Getting away from things...
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Getting away from things... Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Getting away from things...

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Getting away from things... Empty Getting away from things...

Post by Sophia Granger Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:29 am

Sophia was sitting by the lake just looking at it thinking about alot of tings that an through her mnd alot lately. Sophia was confused about alot of things seeing how he was getting her memory slowly back to her. Sophia was so glad it was the weekend and she had no classes for it was more stress on her to remember things. As the wind rustled through her hair she still didn't move or shiver one single bit for the cold doesn't bug her for she's a vampire. Alot of things Sophia was trying to figure out like her nightares she had every night and the flashbcks in her head. Sighing she ran her hands through her hair and kept them there for it seemed to help her think alot lately. Sophia was glad no one was out by the lake but it was a pretty chilly cloudy day out and everyone was probably inside due to the weather.

Sophia looked at the sky nd sighed for tat was exactly how he felt right now so cloudy with memories she didn't know but so gray for everything was black and white to her wih no color. All Sophia knew she was depress over memories she didn't know and wanted to know. Sophia wanted her memory back so she coud remember her friends and family. Sophia felt like a turtle without a shell, of course everyone knew her but she didn't know them which annoyed her. As Sophia looked back at the lake her eyes glued to it and started being lost in her thoughts once again. Thinking about how it would be if she gotten her memory back she smiled at the thought of it.
Sophia Granger
Sophia Granger
Seventh Year Gryffindor
Seventh Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 11575

Back to top Go down

Getting away from things... Empty Re: Getting away from things...

Post by Jonathan Hardcastle Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:17 am

Jonathan was sick of everything in the castle. The stone walls which held him captive, the bold and rather ugly tapestries that were strewn about everywhere, among many other things were increasing his need to get outside. Closing the book from which he was reading, a small book on the history of wandmaking, he stuck it into the pocket of his robe. He strolled over to the window in the Ravenclaw Common Room and looked out onto the grounds. The view alone was intoxicating. He quickly made his way down the stairs and out of the castle.

Cool wind greeted him, nipping at his nose playfully. There weren't a great number of students out at the moment, which was something he was grateful for. He had never been a fan of crowds; in fact he detested them. He scanned the grounds for a familiar face but settled for a familiar backside. He recognized one of his friends, Sophia. Jonathan didn't really know her all that well but she was always very pleasant and had a soothing aura. He walked up beside her, trying to make a lot of noise so that he wouldn't frighten her. "Hey Sophia," he greeted with a smile, hoping it wasn't too strange for him to just walk up to her and start conversation. "How are you?"
Jonathan Hardcastle
Jonathan Hardcastle

Number of posts : 85

Back to top Go down

Post by Sophia Granger Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:10 am

Sophia jumped alittle at the voice but turned and smiled when she saw it was Johnanthan one of her friends in Gryffindor with her. The only reason she knew Johnathan was because he was in the same house with her and the same classes as her. "Hey Johnathan I'm doing ok I guess, would be better if I could remember everything but it's useless!"said Sophia sighing. For the last couple of days Sophia felt like she was living a life that wasn't hers at all but someone elses. "So what are you doing out here? Your going to get sick being out here!"said Sophia softly as she looked at him and shook her head laughing. "Anyways, how are you Johnathan?"Sophia asked him giving him a soft warm smile.

Even though Sophia haven't known him for awhile Sophia feels like she could talk to him about anything and he understands her. Sophia knew it sounded stupid and lame but it was the truth and sometimes she needed to talk to someone other then her family, not that they were not good to talk to but some things she rathered not share with them. As the wind rustled through her hair she smiled for being outside calmed and relaxed her almost as being lost in a good book. "Good thing the lake is pack today, I hate it when it's so pack you can barely even think!"said Sophia rolling her eyes. Anyone who knew Sophia would know she hated crowded places with a passion and tried her best to advoid them as much as possible.
Sophia Granger
Sophia Granger
Seventh Year Gryffindor
Seventh Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Hardcastle Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:24 am

Despite his best efforts not to frighten her, he seemed to have done so anyways. How horribly forgetful he was. He had almost forgotten that the poor girl's memory had been erased; forcing her to try and collect all of the pieces of her life. He couldn't even begin to imagine the horror that would come from forgetting everything and everyone. "I'm sorry," he replied, although he knew he had nothing to apologize for. "Has it been getting any better?" Hopefully that wasn't an insensitive thing to ask. He chuckled when she worried about him getting sick from the cold weather. "I have enough meat on my bones to keep me warm; I'm more worried about your health at this moment," he teased. Though she didn't seem to be cold at all while he was shoving his hands in his pockets in order to generate some warmth. It was rather odd actually. "I'm doing well though, just trying to focus on school for the time being," he commented, though this probably wouldn't surprise her. He'd always been that kid who put his school work before anything else.

