give me?” Rafael could smell the smoke on Jaret which was never a good sign but he let it slide. Jaret looked at him tiredly and asked, “You got a tenner?” Rafael growled in frustration and fished a worn, crinkled ten pound note out of his wallet and handed it to his brother who straightened it out and held it up to the light before nodding and putting it into his pocket. Clearly he was happy with the presence of the watermark. “Alright, bugger off then.” He commanded. “I’ll be off to the Co-op. Pick me up later?” Sighing, Rafael nodded, knowing it would be another trip to see Mr. Plod.
--
After leaving the park, Rafael caught the Knight Bus that just happened to be passing through the neighbourhood having just picked up an elderly wizard that couldn’t really get to places without a hand anymore. Rafael got off of the odd machine at the Leaky Cauldron. As far as the Muggles were concerned he had come out of an alley way after probably having a sneaky cigarette or something. Rafael crossed the road and headed towards the dingy pub that no Muggle actually noticed. Well, no Muggle bar Raina who always noticed things that weren’t meant to be noticed – giving Rafael more reason to believe that she was in fact magical.

Upon opening the door of the pub, Rafael noticed immediately how empty it was. A couple of men were huddled in the corner around one of the smaller tables with their hands cupped around flat glasses of Firewhisky. Either they were decorations or had been there since yesterday and had yet to leave. Rafael walked over to the bar and ordered a Butterbeer. He sat himself on one of the worn barstools and looked around. He spotted a girl about his age, maybe older, sitting by one of the windows and Rafael looked quizzically at her. He didn’t expect her to look in his direction but you never knew. Rafael took his Butterbeer from the bartender and handed him a few sickles before making his way over to one of tables, incidentally the one nearest the girl.
Theodore Rookwood
Theodore Rookwood
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Number of posts : 389

Back to top Go down

Post by Sophia Granger Sat Jul 31, 2010 4:19 am

The minute the bell tinkled on the door Sophia's head shot up to see if it was possibly one of her friends or someone she knew perhaps. Sighing to herself as she seen a boy about her age walk into the pub and order a butterbeer and took a seat a few tables from her. Looking at him for a second she took a drink of her butterbeer and returned to her book which was rather hard seeing how these two drunk gys were arguing about something stupid. Looking at them and rolling her eyes Sophia sighed and bookmarked her book and put it back in her mini bookbag once again. "God can anyone read in here without being bugged by a bunch of drunk idiots?"Sophia asked herself as she cursed to herself.

It seems to never fails that everytime Sophia wanted to enjoy a good book there was always drunk people in the pub arguing or fighting. Watching the two drunk guys argue she couldn't help not to laugh her tinkling bell laugh as one guy tried to punch the other but miss. Shaking her head and laughing she looked once again at the boy who entered not to long ago, seeing him all alone Sophia walked over towards him and gave him a soft warm smile. "Mind if I join you? you look like you can use the company as much as me."said Sophia softly. Sophia looked around the emty bar and sighed for it wasn't like the Leaky Cauldron to be this empty she wondered what was wrong.

Sophia looked back at the boy and smiled. "Oh so rude of me, I'm Sophia Lestrange Gryffindor Graduate and Healer in training."said Sophia softly. "So are you a graduate or still at Hogwarts?"Sophia asked him just alittle curious. He looked to be her age or maybe a year younger but who reall knew these days to be honest alot of people look younger then they look. "Oh sorry, I'm just blabbering away I'll shut up now!"said Sophia taking a drink of her butterbeer. Sophia wondered if this boy would let her sit with him or he would call her a freak and tell her to bugger off.

Sophia Granger
Sophia Granger
Seventh Year Gryffindor
Seventh Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Theodore Rookwood Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:25 pm

When you dealt with crying, screaming children for seven days a week you really began to appreciate the quiet. Despite the low bickering that could be heard from the men in the corner of the room, the pub was quiet. Only the clink of glasses could occasionally be heard as the bartender returned a clean one to the rack and picked up one that needed a wipe round. It was quiet and it allowed Rafael to sort through his thoughts, think about what washing needed to be done, what food and luxuries they could afford with the money Mynah managed to get from Vanessa and most importantly, how much they’d have for the electric and hot water. It was crazy. No seventeen-year-old should have had to balance so much in their head at one point in time. Rafael might have been seventeen bodily wise but he was an old soul, already an adult in so many ways.

A voice shook Rafael from his domesticated thoughts and he looked up to see a young woman, perhaps his age but maybe slightly older standing above him. The girl from the other table. She seemed completely at ease when it came to talking to a complete stranger. Rafael wanted to mention that he could have been a Death Eater that had been sent there to kidnap her but it was both highly improbable and he was a Muggle-Born, not exactly Death Eater material. He couldn’t help but smile at her. She was bubbly, refreshing and reminded him oddly of Raina. There was no real likeness but just her happiness really. He gestured for her to sit down and listened to her speak a few moments, taking a swig of his Butterbeer as he listened.

Swallowing, he quickly formed the words he wanted to say in his mind and rolled it around in his head a few times before allowing them out of his mouth. “My name’s Rafael. Rafael Armstrong.” Well, that was odd. Once again he proved to be able to speak to a complete and utter stranger without freaking out. A brownie point to Rafi. “I’m actually going to go into my Seventh Year in September so I guess not that long to go until I’m in the real world.” Idly conversation was never his strong point but curiosity made Rafael ask, “How long have you been a Healer?”
Theodore Rookwood
Theodore Rookwood
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sophia Granger Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:59 am

Sophia looked at the boy about her age and smiled. "Nice to meet you Rafael."said Sopia giving him a soft warm smile. "Wow a seventh year in September huh? it will go by fast trust me or at lease mine did."said Sophia softly. When she asked how long she been a healer she smiled. "Well I started my training during my seventh year as my powers to a evil wizard named Ne'Os who is now dead."said Sophia explaining her story how she became a healer. "So... I'll say for about a month or two but I'm still in my training."said Sophia softly. "What about you, what are you planning on doing after you graduate?"Sophia asked him curiously.

Sophia looked around the quiet and quite empty bar and she had to admit ti was rather calming then the noisy over crowded pub it usually always was. Sophia knew she had been talking to a complete stranger while ago, but she felt like he wasn't going to hurt or kidnapped her if he was he would already do it right? Taking a sip of her butterbeer she turnede back towards Rafael and smiled. "So are you ready to go back to Hogwarts? I quite sad I'm sad I'm not going back I loved it there!"said Sophia honestly. Sophia spend seven years of her life there and basically called Hogwarts her second home for years and leaving it was like someone was taking something form her she couldn't get it back. But although she loved being a healer and helping people and not to mention she sees her mother and father more noe then she did at Hogwartds.

Sophia looked outsie the window and smiled. "Such a beautiful day outside."said Sophia loudly to herself but to where Rafael probably heard her. Sophia loved being outside, but she tried to be outside more when the sun is setting that way she doesn't have worry about being out to long. That was a bad thing about being a vampire you can't stay out long without being creamated into ashes. But Sophia loved who she was regurdless of what people thought of her. Sophia was proud of who she was and what she was, if people didn't like her for that then screw them!

Sophia Granger
Sophia Granger
Seventh Year Gryffindor
Seventh Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Theodore Rookwood Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:59 pm

The quiet was a nice change but idle conversation was also something new for Rafael to experience. He’d had meetings with various people over the course of the summer and his acquaintances were usually his peers. This was different, she was different. She didn’t have the protection of Hogwarts like everyone else did. Her time was over so she had to figure out the real world. Rafael didn’t envy her. He already had the world figured out for the most part but that wasn’t by choice. He had wanted to have a small group of friends that he could stick with and actually have experiences. Necessity hadn’t given him the opportunity though. As much as he wanted it, having friends meant that he had to let people in and the more people that knew about his family position the more likely an authority figure was going to find out and Rafael didn’t want that, he couldn’t let that happen.

