New Poll
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

New Poll Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

New Poll

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

IF you were responsible for writing the ending for the Potter books, would you have made the same choices for the characters' endings?

New Poll Bar_left22%New Poll Bar_right 22% 
[ 13 ]
New Poll Bar_left69%New Poll Bar_right 69% 
[ 40 ]
New Poll Bar_left9%New Poll Bar_right 9% 
[ 5 ]

Total Votes : 58

Poll closed

New Poll Empty New Poll

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:00 am

In the book, J.K. Rowlings makes several choices about who lives and who dies. If you were responsible for writing the ending to the canon, would you have made the same exact choices she did? Why or why not?

Personally, I think I might have chosen slightly differently for a couple of the characters, but overall, I'm happy with it.

What are your thoughts?
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22653
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

New Poll Empty Re: New Poll

Post by Abbey Dawn Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:58 pm

I'm pretty happy with it, but I think I would have changed some of the names of the children. Razz
Abbey Dawn
Abbey Dawn

Number of posts : 2143
Special Abilities : Telekenesis, Apparation

Back to top Go down

Post by Miseria Lupin Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:22 pm

Nope.

I wouldn't kill Voldemort.
Miseria Lupin

Number of posts : 3782

Back to top Go down

Post by Colin Firethorn Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:05 pm

Both good suggestions. I'd have definately left Remus and Tonks alive. I thought their deaths were unnecessary, personally. I think that's part of my attraction to Remus as a character and why I wrapped Khaat around him so closely, tbh.

k.

oh, and yeah, its me, khaat. New charrie. that gives me--what--four? Oh, god, I"m getting like eli. ROFL
Colin Firethorn
Colin Firethorn
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Number of posts : 310

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:22 pm

I will pretend I didn't read that, Khaat. I will be killing off one so I only have five. I am a compulsive character creator and that is not my problem.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Colin Firethorn Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:27 pm

I am SOOO glad you're not in denial about that. LOL
Colin Firethorn
Colin Firethorn
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Number of posts : 310

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:33 pm

As am I.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:34 pm

the twins would end up okay and voldy would die
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingsley Shacklebolt Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:53 pm

Deaths of characters are signs of good authors. Because those authors are realistic. In a battle many die, so the deaths of Colin, Lupin, Tonks, Fred or George and Dobby were all required. If none of the characters died it would just be like a fairytale or worse - Twilight.

Having said that, Harry should of died. I mean, it would make the whole ending way better. Who likes a happy ending after all? Well I'm sure many do but... I don't.

One thing awesome is that Shacklebolt survived.
Kingsley Shacklebolt

Number of posts : 1463

Back to top Go down

Post by Lily Potter1 Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:53 pm

I may of cried when people died and wished they didn't but I do agree that it's more realistic they did. I think though maybe its just me, I really like Ron/Hermione as a couple but I do think they'd kill each other when married. As I said, maybe it's just me. But obviously that's just my Draco/Hermione fangirl daydream talking. I also would have thought there would be more detail to what happened in the future. A lot was left unclear.
Lily Potter1
Lily Potter1

Number of posts : 428

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top