Magical Abilities - Page 7
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Magical Abilities - Page 7 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Magical Abilities

Page 7 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Magical Abilities - Page 7 Empty Re: Magical Abilities

Post by Miseria Lupin Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:05 pm

LOL, I was almost dancing when I read your post, Darren. XD
Miseria Lupin

Number of posts : 3782

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Thompson Sat Dec 26, 2009 3:16 pm

Name: Danny Thompson
Ability Desired: Occlumency, Non-Verbal Magic, Animagus(Snow Wolf), Talking to Animals
How your character got this ability:
Animagus: During Dannys time before going to Hogwarts, his grandfather had tried to show him how to change his physical appreance to a certain animal. Yet no matter how many times Danny had tried to shapeshift, it had ended in failure. But during his 4th year, he finally had enough strength to transform into a Snow Wolf.
Talking to Animals: Since DAnny was young, he always had the ability to talk to animals. He had never understood why yet he had always kept it a secret from others. Yet one day, he found out from his mother that his grandmother had possessed the same power and it only skipped a generation leaving Danny to be the heir of the power. Since he could talk to animals, he always had no problem getting through Care of Magical Creatues and he enjoyed it.
Andrew Thompson
Andrew Thompson
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 3818
Special Abilities : Invisibility

Back to top Go down

Post by Miseria Lupin Sun Dec 27, 2009 6:16 pm

Name: Miseria Manson
Ability Desired:Parseltongue
Actually, Miseria was borned with this ability - to talk with snakes. Her parents are mostly thinking that it is inheritable. (Some of her relatives have been in Slytherin and one of them have had Parseltongue) This ability came out when Miseria was visiting her aunt who had Boa snake for her pet. And at the same time when her parents and her aunt were in the kitchen, having some tea, Miseria went to watch this incredible animal for whom she felt something in common. She sat near the aquarium and looked at the sleeping boa what was mostly ignoring her. Sighing quietly, she put her hand upon the glass and looked at it.

“You must be lazy“ she said. Well, she was only six years old and she called most of the people lazy who ignored her or didn't talk to her. Rolling her hair around her finger, snake suddenly had raised it's head and shaked it. Miseria's eyes went big when she looked at the Boa, wordless. Bud since her parents have told her not to have this great imagination, she already knew that it was useless to call them. She didn't remove her hand from the aquarium, but she also didn't look away but stared at him. “But why aren't you talking with me?“ she asked, scowling even more.
Miseria like any other child loved all this attention and in her family they gave it. Mostly after her accident when she was transformed into a werewolf. When snake didn't answer, not even with a nodd, she finally stood up and opened the aquarium. “Come here...“ she said quietly. It was like snake had understood her and crawled on her hands and then on her shoulders.

Although he had a lot of weight, Miseria could stand straightly. But on the next moment she heard scream and she turned her face to the door. Her mother was standing there, shaking all over her body. Yes, she also knew that her mother was afraid of animals who could eat her alive. “Mommy! I can understand it!“ Miseria said, but no one listened to her. Her aunt came into the room and saying nothing, she took the snake and placed him back to the aquarium. Being sad that she could't come back and talk with this snake anymore, they left.

The second time when Miseria was using her Parseltongue was again at her aunt's house. This old Boa has been dead for three years from now and her parents came for a birthday. House was full of guests and one of them gave her aunt a new snake, again boa, although, it was little.
“Miseria, care to take him into the next room? I will be there in a second,“ her aunt asked. Him, yes. She nodded and took this little snake on her hands, smiling again. She had already forgotten about this little incident with her last snake and was happy when she could hold this little animal!

Running trough the room and passing all those guest who barely looked at her, she made it to the next room. There it was – the same aquarim what her aunt was using! “So, this is your new home,“ she said to a snake. When she had transformed into a werewolf, it was almost like a habit to talk with animals, althouhg, they didn't even understand her. Snake raised it's head and nodded. Miseria smile widened when she replied. “Are you happy? Do you like it?“ she asked, walking around the aquarium. It reminded more the glass cage, not home. Snake shaked it's head and Miseria sighed:“Yes, I wouldn't like to live here, too, but hey, she will raise you and you'll become one big and strong snake,“ she tryied to make snake feel more confident. But hey, she was eight years old! Her fantasy was great enough to talk with animals! This time she didn't have any reply and she placed him into the aquarium.
“I'm sure you'll like it here. Wait until you get to know her better,“ she smiled. Snake nodded again.
“I knew you'd agree with me, because -“ she couldn't finish her sentence because she heard a loud sigh behind her.

Turning herself around, she saw her aunt and mother, who had this kind of expression like she would faint right now.
“Miseria! You're hissing!“ her aunt said in disbelief.

Little add: Since It was written, some of Miseria's relatives were in Slytherin. And 200 years ago was one of her ancestors first one who could use the Parseltongue. Though, he wasn't the evil type, he used this ability to shock people and get what he wants. But after he's death (he only lived 50 years. He was killed in a little house by spell), no one in this family had this ability until it was shown up in Miseria.

Last edited by Miseria Manson on Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Miseria Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post by Darien de Ramiére Sun Dec 27, 2009 7:03 pm

Name: Alice Taylor

Ability Desired:Parseltongue, Leglimency, Occlumency

Parseltongue.

Alice was born with ability to talk with snakes. She didn’t knew it before she turned 7 years old. She understanded, that she can talk with snakes day after her birthday.
His uncle came to visit her, to congratulate her. He missed his flight to England in the right day, that’s why he was late. Uncle Jack had present to Alice. It was little snake, bright green. Alice was very happy after she opened the box. She has always liked snakes, but she never had seen them. Only on pictures, because her parents didn’t wanted her to get hurt or something. Jack’s snake wasn’t poisonous, that’s why Alice didn’t worryed when snake bit her.
Soon, few hours later, Alice was alone with snake. She started to talk with it. She asked things like „Are you hungry?“. At first snake didn’t answered. Then Alice took a book from her table and started looking for names to snake. She afforded many different names, but snake shaked it’s head. Alice didn’t noticed this, but she flinched, when she heard snake talking. „My name is Necron,“ it said.
When Alice turned 12, she started looking, who from theyr family was able to talk with snakes. It was hard work, but Alice didn't gave up and finally found out, who from she got this ability. In her tribe was a woman, about 300 years ago, who was able to talk with snakes. In her family this ability reached to Alice by womans, because this woman, Lyca, had only one daughter and for hundred years none of them hadn't child, who was boy. After 100 years borned first boy, but Alice is related with Lysa only by womans.

Leglimency and Occlumency.
Alice was 10 years old, when her mother thought, that she should learn Leglimency and Occlumency. Occlumency, because her mother didn’t wanted somebody to read Alice’s thoughts and Leglimency because some day maybe it’s good, when Alice can read somebody’s thoughts, when it’s necessary. Alice learned quickly and now she can read thoughts and protect herself from other people, who can read minds. Alice has never used Leglimency evilly, because she knows, that mind is place, where people can be safe and when somebody will break in there, then it’s like breaking in persons home, or like reading people’s secret diaryes.

I hope, that it's enough. =)
And, sorry, when there are mistakes.

Last edited by Alice Taylor on Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Darien de Ramiére
Darien de Ramiére
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Number of posts : 601
Special Abilities : Parseltongue, Legilimency

Back to top Go down

Post by Anastasia Cherenkov Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:43 pm

Name: Anastasia Cherenkov
Ability Desired: Animagus, Seer
How your character got this ability: Ana learned Animagus from her mother who was also an animagus and she taught her. Ana inherited the ability of a seer from her grandfather because it skipped one generation and she ended up with the ability of a seer. The ability of the seer was passed down through generations, only her mother didn't get the gift of being a seer.
Anastasia Cherenkov
Anastasia Cherenkov

Number of posts : 337
Special Abilities : Animagus, Seer

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Thompson Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:18 pm

Miseria: Accepeted but I need you to please make sure how many generations back down it was from. It is a VERY rare abilitiy.
Alice: I need you to write how your ability got passed down. Also Legimency is a very powerful ability that most people cant use. Occlumency is accepted.
Ana: Accepted both.
Andrew Thompson
Andrew Thompson
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Miseria Lupin Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:23 pm

Danny, I will edit my post then and will explain about that, then.
Miseria Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Thompson Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:28 pm

Actually gotta make a change sry ><

Miseria: Sry but another admin explained that you cant have two rare abiliies.
Alice: Accepted but you have to explain on how your family was able to get it.
Andrew Thompson
Andrew Thompson
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Miseria Lupin Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:30 pm

Rare ability? Which one of mine is rare ability?
Miseria Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vincent Majere Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:32 pm

^ Telekinesis.
Vincent Majere
Vincent Majere

Number of posts : 836

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top