Not a Fan Fic ~The Dream~
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Not a Fan Fic ~The Dream~ Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Not a Fan Fic ~The Dream~

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Not a Fan Fic ~The Dream~ Empty Not a Fan Fic ~The Dream~

Post by Samantha Burns Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:15 am

This is not a Fan Fic, even though I'm not sure what a Fan Fic is. But this is a story that I wrote myself. I just wanted to know what you guys think about it. So just say what you think about it, be blunt and truthful. Thanks.

~The Dream~

The wind is blowing and the sky is dark. A man is driving down an empty highway with nothing but farmland in sight. It starts to rain with lightning and thunder. "This is just great, all I wanted to do is get to my meeting, I better pull over and look for somewhere to stay for the night." Tom says to himself, pulling the car over to the ditch and looking around for any sign of life in the distance. He sees none so he decides to go to sleep in his car. He lays down and nods off to sleep.

Curled up in a ball, he suddenly hears a crack of lightning and jultts straight up. He looks around and sees that he is parked in front of a dirt road. Another crack of lightning lights up the night sky and he can see a house in the distance. He turns on the car and goes backwards then pulls into the dirt road.He goes slowly down the dirt road as to not get stuck in the newly formed mud. After a moments drive he finally sees the house. He then parks the car a few feet from the house and turns off the cars engine. He then sits for a moment thinking to himself. 'Maybe I should just turn back around and continue driving.' But then another crack of lightning scares him and he jumps out of the car.

He runs up to the door and starts pounding on the door. He hears nothing for a moment so he pounds on the door again. Suddenly he hears this thud, slide, thud, slide. He could only think the worst. Then the door slowly creaks open and this old man with a peg leg is standing in the entrance. "Yes, may I help you?" the old man replyes. "Yes, it's really raining out here and I was just wondering if I could stay here for the night?" Tom asks the old man. The old man says to him in a rather exsitedly scarey voice, "Yes, yes, of course, come right in."

Tom walks into the house looking around to see what he has gotten himself into, but before he could take a good look around or even make a second thought, the old man closes the door behind them. Tom then takes a good look around, seeing that the house looks like its from the 1930's. It's like nobody has ever refernished the place. "Come sit, I'll get you a sandwitch and some tea." The old man says. "Oh, that would be great." Tom replys walking over to a chair near him. While he is waiting he looks around the sitting room that he is in seeing, a wall full of painted pictures, another chair and a coffee table. Beside him is a phone, he gets excited, but before he can even pick it up, the lights go out.

Tom hears the old man call from the kitchen saying, "Just light the lantern that is next to you. On the table." Tom feels for the lantern next to him and almost knocks it over. He finds a match taped to the side and takes it off. He then uses the table to light the match and uses the match to light the lantern. The lantern makes the room look even erier. After this the old man walks back into the sitting room with a tray full of sandwitches and a tall glass of tea. Tom stands up and takes the tray from the man putting it on the table. "Thank you!" Says the old man sitting down in the other chair.

Tom sits back down taking a few sandwitches and the tea and scarffing it all down. Tom never realized how hungry he realy was. After he finishes Tom looks over at the old man and realizes that he had been watching him the whole time. To make the oddness of this go away, Tom stricks up a conversation with the old man. After about an hour they had talked about most of the things guys talk about when first meeting. Finally the conversation comes to an end with Tom asking the old man if he likes hunting. The old man says that he does and that he has all of his guns up in his room. To Tom this is odd, but to every man his own.

Tom leans back in his chair yawning. The old man sees and stands up, "You must be famished. Come with me and I will show you where your room is." Tom stands up picking up the lantern and handing it to the old man and following him. While going up the stairs Tom hears the same thud, slide, thud, slide. Tom finally follows the sound realizing that it was the old mans old peg leg. Tom doesn't want to be rude so he forgets it and continues up the stairs. Finally at the top, Tom sees three doors. At the first Tom smells the worst smell a human can bear. Then at the second he hears a bunch of scratching and some whining. Then finally at the third he smells a decaying and the light is on. But the old man passes all three and goes up another flight of stairs.

Finally up the last flight of stairs, the old man leads him to the first door of this floor. The old man stops in front of it and pulls out a giant ring of keys from his pants pocket. To Tom, once again, this seems odd. The old man takes a second to find the key and then opens all five of the locks on the door. Tom is shocked by how many locks there are on this door. He thinks to himself, 'Why would anyone need that many locks on a bedroom door.' The old man walks into the room puting the lantern down on a table next to the bed. Tom walks in, and the old man goes back to the door. "For your saftey I'm locking this door. Good night." The old man says, then closes the door and locks all five locks.

