I'm the violence in the pouring rain... I'm a hurricane - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

I'm the violence in the pouring rain... I'm a hurricane - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

I'm the violence in the pouring rain... I'm a hurricane

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I'm the violence in the pouring rain... I'm a hurricane - Page 2 Empty Re: I'm the violence in the pouring rain... I'm a hurricane

Post by Polina Ivashkova Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:30 pm

Was it so obvious that conversation about family hurts her? She was practicing her face expression for situations like this but obviously, her mask fell for a few minutes and he noticed it. Polina wondered if there is anything that he could miss. Nathaniel sees everything.
"No, it's okay. I kinda lost my family a while ago, but it's fine." Three years ago. That was the time when she left everything she knew and loved and came to London.
But of course, he doesn't need to know that. What he would think about the girl who ran away from her home because of her stepmother and father who betrayed her.

"My name is Polina" she smiled a little bit and looked at him.
"My mother was the only one who called me Pol, she really liked that nickname" she shrugged and took a sip of her juice.

"Maybe that is true" she frowned while thinking about his words. Was it really the truth? Is there anything special about her? Probably not. And he would see that soon. And then, just like everyone else, he would realize that she isn't worthy of his time. She was like the parasite.The girl who doesn't belong to no city, and doesn't belong to no man. She was alone in this world and probably will always be.

"I don't really believe in that story about soul mate and things like that" she shrugged and looked through the window. When she was a little she used to believe that her parents are soul mates but then, just a month after her mother died her father married again. The month isn't enough to get over the death of someone you love. So yeah, soul mates are probably the just good fairy tale.
She never had a boyfriend. And she doesn't know how it would be to love someone, to want to be with someone and tell him everything about her life.
"Okay then, I'm glad to hear that" she felt like big stone fell from her heart when he told that her question was no big deal, she felt really embarrassed because she asked that.
Polina Ivashkova
Polina Ivashkova
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 105

Back to top Go down

I'm the violence in the pouring rain... I'm a hurricane - Page 2 Empty Re: I'm the violence in the pouring rain... I'm a hurricane

Post by Nathaniel Addams Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:03 pm

Nathaniel was a very observant person, he notice even the smallest of things at times, although he hid behind walls himself to protect himself. Nathaniel was hurt as well, although it was more a girl he loved more then anything who broke his heart into a million of pieces, but it lead him to not believing in love. Although underneath all his layers of walls blocking his heart, he was a sweet and caring down to earth guy. The side that only Maura knew about, but for some reason here he was showing it to Polina like she was a long time friend, it definately confused him. Nathaniel looked at her and frowned. "I'm sorry, I know losing a loved one or family isn't easy, I lost my grandfather last year, we were very close and I miss him." he said frowning thinking about his grandfather.

"Polina I like it, it's very pretty and unique unlike most of the names around here, I like unique names." he said simply. "Not like other names aren't cool, just like unique names cause they sound cooler I guess. He looked at her and nodded. " Ok note taken, not to call you Pol cause your mother called you that, at least you weren't called Poli or so. " he said trying to make her laugh. Nathaniel seen that she looked like she needed a good laugh, maybe just maybe that will be a laugh even a little one.

Nathaniel wrinkled his nose at the whole soulmate thing, he didn't believe in it, it was a bunch of nonsense to him. "Neither do I, I mean I know my parents love each other, but as for being soulmates I don't believe it." he said simply. He used to believe that it existed and was all for love, but after having your heart broken and stomped on, it changed your way of thinking about things. Not that he didn't love his family, but to him it was a different kind of love, different then love you feel for someone else that wasn't family. "Yeah... lets just say that I was with someone I thought was the one but wasn't obviously, not after they broke me." he said sighing.
Nathaniel Addams
Nathaniel Addams
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 319

Back to top Go down

Post by Polina Ivashkova Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:13 pm

"It's okay. It was a long time ago" she shrugged trying to pretend like it's not a big deal even if she spent the night crying because of that. It was hard to believe she won't see her family ever again. But that was the truth, they probably already forgot her, it was a long time since they tried to find her. Now they just gave up on her.
"My family is not dead. I ran away from home" color left her face after these words. Did she really tell him that she ran away from home? She never said that to anyone. She decided that will stay in her past and that no one will never know. And here she is now, she said that by accident.
"I'm sorry because of your grandfather." That was the only thing she was able to say at the moment.

"Well, maybe my name really is unique here, but in my country, it was the just ordinary name. I'm from Russia" she shrugged and looked at him.
"Poli? Really?" she started laughing while thinking about the situation where someone calls her Poli. It was the long time since someone succeeded to make her laugh and she was grateful because of that.

"I'm so sorry" she frowned and looked through the window again.
"I can't understand what is that about people that make them hurt others. I could never do that to someone I love" she shrugged and took the bit of her food. It was already cold by she decided she will eat it anyway, she can't afford to spend money on something she doesn't want.
Polina Ivashkova
Polina Ivashkova
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Addams Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:39 pm

Nathaniel looked at her and frowned. "Hey... sometimes it takes the heart awhile to heal, sometimes it never truly heals all the way, and that's ok just shows that the person you miss will always be in your heart." said Nathaniel giving her a soft warm smile. He looked at her and frowned. "Why did you run away for?". he asked her as his eyes widened. "I'm sorry, that was nosy of me to ask that, you don't have to tell me if you don't want to." he said drinking his coke. He didn't know what made him ask that maybe it was because he was curious, and wanted to know more about her. She was interesting to Nathaniel and he wanted to get to know her better, one thing for sure she was opening up slowly but surely to him. He shrugged. "It's ok, I know it been a year but I really miss him, I missed going to him for advice or just to talk." he said frowning.

Nathaniel laughed. "I don't think there's a country in the world that's not a boring name, I mean really the only cool things about them is what's in them." he said simply. "Was that a laugh I got out of you? yes success!" he said laughing himself. "I think I'll call you that just for kicks, Poli." he said smirking and teasing her. "I knew a girl in my muggle school that was named Polly she hated her name, everyone used to call her the muggle toy Polly Pocket, I felt so bad for her."he said shaking his head.

Nathaniel shrugged. "It's no big deal, it happened like two years ago, but the wounds are still there you know? I guess it takes awhile for the heart to heal after that, but over time I'll be fine." he said shrugging. "I can't either, especially when you gave them the world and your heart, and they just crush it like it's nothing." said said angrily. "Sorry didn't mean to get angry, just still makes me angry after so long." he said simply.

Nathaniel Addams
Nathaniel Addams
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Polina Ivashkova Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:52 pm

"it's not important," she said shortly in hope that he will understand that this topic is something she doesn't want to talk about. It still hurts her and she wasn't sure that anyone will be able to understand her. He may think it was childish or stupid and she wasn't ready for that.

"I'm sorry but the idea about someone calling me Poli is just funny" she shook her head laughing. There is something about this boy that made her think it would be the pity if she never sees him again. Maybe it was destiny that made her sit next to him today.
"You know, I'm really glad that I met you." She said honestly and finished with her meal.

"I know how it feels. I mean' I was never in love but I'm familiar with pain and the broken heart." She said honestly and took the last sip of her drink.
"I know it's hard and how much it hurts, but time will heal everything. At least I hope it will" she looked him into eyes and smiled a little bit.
"That woman lost something really good, you know. If I had the boyfriend who is like you, I would never leave him" she shrugged and she wasn't even aware of the fact that she almost said to him that she likes him. She speaks with people so rare that she doesn't even know what she should say and what she should leave to herself.
Polina Ivashkova
Polina Ivashkova
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Addams Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:11 pm

Nathaniel nodded, he got the point that she didn't want to talk about it anymore, he could tell that she was uncomfortable and didn't want to talk about this topic anymore. "Ok I'm sorry, it's a touchy subject to you, and that's fine I understand." he said giving her a soft warm smile. "If you ever need someone to talk to about it or let it off your chest I'm here, I won't judge you if you cry or anything, sometimes you got to cry to heal." he said softly. Nathaniel didn't think either one of those, although he wondered why she ran away, but he knew it was a touchy subject to her so left it be. He knew that if she wanted to tell him she will, and as of right now she isn't, which Nate was fine with.

Nate laughed. "It is pretty funny, seeing how I don't see you being a Poli." he said laughing. "I still say it's better then being called Natey, sounds like mate like ahoy mate!" he said still laughing. Nate smiled. "Same here, talking to you really made this day better, despite it's still raining outside." said Nate looking out the window. Nate loved the rain, it was some calming and relaxing, plus he loved enjoying a nice book on rainy days.

Nate nodded. "Yeah I know you are, just wish it'll all go away at times you know? But without heartaches we really wouldn't feel pain." he said shrugging. Nate smiled. "I'm sure it will, like you said it just takes time, and lately I have more time then money." he said chuckling. "Thanks, you're a great girl as well Polina, any guy will be lucky to have you." said Nate honestly. "Although I'm not that great, I'm just me through and through, although people like me and hate me I am who I am." he said simply.
Nathaniel Addams
Nathaniel Addams
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Polina Ivashkova Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:28 pm

He let that topic and she was more than grateful. Some people would push her to say everything but he just accepted that she doesn't want to talk about that.
"Thank you, you are so sweet" she smiled and looked through the window.
It was still raining and she frowned.

"It's okay Natey, I know Poli sounds terrible" she started smiling again. It was so easy to smile while she was with him. Polina felt like she knows him her whole life and not just a little bit more than 30 minutes.

"Well Natey, you are the great guy, don't ever forget that" she smiled and stood up.
She left money for her meal on the table and looked at him.
"C'mon, let's go out. It's raining and I want to feel it on my skin. Of course, if you want to come with me" she looked at him waiting for his decision. This was it, he would either go out with her or he would stay here which means he doesn't want to see her again.
Polina Ivashkova
Polina Ivashkova
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Addams Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:45 pm

Nate never understood why people had to push the issue, especially after people didn't want to talk about it, didn't they know it was a tough subject to talk about and they didn't want to talk about it? Nate blushed and smiled. "I try to be, I think being nice and honest you meet alot of new people, although alot of people think I'm a bit reserved." he said honestly biting his lip. Although he was reserved about certain things, but for some reason he didn't mind talking to Polina about anything and everything, she was easy to talk to, and she didn't judge you cause she understood.

Nate laughed. "And now I regret telling you that nickname, I have a feeling that you're going to call me that from now on." he said laughing. "Yes Poli it does sound terrible, Lina sounds better then that." he said honestly. "I like when you smile, you should do it alot more you have a beautiful smile." he said blushing as he said that. Although it was honesty, he just wished that he hadn't have said that out loud in front of her, but like lying Nate usually always tells the truth and how he feels at times. Ok... at times, but with Polina he was very open, he never been this open with no one but his cousin Maura and that was because she was in the same boat as him.

Nate smiled and laughed. "Ok Poli I won't, as long as you know you're a great girl as well." he said as he paid for his meal and left a tip for the waitress. "Sure sounds like fun, although we might get a horrible cold afterwards, but what the hell lead the way!" said Nate smiling. "Come on lets go, it's not raining bad right now, this is going to be fun." said Nate.
Nathaniel Addams
Nathaniel Addams
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Polina Ivashkova Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:54 pm

Polina looked at him and smiled.
She didn't know if he is always open like this, but that is one of things she likes about him. He was honest and nice, and she didn't see that for awhile. She just wanted this day to last forever. She felt like she is in the bubble far away from the world and bad people.

"Don't worry Natey, I won't tell anyone about your nickname. Your secret is safe with me" she said smiling and when he said she has beautiful smile she almost felt how her cheeks became red.
"Thank you, I guess" she wasn't sure what to say because she didn't hear people often giving her compliments. Probably because she didn't speak with anyone. All of this was pretty new for her.

She didn't even hear his words about getting cold because she was already running out of the bar and in the rain. She started spinning around and smiling.
"This is great," she said once when he was out.
"When I was a little I used to play with my brothers on the rain" she smiled at that memory and looked at him.
Polina Ivashkova
Polina Ivashkova
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Addams Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:27 pm

Nate was not always this open with people, but for some reason he was very open to Polina which confused him greatly, but then again maybe some things are meant to be. He liked talking to Polina, he was glad that he let her sit with hin, god knows what would've happened if he didn't. Nate didn't want this day to end, he was enjoying it way too much himself, he felt it was just him and her in the room even if it they were surrounded by a bunch of people. Weird how things disappear around you when you're focused on just one person, that was all he was focused on the beautiful and broken girl in front of him, that's who cared about at this moment.

Nate laughed. "I'm glad you'll keep my nickname a secret Poli." he said giving her a soft warm smile. "Why are you blushing for? It's the truth, and I'm horrible at lying, you should ask my cousin Maura she'll tell you." he said chuckling. "You're welcome, what never been complimented like that? Well you should, you're a wonderful girl and if no one can see that they're blind." said Nate. She was a beautiful girl inside and out, broken but none the less very beautiful, it was a Shame no one seems to see that but him. Sometimes you just needed someone who cared to tell you how great you are, sometimes one small light can make a world of a difference

Nate looked at her and laughed and smiled before running after her. "Yeah it is, I haven't done this since I was a kid myself, but it's fun." said Nate. Taking her hand she spun her around in the rain laughing happily as his blue eyes sparkled at her. Seeing a puddle he smirked before he reached down in it splashing her with the water. "Oops... how did my hand get down there?" laughing he splashed her again.
Nathaniel Addams
Nathaniel Addams
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top