We need your opinion - Plot? - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

We need your opinion - Plot? - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

We need your opinion - Plot?

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Do you think we should change the plot

We need your opinion - Plot? - Page 2 Bar_left100%We need your opinion - Plot? - Page 2 Bar_right 100% 
[ 19 ]
We need your opinion - Plot? - Page 2 Bar_left0%We need your opinion - Plot? - Page 2 Bar_right 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 19

Poll closed

We need your opinion - Plot? - Page 2 Empty Re: We need your opinion - Plot?

Post by Belle Fey Potter Sun May 30, 2010 2:29 am

I agree, I like the post potter much better...plus some of us have very in detail personal plots and changing everything would screw a lot of things up I think.
Belle Fey Potter
Belle Fey Potter

Number of posts : 780
Special Abilities : Speaking to Animals, Animagus (Black Wolf)

Back to top Go down

Post by Abbey Dawn Sun May 30, 2010 11:38 pm

I think we should definitely have the plot changed. There's not a lot to do on the site right now, and not a lot for new members to take part in, so I think if we get a completely new plot, everyone's going to be happier and start roleplaying more.
Abbey Dawn
Abbey Dawn

Number of posts : 2143
Special Abilities : Telekenesis, Apparation

Back to top Go down

Post by Ne'Os Emof Mon May 31, 2010 7:53 pm

Well wether or not we move the time era back or forward it wont matter much for Ne'Os as we never really knew how old he was since he had a horcrux. he could be ancient for all we know Razz ((which would explain why he is not the best wizard out there because he would be losing the ability to preform magic.))
Ne'Os Emof
Ne'Os Emof
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Number of posts : 5547
Special Abilities : Wandless magic, Invisibility

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by James Wake Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:39 pm

That would help SOOOOOooo much. I want to know what happened to everybody. It would help us figure what the hell happened, and could go a long way in getting more people to join. Who wants to play an rp about Harry Potter without any of the original characters?

Save Voldemort.
James Wake
James Wake

Number of posts : 1329
Special Abilities : Can understand Werewolves

Back to top Go down

Post by Clementine Lovegood Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:12 pm

I love the post Potter. That way you can actually change what happens. Please keep it that way.
Clementine Lovegood

Number of posts : 2053

Back to top Go down

Post by Elijah Krum Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:42 pm

James Wake wrote:That would help SOOOOOooo much. I want to know what happened to everybody. It would help us figure what the hell happened, and could go a long way in getting more people to join. Who wants to play an rp about Harry Potter without any of the original characters?

Save Voldemort.

Okay, I was mainly looking at the last question. If it's going to be a canon-only forum then we're going to need a lot more canon characters than the bare minimum we have now. There are loads of canon families that were left out. e.g the Baddock family, the Abercrombie family -- to name two.

The only problem with keeping it canon only is that quite a few aspects of the character are controlled like on this site some of the traits are identified. This encourages making originals because the player has a lot more freedom with the character of their own creation. I think if we were to have a canon-only site then we'd have to give them an age range (e.g. 15-19) and their affiliation (DE's, OOTF, PA). That would give a lot more room for the player to have fun with the character.

I was just putting my two cents in there so ignore me if you want Wink
Elijah Krum
Elijah Krum
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 4833
Special Abilities : Occlumens, Parseltongue, Animagus
Occupation : Owner of Eli's Fine Dining, Artist, Deputy Minister of Magic

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Potter Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:21 am

Mmmm, i also don't like the ideas of having more canons.

This is a site based in the HP world, not based on HP, there's a difference in that the world of HP is a world that existed before HP, and after him, so we're more based on the world itself, not the characters.

I certainly like the idea of changing the plotline to victoire starting school, it gives a good starting point.

I also like the idea of just going back a year or two, better explaining what happened with the families etc. and starting the site's timeline again... possibly. The further forward we put it the more we have to explain, the closer to HP we put it the more apparent his existence is, whether he's dead or not, which is why i'd say keep it to our timeline....
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 14221
Special Abilities : Wandless Magic, Seer, Flying, Legilimens

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1356010139

Back to top Go down

Post by Raphael Stravos Valentine Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:45 am

I think there is too many potters
Raphael Stravos Valentine
Raphael Stravos Valentine
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 1898
Special Abilities : Telepathy

Back to top Go down

Post by Elijah Krum Sat Jun 05, 2010 2:16 am

Jess there is something called 'the birds and the bees' -- unless the whole of the wizarding population have all become infertile then I'm sure they would have reproduced... Facepalm
It would be a second generation canon list -- like we have now but expanded quite a bit more...
I do agree with Andy though on the point with the Potters. If you are going to have half-canons then there needs to be a legitimate link to the canon characters. But I suppose it doesn't matter too much anymore as there aren't anymore half-canons being accepted...
Elijah Krum
Elijah Krum
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 4833
Special Abilities : Occlumens, Parseltongue, Animagus
Occupation : Owner of Eli's Fine Dining, Artist, Deputy Minister of Magic

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top