LONDON CALLING - Page 50
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

LONDON CALLING - Page 50 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

LONDON CALLING

Page 50 of 100 Previous  1 ... 26 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 75 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

LONDON CALLING - Page 50 Empty Re: LONDON CALLING

Post by Robert Lupin Sat Jul 02, 2022 2:53 am

"She's been abundantly transparent about that, I think," Nigel said. "And no one is debating that she had a right to feel rattled. She was entitled to that."

"Nigel gets that," Robert said. "And he isn't denying her right to feel upset, but, truth be told, she isn't his patient. And Nigel does take his job very seriously. He isn't known for his wonderful bedside manner, but he is known for being very effective. For now, I suggest we let sleeping Angus's lie." He deliberately made a pun on letting sleeping dogs lie. 'And, we'll see what comes first, Angus's waking or Edward's return. Michael, are you going to cut that Victoria sponge, or should I just lean in and take a big bite of it?"

"Robert Thomas Lupin," Kate scowled at him.

"Do it. I dare you," Michael teased Robert, knowing Robert's table manners were better than that, and knowing Kate would have him even if he thought he would just try to cause some mischief. Kate was not about to have mischief at the dinner table.

"Robert, at least wait til Kate leaves the room or I will be extracting her shoe out of your bum," Nigel said.

"I'm not even going to tell you the visual that creates," Michael laughed.

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 3100
Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sat Jul 02, 2022 3:08 am

Jack finished his food and chuckled at Kate and Roberts banter " welp whose doing the honers and I mean cutting the cake, not extracting the shoe from Roberts butt." Jack said making Jess spluter at his words.

"Jack please." she said and saw him pull a tounge at her as she then stood up and cut the cake into equal peices and gave every one a peice. She also sent a peice up to Ruby.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 4230

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Sat Jul 02, 2022 3:21 am

"Thank you, Jess," Kate said, glad she had cut the cake before Robert had decided to do some mischief just because Michael had dared him. Kate knew better than some at the table that when Michael and Robert got in the mood for mischief, all sorts of unpredictable things could happen. What she was waiting for was whatever Robert would now do in response since he couldn't let Michael's challenge go completely unanswered. He would respond--sooner or later.

"I'll be glad to help with the washing up," Kate said. When her dessert was gone, she worked on clearing the table and setting a washing up spell in place. Michael headed to the kitchen to make the dough for some loaves of cinnamon bread for breakfast--some with raisins in the dough and some without. The yeast would need to rise overnight and be ready to bake in the morning.

The rest of them seemed to disperse for showers and getting ready for bed, except for Robert and Brian. They headed to the library for a game of chess in the quiet before turning in.

Khaat went upstairs and knocked lightly on Angus's door before going in to check him briefly.

"He's fine," she told Ruby. "I'm not my father, clearly, but I can tell you that for the moment, his mind is at rest. Nigel's spell has allowed him just a deep, dreamless sleep, and dreamless sleep is something I wish I could do more often myself. Anyway, if you need something during the night, feel free to knock on our door. Brian and I are light sleepers anyway. Is there anything else you two need before I turn in for the night?"

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sat Jul 02, 2022 3:39 am

Ruby heard the knock and saw Khaat walk in to check on Angus. " thank you" she said " sorry about down stairs" Ruby sighed " I don't like being told Im nothing, I had that from my perents till I was old enough to get out." she looked down and Angus and smiled " hes the first one other than you guys who treated me like a family." she heard her offer assistance should she need it and nodded "Thank you." Ruby said again " I'll rember that, I know Nigel ment well and I know his spell will mean less for him to deal with but...well you heard."

Taking a deep breath she relented that she needed to sleep as well " I realy should sleep too." she said " I sent word to Owens I will be late to trainning, he wasn't pleased but said it was fine as long as I showed up." Ruby looked at Angus sleeping peacefuly on the bed " I till feel like I don't deserve him, but I don't want to leave him becuse I love him, is that wrong?" she asked
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Sat Jul 02, 2022 9:11 pm

"That's how you interpreted what he said?" she questioned gently, not trying to be critical of her. "That really wasn't what he was saying at all, you know. He was responding with a bit of self defense when you threatened to hurt him. I can understand you're feeling wounded, but you really did strike out at him first when you threatened him. Its obvious you care for Angus but you and Nigel are not really on opposite sides. He wants Angus to be well and happy the same way that you do. Nigel Sigworth is not your enemy.

"I think," Khaat said, trying to clarify, "Nigel's being pretty protective of Angus right now because he's sensing that Angus was understandably a little rattled when he was attacked by the wolf, and I think Angus really finds it a huge pain to be incapacitated. He has always been a bit of a workaholic, and now he's significantly limited. So, then, when the other night happened, Nigel became concerned that the trauma was mounting, stacking up, much like layers in a cake. And I think he was right about that too, but I also think Angus has been relying on us, quite naturally, to see him through that. And that is as it should be. He should feel he can count on us.

"But now there's this new wrinkle that Angus has found out that his own father is some sort of criminal mastermind that has been diligently working for decades to help Gelding in some huge ways. They are now on a direct, collision course, and I have no doubt whatsoever that Angus is more than a little upset about that. Nigel is concerned it is all going to be way too much for Angus, so he wants to shield him from harm just a little to try to keep that from happening. I think Angus is tougher than that, but Nigel may have a point, which is how much can one man take? My father agrees with Nigel, I think, but he would have used a bit less force. Essentially, though, I don't think he was opposed to Nigel's sleep spell, only that he used a little too much force.

"And that's where you and Nigel disagreed. I think you should feel free to disagree with him, but when you do that, things would go better if you would try not to threaten him because then he won't strike out in return. I don't think he was trying to remind you of your childhood. He wouldn't have known that. I think that's something we all have in common that we've all had some rough stuff in our younger years. I think that's something you have in common with just about everyone here, so no one is going to purposely try to discriminate against you for that.

"As far as your training goes, I think you should do what you want to do and perhaps what you think Angus would want you to do. It isn't wrong for you to want to be with him, but he isn't going to want you to feel like you need to hover over him either. He certainly would not see it as any lack of love if you go to your training class. I think the very last thing he would want is for you to worry about him or to hang back at home and miss your class because of him. You know him--he'd feel horrible about that.

"Nobody knows what time Edward will roll back in tomorrow, but I don't think you should feel you have to hang around for that. There will be a lot of people here. Angus certainly won't be alone, and he won't be neglected, that's for sure."

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sat Jul 02, 2022 9:48 pm

Ruby sat and listened to Khaat when she spoke of her trainning she nodded it should not stop her from continuing it. "In regards the trainning, your right, but I still don't like Nigel and I agree with Robert that he did use too much force, whether Angus wanted it or not and that urks me the wrong way, I think right now I'd like to use the gym in the basement if thats all right." she asked wanting to take some of her anger out on the punch bag and not let it fester inside of her like a worm.

Jess helpped clear the dinning room and Jack wiped down the table placing the table cloth in the washer to be cleaned for the next day. " all right Jack you have feeding time in the barn , right?" Jess asked and Jack nodded " well I'll come and help, if you need me that is Kate." she asked wiping her hands on a tea towel. " oh I'll check on the...whats it call the one you can see only if you've seen death?" she asked Jack chuckled and moved to her.

"I beleve there called Thestral's dear" he said and Jess chuckled.

"Thats the one." she took his hand and they headed to the barn.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Sat Jul 02, 2022 10:09 pm

Khaat gave up. There was no point in continuing any more discussion with her.

"Of course," she said. "Goodnight." She got up quietly and left and went to bed.

In the morning, Edward was awakened in the predawn hours, something that actually was almost a norm anyway, but he was getting a very clear feeling that he needed to get back. He looked over and saw Simone was awake.

"Good morning. Did I wake you?" he asked.

"No," she smiled. "I was watching you sleep and feeling contented for the first time in a decade a least."

"I still want you to come with me," he kissed her.

"Your family is going to think you're certifiable," she sighed.

"I don't care," he said. "I really don't care. Besides, as I said, I'm staying with friends here, and they will love you like I love you."

"How do you know you love me? It hasn't even been 24 hours."

"Alright, I don't know yet, but I'm not giving you up. Let's pop over to your place and pack a bag for you, and we'll send a note to your neighbor to tend your garden and look after your house."

"And, just like that? They'll welcome me as a houseguest so I can sleep in your bed with you?"

