Summer Picnic - Page 11
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Summer Picnic - Page 11 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Summer Picnic

Page 11 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Summer Picnic - Page 11 Empty Re: Summer Picnic

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:57 pm

"You're right," Brian said. "I'm not out anything to ask him, am I? And I think he and Abbey would get on like old mates. He's brilliant with kids. Thanks. I think he'd be a good fit for us. The bug jars? They're a mix of natural bugs and of hexed people. Don't ask me who's who. I can't tell the difference. I'm not sure Robert can either. Either way, they don't live a bad life for a bug, so far as a luxurious bug life probably goes, but what do I know? Now, I'll show you something that very few people have ever seen." He went over to the far wall and crossed what looked like an age line on the floor. When he crossed it, a portion of the wall slid away to reveal yet another large room. Brian lit the lights inside. "Come see this. Robert collects weapons of all kinds. Most wizards would probably be a little uneasy seeing one man with this kind of collection. Come look." He motioned to Jack and then went inside.

"Hello, Remus," Brian said to the wizarding portrait of Remus that was secured inside the safe room.

"Why does my brother insist on keeping me hid away in the dark?" the portrait asked. "At least Khaat knows how to treat me well."

"Robert wants to keep one portrait safe. You know that," Brian told the portrait. "Jack, this is one of two copies of Remus's wizarding portrait. We have the other copy at my house."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22583
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Black Heart Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:14 pm

Jack chuckled and nodded as he turned from the bug jars to face Brian. He watched in amazement as the wall slid away to reveal an amazing sight. A collection of weapons that took Jacks breath away. When the portrait started to talk to Brian he frond at it. " why keep it..I mean them?" he asked Brian trying to understand " I know he's family but..." he didn't know what to say anymore but just stood looking at it something about it made him want to tear it to shreds but he held himself.

It was now he realized " Your a lycan like me, you fought against Death Eaters in the Second Wizarding War, you were betrayed, yet found love" his voice went soft to the end " I know your just a painting but...were alike." he said simply. and looked to Brian. " I was an avid reader in Hogwarts" he admitted " didn't get to look like this over night.
Jack Black Heart
Jack Black Heart
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 2116

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:31 pm

"I was a man with a curse," Remus spoke quietly. "There was never anything controllable for me about the creature I became, but I was not the creature. I thought of it more similar to the two of us forced to share the same body. I think it was actually Albus Dumbledore that made me see that I was more than a monster. I see a newness in you about this. It is an adjustment because it changes so much Your thoughts and your feelings will be the last to catch up."

"We keep the portraits because he's family," Brian said. "I have a lot of fond memories of my childhood with Remus, as does Khaat. And then of course there are the memories that Kate and Robert both have too. Remus was taken away from us entirely too soon, and we never did have much connection with Teddy, not that we didn't want to have it. We have the information on his father than he's never been allowed to see, the father he never got to know. This portrait means a lot to us. We'd never surrender it. It's why it's here."

"And if you're wondering about the weapons," Remus said. "My brother is dedicated to duty if nothing else. It started as a means to protect those of us who worked with him, and then, as we died off, leaving him alone, it became about protecting the men he hired to replace us--his employees, and to protect the ones he swore to protect. And that was when his interest in gaining a collection was born. Brian, is he onboard?"

"Not yet," Brian replied. Remus looked at Jack.

"You will be," Remus predicted. "Robert will want you on board, and soon, if I know my brother, and I think I do. Take my advice--don't let this curse stop you from living your life to the very full. It can be controlled, but by the time I got mine under control, I had too little time to enjoy my humanity as I wanted to. Don't you let it take one more day from you."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Black Heart Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:43 pm

Jack listened to the portrait as it spoke and he could not deny all he said " I swore to protect innocents when I became an Auror, Im not changing that, but yes it will take some getting use to the heightened sense of smell and Roberts helping me to control the anger I sometimes feel." he looked at the weapons as Remus spoke about the collection and why Robert had gathered them.

"He has the right idea, I might owe the Lupin's and Brian and I'd lay down my life if any one hurt Abby, Brian or Jess." he looked at Remus puzzled at what he meant but he chose not to press it and just stayed quiet knowing if he was to know Brian would have said something to him. He smiled at the Remus portrait and nodded.

"Thank you for the advice, It means a lot from one who has been threw it all, I will not let it control me, I will control it and stay strong and hold onto my humanity." He looked to Brian as he spoke again " but if I can't and it takes over, please...will you promise to end me?" he asked him now telling Brian he placed his life in his hands." don't let me become like my brother."
Jack Black Heart
Jack Black Heart
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:55 pm

"It isn't going to come to that, but, on the outside chance, if there does come that day, I give you my word. I won't let you become more monster than man," Brian said. "I know you have a lot of questions about yourself and about us too. Take your time. There's no hurry. Remus, you might be interested in knowing Jack has a date tonight with a woman that knows he's been cursed and is interested in him all the same."

"Really?" Remus smiled. "Then, best of luck to you, Jack. I hope she turns out to be the right woman for you--if that's what you want. Take your potion before you go, and then forget anything but her. That's the best advice I can give you. And, it might help you to get into a routine with your potion. Take it at the same time every day. I took mine in the mornings before I brushed my teeth. That way, I was sure to remember it, and I didn't have to wonder all day long if I had taken it. Nor did I need to overthink it. I just took it and then went out and enjoyed my humanity. If you're anxious, leave an extra dose with the people who are closest to you so that, on the outside chance you do forget, you can still take it before you have a problem. By the way, the need to control anger isn't all that uncommon. If you want to overcome it, you will. Remember, Robert is a good judge of people. If he thinks you can be a part of the team, he'll give you every chance."

"His chance is going to come. I"m sure of it," Brian said.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Black Heart Sun Jul 07, 2019 11:00 pm

Jack breathed a sigh of relief when Brian agreed to end him if he became like his brother. "Thank you" he said and turned to look at Remus when Brian mentioned his date. " I think she will be but I will take my potion before I leave, speaking of which I really should get back and get ready." he looked at Brian again as he spoke " will you be okay if I leave?" he asked hoping so , so he could shower and change and give Jess her gifts.

He aperated back to Jess's apartment and was pleased to hear her soft voice as she sung in her shower room. He moved to the room she'd given him and saw his clothes laid out on the bed along with his gifts for her. Taking them he headed to the bathroom opposite his. He also picked up a small vial of his potion and took it into the bathroom with him to take once he was dressed.
Jack Black Heart
Jack Black Heart
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

View previous topic View next topic Back to top