A Birth day - Page 98
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Birth day - Page 98 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Birth day

Page 98 of 100 Previous  1 ... 50 ... 97, 98, 99, 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Birth day - Page 98 Empty Re: A Birth day

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Thu Feb 01, 2024 1:39 am

Ruby listened and laughed at the story Marcus told then nodded "Thank goodness for Jack, all right" she said to Marcus then laughed " oh we can't have that, that's my job." she said and smiled to Angus with a chuckle. " but for now I'll let Marcus do that, I'll be back in a moment with the bason" she said and chuckled as she headed down to the kitchen.

Finding the basin she half filled it with warm water and draped a towel over her arm as she carried it up to the room " here we go I brought a face cloth and a towel you can use" she said placing the bowl down on a small table at the foot of his bed then laying the towel next to it with the face cloth laid over the side of the basin.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 4190

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Feb 01, 2024 2:12 am

"I have too many people that are entirely too willing to do that," Angus said dryly. Marcus laughed.

"Thank you, Ruby. I'll take care of it," Marcus said. Carlo had seen Ruby heading upstairs with the basin, and he certainly knew what it was for. He picked up a clean pair of pajama trousers and took them to the bedroom and knocked lightly on the door. He opened it just a crack and motioned to Marcus. Handing in the trousers. He had hoped to get the clean trousers there so that they could continue his bath.

"Grazie, Carlo," Marcus smiled. Marcus helped Angus with a bath and clean trousers. He took one of the towels and heated it for a hot towel treatment, and while Angus was trying to just enjoy the hot towel, Marcus brought his own straight razor and gave Angus a real shave. That had helped Angus to shut Suzanne out of his thoughts for a few minutes.

It was just as Marcus was finishing that Rosaria arrived with clean sheets. When she came in, she immediately saw that Marcus had taken care of the bath, a shave, and clean pajama trousers. Rosaria wasn't sure how to change the sheets, though, with Angus still in it. Marcus had learned from Andrew, though, how to manage it without uprooting Angus from the bed. Marcus showed Rosaria how to do it, and she was thrilled to learn it. It didn't take more than a moment to learn to take the old sheets off and put new ones on one side of the bed and then have Angus shuffle a little to the clean side, while Marcus let Rosaria finish the job by taking the old sheets off the other side and putting the new sheets on. When the job was done, Angus looked at her.

He told her how much he appreciated her cooking all his favorites, doing all her extra things to make him feel better, and then he mentioned that she and Carlo hadn't had a holiday and hadn't seen snow. He asked her if she and Carlo might consider coming home with the rest of them to England for a week or two for a holiday. She was surprised, and she didn't have any words for a moment, and then she broke into a wide smile.

She readily agreed, and then thought about the perishables in the fridge. Angus said he'd tell Evan about them and told her to pack a bag for cold weather for her and Carlo so that, perhaps, tomorrow, they could all go home. She nodded, and she hurried out, almost bursting with excitement.

"As good as they have it here, that is one of the nicest things they've probably had offered to them in a long time," Marcus smiled. "Well done, you two. I think she's genuinely thrilled, and I'm sure Carlo will be too."

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22660
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Thu Feb 01, 2024 2:26 am

Ruby saw Carlos with the clean Pyjama bottoms and sighed "Thank you Carlos , I kina hand my hands full" she said and chuckled stepping out she headed to the quiet room of Caprices and picked up the book that sat there and sat reading this time finishing the book and pacing it back on the shelf. Feeling they had to be done she walked back up to see Marcus shaving Angus and so stayed quiet. " he looks cleaner and relaxed" she said smiling to Angus " I got a new bed for home , its hydraulic so you can raise it and lower it yourself until you can move on your own, this one can stay here, no harm in having two beds, and yes its downstairs by the fire from what Aria told me".

She smiled to them " oh and Jessie sorted the pantry and fridge out, there's fresh stock so were good when we get back" Looking at the bowl " hum looks like you could have been climbing that tree again" she said seeing the dark dirty water in the bowl. She picked it up and carried it downstairs emptying the dirty water down the sink.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Feb 01, 2024 2:41 am

"Thank you, Ru," Angus said. "I do appreciate that."

"I told him you were not going to let him lay in his chair night and day for the next week or two," Marcus said. "I think having a hospital bed here is an excellent thing just in case. After all, as big as the Donohue family is, I'm sure he is not the only active member in it. And putting the new one downstairs by the fire is perfect. He won't be isolated upstairs in his room. He will be closer to family that way."

"Is that a nice way to say I'll be in the midst of six kids and eight adults and a dog?" Angus asked.

"Yep," Marcus laughed. "And if you aren't in the midst of it, you'll miss it."

"True," Angus admitted.

"Not to mention, you would not be happy if you couldn't see and hear what was going on, in case Suzanne moves again on you or your family," Marcus said. "You need to give that piece of it to us for a little. Do all the watching you want, but we'll do the sparring, thank you very much."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Thu Feb 01, 2024 3:03 am

Ruby returned to the room and heard Marcus chuckling " I know you do dear, oh imaging the crick you'd have sleeping in that thing, nope not on my watch" she said with a chuckle as Marcus continued then nodded " oh he would love being in the centre of it all, I know the kids would love being able to be around you more" she said smiling "and Marcus is right you looked after us now we look after you if Suzzanne comes around" Ruby looked to Marcus as she smiled " I'll ask Robert if there's any more info from Paris yet" she said " I doubt the will be yet but I can ask." she added knowing it would put his mind at ease.

Aria ad Jesie finished their game and Jessie won the last game but Aria was ahead by one. " okay thats enough , take awalk around the gardens would you please" she asked and Jessie looked up at her chuckling seeing the face she pulled .

"sure ned to stretch my legs any way, and its close to me taking my potion too" he stood up and walked to the front door and headed out for his short patrol. Aria placed the pieces back in their spot and chuckled as she placed the queen down.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Feb 01, 2024 3:18 am

Robert came up and saw the door open and Ruby and Marcus talking with Angus.

"I just passed Rosaria and Carlo talking in probably the fastest Italian I've ever heard. They're like two kids on Christmas Eve," Robert said. "Let me check your shoulder and see how it is. I need to make sure it's still draining in a healthy way." He came over and clipped away the gauze and removed the dressing. Marcus could see it clearly, and to him, it looked truly gruesome. "Good," Robert said. "I expect it to drain quite a lot of serous fluid because of the kind of wound it is and the location its in. It looks very good. You have more swelling than I want, so I might try a magic wrap on it tonight. I think if we're very careful and we don't wrestle you around excessively, we might be able to try to move you home tomorrow. Have you ever ported with a major suture before?"

"No. Cant' say that I have."

"Hm. I see," Robert replied.

"I see? What does that mean?" Angus asked.

"It means that you know how much you're whipped around while you port, right?" Marcus asked. "Rather liked being sucked backwards a tornado and chucked out again. He's saying you should brace yourself that it's going to hurt like a sonofa-biscuit."

"Fun," Angus said sarcastically. "I'll manage. Just take me home."

"I'd feel better if you waited..."

"No. Take me home or I'll port myself there."

"No you won't. You can't even manage to put your slippers on...."

"I'll go barefoot."

"Not my point."

"Just take me home."

"So be it," Robert said. "I'll plan on it tomorrow, then. Perhaps after breakfast if that works for you."

"It does," Angus replied.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Thu Feb 01, 2024 3:26 am

Ruby saw Robert enter and stood back while he checked Angus's shoulder " Aria could help hold him, I'm sure with her time at the ministry she's had experience with porting with injured people" she said chuckling when Angus said he would port barefoot if need be just to get home. " trust me he'd do it too" she said smiling at Angus " but no need everything is ready " she chuckled " have you heard any more from Paris or will it be a few days first" she asked Robert as she moved to the door to let him have more room to move,

Aria walked up the stairs and heard Ruby " I have at that" she said smiling as she looked in around the door frame " I'm good with helping get the wounded swashbuckler home" she said and chuckled as she looked to Marcus " oh don't worry your still my handsome sexy body guard" she chuckled as did Ruby. Both listened and nodded when Robert said they would take him home in the morning " I'll be up bright and early." Aria said
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Feb 02, 2024 2:07 am

"Angus, do everyone a favor and either go barefoot or wear your shoes," Robert said. "Do you know how many people submit complaints to the ministry ever year because they've gotten smacked in the face or elsewhere with a stray scuff slipper or a flipflop that somebody else has lost while they're porting?"