Sophia was definitely talkative and Rafael liked that. He wasn’t quite sure why seeing as he wasn’t much of a talker but it was nice to have someone speaking that wasn’t trying to pick a fight with him or attempting to tell him about things he already knew. The Wizarding World still amazed Rafael even though it had been seven years since he first entered its ball court and the people native to it were still interesting for him. He was still more or less Muggle. He hadn’t really tried to make himself part of the community or part of the war that forever seemed to be going on. He had wanted no part in it before but he quickly realised how dangerous that was. The Death Eaters still hated Muggleborns. That would never change. Rafael put it down to fear. Their magic had been diluted and broken due to inbreeding where as his came on its own. Humans feared the unknown and always sought to destroy it. It was shocking how alike Muggles and Wizarding Folk actually were.

What was he going to do after graduation? Try to get a job as quickly as possible would be the first thing. Rafael had no idea what he was supposed to do with himself. He’d be a legal adult more or less and he could legally look after his siblings without being rehoused by social services. If he could last the year then he’d be home free and they couldn’t be touched. As long as nothing happened that would forfeit that freedom for them then he’d be fine and he’d cut his mother off from them. He would only depend on Vanessa for so long. The minute he knew for sure he could support his siblings without fail then she was going. If he could keep Jaret out of jail and Nicolai from being chased across their estate by various thugs then they could survive. Authority figure or not, there was only so much Rafael could do for the kids. Raina was the only normal one and she’d start to grow out of her cartoons and turn into a teenager soon. He couldn’t handle that, there was just no way.

“I have no idea.” Rafael replied, only partly lying. “I’ll be looking for a job more or less straight away I reckon. Maybe at the Ministry or something...” Ah yes, desk work. He couldn’t be an Auror that was too dangerous. Maybe working in the Department of Mysteries would be his cup of tea. It would be a lot of researching and book work. That would suit him down to the ground. If all else failed then he’d have to go and ask the corner shop if he could take the night shifts. He’d probably be in more danger behind the counter of the shop than not so perhaps the off-licence. That way he’d only have to deal with rowdy drunks and addicts. “I’m doing the whole year internship thing at St. Mungo’s so maybe I could get a place there working nights or something after graduation.” He shrugged and drank some of his Butterbeer. He hadn’t really put a lot of thought into what he was going to do. He just needed a job with good, stable pay, he didn’t care what he was doing.

Hogwarts was another kettle of fish all together. Rafael dreaded going back to Hogwarts because he knew he was leaving the children defenceless. Mynah had reached boiling point with Jaret she just left the back gate open at night. She had informed Rafael that their brother hadn’t been coming in as late on school nights but nethertheless; he should have been in bed. Mrs. Macready hated Rafael and was always looking for a reason to get him and the boys in trouble. He managed to deflect most of the abuse though and dealt with it himself. Thankfully she actually liked Mynah. Rafael and Jaret were convinced that Macready was their grandmother because both she and their mother hated Rafael. Of course, Jaret’s agreement on the subject was just to spite his brother. Rafael was deadly serious.

“I never really look forward to Hogwarts.” He admitted quietly, his mouth threatening to let everything spill out. “It takes me away from my family. I’m the only wizard so it gets pretty lonely.” That wasn’t as bad as he thought he was going to get but there was definitely an undercurrent of something more in his words, it was as if he wanted to say something else, and he did, but not quite able to let himself say it. Rafael had no reason to spill his guts out to a stranger. He didn’t want to be laid bare and vulnerable to someone ever. He couldn’t handle it. He didn’t want to be that way, to be weak like that. He was a Gryffindor for goodness sake! He was meant to be brave. But really, he just harboured too much worry, worry that was aging his mind and his personality quicker than it was his body.
Theodore Rookwood
Theodore Rookwood
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sophia Granger Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:34 am

Sophia nodded. "Well you still have time to think about it, so don't worry about it right now."said Sophia giving him a soft warm smile. Sophia nodded when he said he was never looking forward to going back to Hogwarts. "Aw... I'm sorry, I wish there was something I could do to help you but I promise to write you almost every day if you like as well as visit you on Hogsmeade weekends."Sophia offered. Sophia really hated seeing people lonely for it made her sad. "Wow... your muggleborn?!?"Sophia asked him in a shock and surprised voice. "Oh wow...that sounded rude, what I meant to say is that I thought you were pureblood or a half blood you act so much like one!"said Sophia softly. "Oh god, not helping! I'm SO sorry if I offended you, it just that I don't have many muggleborns friends as a matter or fact I don't think I have any!"said Sophia honestly.

"I kindof know how you felt though, I lost my real parents n my fifth year in a house fire started by a bunch of death eaters I had to raise my sister Nikki on my own and I never really saw her at school."said Sophia softly. "When I got adopted and was a Lestrange it was the happiest day of my life, I actually felt love and like I had a family again."said Sophia softly. Sophia knew she was spilling her life story to a stanger but she felt like she could tell Rafael anything and he understood. It was weird how you meet a complete stranger and you feel like you known them your whole life. Sophia whole life was changed when she was adopted and it was for the good so Sophia thought. "So do you sometimes wish you didn't get accepted into Hogwarts?"Sophia asked him softly. "Oh sorry, that was nosy you don't have to answer that if you don't want to!"said Sophia softly.

"Sorry I have the worse habits of doing that, I can be so rude and nosy at times."said Sophia softly as she took a sip of her butterbeer quickly. "So what do you like to do for fun?"Sophia asked him softly knowing that was a stupid question. "God Sophia you idiot you couldn't think of a better question then that?"Sophia asked herself cursing. "Oh god here I go babbling, I'll shut up now.'said Sophia softly as she went quite and stared out the window. Sophia sometimes was talking dictionary that never shuts up so she didn't want to annoy him.

Sophia Granger
Sophia Granger
Seventh Year Gryffindor
Seventh Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Theodore Rookwood Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:05 pm

Confusion quickly engulfed Rafael’s face and morphed his expression to mirror the emotion. He didn’t quite understand what Sophia meant. He’d encountered some extremely bigoted people that raved about blood-purity in the Wizarding World but they acted no different than a Muggleborn did when they were around their friends. Rafael knew a fair bit about the Wizarding World but he wasn’t an active part in it, he stood at the sidelines. Knowledge could be gained by anyone who knew where to look, though so the idea of knowledge setting the tone for his blood status was ruled out. “How do you act like a Half-Blood or a Pureblood?” Rafael asked, the sides of his lips twitching in amusement. “I’ll write you back and go to Hogsmeade especially for your visit if you can answer that. Then you would have gained a Muggleborn friend.” Rafael chuckled. It was a low rumble in his chest that left his mouth clearly and the smile that had been teasing his lips appeared with more definition.

The expression softened when Sophia spoke again, this time of her family and Rafael felt an odd connection form with her. She had been in the same boat as he was currently in but she’d found land where as he was manning a ship that wasn’t sailing straight. He understood how she must have felt. They had the same end product but the circumstances that got them there were completely different. Sophia’s parents had died which made her sister dependant on her. His father left his mother and she deserted them so he was forced to take up the parental role. He had no choice and neither did Sophia at the time. He had the opportunity to walk away though. The Wizarding World was his world and he could walk away from his siblings if he wanted to because they weren’t a part of it. But he couldn’t bring himself to do it. The relief would be immense but there was no way in good conscience that Rafael could do it. He could never walk away from them. They needed him, just like Sophia’s sister once needed her.

“I know what you mean.” He said quietly, nodding once. He didn’t plan on elaborating at all. Maybe one day he would. She was probably the only one that would understand. Others would nod and move on but Sophia had an emotional attachment to the situation she had been in. Her mind could take her back to that and she would understand. Anyone else would probably claim they would but have no clue how to deal with the delicacy of it. They would inadvertently be able to add salt to the already open wounds. Someone that had experienced it themselves would not be able to do that because nine times out of ten it would hurt them as well as the person that called their past situation his or her reality.

The sombre mood that had changed Rafael’s expression again faded away and he chuckled once more. He didn’t understand why Sophia thought she was offending him and being nosy. He found her oddly charming and there was nothing wrong with getting to know someone. To do that you had to touch on some of the more sensitive issues. Had it been anyone else he would have tried to deflect the question or given a simple answer ‘Yes’ but with Sophia he felt relaxed and unconsciously knew he could tell her everything, it was just a case of being ready to let someone in like that. “I do.” He nodded. “Magic has made life easier but only marginally. I think with that extra sort of...I guess you could call it a talent, my mother has given me more responsibilities that I don’t want or need.”

That was the truth of it. When Vanessa found out that at seventeen Rafael could use magic at will she completely cut them off. For two weeks they went without electricity. It drove Jaret out of the house and he spent more time in his cell at the police station than ever before, Nicolai broke ten car windows and went on a night rampage of Mrs. Macready’s garden, destroying her gnomes and Raina spent most of her time in her room crying because she couldn’t play her game on the consol that Jaret had found and Rafael had fixed. Mynah had bought at least a dozen packs of candles give the house a bit of light and Rafael was spending what little money he had stashed on hot water and heating. It wasn’t until Vanessa came home for the weekend and she and Rafael had a shouting match in the street did she finally reimburse them and allow them to get what they needed. Rafael may have had a job but there was no way in hell an off-licence clerk’s salary would give them enough for what they needed to live.

“What do I do for fun?” Rafael echoed. When she turned her head away it gave him time to observe her profile. She had very soft features; her skin was tinted slightly but sun exposure but still had the milkiness that every Brit was stuck with due to living in a country that rained whenever the opportunity arose. All in all she was incredibly pretty on her profile, beautiful being a better adjective to describe her. “I used to play the piano when I was younger. Now I don’t really have the time to so I write more often than not and if I get the chance to play around with my sister’s camera then I’ll take pictures. Otherwise it’s writing and cooking is a good challenge. I like trying things new with different ingredients. My youngest sister doesn’t as much though because she’s a picky eater.” He lifted his glass to his lips, taking a sip of the Butterbeer before setting it back down. “What about you?” He asked, his wide smile returning to his face.
Theodore Rookwood
Theodore Rookwood
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sophia Granger Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:51 pm

Sophia shrugged and laughed her tinkling bell laugh. "I don't know to be honest, I guess the way you were sitting and stuff when I first seen you didn't say muggle born for you stood out in the crowd just like any other half blood or pureblood would, not saying a muggleborn wouldn't as well but just by looks you looked that way to me when I fist saw you."said Sophia honestly. "I know silly right, but that''s what I thought but hey I turned out to be wrong it won't be the first time."said Sophia chuckling. "Your different Rafael, which is good I like different it's so much better then being normal."said Sophia softly. "Like my mother always told me when I was little when I wanted to blend in with the crowd be a fruit loop in the world of cheerios."said Sophia laughing her tinkling bell laugh. "I know sill quote, but I use it to remind it's ok to be different for different makes the world go around."said Sophia softly.

As she heard him say he wished he didn't get accepeted into Hogwarts she frowned at him. "I'm sorry Rafael, it must be really hard for you."said Sophia softly. Although Sophia herself knew how he felt when her real parens died, she had to take care of Nikki for almost three years before she gotten adopted and she still does with the help of her parents now. "So your mother makes you do extra work just because you have magic? that's awful!"said Sophia shaking her head. Sophia felt so bad for him that he had so much burdens and responsibilities on him. "Have you ever tried to leave or escape or just try to get away from all that pressure?"Sophia asked him softly.

Sophia looked at his features, he had soft features and his eyes were full of sorrow which made Sophia want to cry just by looking him them. He was very cute or very handsome indeed which would probably make every girl go after him. "Wow... you play the paino? I'll love to hear you play sometimes."said Sophia giving him a soft warm smile. "Wow... I fainlly met a guy who knows how to cook besides my father!"said Sophia laughing her tinkling bell laugh. When he asked what she liked to do for fun she would of blushed if she could but seeing how she was a vampire it was quite impossible. "I uh... um... I... I like to write poems and write my own songs."said Sophia softly looking away. "I also like to if I can make a beat out of the song I wrote by trying it on a piano or a guitar, I also read ALOT and I love cooking and doing new things."said Sophia softl still looking out the window.

"Yeah I know, I'm very weird indeed I get it all the time so you won't be the first to tell me."said Sophia softly as she looke back at him. "I was called very thing in the book when I was at Hogwarts, I was called a know-it-all teachers pet bookworm that nevers shuts up."said Sophia laughing her tinkling bell laugh. "Well that was one of the names my friends called me, but there were so many other good ones and bad ones."said Sophia softly. "Oops...there I go again just babbling like some crazy Lestrange."said Sophia chuckling as she took a drink of her butterbeer. Sophia found it so easy to talk to him for he didn't judge her and they were almost so much alike it was scary.
Sophia Granger
Sophia Granger
Seventh Year Gryffindor
Seventh Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Theodore Rookwood Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:17 pm

Her explanation was odd but it did sort of make sense in a weird way. Rafael knew for sure he wouldn’t have thought of that one. It really did show that individuality could make or break the opinion someone had of another person. But it was easy to decide on something like that by just looking at someone just like some Hogwarts students liked to guess what house a particular first year would be sorted into. It was a common thing to do just like with Muggles they’d automatically stereotype someone or identify a trait the person had. It was human nature. Rafael grinned a little at her quote. Raina watched way too much TV so after a while you picked up some catchphrases from adverts and you’d have some memorised. Granted her quote wasn’t on an advert but she reminded him of one. “Those clever little O’s,” He said, grinning widely. He chuckled and ran his finger around the rim of his glass. “It’s a good motto to live by...a fun way of looking at individuality too. If we were all the same how boring would life be?”

Rafael picked up his glass and drank some more of the Butterbeer. He licked his lips and ran his hand across the table top, tracing his fingers across the grain of the wood as he did so. “I’ve gotten over it.” He shrugged. “She doesn’t come home much unless it suits her purpose so I’m the ‘man of the house’ and she expects me to look after my siblings. If she had her way then she’d leave us in the house without any money to ensure survival but we still manage to get some money out of her for the bills and such at the moment. She thinks that because I can use magic freely that I can support them without her money. That’s really not the case at all. I wouldn’t know where to start if we were cut off completely. And in the midst of all that we’ve got neighbours who want an excuse to throw my brothers in a juvenile detention centre and send myself and my sisters to foster homes. That’s why I can’t walk away from them. I don’t want to really. I guess I want to do right by them and be a better parental figure to them than either of our parents were.”

Realising immediately what he said, the blood drained from Rafael’s face and he ran his hands through his hair, gripping the roots before releasing the sandy tresses all together. “Please don’t....don’t mention that to anyone.” Somewhere Rafael already had faith in her and knew she wouldn’t go around telling everyone something as private as that like others would. He moved the glass around a little bit and kept his eyes on the small droplets of condensation that had formed when the cold glass hit the warm air of the room. He didn’t particularly want to meet her gaze. He had been more or less ranting and it was hideously obvious that he wasn’t over how his mother treated him. He was still so enraged. He couldn’t put on a fake persona when she came home because he instantly lashed out whether verbally or physically but she started the latter as soon as she put her hands to something large and heavy for her to throw at him. The scar on his back was one of his battle wounds as a result of their fights. That’s why there were no ash trays in the house anymore.

Rafael looked up when Sophia started talking about her hobbies and he smiled a little. He raised his eyebrows when she started to...well; more or less beat herself up a bit. Rafael frowned and shook his head. “Weird or not, you’re unique, different. Different is most definitely a good thing, Sophia.” He replied, repeating what she had said to him.
Theodore Rookwood
Theodore Rookwood
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top