It might not be that bad - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

It might not be that bad - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

It might not be that bad

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

It might not be that bad - Page 2 Empty Re: It might not be that bad

Post by Everly Bardugo Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:26 am

Quite suddenly, Adrienne realized why Shylock was the advice columnist. While she did feel a bit silly for worrying so much, it didn't feel like he was trying to make her think that way. In fact - and she hoped she wasn't wrong in assuming it - he actually seemed like he maybe cared.

As strange as that idea was, she wasn't really opposed to it, and that in itself surprised her.

He did seem a little taken aback by her questions, but she couldn't exactly blame him. "I- Well. To be entirely honest, I'm not sure that I really took in everything he told me, last time we talked about it. Which, I guess, was the first time we did, too. But, really, I think I'm just due for some research. I never asked him that, because I couldn't fathom what the whole scenario would be like, yet. I wasn't picturing it."

She shrugged, one corner of her mouth lifting in an apologetic half-smile. "You're right, though. I have no idea what I'm doing. But I'm starting to think it isn't going to get less confusing until it's already happening. I always want to be overly prepared, but I'm not sure I can be in this case."
Everly Bardugo
Everly Bardugo
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 2817

Back to top Go down

Post by Everly Bardugo Sun May 01, 2016 12:18 pm

She couldn't argue with his response, though his sudden change in behavior left her a bit baffled. She lifted an eyebrow at his suggestions, but smirked slightly at the last one. Perhaps he wasn't entirely off with that one.

"That's fair," she decided aloud, sighing. Just as she began to speak again, aiming for something about how she would need to talk to him when she went back to the flat, he asked her a question that stopped her in her tracks.

"He what?" She asked, despite having heard him perfectly. "How-... That is, he tried to blackmail you into doing what?"
Everly Bardugo
Everly Bardugo
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Everly Bardugo Mon May 02, 2016 12:08 am

Adrienne wasn't exactly sure what to take away from that. He sounded incredibly guilty, which she supposed he ought to be. But she had to mull it over in her mind for a second as she stared at him, wide-eyed. All that came to mind, though - over and over - was how thoroughly strange it was. In fact, after a beat or two, she cringed and looked away.

"I'm not sure who I'm supposed to angry with. Your tone suggests that it should be you, but I'm conflicted."

Not only was it strange that she was apparently talking to the man who had claimed her ex's attention, but now that man was also with Selwyn. And all of the above had apparently been Selwyn's idea? She couldn't necessarily blame him for the first bit, she didn't think. But they had made an agreement that they wouldn't keep things from each other. And it was definitely weird to think that the man sitting next to her had pulled - at least in part - the attention of everyone she had technically sort of been with.

Clearly, Adrienne had no idea how to label or classify her relationships with either of them. But it didn't really feel great.

She deflated slightly when she exhaled, unable to look at him. "Well, at least we knew for sure."

Part of her meant it, fortunately. That made it much easier to say. But it was also partly her deciding not to make a huge deal out of this. It was just as he'd said; she had to put faith in Selwyn at some point, or they were doomed. So she could at least let herself accept whatever he had done to try and help her.
Everly Bardugo
Everly Bardugo
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Everly Bardugo Mon May 02, 2016 2:29 pm

"I know," she returned, doing her best not to feel prickly after he pointed it out. She knew that just as well as anybody. And, bizarrely, Kaiden had kept her from having to marry a complete stranger, so despite the fact that he wasn't actually interested in her in that way, she almost wondered if it could have been worse?

Pushing the thought away before it could form properly, she decided to ignore many of the thoughts that hit her just then. There were many things she didn't want to know. But Shylock was right about her needing to know that part.

"In the wash," she agreed, mostly because she couldn't think of anything else to say at first. Lifting a shoulder she looked back towards him. "You're right. I'll talk to him."
Everly Bardugo
Everly Bardugo
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Everly Bardugo Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:30 am

He turned the subject back to work, and for a moment she entirely blanked on what was happening. When she blinked and looked back at her desk, she saw the notes that she had taken earlier that day about the happenings at Ilvermorny.

"Well," she said, hopping off of the desk and going around to sit in her chair again and sift through her papers, "a group of students have gone off to Ilvermorny on exchange and Prichard wants us to cover it. List of students, maybe chatting to parents or writing to the staff there to get their take on it."

Adrienne shook her head. "He's good at picking stories but isn't nearly specific enough about what he wants. Anything sound interesting to you? Or d'you want to suggest something else? We've got to cover it in rounds until they come back, so we'll need a couple plans."
Everly Bardugo
Everly Bardugo
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum