It might not be that bad
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

It might not be that bad Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

It might not be that bad

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

It might not be that bad Empty Re: It might not be that bad

Post by Everly Bardugo Sun Apr 10, 2016 11:31 am

While Gilbert Prichard went back to work, he just hoped that the two reporters could work together as they were supposed to on the upcoming story. Of course, Adrienne had received no word of this, and was sitting at her desk when the knock came. Looking up from her paperwork, she was grateful for the break and stood up to answer the door herself rather than just calling out or opening it with her wand.

So her heels clicked a bit across the floor, and she pulled the door open, only to find the one person she had recently been talking about with Selwyn.

"Oh," she started without thinking. Recovering herself, she stood up straighter. "Hi. Come on in."

Stepping back, she left the door open as she returned to her desk, hopping up onto the top of it in an attempt to feign nonchalance. "What's going on?"
Everly Bardugo
Everly Bardugo
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 2817

Back to top Go down

Post by Everly Bardugo Sun Apr 10, 2016 1:53 pm

Adrienne crossed her ankles and gripped the edge of the desk with both hands. She watched him as he closed the door and crossed the room, impatient to know if he was there for work purposes or because Selwyn had said something. Her eyebrows lifted at his nickname for their boss, but she covered it up and nodded rather than commenting on it.

As much as she was sure Gil wouldn't appreciate the name - and regardless of the fact that she wasn't entirely sure what he meant by it - it was the least of her worries right then.

"Alright," she agreed, swinging her legs forward and back a little bit. "I'm writing about the event happening with the school in the states, since a group of students from Hogwarts are heading over on exchange. I was about to look at the classes taught there and which kids were going."

She glanced back at her papers, unsure what else to tell him. She certainly didn't know how to bring up that topic she was meant to discuss with him, so Adrienne decided to leave the conversation up to him if he wanted to bring it up.
Everly Bardugo
Everly Bardugo
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Everly Bardugo Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:02 am

Adrienne pursed her lips and glanced towards her file cabinet when he responded, sounding underwhelmed. She couldn't blame him, but that didn't make her job too much easier.

He spoke again, though, and she felt herself tense up before letting out a nearly relieved sigh. In fact, she very nearly let out a laugh, but caught herself because she knew it would sound somewhere between panicked and unconcerned or uninterested. The latter two, at least, were not applicable.

"Well, I think it's obvious that neither of us will get much work done if we don't discuss it. Not while we're in the same room, anyway," she conceded.

She debated jumping down and going to sit back in her chair, but Adrienne felt it would seem defensive and she wasn't sure exactly how she wanted to appear to this man. "I guess I can assume that he's told you how uncertain I am. It isn't something I've considered before, and if I'm going to be quite frank about it, it sounds similar to being cheated on. I guess I should have done research before this, but I think I just wanted to hear from you first.

"I'll say, though," she added slowly, tilting her head to the side and looking away again, "that there are some aspects of the concept that I find... incredibly appealing. Even though that confuses me."
Everly Bardugo
Everly Bardugo
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Everly Bardugo Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:09 pm

"Processing, yes," she said. "It isn't exactly the most... kind thought I've ever had, though, I guess. Because, I mean... It would be strange, for me. And I wouldn't exactly go around telling my parents what's going on, you know? But there's something liberating about knowing that I'd have time when I wanted it. It's far less restricting than-"

She paused, lifting her eyes back to his. "He- he told you about Kaiden, I assume. I just feel like I'll have that freedom I've been denied, plus someone who actually cares - not someone who just pretended to. I'd have stability and something good, but also the time to just... go on a trip if the stuff with his family is too much, or... Well, I have no idea. But... you know what I mean?"

Adrienne brought a hand up to her hair, pulling her fingers through the curly ends as she tried to think. She wasn't ignoring his first question so much as trying to rationalize to herself why she could possibly feel both ways about the idea at once.

"I don't think I'm a jealous person," she attempted to explain. "I really don't. But... I just sort of imagine like, one day something happens and I'm not there. He has someone to go to. But it wouldn't work like that for me, and I don't want to-" she cut herself off, lips rolling together as she tried to find a decent way to explain. "I don't like the idea of being clingy."
Everly Bardugo
Everly Bardugo
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Everly Bardugo Thu Apr 21, 2016 3:35 pm

Confusion clouded her expression for a moment after he spoke, pulling her away from the topic at hand. Oh, her hair. Adrienne nearly turned to look at him, but she got the distinct feeling she would be scolded for messing up his work with it. She wasn't really complaining, though, considering it was bizarrely comforting. In fact, she let out a tiny, short sigh and let her shoulders relax as he spoke, just staring at the seat he had vacated.

"That isn't weird for you?" She asked after he had finished, holding out an elastic to tie the braid together at the end. "I mean... I guess there's a nagging part of me that wonders, like... What if something changes? Or if things get weird and he has you and I've sort of got you but it's awkward because I don't have him, so much. I'm not saying I won't have other people, because that would be quite sad. But.."

She frowned as she finally turned to look at him, trying to find the words. "What if, at some point, I wanted someone else, too? Even just for a little while. I don't know if I would. Or could. But I feel like there are rules about this that I'm not understanding or that just haven't been explained and that really bugs me. It makes it difficult to go back to his flat in the evenings, thinking he expects some sort of answer I can't give him yet."
Everly Bardugo
Everly Bardugo
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum