LONDON CALLING - Page 99
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

LONDON CALLING - Page 99 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

LONDON CALLING

Page 99 of 100 Previous  1 ... 51 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

LONDON CALLING - Page 99 Empty Re: LONDON CALLING

Post by Robert Lupin Fri Jul 22, 2022 2:11 am

Robert took Abbey down the hall to his bedroom, and he sat with her for a long moment, just rocking her and comforting her. Then he cast a dreamless sleep spell on her to provide her some protection from the upset. He took her back to her room, and Marcus met him at the door.

"Thank you," Marcus said softly. "I'll put her back to bed. Let me know how I can help."

"I will," Robert said. He went to his room and closed the door, feeling that, if Michael tried to reach him, it would be by floo.

Michael and Brian made a choice to apparate them upstairs to the suite, and they told Jessie that was what they were going to do. Then, Michael figured, he was going to have to go downstairs, magically erase the muggles' security tape, and wipe out some of the memories of the hotel front desk crew. If he didn't, this country's magical reversal squad would be sent out and they'd made a royal mess out of it. They took Angus and put him into one of the twin beds in the suite, and Brian got out the medical bag.

"I've got to go get us secure," Michael said to Brian. "Do you need me for the next 15 minutes or so?"

"No. we have to be safe. Go ahead," Brian said. Brian brought Angus conscious because he needed Angus to get the water out of his lungs, and, of course, the moment he came conscious, Angus struggled for air and began coughing and bringing up water. Brian just stayed with him and tended to him until the retching stopped. Brian propped Angus up on pillows to help him breathe. Brian changed Angus's wet swimsuit to a pair of dry pajama bottoms and he settled him into bed. He worked on casting spells to prevent damage to Angus's heart and lungs and to ease his breathing.

When Michael returned and could confirm that they were safe, that was when Brian asked Michael to open the floo to Robert, not liking that they would have to wake him up.

Michael opened the floo and was surprised when Robert responded instantly.

"What's happened?" Robert wanted to know.

"Someone attacked us here at the hotel tonight. They attacked Angus, pinned him at the bottom of the hotel pool. Jessie rescued him, and he's alive. Brian said he's got him stabilized."

"Who the daylights did it?"

"I don't know yet. Angus made mention that he saw a couple, a man and a woman, in the hotel dining room that looked familiar but he couldn't place them. Jessie saw them in the pool area when he went to rescue Angus and they apparated out. But I don't know who they were. I didn't see them."

"You've somehow been made," Robert said. "Not that you were particularly traveling incognito, but someone was onto our plan. You probably had them on the train with you for them to follow you at every turn."

"Then, we have a mole in our organization," Michael said.

"You might well be right. How's Angus?"

"Stable, conscious, and resting."

"Let me talk to Jessie for a moment," Robert said

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 3100
Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Fri Jul 22, 2022 2:23 am

Jessie had headed back to the room and quickly changed his clothes to dry ones. He heard Roberts voice and Michaels talking then he heard his name and walked over bearfoot to him and glanced over at Angus and Brian glad to see him breathing even though he was coughing too.

"Im here Robert" he said towel still over his shoulder as he tried to get the water out of his ears. " I think they were shapeshifters they went in as two men and then out as a man and a woman that Angus had seen eariler but couldn't rember where he'd seen them." he told him. He placed the towel over his shoulder as she waited for Roberts responce.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 4141

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Fri Jul 22, 2022 2:36 am

"Well, that's pretty much what Michael said too," Robert said. "So, I think it's very possible that you were followed. Those shapeshifters might have been on the same train that you were on, and you would have had no way of knowing. If that's the case, we might well have some sort of a mole in our organization."

"Then that means the mission is in jeopardy," Michael said.

"And it also means the wizards at the mine could be in life threatening danger," Robert said. Michael sighed, not having thought about that.

"So do we call it off?" Michael asked. "I'm not afraid to call it off and bring them home."

"Well, where's Brian?"

"I'll get him if he can get away." Michael got up and went to the bedroom. "Can you talk to Robert a moment?" Brian looked at Angus.

"We're going to finish this," Angus said to Brian, short of breath.

"Don't talk. Just stay still and breathe. I won't be more than a moment, and then I'll be right back," Brian said. He went to the floo.

"How is he?" Robert said.

"Pulse and bp are stabilizing. I've got him on support spells. His lungs are congested." He told Robert the vital signs and answered Robert's questions. Robert gave Brian precise instructions for treating Angus overnight, and they planned to touch base at 4 am to see where Angus was at that point. They knew that there now had to be a hard push to get the stones before the shapeshifters got there and destroyed the mine. Robert was going to get with Edward and Gabe to see how they might best speed up their journey to the mines. For now, their focus needed to be on Angus, and Robert's needed to be in formulating some sort of a backup plan and finding out how their plan was leaked.

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Fri Jul 22, 2022 2:54 am

Jessie thought for a moment then spoke again " I agree I rember seing two women in a group of four watching us on the train." he said " in the dinning car, but we can't stop now we're so close." he said but glanced back to where Angus was " but if it will put angus at risk Ruby would never forgive me." he said the last part softly. He stepped back as Brian walked over to give Robert the report.

"Robert let Ruby know hes fine" Jesie said " I know she'll know something is up, shes always been that way." he said hoping for once she was not panicing and letting her mind race. " I think we should see how Angus is in the morning and decide where to go from there."
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Fri Jul 22, 2022 3:07 am

"I already know what Angus will say," Robert said. "I know him as if he were my own. He's not going to back down. He's going to agree with you, Jessie. He is going to want to finish this, and he's going to want to bump up the timeline somehow to get to the mine asap. And that is definitely worth a thought. I want you to secure yourselves. Get a protection grid up around your hotel suite so you can rest. They know where you are, and if you don't put a grid up, you're nothing more than sitting ducks. I'll talk to Brian again at 4 am. We'll decide from there what we should do next."

"Jessie and I can put up several grids to keep us safe," Michael said.

"Get some sleep. I'll talk to Ruby but it sounds like Angus is as good as we can expect right now. He's had a close shave. Thank you, Jessie, for having his back. Well done. Now, get some sleep, all of you, and let me wrestle with this." They disconnected their conversation.

Robert went down the hallway to where the others were still waiting. Robert didn't want Abbey disturbed, so he motioned them to at least come next door to Khaat's room.

"So, here's the story," Robert told them. "I've talked with our mission's team. Everyone is fine. But, they have run into a complication. They were attacked tonight by a pair of shapeshifters. They caught Angus alone, so that was who they went after. He's alright. Jessie was there and had his back, so Angus is fine. I think that its very possible that we have one or two moles in our organization. Someone knew about our mission. I think they were on the train all the way to Budapest. Our team was together all the way until they went to the gym tonight. Now, we have to find a way to get those stones from that mine before the shapeshifters get there first and keep our team safe. For now, our team needs to get some sleep. I've had them put a protection grid around their hotel room so they can close their eyes without being infiltrated. I'm going to talk to Brian before daylight, and we'll look at it all again."

"I'll help you look at a backup plan," Edward said.

"And I'll help," Gabe said.

"I appreciate it," Robert replied.

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Fri Jul 22, 2022 3:29 am

Jessie breathed out "Hey, hes my future brother in law, I'm not going to let anything happen to him" he said but had to agree "Okay, we'll put up the protection spells." he added and looked to Brian " I'll start " he said and began moving around the suites casting protection spells so nobody that they didn't want in could not enter. He moved close to Angus and smiled " you okay mate?" he asked looking down at him.

Ruby heard Robert and looked at Jess as she listened to Robert talk she knew he was strong and on hearing Jessie was the one who ssaved him she breathed out glad he had gone along with them. She heard Robert say that they ahd a mole and she fround."I agree, but who could it be?" Ruby asked listening to him more she breathed out knowing the protection spells would keep them safe. Jess looked at Ruby and slowly let her go.

"I think we all need to sleep and leave Robert and the others to think of an alternative plan." She sugested as she saw Ruby nod her head.

"Im not going to go running off to him, you say hes fine I trust your word and I trust my brother and Angus too." she thought for a second then spoke again " I'm going to prep breakfast for those who want it when they wake."
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Fri Jul 22, 2022 3:40 am

"I'm much better, now that I'm not stuck to the bottom of the pool," Angus said. "Gits. Anyway, thanks. We need to finish this thing. What if they go after the mine or the miners themselves? We have to get there first?"

"Robert and I talked about that," Michael said. "Robert said he already knew that was what your opinion would be."

"He's right. We have to stop them from killing the miners. We have no choice. We have to get there first."

"Robert is going to try to put a plan together, and we'll discuss it in a few hours. We're going to get back with him at 4 am. So, in the meantime, I think some sleep would do you good."

"I am tired," Angus nodded.

"I believe you," Robert told Ruby. "I think we'll go work in Brian's office. Would you put some strong coffee on for us so we can work, please?"

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Fri Jul 22, 2022 3:46 am

Jessie smiled as Angus said he was much better " yeah being able to breath does help." he said then heard Angus say exactly what he ahd said " hey preaching to the choir here mate, I agree." it was now he saw Michael walk over and fill them in on what had been discussed " good . we can't stop now were so close, if we stop they win." was all he said before Angus said he was tired " sleep mate were protected and safe" he told him as he moved to his own bed.

Ruby heard Robert and nodded " I can do that , I also think theres some busicits left, if not I'll make some fresh for you" she headed down to the kitchen and put the kettle on. Taking out a plate she placed several bucuits on it along with sevral cups and saucers. Once the kettle was done she made the tea and set the pot on the tray before sending it up to Brian's office.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Fri Jul 22, 2022 8:13 pm

Brian stayed in the other twin bed so he could tend to Angus during the night. He was up several times checking on Angus, but Angus, in his deep fatigue, was in a deep, sound sleep. He heard nothing. Michael got up twice, checking on the protection grid to make sure it held. His concern was about getting safe food for them in the morning. They had relied on the hotel for supper, but it was impossible to know who was a shapeshifter and who was not. They could brew coffee and tea in the suite, and he did some looking around through the cabinets near the coffee maker and he found some small packages of biscuits. That would keep them for a bit if worse came to worse. It was something he wanted to bring up at 4 am with Robert.

At 3:30, Brian woke Angus, checked in thoroughly, and he got him up in a chair near the fireplace. Brian had some medical concerns that would need to be addressed. He needed to make sure that he got Angus some sports drinks to replace lost electrolytes to keep his system balanced. That would help keep him on his feet. He wanted Angus to be able to sit up, but he wanted him to have low levels of activity today to give his heart and lungs a rest. He had to make sure that Angus's body temperature didn't spike because that would warn of complication developing, and if that was going to happen, that would happen today. Fortunately, this day was supposed to largely be driving. Brian believed they might be able to continue that part of the journey.

Brian opened the connection to Robert, and Robert answered promptly, and Michael and Angus were there too. Brian was sure that Jessie would be there too if he were awake.

"Robert?"

"I'm here," Robert replied. "Status report."

"I'm here, Robert," Angus said. "I'm alright."

"Good. Good to hear your voice. How are you feeling?"

"I'm okay," Angus said. "Some dull aching in my chest, some very mild respiratory distress yet and a dull headache, but I'm okay."

"You're doing much better than I expected you might be, then. Everyone will certainly be relieved."

"How are they? How are Ruby and Edward?"

"They're alright. How are his vital signs, Brian?"

"All very good. Pulse and blood pressure and temp are all good. There is still some significant chest congestion, but everything else is much better than last night. I checked on him through the night and he slept soundly all night and just continued to stabilize all night."

"Excellent," Robert said. "Keep a very close watch because any activity at all today will easily cause him to destabilize. If that happens, he has to stop immediately."

"I want to find some sports drinks for him this morning and push some electrolyte fluids. We're supposed to travel today by car anyway."

"Well, about that," Robert said. "I know its risky the closer you get to the mountains, but I'm wondering if you could speed this all up by apparating in a number of short hops."

"That might be workable," Angus said "It might even be safe to apparate from one small mountain village to another to cover most of the distance up the mountains--if we go shorter distances."

"And that will expend a lot of your energies for all of you to do that much apparating, unless you take turns doing the apparating and the rest of you just side along."

"We've already lost four or five hours. If they're ahead of us, those miners will potentially be at risk," Angus said.

"That was my thought too, but the risk is so high of something going sideways by trying to use magic in that small region where magic goes all wonky, that I really doubt they'll want to take the risk. If they're moles in our organization, I think they'll believe that we won't be that foolish and they'll hope to wait to spot you lot coming down from the suite to go rent a vehicle like we originally planned. They followed you this far, so I think they'll think we'll stick to our original plan.'

"Exactly my thoughts too," Angus said. "Once we get into Romania, I've got contacts all across there that we can make use of that will help us get from one point to another. And if the magic does get wonky, my contacts might know of other routes and shortcuts that we don't I think we could make excellent time that way. Might even make it to the mine today if we do that."

"Well, that sounds good, but if you do that, you're going to have to rest immediately after your trip to the mine. No if's and's or but's about it. Is there someplace you can lay low there and not have those shapeshifters find you?"

"I'd rather start reversing the process and start doing the short hops back."

"Well, lovely, but no," Robert said firmly. "Absolutely not. Here's the thing--we won't know yet if there is going to be any lasting damage from this attack until we're past the first 24 hours. I'm hoping you'll skate through this thing and not have any lasting effects, but its just to early to tell. We have to be very conservative today. You could have died last night if it hadn't been for Jessie. We're not going to strain your heart and lungs and brain any more than necessary because we must be very observant today to make sure you don't develop any complications. And you're going to tire very quickly. If you were here at home, believe me, I would be managing your care entirely differently from what you're going to try to push through today. If you make it to the mines, that's far enough. I do not want you going further today. That sheers two full days off your schedule as it is. You can afford to stop for supper and a good night's sleep. And I don't want to see you camp out unless there is just no other option at all."

"Brain? My brain is fine."

"Oxygen deprivation," Robert explained. "It can cause neurological issues. We're going to keep our fingers crossed that there is no trouble there, and I'm sure it worked in your favor that Jessie was as quick as he was last night. We're not going to push it, though. And do not--under any circumstance--think you are going to be quick enough with your wand to take up any front line position in a skirmish if it comes. You're not going to be quick about anything today. Your partners there are going to have to keep you covered."

"Maybe your contacts will either put us up or know who would," Brian told Angus.

"I'm sure," Angus said.

"Then make use of them. And in the meantime, Im going to try to work out who's the spy in our midst," Robert said. "Keep your eyes open, and watch who you decide to trust now that we know you've been compromised. Be at the ready as best you can now that you know what's going on."

"We will," Brian said.

"And if Angus deteriorates in any way at all. I want to know immediately. I'll keep someone within earshot of the floo at all times today."

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Fri Jul 22, 2022 10:15 pm

Jess heard talking and woke. Dressing he walked out to hear the conversation with Robert he stood and listened quietly as they talked of the attack and the mole they had who was stalking them. " don't wory Robert Im not leaving his side" Jessie said smiling at Angus where he sat. He knew Michael had checked them already but he walked around the suits strengthening them again.

"okay, any one want breakfast before we discuss what were going to do ?" he asked holding up the menu for the room service breakfast. He just wanted every one to relax for a bit. " so the mine still on?" he asked sitting down to lok at the menu.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Page 99 of 100 Previous  1 ... 51 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top