Rainy days, and Charms essay - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Rainy days, and Charms essay - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Rainy days, and Charms essay

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Rainy days, and Charms essay - Page 2 Empty Re: Rainy days, and Charms essay

Post by Maura Goldstein Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:26 pm

Biting her lip she finished the last bit of her essay she had left to do,  she didn't understand why the Professors thought they had to make them so long, but she was done.  She was beyond glad that she was done,  she wasn't going to admit it, but she was also glad Ryo was done with the little bit he had left as well.  With her curly hair down in front of her as she put her name on his essay she looked up at him for a minute through her hair that was in front of her eyes.

Maura looked at him for a minute and study him, he was very attractive and would have girls definitely chasing after him, she must have sworn she seen girls chasing after him a few times.  Pushing her hair out of her eyes she let out a small yawn and stretched out popping her  back and legs that grown stiff from sitting doing her essay. Maura liked Ryo, she wasn't going to deny that she did but she sure wasn't going to admit it anyone but herself,  that was her secret.   Besides he was a seventh year,  and what seventh year would want to date a fifth year?  Besides there were tons of girls better then her, like the ones that were following him around at times.

Although he was graduating, Maura wouldn't have minded or cared if he was if they were dating,  of course her O.W.Ls were important but she sure would spend as much time as she could with him before he left.   Shaking her head at herself,  she was talking crazy here now there was no way he would ever like someone like her.

A blush escaped her cheeks at his words,  surely he was just being nice, surely he wasn't flirting with her was he?  Giving him a soft warm she gathered her stuff into her bookbag and stood up and frowned as he towered over her, he was so tall she felt like a dwarf next to him.  "I'll go with you, I don't want to carry my stuff around, bad enough I have to carry this heavy thing around for classes!" She could only imagine how heavy his was being a seventh year he had all seven years to remember for his NEWTs it had to be rough.
Maura Goldstein
Maura Goldstein
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Number of posts : 1235

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryo Hiroku Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:12 pm

He'd never really noticed how much shorter than him Maura was. They were usually in the air whenever they were around one another so he couldn't say he blamed himself for not knowing. However, he couldn't contain the chuckle that escaped his lips when he noticed her frown over it. He never quite understood why girls got so defensive over being shorter than guys. Did they take it as a dominance thing? Ryo sure never thought of it that way. Then again, he wasn't a female so he couldn't think like them.

Maybe he would ask Hit later on if he saw her.

"D'you want me to carry your bag for you? If it's too heavy, I mean." He asked softly, wanting to be a gentleman for her. He always wondered if being a gentleman was even a thing anymore. Women so often got angry at men that wanted to help them, saying that they could do it themselves because they were strong and independent. Not that Ryo doubted that, but he didn't get what was so bad about a man helping them out.

He started walking toward the library doors, looking back at Maura as he did so. "Where did you want to go after we drop our things off?" He asked. He knew she wanted to go for a walk, but he didn't know if she had something specific in mind. He was pretty much going along for the ride, at this point.
Ryo Hiroku
Ryo Hiroku
Seventh Year Hufflepuff
Seventh Year Hufflepuff

Number of posts : 994
Special Abilities : Metamorphmagus

http://khandvampireknight.forumsmotions.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Maura Goldstein Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:37 am

Maura always knew how much taller Ryo was then her,  even when she was younger he was always taller then her, which made her think that she was never going to get any taller.  Hearing him chuckling she knew that it was probably how short she was next to him, he had to be what about six feet tall or so? She wore that he was like a foot taller then her, which wasn't fair why was he so tall?  "Yeah... I know, I'm like a dwarf nex to you it's not fair!"  Crossing her arms she pouted looking away from him, but then again being short was good ar time, she didn't have to duck like he did at times going into lower places.  

She looked up at him and her books and seen that had quite a bit on top of the books she had in her bag there was no way she could carry everything by herself.  " Sure thanks, that's really nice and sweet of you but are you sure you got your stuff as well. "  Biting her lip she pushed her hair behind her ear looking up at him.  He was right  by guys not being gentleman's lately cause she was caught off guard by it,  she wasn't expecting something like this but it was nice and sweet.   She never had a guy or her past boyfriends carry her books, and the fact Ryo offered made her want to squeal like a silly school girl with a crush all over again.

Biting her lip, she haven't thought about that to be honest. all she wanted to do was go outside finally and enjoy some fresh air.  "Honestly I haven't thought about that, I was just so excited to go outside that I didn't care where I went,  hell flying around the lake sounds amazing to me right now. "  She said honestly shrugging not really caring where they went or what they did. She wasn't picky by any means, she just wanted to go outside and have some fun while it was nice and she had the time.
Maura Goldstein
Maura Goldstein
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryo Hiroku Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:16 pm

There was something about Ryo that made him accidentally flirtatious. He never meant to do it, but for some reason it always happened. Like just a few moments earlier with Maura, he hadn't meant to make that comment as a way of flirting with her (he hadn't meant to make it at all), but he was sure that some part of the younger girl as taking it as such. He couldn't say he blamed his subconscious self for doing it, though. Maura was a great girl, personality and looks-wise and if he wasn't so concerned with the fact that he was graduating and she should be focusing on her studies, he would have tried to go for her.

He knew it wouldn't have made a few of his.. fans happy. There was girls from different houses and years, including his own, that were always trying to get him to go out with them. But Ryo saw through most of them. If it wasn't because they were purebloods going against their parents wishes, they were after him because he was the quidditch captain and he was so determined to keep the Hufflepuff team from being dead last again this year.

He was trying to make his last year count.

But there was no denying that the boy felt something for Maura, even if he did not act on it. He took her bag from her and slung it over his shoulder like it was nothing. "Don't worry about that. I can carry both bags just fine." he stated with a simple shrug. He wouldn't be fit to be the captain if a couple of bags took him down do easily, after all. Besides, he thought of it as a good work out while he wasn't at practice.

Ryo wasn't keen on using his broom for anything other than quidditch practice, he was sure Maura knew about that, so he shook his head at the idea of just flying aroound the lake. "How about just a walk around the lake? Maybe explore the forest just a bit?" he asked with a grin on his face.
Ryo Hiroku
Ryo Hiroku
Seventh Year Hufflepuff
Seventh Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Maura Goldstein Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:16 am

Maura didn't think Ryo was flirting with her, she thought he was just being nice and sweet like she knew him to be, although she knew that some girls seen it as flirting with them.  But then again she was older,  if course she wasn't mature by any means she was alot more mature then his fan club of girls that followed him almost everywhere.   Of course she was focused on her studies and wanted to make good marks, but she wouldn't object if Ryo wanted to at least go on a date and test the waters between them.  She liked him for as long as she could remember,  probably since she been on the Quidditch team and he been captain, but she wasn't the one to openly tell someone how she felt. Although she thought maybe she should say something before he leaves,  even if he doesn't feel the same at least she'll get it off her chest and feel better, but there was a small glimmer of hope that made her hope he felt the same in liking her.

She knew if his little fan club were to see them together they wouldn't be happy,  at least not with her by any means. If looks could kill she would be dead by them if they see her with him, but she couldn't help but to roll her eyes at the thought of them acting like they own him.  Of course she wasn't after him for any of that stuff, although she knew that he was amazing at Quidditch and flying that wasn't why she liked him. Maura liked him cause of his personality and the way he was always so sweet and caring towards her and others.

She liked him, there was no denying that she liked him more then a friend, cause obviously she did. She nodded and smiled.  "Thanks for carrying my bag for me, sure does help me."  Nodding to the books that were in her arms that she needed to put up that she borrowed from around the library.  Doing spells on them she seen them going back to their proper places, so that was done with.

Maura nodded.  She knew that he wasn't keen on riding on his broom ir it wasn't for practice or games, she didn't blame him she wouldn't wanr anyone stealing ideas or getting ideas from her.  "Sure that sounds like fun, have you been in the forest?"  She sure definitely haven't,   but she couldn't help but want to, but it was only to see what the big hype about the Professor's not wanting them to go in it.
Maura Goldstein
Maura Goldstein
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryo Hiroku Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:02 am

Just barely having stepped into the corridor, Ryo heard a piercing high pitched voice calling him from just a little further down. He groaned, not even being able to answer Maura, and he looked toward the source of the voice.

Sarah McClain.

She was another Hufflepuff and in his year. She was somehow the "leader" of that group previously mentioned fangirls and she was proud of it. Those girls always meant Sarah was there and she was honestly what bothered him the most about the whole thing, aside from having to deal with five or six girls who wanted to essentially throw themselves at him.

The wide smile plastered on Sarah's face immediately fell from her face when she noticed that there was someone else with him. She stopped just steps away from the couple and out a hand on her hip. "Ry, you've gotta come back to the dungeon with me. I need your help with something." She said vaguely, leaning into Ryo. She pressed herself against him as she wrapped her arms around his, almost like a jealous girlfriend would to keep anyone away from her boyfriend and looked at Maura with narrowed eyes. "Is this little fifth year bothering you, making you carry her stuff for her? Want me to do something about it?" She cooed, looking up at Ryo through her side-swept bangs.

Ryo pulled himself away from her, a scoff of disgust escaping his lips that he didn't try to hide. "Can't you get someone else to help you Sarah? Like someone who would actually care enough to?" He jerked his arm out of her grasp and firmly placed himself beside Maura. "And no. She's not bothering me." A smirk curled the ends of his lips upward. "I actually just invited her out on a date, we're heading to the dungeon to drop our stuff off and then we're heading out." He placed his arm around the younger girls shoulders and pulled her in toward him. "I'd appreciate if you would leave us alone, though, since your presence is uncalled for anyways."

This was a side to Ryo that he didn't often show. But his frustration with Sarah had gotten to the point where acting like an arse was the only way to get rid of her.

The older girl's mouth dropped at his words and she found herself at a loss for words. "You? Asked her? There's no way!" She stomped her foot down in disapproval after having found her voice and she tried to get in Maura's face. Ryo immediately placed himself in between the two girls before Sarah could even take two steps. "Don't you dare." He warned in a low voice.

"But Ryo! How could you even like this little girl?! She's too young for you! You need a woman, someone like me!" She exclaimed, causing Ryo to laugh.

"Woman? You?" He said between chuckles. "Please, don't make me laugh Sarah. You essentially just threw a fit because you saw me with Maura! You're nothing but a spiled brat and Maura is more woman than you'll ever be!" He huffed.

There were now tears in Sarah's eyes and she couldn't figure out what to say in retaliation. Turning on her heels, the McClain girl took off down the corridor where she had originally appeared from. Ryo turned and looked down at Maura. "I'm sorry. Are you alright?" He asked.
Ryo Hiroku
Ryo Hiroku
Seventh Year Hufflepuff
Seventh Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Maura Goldstein Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:09 am

Speaking of annoying screeching banshees, Maura winced and covered her ears at the sound that was hurting her ears, she was sure by Ryo's groan he wasn't too happy.  Dear god cornish pixies probably sounded better then her and that was saying alot!

Rolling her eyes she shook her head at Sarah,  she and Maura obviously didn't get along she was the type of girl she thought was downright annoying and wished they didn't breathe.  She knew that made her sound rude and a cold hearted b*tch but she wasn't any saint by any means, but honestly the presence of this girl was enough to make her want to gag and her voice was so fake and annoying she wanted to punch her in the face maybe just maybe she wouldn't sound like a bloody cornish pixie. All of Ryo's little fan club was annoying,  but Sarah took the cake it was no wonder she was president of the club, she was annoying and looney in her opinion.  Of course she liked Ryo, but this girl went to extreme and quite honestly it was creepy by how she was doing it.

Maura glared at Sarah with pure hate and disgust in her eyes and on her face.  "Oh... I'm so sure you do,  he isn't going to fall for your pathetic there's a spider in my room come kill if, there's spells and charms for that how about crack open and learn them."  She didn't know how Sarah made it this far in Hogwarts she wasn't the brightest colored quill in the bunch, probably the Professors wanted to get rid of her annoying cornish pixie self.  "No.... I think your fake barbie doll badly blonde dye annoying cornish pixie self is sweetheart,  barbie called she was her plastic back. "  Smirking at Sarah she didn't care if Ryo seen this part of her, she was even more tired of Sarah then he was if not more.

Maura snorted at his remark. "That would be no one but the people in her little fan club she has going on."  Maura was nice and sweet to everyone and anybody, but pushed over the limit she became how she was now,  she didn't show this side often or much.  "What's the matter Sarah pissed that you gotten beaten by a fifth year?  Don't worry we promise not to spread it around school too much,  you got a reputation with your fan club right?"  Smirking as she said this  she looked back at Ryo shifting her weight smiling back at him.   "We rather go and enjoy our date and have some fresh air,  people like you is what making the air around us smell and be polluted, so excuse us."

As Sarah came towards her Maura stepped forward herself ready to get her a piece of her mind with her fist.  There were no need for words anymore,   she was tired of speaking and being nice,  Sarah definitely didn't deserve her niceness or anything like that.  "You know if you like him for something then a prize maybe just maybe he would've dated you, there's more to a precious present then just looks,  maybe you should know him as a person besides wanting him cause of his looks and he's a quidditch star."

She laughed at Sarah's words. " You a woman?  Only woman part of you is your screeching, god makes me wonder if the screeching banshee isn't your mother."  Seeing more tears in her eyes she smirked.   "Aw... you honestly having a little fifth year like me make you cry?"  She couldn't help but not to laugh.

She looked at Ryo and nodded.  "I mean I like you and all, but I'm not as crazy and obsessed with you as she is,  she's crazy! "  Maura seen how crazy Sarah was,  she was overly obsessive over Ryo.  Rolling her eyes at Ryo she shook her head glad she was gone.  "I'm fine thanks,  god you would think years of trying she'll give up right?"
Maura Goldstein
Maura Goldstein
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryo Hiroku Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:58 am

Ryo raised his eyebrow at the back and forth between Maura and Sarah. He'd never seen someone as timid and shy as Maura stand up for themselves so fiercely before. He didn't have a problem with it by any means, he just thought it was a little out of character for her. But he liked it, it have him another reason to like Maura. She wasn't a pushover and could handle herself well when it mattered.

He shook his head once Sarah was out of view and sighed. "Merlin is that girl insane." He stated, a hint of disappointment in his tone. He'd liked Sarah at one point, but they had never gone on dates or actually dated one another. When the troubles first started with his father and the shop, she'd been there to help it and it had led to an occasional snog between them, but never anything more. Ryo didn't like the idea of shagging without a relationship, even if the girl offered herself up.

"I can't say I blame her for thinking still has a shot." Ryo admitted. "It's my fault, for not being clear with her from the beginning that I had no intentions of being with her." A sad expression spread itself over his features and he looked at the ground for a moment in thought. He hadn't led her on, he didn't think, but he'd also never told her he wasn't interested. And that was because at one point, he had been. But that was almost two years ago and his feelings now weren't going to change.

Suddenly, his head shot up and he grinned at Maura. "Wait." his expression changed to a more misceivious one. "So what was that about you liking me?" He asked her, as he leaned forward toward her, closing the gap of space between the two of them.
Ryo Hiroku
Ryo Hiroku
Seventh Year Hufflepuff
Seventh Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Maura Goldstein Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:41 am

Maura was very shy at times and a bit of a loner at times, but pushed over the edge she wasn't afraid to get rude and mean.  It didn't mean that she liked doing so, she hated being mean to people, but sometimes it called for it and this was one of those times.  She wasn't going to let Sarah control her or scare her just because she was a seventh year,  she was done with Sarah and her fake screeching banshee self.  She just couldn't believe that she let Ryo see that part of her, what was he going to think about her now?

"I think that's a small way to put it,  she's completely obsessed with you,  if she could make a clone of you I think she would." She wasn't lying about that,  she seen how crazy Sarah was over him, she thought it was insane and very weird.  The weird thing was she was always jealous of her for some reason,  all Maura was to him was a loyal teammate and part of his team that he was captain of.  Sure they were friendly to each other outside of the pitch,  but that was nothing to hate her for thought,  but Sarah always hated her for some reason.  Maybe it was because she wouldn't join her little fan club after she found out that she liked Ryo, or maybe it was because she knew she liked him and so did she.

She tilted her head at him curious but interested in why he said that.  "Oh...yeah,  snogged her a few times or so in the broom cupboard?"  Not that she was jealous by it in any means, but honestly it must've been before she was how she was now.  "Anyways, glad she's gone I'm sorry to stay but she's a bit obsessive and annoying,  and I'm pretty mich nice and sweet to everyone. "  Biting her lip she looked around shifting her books in her arms.

She looked at him and shrugged looking at him with her chocolate brown eyes.   "Why yeah what's there to not like about you,  you're nice and sweet and gentlemen and not afraid to stand up for what's right when needed. "   Brushing her hair out of her eyes she looked up at him.  "I learned those things from knowing you as a person, not  being president of a bloody fan club about you." Biting her lip she noticed the gap between them was now closed and he was closer to  her.
Maura Goldstein
Maura Goldstein
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryo Hiroku Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:26 pm

Ryo laughed at her words. "Y'know, you're right on the nose with that. Unfortunately, yeah, I did a few times. I was in a more vulnerable state and she happened to be around." He shook his head. "But I never had the intention of dating her, and that didn't seem to get through her head. It's been two years now since the last time we did anything like that. You'd think she'd get the hint."

"Anyways, let's go. We still gotta drop our stuff off." He pulled away from Maura and started walking down the corridor, in the direction Sarah had gone(unfortunately it was the only way to the dungeons), and he looked down at Maura. "Just so you know, you're pretty cute when you get fiesty like that." He told her. "...I think it's pretty damn attractive." The last bit was added belatedly, this time with the full intention of flirting with the younger girl.

He'd like to see where this little hang out of there's went, and if it seemed like there was something that could happen between the two of them, he would try to make it more.. official. He knew there would be a rough patch with the other girls making scenes because he hadn't chosen any of them, and after his graduation, they might pick on Maura, but he was sure she could handle herself.

But they had to get through this little date first. Ryo shook his head again, thinking he was getting a little ahead of himself and by the time he realized it, they'd already made it to the entrance of the Hufflepuff dungeon. "Oh sweet, that was pretty fast." He voiced contently before saying the password that allowed them to enter.

"I'll meet you down here in a bit." Ryo turned to face Maura quickly as he spoke, before turning once again and making his way to the boys' dormitories.
Ryo Hiroku
Ryo Hiroku
Seventh Year Hufflepuff
Seventh Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top