Professor-Required Plotting
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Professor-Required Plotting Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Professor-Required Plotting

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Professor-Required Plotting Empty Professor-Required Plotting

Post by Keiran Hayes Thu Oct 06, 2016 1:01 am

Now that Hogwarts is open for the school year (although, yes, we're continuing the Ilvermorny plot as well), we know that some of you will want students to either get in trouble, seek help from their professors, and so on.

Our Hogwarts Staff Rules are located here: https://www.pottersarmy.net/t21832-headmaster-s-rules-for-hogwarts-staff-required-reading

And they state that all professors and staff must post with students regularly, IC, in order to keep their positions. Professors marked on the claims list with an asterisk (*) must start four classes each semester, starting this month (October) and again in January. Those will be going up soon, and the professors who fail to post them will be put on probation while a substitute gets the spot for two weeks. After that time, if the professor is still inactive, they lose their spot. The same is true even if no one takes the job as a substitute.

For all other staff positions, the maximum time without an IC post with students is two months. Then the two week probation and removal from the position.

In order to help our members write with students and in order to help students get some help, staff members will check this thread regularly and offer to get involved. In the rules above we also stated that while staff can take between five and ten points away from students as they see fit, only Heads of Houses or the Headmaster/Deputy HM can assign detentions.

Some examples of threads you can request:
1. I want to start a thread where my student is acting up in class and is held after.
2. In the lecture thread, I want my student to be disruptive and get called out OR, in the lecture thread, I want this student and this student to interact because it will help me and whoever with our plotting.
3. My student is out late and I don't mind them getting caught if someone wants to interrupt.

IMPORTANT NOTE: If you start a closed thread on the Hogwarts section of the board, Keiran, Selwyn, and the Heads of Houses can still insert themselves if the rule-breaking is extreme. We know that everyone may get away with something now and again, but it won't happen every time, and in particular, not when wards or portraits or school ghosts alert one of them. The other professors and staff will not be able to interrupt closed threads.

You don't have to stick to the prompts above, obviously, but let us know what you'd like to do and someone will hop in here to help!

-Brief reminder: The Headmaster of Hogwarts is the only person who can apparate to, from or within the school apart from apparition classes, when a section of the school is designated for such things. Only sixth years learn apparition in school, which we can do a thread for if people are interested!
Keiran Hayes
Keiran Hayes
Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 548

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top