A Birth day - Page 97
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Birth day - Page 97 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Birth day

Page 97 of 100 Previous  1 ... 50 ... 96, 97, 98, 99, 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Birth day - Page 97 Empty Re: A Birth day

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Wed Jan 31, 2024 10:51 pm

Ruby moved to their room and put Caprice in her cot next to Diamond where she fell asleep once again, covering her in blanket Ruby smiled at the pair of them then headed down to talk to Aria. Ruby found both her and Jessie talking in the kitchen " Aria could you do something for me , I know Angus isn't going to want o manage going up and down the stairs at home so could you and Jessie head back and get another special bed that we got last time, but its more up to date and hydraulic so he can sit up himself, i put it by the fire not too close and put the bedside table from the spare tom next to it, I'd like Angus to come home to a prepared home." she said both Aria and Jessie nodded.

"no problems, we can do that, I'll get Jack to help" Aria said and Ruby smiled to her " good to have you back" she said as she took hold of Jessies hand and ported them both home to the estate. " good to be home" she said and they both walked up to the duplex.

Jessie opened the door and together they headed to the duplex and Aria sent message to a manufacture she knew finding the exact bed Ruby requested she placed an order , not ten minuets later a large box appeared with a note. ' had this spare its exactly what you asked for, no extra charge for the rush, tell Mr Donoghue to get better soon' Aria smiled and tucked it in her pocket as Jessie moved to the bed but finding the bed to be too heavy Jessie moved to find Jack while Aria gathered everything else ready for when Angus came home clearing away Angus chair placing it back in the basement for when he was better. now clearing everything away from around the fire place she made space for the bed as she saw Jack enter with the bed behind him.

"Hey Aria " Jack said as they passed Aria waved she stepped back as the bed floated into the room with Jessie and Jack gently pushing it  then paused as wanting to know where to put it.

"There, its  close but not too close to the fire" she said once it was in place she placed the bed side table  and began making it up  with fresh bedding and fluffy pillows. Jessie headed to the kitchen and checked how the food was in the pantry making sure all was good and any that was spoiled was thrown and reordered ready for Angus to return. Once done they said good by to Jack and ported home.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 4251

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Jan 31, 2024 11:19 pm

Carlo had set the table in the dining room, and he was setting the supper dishes on the table when everyone was arriving back. Robert walked into the dining room and saw Carlo setting covered dishes on the table, and it smelled fantastic. Robert's stomach growled loudly.

"Che cosa stiamo avendo, Carlo? [What are we having, Carlo?]

"Garofolato, Patate al Forno, Cavoletti di Bruxelles tritati arrostiti, pastiera Napoletana."

"Suona benissimo, e sto morendo di fame," Robert replied. Carlo laughed. Robert volunteered to tell people that supper was ready.

"There you all are," Robert said when he found them. "Carlo says supper is ready. Garofolator--think Italian roast beef, oven roasted potatoes, shaved and roasted brussel sprouts, and a Patiera Napolentana."

"It's been decades since I've had that," Kate said. "Think Orange Spice Cheesecake. It's divine. I think we should go eat while its' hot."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22721
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Wed Jan 31, 2024 11:26 pm

Once Aria and Jessie had everything ready the thanked Jack who chuckled and headed bac to the barn with Finn on his tale then Aria and Jessie ported back to Edwards and smelt the most heavenly smell coming from the kitchen and walked towards it they heard Robert and Jessies stomach growled " was that you or your tummy?" Aria asked and Jessie chuckled.

"my stomach, and that smells wonderful" he said as he heard what Robert said.

"oh everything s ready back home, its where we just were , the pantry and fridges are all restocked with fresh food and Angus is set up with a new hydraulic bed. "Aria informed Robert taking out the note from the supplier for him to read. " we put the bed near the fire so he can get the warmth and hear it but now stop any one getting around, new bedding and a fluffy pillow too for his shoulder." she moved and sat down " Jack helped bring it in as it was heavy and I was busy getting the are ready, Finn helped too he chased away the dust bunnies." she chuckled as Ruby joined them at the table.

"caprice is sound asleep, thank you for that Aria and Jessie." she looked at Robert as she spoke again with a smile " I just thought , what would Angus need and well hey presto."
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Jan 31, 2024 11:42 pm

"Thank you," Robert said. "It sounds like it's going to be perfect. Nigel was asking me about that earlier today, and he was going to go try to see if any supplies were going to be needed. I think I'll send him there, and he and Andrew can get on any medical supplies and get them organized and ready. I think, honestly, we might be able to move him home sometime tomorrow if we do it carefully, and I'm sure he'd like to be home.