Tom doesn't know what to say so he sits down on the bed, finally feeling how tired he is, and falls fast asleep. In the dead of the night Tom hears a moaning and a screaming. He jumps out of bed and follows the sound. It is coming from the tiny closet on the opposite side of the room. Tom kneels down and looks through a crack in the floor. Tom then realizes he is directly under the third room from the second floor. He can see a man tied to a chair, and scratches all over the mans body. The only thing Tom can think is to jump down there and help the man. So he starts prying at the floor. It comes up quite easily and Tom jumps down into the next closet.

Tom runs over to the man in the chair, he starts trying to pull off the ropes. But the man in the chair grunts "No!" at him. Tom stops, looking up at the man in shock. "Why not? Your hurt." Tom replys. "The old man will be coming back. He will see you. You must hide." The man in the chair slowly moans out. Tom then hears the thud, slide, thud, slide, coming from down the hall. So he rushes back over to the closet and closes the door. Tom can hear the bedroom door opening and the old man entering. "I heard you talking to someone. Who was it? Where are they?" The old man screams. Tom could only hope that the old man doesn't look in the closet.

The man in the chair moans to the old man, "There is noone here and you know it." The old man grunts and then walks back out the door, locking it. Tom waits a few more seconds for the old man to go farther down the hall, then he opens the door and goes back out to the man in the chair. Tom starts to undo the ropes and the man in the chair doesn't complain. Tom finally gets them all of after a moment and the man hits the floor. "Oh my, I'm so sorry." Tom says then picks the man up. Suddenly the door is banged open and the old man is standing in the door way, with a bunch of dogs on leashes. "Get him!" The old man screams at the dogs and they start ruming.

The only thing Tom can think to do is to reach for the lantern and throw it to the floor. As it crashes to the floor the dogs make a hurt sound and run out of the room. "Nooo!" Screams the old man, and Tom drags the man from the chair with him to the door. Tom can see the old man running after the dogs. Tom walks out of the room with the flames crawling behind him. Finally he gets to the stairs and starts walking down them. He gets to the bottom of the stairs and hears the dogs coming after him again. Tom drags the man as fast as he can towards the door, finally reaching the front door just as the dogs reach him. He closes the door just in time. He can hear the dogs scratching at the door.

Tom drags the man from the chair to the car in the rain. He opens up the bag door and helps the man into his seat. Tom closes the door and runs to the drivers side and jumps in. He looks up in time to see the top half of the house in flames. Tom reaches for the ignition and trys to start the car. After a few trys it finally starts. Tom puts it into reverse and drives backwards down the muddy road. He gets to the road after a moment and drives as fast as he can down the road. The car is silent and filled with the man from the chairs decaying smell.

Tom drives and drives till he sees the light of day. Finally out the right side of his car, he sees an empty gas station. Tom pulls into it seeing a payphone. Tom turns around and tells the man that he will only be a second. Tom gets out and runs to the phone. He dials 911, and tells them everything and where he is. Finally after a good half of an hour the cops show up and they pull up into the gas station. Tom tells them everything, then tells them about the man in the car. They walk over to the car, open up the door and then look inside. The cop comes back over to Tom and says, "I'm sorry sir but there is not man in the back of your car." Tom runs over to the car, pulls the door open, looks inside, and sees nothing. Nothing but the blood from the mans cuts. The cop comes over to Tom and asks him the tell him what the man looked like. Tom tells him his desciption, and as he is the cop starts backing up farther and farther.

"Whats wrong officer?" Tom asks the cop. "I'm sorry, but the man that you are talking about is a known crimal from these parts. He disappeard a few months ago. You are lucky to be alive." Tom's jaw drops. Then he remembers the old man and the house. "Can you please send a man out to the old mans house and see if he is ok?" Tom asks the cop. The cop nodds his head yes and goes over to his car. After about an hour the cop comes back over to him and tells him that they never found the house or the man or even the dirt road. The cop rolls his eyes at Tom then makes him get into his car and continue driving away. Tom can not believe what he is hearing or seeing. So he trys very hard to just focus on the road and continue driving, but he can not help but look in his rear view mirror. Tom screams and makes the wheel jerk and flips the car making it explode and Tom dies on impact. Suddenly the man from the chair comes crawling out of the car and walks away laughing evily.

~The End~
Samantha Burns
Samantha Burns
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Number of posts : 3982

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top