The two of them had a good yet somewhat distant friendship. They didn't necessarily hang out frequently but they had always gotten along famously when they did. She was one of the few people whom he felt he could come to if he ever found himself in a sticky situation. Though he rarely found himself in many horrible situations; which he was thankful for on many accounts. He chuckled as she complained about crowded areas. He could definitely relate. "I know. Its bloody annoying when you can't even hear yourself think," he added with a laugh. Knowing that she was on the Quidditch team he asked, "So how's Quidditch going these days?"
Jonathan Hardcastle
Jonathan Hardcastle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sophia Granger Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:39 am

"Hey don't be, it's my own fault really I shouldn't had crossed the line with Ne'Os maybe he wouldn't had done what he done."said Sophia softly. Sophia shrugged when he asked if it gotten any better. "Well some of it, I can remember how I gotten this way and I know my own name and stuff like that but as for knowing anything else it's hopeless Johnathan."said Sophia sighing. "I feel useless Johnathan, I don't anyone or anything!"said Sophia softly. Sophia laughed when he said he had enough meat on his bones to keep him warm and he was more worried about her health. "Oh you don't have to worry about me, being a vampire I'm always cold!"said Sophia laughing. As her eyes widen as she told him she was a vampire she looked away from and looked at the lake. "So you know my secret I bet your probably scared of me, I don't blame if the shoe was on the other foot I would be.'said Sophia softly.

Sophia knew not many people knew she was a vampire which was good for she thought they didn't need to know. Sometimes Sophia wished she was human at times for she missed being warm and feeling her own heartbeat. She hoped Johnathan won't think bad of her now seeing how she was a vampire and she just told him she was. Sophia was still Sophia no matter if she was a vampire or not and she acted human more then anything else. As she looked at the lake she expected him to back away from her or even run away in fear but she haven't seen him move from what she saw.
Sophia Granger
Sophia Granger
Seventh Year Gryffindor
Seventh Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Hardcastle Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:52 am

"There's no need to blame yourself for what he did," he replied in attempts to console her. "There's absolutely no excuse in the world for him doing what he did to you." There was some anger in his voice mainly because of the injustice of it all. How could someone do that to a girl who was as sweet as Sophia? It just didn't make sense. He felt a surge of pity when she began talking about how useless she felt due to not remembering anything. "Well, you can't be expected to just pick it all back up at once. That would be unheard of." He hoped that his words were encouraging rather than disheartening but he couldn't be sure. The next words that came made his jaw involuntarily drop. He immediately closed his mouth as he tried to digest what she had just told him.

A vampire? Sophia? When had that happened? Though part of him was initially scared at this, he tried to think about it rationally. She wasn't going to suck his blood or something, she would have done so already. He had no reason to be scared of her. She still had to be Sophia...she was talking and acting like her usual self. He looked at her with a rather serious face, "No. I'm not scared of you." He shifted his weight onto his right foot, "But when? How?" He had so many questions.
Jonathan Hardcastle
Jonathan Hardcastle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sophia Granger Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:24 am

Sophia nodded when he said she didn't need to blame herself for what he did to her. "I know Johnathan but what he said to me I can't help not to think he was right, maybe the only reason I am popular is because I'm a whore!"said Sophia softly as she held back tears. Sophia laughed when he said she couldn't expect herself to pick up everything and that would be unheard of. "Yeah Landon told me the same thing, although I wish that could happen I wouldn't be stuck in this mess I'm in!"said Sophia softly. Sophia looked at him when she seen his mouth close and his jaw drop and couldn't help not to giggle at the sight of him. "It's ok Johnathan, I won't bite you... ok maybe just alittle but it won't hurt much."said Sophia teasing him. "I'm kidding, I will never hurt or bite you I'm not that kind of person."said Sophia softly. Sophia giggled when she seen him shift his weight onto his right foot.

When he asked her when and how she looked at him and sighed for she really didn't like telling the story how she gotten bite. "Ok do you want the long version or the short one?"Sophia asked him softly as her chocolate brown eyes looked at him. "I don't mind telling either one, I just don't want you to get bored of it so I'm letting you pick."said Sophia smiling.Sophia looked at him and laughed. "Mhm of course your not Johnathan, I can smell fear on you."said Sophia laughing and smiling. "I'm still the same Sophia you met, I haven't changed one bit other then you know I'm a vampire now!"said Sophia.
Sophia Granger
Sophia Granger
Seventh Year Gryffindor
Seventh Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Hardcastle Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:44 am

Jonathan looked at her with an aghast expression. Hopefully she didn't truly believe the words which she had just spoken but the softness of her tone led him to believe that she quite possibly did. He gave her a rather stern look, one which he had not necessarily meant to give, "Oh come on Sophia. You're popular because you have a good heart and you're friendly to everyone. What's not to like?" he asked rhetorically. He hoped his words would have a soothing effect though he had never been very good at saying the right things at the right time. He smiled at her next words. "Well yeah, I can understand why you'd like to," he replied with a laugh. "I doubt I could be of much help with your memories but if there's anything I can help you with, you know you can come to me, right?" he asked, hoping that she knew she could. Though he didn't really see how he could be of much help in this sort of situation. He laughed heartily at her joke, "Ah, you couldn't even if you tried. I could take you on," he joked right back. Of course he didn't stand a chance against a vampire - that was just common sense.