"Oh, by the way, Ruby, Rosaria told me today that Ginger and Anise have gotten seriously homesick since they saw Angus was wounded so badly. I think this is a bit of homesickness because they have attached so tightly to you and Angus that they are bothered if they don't get home regularly. And it rattled them to see him when we brought him home yesterday because he really didn't look the best. They want to have some time with their dad, and I can understand that. But I don't know that you'll get Beauxbatons to give them more than a day or so. I suggest that perhaps we have the girls visit Angus so they can see their dad is really okay, they'll hold out til the weekend. You and Angus will have to decide if you want to ask Beauxbatons to take Monday off. Or, if the girls are able to focus for this coming school week, maybe you and Angus can ask Beauxbatons for a three day weekend for them this coming weekend. I do realize that would be a full school week away, but maybe they could do it if they were coming home in the evenings. That might tide them over, perhaps."

"

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Thu Feb 01, 2024 12:13 am

Ruby listened to Robert about the girls and nodded " hum I'll talk to Angus and se what he says, but if they that bad their not going to focus on school work, and it would make sense to let them visit or a day or two, maybe if the school agrees they could catch up over the week end, it is extenuating circumstances after all, plus if they need parental approval, I can call in and speak the headmistress personally." she said " now how about we eat this delicious food Rosaria prepared, oh has any one sent a plate up to Marcus and Angus?" she asked looking at Rosaria who motioned to the tray she had floating beside her this made Ruby smile " should have know you'd not forget , grazie Rosaria" she said as the tray made its way up.

Once eaten Aria and Ruby cleared the table and wiped it clean giving rosaria a rest after all she did cook. " that was wonderful Rosaria" Aria said and smiled at her she did notice Jessie take a second portion but put it down to his wear side not being satisfied.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Feb 01, 2024 12:35 am

"Prego," Rosaria smiled, as Carlo caught the tray and took it upstairs.

"I can help you with that if you need, Ruby," Simone said. "Madame Maxime is not that difficult to get along with, generally, I've found. I've had a few conversations with her at some diplomatic cocktail parties. She always found them to be exceedingly boring unless I was hosting them because I always remembered she preferred single malt whiskey, and she was always grateful. Maybe she would do me a favor for all the single malt I bought for her."

Carlo brought the tray into the bedroom, and Marcus took it, thanking Carlo. Marcus was becoming well experienced at helping Angus with a meal while he ate his own at the same time.

"I'm going to miss this," Angus said. "I really need to get home, but she's pulling out every stop and fixing me all sorts of favorites from my childhood."

"You know, she and Carlo would come, any time, to cook for us. I'm positive, and didn't you say she hasn't been able to travel much?" Marcus asked. "And we do know that Edward has guest rooms. She might enjoy a snowy weekend."

"She hasn't seen snow in decades," Angus said.

"Perhaps all the more reason to invite them," Marcus said. "Ruby could spend some uninterrupted time with the kids, and Carlo and Rosaria could enjoy the snow and cook."

"For them, they would think it would be the vacation of a lifetime. They believe they are part of our family and vice versa. I think they would love every moment of it. I'm actually surprised she hasn't offered to help bathe and dress me. She used to help with that when I was tiny, after all."

"She had Carlo offer to help," Marcus laughed. Angus smiled, not surprised. "I did turn him down, diplomatically, saying Robert or I'd help you do that."

"Thank you for sparing me a little dignity," Angus said.

"My pleasure," Marcus said.

When Carlo came to collect the supper tray and was delivering dessert and espresso, Marcus handed him a note that he had written to Ruby and Edward. He asked Carlo to give it to Ruby first.

The note read: Angus would like to invite Carlo and Rosaria to come for a week or so for a winter holiday. He says they havent seen snow in decades, and he thinks they would like to do some winter fun, maybe some sightseeing, and definitely more Italian home cooking for us. What do you think?"

Carlo actually passed the note to Edward first because Edward was head of the house. Edward read it and passed it to Ruby.

"I think this is a splendid idea. What do you think, Ruby? It isn't like Simone and I don't have three empty guest rooms on our side." Edward said to her.

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Thu Feb 01, 2024 12:44 am

Ruby finished in the kitchen when she saw Carlos pass a note to Edward . Walking over she watched as he held it out to her to read . Taking it she smiled and nodded her head to him " I agree it would be perfect" she said passing it back to Edward " would put Rosaria's mind at ease in knowing how Angus's is being cared for when he's home, but would they stay with you in your spare rom?" she asked Edward.

Entering the room she smiled at him and Marcus. " so when do you think we should tell them?" she asked " because I think its a splendid Idea they come for a visit." she said and looked at Marcus then back to Angus " your eating better" she said seeing how much he had eaten " must be rosaria's cooking"
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Feb 01, 2024 1:09 am

"Of course she would. She'd be delighted," Edward said, "but none of us would get to so much as sink a teabag in a mug the whole time she was there. So just be forewarned."

"So you and Edward are good with it. I thought you might be," Angus said. "I think the sooner we invite them, the better. I'll do it, if you don't mind."

"He is eating better, but that's because she's cooking all his childhood favorites. She'll be up before long," Marcus said, "because I heard her muttering down the hallway about the fact that these are yesterday's sheets and that won't do. She was saying she was certainly going to make sure Angus had clean ones and clean pajama trousers straight after supper."

"She's being a tad overprotective because she hasn't seen me have any sort of serious wound in years and years," Angus said. "The last one I can remember of, that she saw, was when I broke my leg right at the very beginning of my summer holiday before I first went to Hogwarts. I was climbing that big sycamore tree in the front yard and, near the top, I chose too thin a limb that broke underneath me, and I fell clear down to the ground. Broke my leg, a rib and got a mild concussion. Edward took it in stride, but Rosaria went a wee bit overboard with the nursemaiding. Now I have Marcus to do it." Marcus cast him an amused grin.

"Didn't stop you from climbing, did it?" Marcus teased.

"No. As soon as I got the cast off, I was trying to go back up to see where I'd gone wrong," Angus said.

"See why she mothers him? She must have thought he wasn't always rubbing his brain cells together to form a logical thought," Marcus said. "Still, I've always thought sheets could go for more than 24 hours before being changed. That might be a bit of hovering on her part. Just a wee bit. She would probably be relieved if she could see that you're actually getting better."

"It definitely would," Angus said.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Thu Feb 01, 2024 1:17 am

Ruby smiled and nodded to Angus " yes we both agree and sure go ahead." she listened to Marcus and chuckled " ah explains it, but she does make wonderful food , you weren't wrong when you said she was a fantastic cook." she then heard him talk about when Angus was younger and fell from a tree making her laugh again "then he went right back to try again? wow" she said chuckling " I'd better watch out for Caprice doing that." she smiled hearing about Rosaria and her mothering side " I think a bit of mothering isn't bad, for both of you" she said " as for the sheets, they and you could use a wash" she said and looked at Marcus chuckling " want I send up a bowl of warm water so he can have a bed bath?" she asked Marcus.

Aria finished cleaning and putting the dishes away even if Carlow insisted he could do it she insisted right back she would do it since they were their guests. " Jessie you know chess?" she asked placing the wash cloth down on the counter. Jessie finished his food and nodded he did know how . " good study, lets have a game" she asked and Jessie smiled.

"you do know Roberts the best at Chess?" Jessi said and Aria nodded.

"yep that's why I'm not asking him, I'd lose everything" she chuckled as she pushed open the study door and walked to the small table where the chess set sat , she chose white as her pieces while Jessie took Black.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Feb 01, 2024 1:28 am

Marcus laughed.

"You know the first words I ever actually heard Edward say?" Marcus said, laughing at a memory that had just occured to him. "The first I ever saw Edward, he arrived and before I actually got to meet him, you lot were all in a duel with James and his pack in the yard, as we are prone to do sometimes. And, here comes this idjit..." he motioned to Angus,"running right towaerds James who was a fully transformed, raging werewolf that towered over Angus, and Angus was slashing his wand at James as if he was planning to slice and dice him. And Edward stopped right beside me, looked at Angus, and then said to me in a perfectly calm tone, 'The boy has no fear. Absolutely not an ounce.'"

"He said that?" Angus asked.

"He certainly did, and I laughed like an idiot for a minute or two, and by that time, Jack had figured out that he had to go rescue you before James sliced and diced you instead. Yes, Ruby, a basin would be a good thing, and before she gets here if you can manage it, or I'm sure she'll be wanting to do that too."

"No. Absolutely not," Angus said. "I will not have Rosaria thinking I still need her to wash me and change my nappy."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 97 of 100 Previous  1 ... 50 ... 96, 97, 98, 99, 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top