James Potter?
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

James Potter? Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

James Potter?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

James Potter? Empty James Potter?

Post by Guest Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:41 pm

Well i was just gonna ask what happened to his side of the family as they probably would have been a better suit for harry. I thought about it and i dont know much about james i know he was a good seeker and an order member and was friend with Lupin and them but we dont know if he was a strong wizard and other stuff like we do about his mother so anything on James potter post it here
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

James Potter? Empty Re: James Potter?

Post by James Wake Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:11 pm

Well, the remainder of James' family were all Death Eaters, so Dumbledore decided that Lily's family was a better fit.
James Wake
James Wake

Number of posts : 1329
Special Abilities : Can understand Werewolves

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:21 am

Oh did not know that, but that is very interesting.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Jemma Tiquelle Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:51 am

LOL!!
James' family weren't Death Eaters.
James was an only child.
James' parents were dead (old age).
Lily's side were more closely related (aunt, uncle, cousin) than some distant cousin three times removed or anything, so it made more sense.
Plus Dumbledore knew that Lily sacraficed herself for Harry. This made the protection of love which Harry has in his blood. As Petunia is Lily's sister, Harry would continue to have protection whilest living in her house. If he lived somewhere else random, the protection would be broken. He needed to be able to call a place home, somewhere that Lily's family's blood lived on. Excluding himself.

James Potter? Qw9nLyk
~ enjoying her sixties ~ divination professor & head of hufflepuff ~ single ~ seer ~
~ biography ~ thread tracker ~

Set made by me. Want one? Accepting requests here.
Jemma Tiquelle
Jemma Tiquelle
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 6601
Special Abilities : Seer, Occlumens, Apparation and Astral Projection.

http://www.zazzle.com/magicalmalteaser*

Back to top Go down

Post by James Wake Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:20 am

No that wasn't my point. You see, even though James' was the only child, it would've made more sense to ditch Harry with a wizarding family, right? Seeing as he was a wizard and all. However, the majority of James' closest relatives were all Death Eaters.

However, due to Lily's love/protection-stuff, her side of the family was the better fit. As it is, Harry's Mother's blood also flows through Petunia and (ugh) Dudley. The protection will apply in their home better than in any wizard family's/
James Wake
James Wake

Number of posts : 1329
Special Abilities : Can understand Werewolves

Back to top Go down

Post by Alice Longbottom1 Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:46 pm

Dumbledore specifically left Harry with muggles to protect him. Again.
He wanted Harry to grow up away from the world of wizardry, and fame.
Fame for something he can't even remember.
I think McGonagal specifically mentioned it in the very first chapter.

P. S. It doesn't make any sense for James' family to be death eaters >.<
Alice Longbottom1
Alice Longbottom1

Number of posts : 473

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Guest Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:45 pm

Okey you all have very good info.... I like that.... i didn't much about James before.... thnx
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:11 am

Selwyn Thorfin wrote:JKR said James' family was an old wizarding family who'd almost died out. His parents had him (James) late in life, and had died before Harry was born from a wizarding disease. Harry couldn't be left with James' family because there was nobody to be left with.

Also, Lily's family was a better choice in any case because they were muggle, and nobody would suspect that Harry Potter would be left with a muggle family.

I totally agree
indeed
nice info
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top