"Just like that. Come with me," he said. He began to kiss her softly, and she breathed in softly.

"Anywhere you like," she said in almost a whisper, not wanting to be without him either. She caressed his cheek. "You're bothered by something."

"Its been niggling at the back of my brain, and I thought it was just maybe the wine last night, but something isn't right. I can't put my finger on it. I need to get back."

"Then, we'd better get dressed and get a move on," she said.

Edward's watch was just striking 6:30 am when they apparated back to the farm, standing in the back garden just at the steps up to the back porch.

"Your friends have a farm, then."

"Bloody big farm. There are two of them, and this is the smaller of the two," Edward said.

"I see what you mean," she told him. "Something is off here--badly. There's some intense negative energy. Anger. Rage. A good deal of it."

"Yes, and it wasn't this way yesterday."

Inside, Kate and Robert had been up. Neither of them had slept all night. They had come down to the kitchen by 3:30, and they'd made coffee and tea. Kate had completely prepared breakfast and had set it on warming plates in the dining room. Now, they sat in silence in the kitchen, reading the newspapers and dreading whatever squabbling or drama would come this morning. Fortunately, a message had come that the work on Brian's estate was done. They felt that would be some welcome relief for everyone. Kate and Robert were both feeling like their guests weren't liking their stay on the farm like they had once before and that they were wanting to get home to their own rooms at Brian's. Maybe everyone would see that as good news. Robert didn't believe this was any sort of permanent rift in the team, and Kate just didn't know.

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sat Jul 02, 2022 10:27 pm

Ruby headed down to the gym she was in no mood to sleep so decided to train and use Owens technique's as she moved her fists balled as she only saw her father in front of her instead of the punching bag. Once she was done with the punch bag she moved to the mats and practiced dodging moving left and right even twisting around as if grabbing an attacker from behind. Soon it was time for her to shower and head to Paris.

Heading up stairs she saw Edward appear with a woman on the porch she smiled but continued to head to their room to shower and change. Once donw she headed down to grab some food before leaving. Stepping out onto the porch with an apple in her hand she looked at Edward and smiled " morning Edward, Angus is sleeping thanls to Nigel knocking him out but I'll let Robert explain, I have training to get to, sorry to rush off, nice to meet you, Im Ruby Tyler." she smiled at the woman then gave a nod and left.

Jess walked down and heard Ruby with Edward but she chose to start breakfast while Jack set the table. She started on several Easy breakfast burritos having a feeling every one will want to eat quickly before getting on with the day, well all but ruby who'd left already. Jack laid out the table as Jess started to make the beans by heating the oil in a pan and frying the onion until soft. She add both two types of beans, the passata, chipotle paste, vinegar and sugar and simmered it until thick and saucy. Then in a seperate bowl she added more chipotle paste, sugar to taste until it was a balance of sweet, spicy and tangy.

She then heated some oil in a large frying pan and fry the peppers and mushrooms until soft then Squeezed small chunks of sausagemeat from the sausage skins into the pan and fried until golden and cooked through.

While it was cooling she warmed the tortillas keeping them warm in a clean tea towel.Then Put the avocados, coriander, cheese and lime wedges in bowls beore sending them to the table. Then she made some the scrambled eggs by heating butter in a pan and adding some cumin seeds. She let it sizzle for 1 min, then added the eggs and stirred slowly, until scrambled. It ws now she seasoned and placed them into a warmed bowl. Sending it to the table she made sure it was in the middle of the table with some chilli sauce for those who wanted some.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Sat Jul 02, 2022 11:02 pm

Edward and Simone didn't have time to get even a good morning in before Ruby had come out, spoken to them and ported out.

"Who was that?" Simone asked.

"Ruby. I know that was a bit fast. She's my grandson's girlfriend. I have no idea what she's on about, though."

"She's at least 50% of the negative energy here. At least half of it lifted when she left."

"Yes. I felt it too," Edward said.

"Maybe this isn't a good idea..." she began. He held her hand and readjusted the shoulder strap of her bag on his other shoulder.

"Come on. It'll be alright," he told her. They walked up the steps together and into the kitchen. "Good morning, All," he said in a chipper tone and with a smile. "This is Simone Salazar," he said. "She's a schoolmate of mine and a very dear friend. I've asked her to stay with me for awhile."

"Any friend of Edward's is certainly a friend of ours," Kate said brightly. She got up and went over to them and shook hands with Simone and took Simone's bag. "I'll make sure it gets upstairs. Have you had breakfast?"

"Not yet," Edward said.

"Well, go tuck in. Jess has made some outstanding breakfast burritos. You won't want to miss them. Help yourself."

"Hello, Simone," Robert smiled. "Good to see you again."

"Oh my god, Robert," Simone said, recognizing him from numerous diplomatic balls and parties. She was a bit taken aback to find herself in the home of former minister of magic Robert Lupin. "What a lovely surprise."

"Indeed. Welcome," he said.

"Kate, something isn't right here. What is it?" Edward asked. "What's happened?"

"Edward, we have to talk," Robert said, motioning Edward to come sit down.

"Then say it," Edward said, sitting down with Simone at the kitchen table. "You can speak plainly in front of Simone."

"We need to talk about Benjamin. We have some new, confirmed information about Benjamin. He's been a very naughty boy. He's broken the law in some very serious ways." Edward paused just a moment to give it some thought.

"I know that should come as a surprise but it doesn't," Edward said. "What sort of activity are we talking about?"

"Kate, show him the file please," Robert said. Kate laid the file on the table in front of Edward.

"Could I get either of you some coffee or tea? We have both hot and waiting," Kate asked.

"Coffee, please," Edward said.

"Tea please," Simone said.

"Milk in your tea?" Kate asked.

"Just a spot?"

"Of course," Kate smiled. She brought Edward coffee and Simone her tea and put the mugs in front of them. As Edward was ready to open the file, Marcus came into the kitchen.

"Good morning. Just so you know, he's awake. He's fine. Nigel's minimized what symptoms he can, and he's fine," Marcus said. "And he knows Ruby's in a big snit. I'm going to take him some coffee while he dresses, and then he'll be down, I'm sure."

Edward was looking through the file, paying little attention to Marcus and Robert. Kate handed Marcus two mugs of coffee, and Marcus took them and went back upstairs to make sure Angus was up and moving and doing alright.

"Effing little bastard, I'll take him out myself," Edward said quietly, fuming.

"If Angus doesn't beat you to it. The boy's taking it hard. He believes its his duty as Benjamin's oldest son to take care of Benjamin and protect you in the process."

"There's no way in hell he's going to take that on. He clearly hasn't seen this intel and how many tentacles Benjamin has grown in his dark dealings. It isn't just Benjamin I need to deal with..."

"Edward," Robert said steadily. "We. We are still one family. We will do this together. I will take any wise strategy you can offer, and I'm certainly open to letting you lead it, but just like I can't let Angus take him on alone, I can't let you do it either. And more importantly, you need to talk to the lad."

"Is that what Ruby was on about?"

"Oh. That. No. Angus was upset and Marcus gave him some large glasses of firewhiskey. Nigel hit him with a pretty heavy duty sleep spell to stop him from drinking into unconsciousness and to stop him from being ridiculously sick this morning. I should not have questioned Nigel in front of her because she can't dial herself back down now."

"Alright. Let me finish this and then I'll talk to him. I want to do this without other people. This has to be just him and me."

"Then I can show Simone around and get her settled in," Kate smiled. "It'll be fine."

"Let's go have some breakfast while Angus is waking up and dressing," Edward said to Simone, taking the file with him.

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sat Jul 02, 2022 11:12 pm

Jess saw the woman with Edward and smiled to her " moring Edward, Ms Salazar, nice to meet you." she said smiling at her " sorry I would shake your have but I have bread dough on my hands " she said with a chuckle but stepped back into the kitchen as Robert spoke to Edward about what he'd found and why Ruby was quickl to leave.

When Marcus spoke that Angus was awake she flicked on the kettle " I'll send up some cofffee for him" she said and got out a tray. Jack left for his patroll just as Jessie returned looking shattered.

"West paddok fence was down, had to temoreroly replace a few posts" he reported to Robert after he'd finished talking to Edward ." Jessie Tyler at your service Maam." he addressed Simone then turned back to Robert "um could I sugest some stronger ones be put in place of the reguler ones, if that dark hypogrif keeps bashing it like he has the normal ones won't last."
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Page 50 of 100 Previous  1 ... 26 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 75 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top