Playing for tips
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Playing for tips Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Playing for tips

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Playing for tips Empty Playing for tips

Post by Andrew Thompson Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:56 pm

Danny sat on the edge of a small wall holding an Ibanez Limited Edition JS20S Joe Satriani 20th Anniversary Signature Model eletric guitar. Since muggle technology wasn't allowed at hogwarts, he had used a charm to help with electricity. He strummed each note almost flawlessy messing up on an occasion. He wore his plain white jacket with the eagle on it, his blue jeans, black and white Convers All-Stars, a brown cap to keep his head warm, and a small black pick that helped him strum the guitar.

Load up on guns and bring your friends he sang almost at a whisper
It's fun to lose and to pretend
She's over-bored and self-assured
Oh no, I know a dirty word
Andrew Thompson
Andrew Thompson
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 3818
Special Abilities : Invisibility

Back to top Go down

Playing for tips Empty Re: Playing for tips

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:04 pm

Khaat came across the young man as he played the muggle guitar on the street. It made her smile to see someone else that was interested in muggle things. She almost laughed at how he had adapted it to be acceptable in the wizarding world. Khaat paused to listen. She liked all kinds of music, but was partial to muggle music. When he finished his song, she smiled at him, "Well done, young man. And nice job on that modification, by the way."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22572
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Thompson Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:11 am

Danny looked up tearing himself away from his guitar and looked at the person that just showed. "Thanks," he said with a grin "do you play? And have I seen you around before?"
Andrew Thompson
Andrew Thompson
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:21 am

"No, " she smiled regretfully. "No to both, I suppose. I'm Khaat--Khaat Lupin. I'm one of the substitute teachers at Hogwarts. I grew up in a little village where we had just as many muggles as wizards, so I grew up around some guitars and bands and things, but I didn't learn to play. I spent a lot of time with magical creatures, and doing spells and such.

"I havent' been around here in a long time. I...took an absence. But times have changed, and I didn't have a choice. It was time for me to return. But tell me about you, young man. Obviously you're interested in music. I presume you go to Hogwarts. What else are you interested in?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Thompson Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:26 am

Danny shrugged. "I'm into a lot of things," he said starting to tune up his guitar again. IT kept falling apart for some reason. "Mostly muggle world things. Including weaponry.And did you say you're a Lupin?"
Andrew Thompson
Andrew Thompson
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:15 am

"I am," she smiled, "Remus Lupin was my uncle. He and I were very close. I..still miss him. I guess that's why I left, and, ultimately why I came back. Well, I guess we have some things in common. I love muggle things too, and I specialize in Defense Against the Dark Arts. Sort of a hazard when you're raised by Remus Lupin, I guess." She laughed. "Maybe we'll end up on the same team doing some sparring or something sometime. I somehow think you could either hold your own or certainly make somebody else think twice."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Thompson Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:23 am

"I could drop someone if they weren't looking," he smiled almost boastingly "if they saw me, well let's just say they wish they hadn't. And I cant believe you related to Remus Lupin. Guys a legend."
Andrew Thompson
Andrew Thompson
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:48 am

She laughed warmly, "I like you. At least you don't give me the typical, 'Oh.. are you a werewolf?' bit. Most people I meet are afraid because they think I'm a werewolf too. Yeah, I loved my uncle a lot. I think that's what made me come back. If Voldemort hadn't killed him, I'd have had a lot more time with him, to learn and to just be with him. I guess I want any followers of Voldemorts to realize that the Lupins are far from dead and gone and are still a significant force to be reckoned with. You know, I can either give you a few sickles if you're trying to earn some Christmas cash, or, if you like, if you're hungry, I'll conjure you up what my uncle liked best--his version of what he thought a 'real American burger and fries' was. Your choice."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Thompson Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:52 am

"Well I'm just out here playing for just the joy of it," he said "yet I like the burger option."
Andrew Thompson
Andrew Thompson
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:31 pm

"No sooner said than done," Khaat smiled. She drew her wand from her cloak, opened her left hand and conjured a covered plate into it. She lifted the red cloth napkin to show him a large burger on a toasted onion bun, with melted sharp cheddar and mozzarella cheeses, crispy smoky bacon, Italian tomato slices, crisp butter lettuce, spicy English mustard, and a little swish of mayonaise. It was accompanied by Belgian crispy fries with a dipping sauce of carmelized garlic and carmelized sweet onion blended together with a bit of seasalt for balance. "When Uncle Remus thought about American burgers, this was his idea of what he thought they were like," Khaat said. She handed him the plate and waved her wand one more time to produce for him a tall bottle of cola. "And of course, he believed no burger was complete without a cola. It's all yours, my young friend."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum