A Birth day - Page 52
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Birth day - Page 52 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Birth day

Page 52 of 100 Previous  1 ... 27 ... 51, 52, 53 ... 76 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Birth day - Page 52 Empty Re: A Birth day

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Wed Sep 13, 2023 12:25 am

Aria heard Daria and shook her head " trust me you want hot, not floozy hot and your dads right, now isn't the time to look like that enjoy being young, I was knee deep in water and mad men when I met your dad" she said smiling to her remebering Askaban and its boat trip over." besides your dad and I can both help when that time comes." she told her then looked at him as he told her to keep her money for the other project she smiled to him and nodded to him understanding he wanted her to live with him in the cottage.

Aria heard Diana and smiled agreeing with her over her words about Marcus " oh so true in more ways than just one." she said to Diana with a slight pinkness to her cheeks that told all her story. " um..sorry" she said moving to hide behind some suits.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 4251

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Sep 13, 2023 12:41 am

Clive laughed, seeing Aria's self consciousness.

"He has that effect on women," Clive teased Aria. "You going to drop in and see Tina while you're here, Marcus?"

"No," Marcus said. That made Clive laugh.

"Whose that?" Zane asked.

"She owns a bar down the street," Marcus said.

"And she's been trying to get your dad's attentions for years," Clive said. "I like teasing him about it."

"I'd like to meet her," Zane said.

"No. You wouldn't," Marcus said. He looked at Aria. "And you wouldn't either. She's not my type--at all. She's not anybody's type."

"Well, now that's a bit harsh," Clive said. "I'm sure she's somebody's type somewhere."

"Nobody I want my kids to meet," Marcus said. That made Zane and Kai laugh.

"Let's get these boys fitted for dress trousers, waistcoats,  dress shirts and dress robes."

"Might as well," Marcus said. "At the rate they're growing, we might as well make sure they're all outfitted."

"How are you with your tuxes? They all in good shape?"

"Nah. Lost my best one on my last mission. I'll need to replace it."

"The double breasted or the single?"

"Single. The slim fit."

"Ah. Alright. I'll work up another," Clive said. "And the shirt?"

"French cuffs, please," Marcus said.

"Okay, I'll let you know when it's ready for fitting, and maybe you can all come and we'll do the fittings all in one afternoon. Aria, how are you for a couple evening gowns? If you're working for Robert you'll need two or three. We recommend five for a starting allotment," Clive said.

"it's part of your mission wear package," Marcus told her, "along with a dress for business, a cocktail dress, and a few other things. You never know what sort of environment you'll be called into."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22721
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Wed Sep 13, 2023 12:59 am

Aria heard Clive and frowned but when Marcus spoke she laughed and relaxed "Wow I'm so glad, I was about to go over there and warn her away from my man." she said her arms folded but a smile on her face then she heard Marcus mention ball gowns and evening wear " um..well I don't own any, never had a call to wear any," she said and looked to clive " looks like your measuring again" she said and chuckled moving to the platform.

She paused seeing him shake his head " I got everything" she heard Clive say and smiled.

"Thank goodness," she said "Oh um, maybe some shoes too not high, or stilettos please" she said and smiled looking to Marcus " I know what he does to stilettos," she said with a chuckle
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Sep 13, 2023 1:21 am

"I think you can safely stand down," Marcus laughed.

"He''s not even been legally divorced for 24 hours," Zane laughed. "He's not on the hunt quite yet. We've been trying to put him on the hunt for years, and he just really isn't interested." Marcus rolled his eyes.

"My five little matchmakers," Marcus sighed. "They'd have had me married at 12:01 last night afer my divorce became finalized at midnight. I've had visions of them matching me up with Mrs. Doubtfire."

"Who?" Clive asked, clueless. Zane and Kai burst into hysterical laughter, having seen the muggle movie themselves. He started to write up the order for all the clothes. "Shall we include winter wardrobe for the girls too?"

"Oh, why not?" Marcus said, beleving they probably needed clothes too.

"We'll put them together and send them to you, shall we?"

"Send them to my dad, please?"

"Consider it done," Clive said.

"I think we're good then," Marcus said. "Alright, you lot. Let's go get your things and get you back home to Granddads and Grans. Grab hold, and we'll be off."

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Wed Sep 13, 2023 1:28 am

Aria laughed at how quickly the kids would have matched him and his words for her to stand down. " Um..yeah okay," she said and chuckled as she blushed again. Hearing tal of the gilkr having winter clothing she nodded and looked at some dresses they had finding three she liked. " I like the look of these Could you put them in with my things please" she said placing down several gallons on the counter for them. She looked at Marcus " I like to pay my way Mission wear is when I am on missions with Robert these are well for other times" she said looking to Diana hoping she would understand.

Hearing him ask if they were good she nodded and walked with the girls leaning down to Poppy she spoke softly " um, do you know any one who could teach me how to walk in heels, I have never walked in them before?" she asked out of his ear shot.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Sep 13, 2023 1:41 am

"We'll start you a tab, then, shall we?" Diana asked Aria. "I think all of Robert's staff have tabs here now. It's just easier because they're always replacing something--a couple of them more than the rest."

"Dad says Khaat walks better in heels than anyone he knows," Daria said. "He says she can even run in the real, real tall ones. And she lives right there in that big house. I'd ask her. There have been pictures of her in the Prophet with Dad with her, at some big formal balls, and she's always wearing some sky high heels."

"And even then, Dad's still taller than she is," Ezra said. "She must be teeny weeny, I figure."

"She's five foot three or four," Poppy said. "I saw it in some article somewhere. And he's just about six foot with his shoes on. So unless she's wearing seven or eight inch heels, she's alway soing to be shorter. She always looks pretty, though."

"You'd have thought he'd have fallen for her a long time ago," Ezra said.

"She's married," Poppy said. "Bodyguards don't marry their clients anyway."

"And just what makes you such an authority?" Ezra challenged.

"Unlike you, I read," Poppy replied.

Marcus ported them back to the estate. "Grab your gear, Gang. It's time I took you back." They picked up their bags, and Marcus apparted them to Hogsmeade to the rear of Honeydukes. He opned the door, and the kids went upstairs. He motioned to Aria. "We'll see them home and then we'll get home ourselves."

"She's marrie
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Wed Sep 13, 2023 1:48 am

Aria heard Dian and smiled " thank you" she said smiling to her. she heared Poppy and daria awnser her question and chuckled " oh never thought of her , good idea, I'll ask her when were back home for some walking lessons in heels." she said and chuckled hearing Marcus mention that they were ready to go she took hold of Daria and Poppy " okay were good " she said smiling to him as they headed out the door and back to the alley.

Once there they ported back to the main house where she went and picked up the bags " I'll put these in our room" she said moving to the stairs since the door was open " oh I'll open the windows in the master bedroom ready for Angus and Rubys return" she called from the top of the stairs just as Finn ran past her and down to jump at Marcus " seems hes happy we're home" she chuckled .
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Sep 13, 2023 9:23 pm

Marcus had had to take the kids home to his parents in Hogsmeade and return the camping gear to Robert's farm before he settled at home, but he dropped the kids off, returned the equipment, and then came straight back just as it started to rain. He set the kettle on to brew some tea when Finn came over to greet him. Marcus petted him and got a dog biscuit for him.

"I'll be back," he told her. "I need to go tell Robert we're back so he knows. I won't be long, but since he was nice enough to loan us the gear, i need to thank him for it. Oh, take the tea off the heat when it boils, will you?" He left and walked over next door, and he found Kate at work in the kitchen. He didn't see Nicky, and he figured that by this time of day, Nicky would be on duty.

"Oh, you're back," Kate smiled, getting two chickens ready to put in the oven to roast for supper at the main house. "How was your weekend with your kids?"

"It was lovely," Marcus said. "I just wanted to thank you and Robert for loaning me the gear."

"Oh, we're glad to do it. We're gald to see someone using it," she said.

"Kate, I found a cottage that the owners want moved off the land..."

"Oh, that bastle cottage. I saw that. That's a gorgeous little thing, isn't it? You thinking about it?"

"I am, but the land doesn't go with it. They want it moved. That's why they're selling it."

"Ah," she smiled, looking at him. "You'd like a spot here on the estate?"