He gave her a reassuring smile, "Oh, I'm sure that you don't need to worry about my being bored," he told her honestly. How could he get bored when she was telling him how she became a vampire? It could hardly be a dull story. "Well, I guess the long version if you don't mind. But honestly, if you're not up to it, the short version will suffice just fine," he told her with a smile. He was awfully curious but he could understand why telling that story may not be one of her favorite pasttimes. He chuckled, "I know you're still the same. You just happen to be a vampire now...no big deal."
Jonathan Hardcastle
Jonathan Hardcastle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sophia Granger Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:10 am

Sophia nodded and looked at him and gave him a soft warm smile. "Thanks Johnahtan, you laways know how to cheer me up."said Sophia. Sophia laughed when he said he could understand why she'll be like that. "Oh really can you? I would really like to hear this!'said Sophia teasing him. At his next words she nodded. "It's ok Johnathan your helping by talking to me, and of course I know that sill!'said Sophia smiling. Sophia laughed when he said she couldn't if she tried. "Oh I could Johnanthan, but I'm not that type of person I at lease control my thrist before it happenes."said Sophia softly. Of course Johnathan knew they both knew he didn't stand a chance against her but they were having fun teasing each other for the heck of it. When he said he wanted the long version she nodded. "Ok, but it's rather long I must warn you."said Sophia laughing and taking a deep breeath.

"Ok here we go."said Sophia making herself comfortable for the story of how she became a vampire. "Well it all started out in my sixth year I was heading towards the kitchen to get a snack after I gotten finished with my Prefect duties."said Sophia taking a breath to calm herself down before going on. "As I was heading back to the Common Room I gotten stopped by the Head of our house and gotten detention little did I know it was in the forest."said Sophia softly. So the night of my detention I had found I had to serve detention in the forest I was horrified but I didn't have a choice. I was split up with another student who was out pass curfew as well and we had to look for a dead unicorn for one was attack and they thought it was the Centurs attacking them."said Sophia softly. So me and my partner were deep in the forest and somehow he gotten ahead and I gotten lost inside the forest. Running througg the forest I tried to find my way out and I tripped over a tree root and twisted my ankle, I was trying to get up but it hurted so bad."said Sophia softly. "I thought the vampire was coming to help me but it turned out it only wanted my blood and he told me to be still and it hurt won't one bbit if I was still."said Sophia taking a breath to calm herself for she really didn't like telling this story. "I didn't listen for I was scared and I begin to try to fight him off me but he was to strong for me and so he pinned me down and bit me."said Sophia. "The last thing I heard him say before I passed out was I was the most beautiful girl he ever seen and my blood was so good that he would come back for me and I would become his vampire queen, and the next thing I know a woke up in the hospital wing a week later."said Sophia soflty.
Sophia Granger
Sophia Granger
Seventh Year Gryffindor
Seventh Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Hardcastle Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:06 am

He returned her smile before replying, "Hey, what are friends for?" He laughed as she joked around with him. That was one of the most comforting things about their friendship. Despite the seriousness of any topic, even things like losing her memory or her becoming a vampire, they were always able to joke around and keep things light. Though if the conversation called for seriousness, they could do that as well. "Well maybe understand was the wrong word," he joked back. "Perhaps I should have said that I could imagine how difficult it is?" He thought that sounded about right. Her smile was rather contagious and he couldn't help but return it. "Good. I didn't know if you had forgotten that too," he teased. Though he wasn't sure if that was an inappropriate joke or not. It might still be too soon to be making too many jokes about her not having a complete bank of memories. Though she knew him well enough to know that he wasn't trying to insult her in any way shape or form. He chuckled, "Yeah, I know you could kick the snot out of me if you really felt like it. But I also know you won't do it," he added with a lopsided smile.

Jonathan listened to her story with the utmost attention. The poor girl had really been through a traumatizing experience and though he couldn't relate to it, he could empathize with her. He couldn't imagine going through all of that, let alone being a vampire. He awkwardly started, "Wow, that's, that's quite a story." After a pause he continued. "That's really horrible. I can't believe that had you running around the Forbidden Forest for a detention. That's ridiculous." He had never heard of that sort of thing before and was shocked to hear of it now. However, the story was full of much more shocking events. "Sorry if this is too personal but do you know who it was that bit you? Has he tried to come back for you?" He knew he was being nosy but he felt as though these questions were imperative.
Jonathan Hardcastle
Jonathan Hardcastle

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum