NEW UPDATES: Read!
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

NEW UPDATES: Read! Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

NEW UPDATES: Read!

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

NEW UPDATES: Read! Empty NEW UPDATES: Read!

Post by Darren Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:19 am

Forumotion yesterday released a new update. Though it isn't really a great update and doesn't at all fix the previous problems, it adds several new features.

The Login Pop-up button
: You might have noticed when you came that a login button popped up? This is a new feature which enables easier log in and registration. Its also useful for welcoming new guests. I'm going to edit the message on it after some time.

Points System
: I haven't activated this yet, but the point of it is when someone posts they get an extra POINT. For everyday since your registration you get 1 point. and for every RP post you get 1 point. Old posts don't count unfortunately. Posting in classes and other specific places gives more points than others. I figured we can also use this points thing in diagon alley to purchase some stuff. Since old posts dont count you all have ~100 points. So ill change them all to according how many posts you have.

Reputation System
: This is a lot like KARMA on other forum boards. You can give a user a negative or positive point 3 times a day. Don't give people points or take for no reason. I haven't activated this either

Advanced Profile: Profile has been improved... slightly.

PA also has a couple changes.

The graphics we were going to change but some Admins didn't really help...

The layour has been changed just slightly. Character is now smaller and Educational Decrees now has some subforums

Mods have been sorted out.

A class notice board has been added to help you find new classes with less difficulty.

The Educational Decrees section has numerous information topics to ease confusion. It also has guides for teachers.

Ranks and Jobs have been sorted out and new have been added.

Classes have been sorted out and the COURSES thread allows you to register to classes you want to go to.
Darren
Darren

Number of posts : 22273
Special Abilities : Wandless Magic, Leglimens,

Back to top Go down

NEW UPDATES: Read! Empty Re: NEW UPDATES: Read!

Post by Mariana Diggory Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:37 pm

I read the points thingy over and over again and can hardly understand.
Mariana Diggory
Mariana Diggory

Number of posts : 16276

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:00 am

Mari, it's just like Money system in many sites. See for every 1 pot you get 1 point, and for every RP you get another 1 point. But at the start you'll get 100 because old posts don't count. But Darren says he will change the points to how many posts you have. Example: Me = 4039 posts = 4039 points. Simple! And with those points you can purchase things at Diagon alley. The points will be subtracted from your account once you but anything.
Founder

Number of posts : 4824

https://www.pottersarmy.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Mariana Diggory Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:54 pm

LoL I don;t think I got even 1 point on my 10700 posts so sounds like a fairytail to me.
Mariana Diggory
Mariana Diggory

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:55 pm

Rolling Eyes

you have 10752 points.

Anywho, isnt it so nice that so many members read this? ><
Darren
Darren

Back to top Go down

Post by Mariana Diggory Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:58 pm

The only way to MAKE members read daily prophet in near future is to SPAM their PM box with this so MAYBE on the end they will start reading it.
Mariana Diggory
Mariana Diggory

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:01 pm

bleh, i know, but i cant be bothered..
Darren
Darren

Back to top Go down

Post by Mariana Diggory Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:02 pm

I will be bothred when I find out how to send same message to all site users.
Mariana Diggory
Mariana Diggory

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:03 pm

well thats easy. You PM, then select (all members)..
Darren
Darren

Back to top Go down

Post by Mariana Diggory Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:05 pm

Let me see if I got that and P,S, All users means ALL users!
Mariana Diggory
Mariana Diggory

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top