stress relief
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

stress relief Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

stress relief

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

stress relief Empty stress relief

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:22 am

Khaat was getting a rare migraine. She felt the need to escape all the unpleasant pressures around her lately and go off to be by herself. She envied the Hogwarts students for a change. She usually liked being a grownup, but today, she wished she was 15 or 16 and had a really good excuse to be rebellious and rude and antisocial.

So she had simply left St. Mungos in the middle of the day, took a muggle newspaper and had gone into the Leaky Cauldron. She had desperately wanted a Firewhiskey, but now with her father working at St. Mungo's, she knew better. She ordered a cup of coffee and was sitting at a table working through a very difficult crossword puzzle in order to distract her mind from a mental list of irritations she had and to help her relax.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22653
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

stress relief Empty Re: stress relief

Post by Aminia Lestrange Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:37 am

Ami hadn't been off of school grounds except to the Malfoy manner in a while, she was craving a butter beer and only know of one place to get it. As she stepped into the Leaky Cauldron she smiled softly. There was only one other person in there besides the bar tender and her self. Khaat, she thought the woman's name was, she had been briefly introduced to her at Hafiz's house warming.

Instead of wearing her normal slytherin robes, Ami had decided to wear her dark jean mini with a black shirt and dark jean jacket, and her black knee high boots.

She walked over to the bar and ordered herself that butter beer that she craved, then walked over to the lady, "Mind if I sit?" she was already pulling the chair out, "It's Khaat right?" she asked before taking a drink.
Aminia Lestrange
Aminia Lestrange

Number of posts : 1198
Special Abilities : Nonverbal Magic, Occlumency, Apparation, Leglimency

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:45 am

"Yes," Khaat smiled, glad to see a friendly face, and actually glad it was a student. She was bored with grownups. They were boring her today with their politics and problems. "Have a seat. And you're ..Aminia--right? Good to see you again. Since I'm not teaching at the moment, I don't get a chance to see students much anymore, and, honestly, I really miss it. I like teaching. It's a shame they don't need me there right now. So--how are things going with you right now? Your studies and things are going well I trust?" When the server came, she refilled Khaat's coffee and delivered Aminia's butterbeer. Khaat paid for her own coffee and left enough to pay for Aminia's butterbeer. "My treat. You don't know how glad I am that you are a student and not another adult. I am so bored today. I feel like I need some fun somehow. "
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Aminia Lestrange Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:58 am

Ami laughed, so many questions. She hadn't really interacted with adults except again for at Malfoy Manner, and they all seemed so immature, then the teachers at Hogwarts, all they wanted to talk about was school and homework which bored her half to death.

"Correct. But please call me Ami. It's nice to see you as well, just to refresh my mind you were at Hafizdeen's house warming?" Ami wanted to make sure she knew exactly where she knew her from, or it would bug her.

"I've noticed that they cut down on a lot of teachers, but I didn't know you were one of them, as for studies, things are tough, but I can't expect any less for my last year, right?"

Ami noticed the server and was just about to pull some money out when Khaat paid for it, "Thank you." she smiled bigger, "As for everything else, I don't have time for much, this is the first time I've been able to get out and away from the school since the start of the year." Ami chuckled a little, "I don't think I have heard an adult claim they are happy to see a student before."
Aminia Lestrange
Aminia Lestrange

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:12 am

"Yes, I was at the housewarming," Khaat smiled. "And I'm just a sub at Hogwarts right now. I did some subbing for Jess Potter for Charms this term, but it was only a short thing. I work full time as the director of St. Mungos. I'm trying, right now. to make it look like it belongs in the current decade instead of a hundred years ago. Its been a big job. I'm remodeling, redecorating, adding better health care for wizard families. all that stuff. And I do like all that--I really do. But a director's job always has a lot of politics to it, and personally, I think politics are pure nonsense. If more women ran the world, we'd have far less problems.

"As for being glad to see a student, I love students. I have a housefull of teenagers. I adopted a 15 year old this year, and I have 2 other homeless teens living with me. Sometimes I think I was created to take care of teens. My guess is that, as we speak, 2 of my teens are continuing converting my basement into a huge hangout space. I gave them free reign to do whatever they wanted down there--well, almost anything.

"And, as for your studies, you're right. The last year is the toughest. But hopefully it is the best. When I was there, I remember my last year as the best--at least when it comes to which year I learned the most. Hey, when we finish here, let's find a muggle CD shop. I'd like to take a selection of current CD's for my teens in their new hangout space. I don't want to get them what I like--that just would not be cool." She laughed.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Aminia Lestrange Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:50 pm

Ami nodded, "I just had to make sure, because if that was not the place it would bug me until I remembered." she smiled, "Sometimes the subs are the better teachers than a full time teacher, If you're a sub than you don't have to deal with the rebellious students all the time. As for charms, I never took the class but I did see you around the school"

She raised a brow, "St. Mungo's, I've been trying to apply for an internship there. I'm sure no matter how tiring it get's to remodel it all, it will all pay off in the end. To see your work a hundred years from now.

"As for politics..." Ami shook her head, "I know nothing about it. Not my cup of tea! I'm not sure if we would have less problems, but either way I would rather see a women run the world, give us a chance at things.

"It must be hard, I know how my brother, sister and I get along,
(I added sister in there because of Ell Ami's Twin) Once I get out of Hogwarts and get a good paying job, I plan on adopting. Teens can sometimes be the easiest, they're past..." Ami smirked, "Okay not all of them are past their rebellious stage, but some of them are.

"I've wished our house had a basement, but it doesn't, we have the back yard to be our hang out."
Ami laughed. "Not as fun but it works.

"And, as for this being my best year it is, the thought of being out of Hogwarts soon is the best thought. I'm not saying I don't like it, I'm just saying seven years there is long enough.

"Do you know exactly what type of music they listen to? I don't have just one preference, I listen to anything and everything." Ami took a long drink of her butter beer, her craving was now satisfied.
Aminia Lestrange
Aminia Lestrange

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:48 pm

Well, I think they're a lot like you. They listen to everything too. I am trying to establish an intern program at Hogwarts. I will definately keep you in mind if I get it off the ground. I think that would give you a lot of great opportunities. For example, my father, Robert, just joined the staff. He loves teens--like me. Well, he loves kids, period. And he is a potionsmaster, and a Master Healer. There arent many of those in England right now. It would be a great learning opportunity for someone like you to learn a lot.

"Oh, and by the way, I am going to be opening a bistro in Diagon Alley soon. I'm going to need servers. Maybe you'd like a job as a server, or a prep cook or a hostess or something? Or learn them all and become indispensible." Khaat laughed.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Aminia Lestrange Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:52 pm

Ami laughed, "Sorry, I don't mean to laugh, but I just never have been told by an adult that I listen, as a matter of fact my family tells me I never listen, and I need to start. I think having an Internship would be an amazing opportunity.

"It must be nice to work with your father, I don't see much of my parents, they are never home when I go to visit. Kids can be great, you just know how to handle them.

"Your father, what is his name? He sounds like an amazingly experienced man. I would love for some one with his skills to take me under their wing and teach me. I like to learn different things, but I guess it just depends on what it is."

Ami laughed, she had never talked so much in her life, she was normally a quiet person, "I would absolutely love that. I haven't worked since last year, the place I worked closed down, and I've been completely lost with out the extra work, I will do what ever you have open!" She smiled and finished her butter beer.
Aminia Lestrange
Aminia Lestrange

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:11 am

OOPS!: Posted under robert and not khaat. Sorry!

"My father is Robert. Robert Lupin. He's also a certfied muggle pharmacist. He's probably forgotten more stuff than I will ever know," Khaat smiled. "And he would like working with you too. I think you could learn a lot from him about healing, potions, wandless magic, all sorts of things. He is also a very capable fighter if he has to be. He doesn't like to do that, but he's probably one of the most capable wizards around in a great many areas. And, yes, when the restaurant opens, I will be happy to save a server position for you--or whatever you think you might like. I plan on serving fresh gourmete quality meals, fresh cooked--not conjured, and all made with the best seasonal ingredients. "
Robert Lupin
Robert Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 3100
Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Aminia Lestrange Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:38 am

((lol it's okay))

Ami laughed, "It all sounds very good. And I would love to be a server. Potions. Say no more. I think that is my favorite class, it's sad that they've gotten rid of it." Ami smiled as she played her empty bottle.

((-Pouts- Short, I know. lol))
Aminia Lestrange
Aminia Lestrange

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top