"Never actually thought about it," Angus said.

"God, yes, we get reports about glasses, dentures, shoes, baby toys, and, once someone got clocked with somebody's denture," Robert said. "I think I've heard just about everything. Nothing surprises me about that anymore. I even had a report about a stray dirty diaper."

"Why would someone want to take that with them?" Angus asked.

"No clue."

"I'll be sure to change his diaper before we go," Marcus teased, "but since I'm supposed to be with him anyway, I figured I'd handle as much as I can about making sure he got home safely."

"Agreed. We can figure that out tomorrow, but I am sure that, while we have Jessie here, he wouldn't have issue with helping to take Angus home., or Edward or I could do it. You lot might have enough taking two babies and a bezillion little go-bags home. And two of you are going to have to port Rosaria and Carlo with you. They probably haven't been there since Edward's wedding, and they don't have portkeys there, so they'll have to go with two of you. Everybody's going to have to pitch in to get us all home, I think. Have I heard from Paris about what, specifically, Ruby?" Robert asked.

"It is Saturday, Ru," Angus yawned, tiring now. "Damned near Sunday. Nothing much moves in government on the weekends, you know. You worked at the ministry enough to know that yourself. Might not hear much til Monday at the soonest."

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Fri Feb 02, 2024 5:00 pm

Ruby could not disagree when Robert mentioned they would have their hands full with the babies and she chuckled as Robert told Angus to just put his shoes on or go barefoot when they ported. Listening Ruby nodded " I could sends a note to Jack so he'd be ready for when you arrived to help?" she suggested " but yeah Jessie could help you get him home , in the morning".

When Robert asked what new and pointed out it was Saturday she chuckled "Yeah, just I thought the Geldings might have realised what had happened and were mobilising about now, but I guess even they don't work weekends." she said with a chuckle " and that's true I did" she chuckled again but stayed out of Robert and Marcus's way in the room.

Aria walked towards the door with Angus in the room as Ruby walked out and went to the sitting room. Aria stood listening and nodded " he's out on a run I'll inform him when he gets back." Aria said leaning on the frame as she watched Robert finish up with Angus.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Feb 02, 2024 10:02 pm

"Of course, the Geldings still are willing to commit crimes on weekends," Robert frowned. "After all, they took her on a weekend, didn't they? I would have no way of knowing what's going on in their house," Robert told her. "I have not wanted to take the chance of them finding perhaps some muggle listening devices, so I have not implanted them. And I am not so foolish as to try our own extendable ears. They're ridiculously noticeable. I have not recommended to Daniella to file charges on them for this newest stunt because I would first have to notify the Italian minister that there was a break in here and a kidnapping. Then, the Italian ministry would have needed to contact Daniella for assistance, and then their aurors would have been charge with going and retrieving the baby. Our actions were not legal in the least, but they were the fastest. In this organization, if we intend to break the law, the responsibility for doing an illegal mission comes from me, or, if I am not available to, then that approval would come from Kate or Michael.

"Long story short," Marcus said, 'we have no legal means to find out what's going on in there. And, its doubtful we will see much of any activity outside the house."

"Calm, Ruby. You won't hear or see anything," Angus replied. "Not on this. We won't hear anything for a little. I am certain that they definitely know by now. Remember, they're trying to make a strong case that they're the more capable caretakers for Diamond, so, by now, someone has discovered the the nanny is nowhere to be found, and nor is the baby. Of course they know. Even they're not that inept."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 98 of 100 Previous  1 ... 50 ... 97, 98, 99, 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top