The Ministerial Ball
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

The Ministerial Ball Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

The Ministerial Ball

Page 1 of 26 1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 26  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Ministerial Ball Empty The Ministerial Ball

Post by Jess Potter Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:39 am

Jess walked into the newly restored Ministry for Magic and smiled. The last time he remembered being here the place was a mess. The roof had been missing, and everything had been destroyed. Now he was back he liked the improvements quite alot. They'd remade it into a much warmer looking place, sort of similar to Hogwarts' colouring, certainly much yellower looking, that was for sure. Anyway, the decorations were fabulous of course. There was a large podium covering a section of one of the walls, and more than a few balloons floating around, with an unseen net of confetti above everyone's head. The fountain had been restored beautifully, and was now flowing with champagne of the highest quality, which was creating a very pleasant smell, and sound around the hell.

He shook his head with a chuckle and looked around, trying to determine when the best time would be for the announcement.

Spoiler:
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 14221
Special Abilities : Wandless Magic, Seer, Flying, Legilimens

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1356010139

Back to top Go down

The Ministerial Ball Empty Re: The Ministerial Ball

Post by Matthew Lestrange Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:44 am

Matt walked into the Ministry and grinned, he was out of his crutches yet he still walked with a limp slightly. "Hello Jess..." he said walking over to him. "Nice Tux..." he said looking around. They had done such a good job cleaning it up, well he helped but never really got to admire it until he was relaxed. "Healer said I'd still have a limp for a month or two..." he sighed. "Also have to take a numbing potion every three hours to bring down the pain..." he sighed. He was dressed up himself, a gray tuxedo but with an added flair. Some nice zebra patterned shoes, he grinned and looked around...they had done such a good job. Mari should be getting here soon, he looked around maybe she was here already.

Outfit!
Spoiler:

Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 6872

Back to top Go down

Post by Abbey Dawn Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:55 am

Abbey walked into the huge hall where the ball was being held. She gasped as she looked around at all of the beautiful decorations. She couldn't believe how good of a job had been done on the remodeling of the Ministry after the attack on it. She was wearing a navy blue halter dress and black sandals. Abbey hoped she was dressed appropriately for the occasion; she had only been to the masquerade ball at Hogwarts, not one this big. She looked around to see if anyone else had arrived yet, but the hall seemed pretty empty. Finally, she spotted Jess and Matt talking to each other at the other end of the room. Abbey walked up to them. "Hey guys." she said, smiling nervously. "Do you think I'm dressed alright?" she asked, smoothing down her dress.

Spoiler:
Abbey Dawn
Abbey Dawn

Number of posts : 2143
Special Abilities : Telekenesis, Apparation

Back to top Go down

Post by Willow Ashers Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:05 am

Willow walked into the big hall that held the Ministerial Ball. She tugged at her dress a little, fixing it at the top. She was wearing silver stilletos and silver jewelry that sparkled with little diamonds when struck by light a certain way. She smiled at the thought of her image, hoping she looked as pretty as the thought in her mind as in real life. She then spotted Abbey walking over to Matt and Jess. "Hey guys! What's up?!"

Spoiler:

Last edited by Willow Ashers on Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Willow Ashers
Willow Ashers

Number of posts : 736

Back to top Go down

Post by Abbey Dawn Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:09 am

OOC: Woah, you're up!? And I really wanna see you're dress, but the picture isn't showing up!

Abbey noticed Willow walk over, her blonde hair waving behind her as she bounced over. "Hey Willow!" she said, giving her friend a hug. "Long time no see! Do you think my outfit's okay?" she asked. People were probaly going to get annoyed with Abbey for asking about her dress so much, but she wanted to look nice for such an important event.
Abbey Dawn
Abbey Dawn

Back to top Go down

Post by Cody Aarla Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:13 am

Zack walked out of a fireplace looking slightly green from the trip. He wore a Black suit with Silver trimmings. He looked around in amazement the ministry looked amazing the descriptions in books he read about it werent like this. His Gaze fell on the fountain it seemd to be flowing with Champange. He wondered what it would taste like. He would have to find out at some point. He also wondered if Godric would be here.

((Sorry the pic is so big))

Spoiler:

Last edited by Zack Uhlry on Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Cody Aarla
Cody Aarla

Number of posts : 90

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:14 am

Alexa walked shyly into the Ministry, looking at the ground. She had never really been too fond of balls. Or, any sort of dancing for that matter. But her mother had insisted that she went, so, here she was. She was wearing a knee length red dress with tied straps on her shoulders. Her shoes were flats that covered her heel and nothing else. She had no jewelry, and her hair was brushed and down. Not wanting to draw much attention to herself, she walked over to the fountain, and sat down on the edge, making sure no champagne would get on her.

Spoiler:
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sophia Granger Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:15 am

Sophia walked into the hall where they were holding the Ministerial Ball and gasped as she looked around. The place was done so amzing and it looked fanastic in her opinion they really outdid themselves. Sophia walked further into the hall as her black and white dress dragged across the floor as she walked. Sophia knew it wasn't much but she love it anyways, her hair was down in elegant curls that went down to her back and she had a sliver bracklet with a long diamond necklace and her silver locket her father gave her. As she seen Willow and Abbey she smiled at them. "Hey Willow and Abbs, you to look so pretty!"said Sophia softly.

http://www.partycloz.com/PromDressesP0116.html
^ dress and look

Last edited by Sophia Lestrange on Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Sophia Granger
Sophia Granger
Seventh Year Gryffindor
Seventh Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 11575

Back to top Go down

Post by Willow Ashers Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:15 am

OOC: yeah lolz. and i no i fixed that!Smile

Willow gave her bestie a hug then smiled, looking at Abbey's appearance, her immediate reaction after her question. "Yeah, I mean, it IS black tie, so it's supposed to be ball gowns, but it does look cute! You'll definately stand out!" She quickly added, "In a good way I mean!" Willow glanced down at herself. "Do you like my dress?"
Willow Ashers
Willow Ashers

Number of posts : 736

Back to top Go down

Post by Abbey Dawn Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:20 am

"Wow, pretty dresses, both of you guys!" Abbey gushed, smiling warmly. "Yeah Willow, I know my dress is so short, but you know me and ball gowns....we just don't mix." Abbey said, laughing at herself. But she wanted to stand out, so this was a probaly a good dress to pick. "Sooo...do you guys have dates?" she asked.
Abbey Dawn
Abbey Dawn

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 26 1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 26  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top