"Thinking about it."

"Well, that's not a bad idea. I can tell you right now that Brian and Robert would agree if that's what you wanted to do. Do you have a spot in mind?"

"Not yet, but I don't know that I would necessarily put it all right next to the log cabins. I might move it just a bit farther off from that. It rather deserves its own spot, I think."

"I agree. And that might give Brian the drive he needs to finally enlarge the pond. He's been meaning to do that for the last couple years, and maybe you'll find a spot on the around the pond once he enlarges it. I've seen that house, and it's a beauty. If you like, I can talk to them both and see what they say, and then I'll hvae them get back to you. What do you think?"

"I'd appreciate that. Thanks," Marcus said.

"Not a problem at all, Dear."

In Tuscany, they finished brunch, and Angus paid for it.

"Well, let's go collect our bags and find out what happened to Evan's face, shall we?" Angus asked her. "It looks like some training exercise gone sideways. I'm glad he wasn't badly hurt, but that's not a usual result of any of the training exercises that I've ever seen. It looks more like little shrapnel cuts from something blowing up."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Wed Sep 13, 2023 9:43 pm

Aria smiled seeing Marcus and Finn interacting She shards him mentioned taking the kettle off the boil and nodded "Will do" she said placing a load of washing into the washer and setting it going as she watched him walk over to the main house. Now happy to be back she lightly hummed as she set about starting a light lunch for them all for later having a feeling they won't want a heavy lunch but she also wanted him to be well fed. Hearing the kettle boil she turned it off and made a fresh pot of tea and coffee finding cinimon buns in the fridge she layed out two to go with the tea or coffee for them both.

Ruby smiled as she finished her food and Angus spoke of Evan and checking up on him because of the cuts and bruises on his face she nodded "Yes I'd like to know what happened too" she said finishing her drink and placing down the cup on the table before she stood up and smiled to him " come on sooner we find out the better" she said taking his hand in her own as they now walked back to the boating office.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Sep 13, 2023 10:13 pm

Marcus came back and saw her making lunch. He poured himself a mug of tea and sat down.

"Well," he said, "I just talked with Kate, and she supports us getting the house. She said she's familiar with it, and thinks it might be a great thing if we can negotiate a good deal. However, she had a couple ideas of her own. She says Brian has wanted to enlarge the pond here on the estate for a couple years, and she thinks that the cottage might be the motivation to finally enlarge the pond so that we can put the cottage maybe on another side of the pond, a little away from all the log cabins and things. I sort of like that idea. She also says they'd like maybe someone to put a house on Robert's farm to help keep an eye on that property when she and Robert are living over here. There are lots of beautiful spots on that property too , but with my job being in protections, that might not be so practical for me to be living on a different property. I don't know. Either way, she said she'd talk to Robert and Brian to see if they had any thoughts or ideas. She doesn't think it'll be a big problem either way, and I didn't think it would either."

Angus took Ruby's hand, and they walked back to the boating office and back to Evan's office. He was just finishing dictating a letter to one of the clerks. Angus made himself at home in one of the chairs across from Evan's desk.

"So, how'd you do it, then?" he asked Evan.

"Well, if you really must know," Evan sighed, "it wasn't as big a deal as your kids are going to make it. We were doing a mock battle, and we were given wands to use that would nullify the lethal effects of the spells we were firing."

"Yes. Training wands. Robert had those formulated just for that purpose. They can still pack a punch, though," Angus said.

"They certainly can," Evan agreed. Anyway, I was on the opposite team from the kids, and Sam fired a spell at me, and he missed and hit a can of muggle fuel that was nearby instead. And that can of fule was sitting with about two dozen others...."

"Oh, God," Angus said. "And it all exploded."

"It did," Evan said. "I caught a lot of shrapnel from the metal fuel cans, but all of the cuts are just superficial now."

"They weren't all superficial then?"

"There were three that were deep ones. Kieran sent for Robert, though, and Robert saw to the worst of it."

"I see," Angus said, nodding. "And has Tara seen all this?"

"Oh, yes. She's fine. She actually took it better than you're taking it."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 52 of 100 Previous  1 ... 27 ... 51, 52, 53 ... 76 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top