Everything for little Ophelia
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Everything for little Ophelia Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Everything for little Ophelia

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Everything for little Ophelia Empty Everything for little Ophelia

Post by Ophelia Claire Rosewille Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:06 pm

So, I got accepted and I got this silly character with a problematic past aka she got bullied severely before transferring to Hogwarts. Long story short - Ophelia needs everything. Bullies, friends etc. And since she is neutral, someone could persuade her to join a faction maybe? Just a foot for thought.
Anyhow -- I am open for anything and everything so pile me up with ideas and thoughts!!!
Ophelia Claire Rosewille
Ophelia Claire Rosewille
Fifth Year Ravenclaw
Fifth Year Ravenclaw

Number of posts : 198

Back to top Go down

Everything for little Ophelia Empty Re: Everything for little Ophelia

Post by Darcy Driscoll Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:33 pm

So, I have Calixta here who's your basic pureblood heiress.  She wouldn't deliberately bully someone who isn't pureblood, she's condescending and treats them with pity which is sometimes worse.  In the right circumstances it could be mistaken for bullying.

Then I have Malaika Abdalrashid.  She's a first year Huffle.  She's one of the characters who was sorted because of her values. Her actual personality can be more slytherin-ish at times but her religion recognises things like kindness and patience and tolerance as virtues so she ended up in Hufflepuff. She would make a good friend.

I also play the Ravenclaw Prefect, Jenna Boot-Corner.  She's a seventh year canon character, Michael Corner and Terry Boot's daughter.  So if Ophelia was having any trouble, she could come to her.

And finally I have Ariane Catchpenny.  She's not really a bully, but she's not averse to spreading rumours and gossip and she doesn't care how true anything is.

OH.  And I play Selwyn Thorfinn, the COMC Professor and Slytherin Head of House.  I guess if Ophelia was afraid of Slytherins she might be scared of him, but he's actually quite nice and doesn't like most of his students.  He used to be a member of the Order of the Phoenix.

AND (I keep forgetting people) I play Destrey Ashcroft, who just applied for the Defence Professor position. She was actually a bully in school herself, but she was also neglected by her parents (among other things). Ironically, I think if Ophelia was going to confide in anyone, she'd be the most likely (of my characters) to understand.
Darcy Driscoll
Darcy Driscoll
Second Year Ravenclaw
Second Year Ravenclaw

Number of posts : 94

Back to top Go down

Post by Aria Haywood Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:02 am

I have way too many students and adults. I will let you meet just few of them.

probably Tiffany Cruz ans Ophelia could be friends. Their both in Ravenclaw house but she is one year younger. She is also muggleborn as Ophelia. She is friendly girl to everyone and tries seem brave around people. She have nsver been really bullied that much but theres might been rumors about her.

Then there is Emily Night who is Slytherin and fifth year. She could be bully. Since doesn't care what people feel anf she doesn't like muggles or muggleborns so much even if herself is halfblood. She is just mean and selfish person.

Ophelia could know even Jessica Wendorf who is ravenclaw but seventh year one. She could be bigger sister to her in school. She doesnt like to see people to be bullied etc. So she would sometimes step in and chace bullies away.
Aria Haywood

Number of posts : 239

Back to top Go down

Post by Ophelia Claire Rosewille Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:06 am

Alright, here we go.

Pity is the last thing Ophelia wants for she is trying to stand alone against her past and things that have hurt her, so if anyone would pat her on her shoulder, and that only because of her blood status, she would be offended and she'd misunderstand Calixta completely because this whole thing about blood-this-and-that is yet too strange for her. Maybe, if Calixta would recognize her potential and smarts, they would get along, but otherwise Ophelia would avoid her like anyone else.

Ophelia gets confused with first year students due to her short height. She is 154 cms "long" and with huge glasses that make her eyes seem even bigger than they already are, she may appear like someone who is still growing up, so idk, maybe Malaika can confuse her with another first year student as well, and Ophelia would just go along with her if the girl is nice enough with her. She is quite a bit afraid of strangers still.

As for the Ravenclaw prefect, I think Ophie would use the opportunity and always run to her should anything bad happen. Like, hide behind her and cry and complain about this and that, but not that much though, as she is afraid of revealing too much.
And she would stay away from Ariane Catchpenny since well... she has had enough of rumors circulating either about her or other innocent people.

I think that, for some reason, if she and Selwyn would get into talking, they would get along well and she would grow to respect him.
And with the rough past like Destrey, I think so too that they would understand each other quite well.

So... in the end, I don't mind roleplaying with Malaika, Jenna, Selwyn and Destrey, and of course with the others as well, I just can't imagine how they would suit with Ophelia. Very Happy I am sorry about that.
Ophelia Claire Rosewille
Ophelia Claire Rosewille
Fifth Year Ravenclaw
Fifth Year Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Ophelia Claire Rosewille Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:13 am

@ Aria

Bullies! Yes! She needs that! Emily can fit into the role very well, I presume, and that would bring back old memories to Ophelia and as she is this passive little girl, she would most likely do nothing but allow herself to be bullied by her. Oh what satisfaction it would bring to Emily, right?

Tiffany Cruz and Ophelia can get along well, especially if they share the two main traits: they are both muggleborn and both are in Ravenclaw. Suits me. Smile And since Tiffany has been longer in Hogwarts, she can show Ophelia around and introduce her more properly to the school as she doesn't know many places.

As for the older sister part -- she needs that. To come to someone, sit at their side, rest head on the shoulder and just talk and talk and talk. Or read with her and do what sisters usually would do. Ophelia has always wanted to have older siblings, but unfortunately she is the only child in their family. That works well Smile
Ophelia Claire Rosewille
Ophelia Claire Rosewille
Fifth Year Ravenclaw
Fifth Year Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Kace Lecium Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:49 pm

I  have Athena Abercrombie she's a fourth year Gryffindor who's very shy, although she's slowly breaking it out of it slowly.   I can see them being good or close friends,  she was bullied at her muggle school before she gotten accepted to Hogwarts so she'll understand her on the bullying as well.
Kace Lecium
Kace Lecium
Seventh Year Gryffindor
Seventh Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 450

Back to top Go down

Post by Beatris Greyback Mon Sep 14, 2015 5:06 pm

I have Mia. She is the fifth year Slytherin and a bit B****. She can try to convince Ophelia to join to the Dark Followers and then perhaps they can become friends.
Beatris Greyback
Beatris Greyback
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Number of posts : 731
Special Abilities : Occlumency, Legilimency

Back to top Go down

Post by Ophelia Claire Rosewille Mon Sep 14, 2015 5:09 pm

@ Athena - yeah, sure. I don't mind having close buddies, especially those who know what she has been gone through and can relate. Their friendship could be built strongly upon mutal understanding and trust I think.

@ Adna - since I am still trying to figure out where to put Ophelia, so yeah, some convincing can be cool. And yay for the friends part! Smile More friends is good for her and perhaps she can snatch some of Mia's attitude as well.
Ophelia Claire Rosewille
Ophelia Claire Rosewille
Fifth Year Ravenclaw
Fifth Year Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Beatris Greyback Mon Sep 14, 2015 5:18 pm

Sure
Do you want me to start thread somewhere in Hogwarts?
Beatris Greyback
Beatris Greyback
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Number of posts : 731
Special Abilities : Occlumency, Legilimency

Back to top Go down

Post by Ophelia Claire Rosewille Mon Sep 14, 2015 5:29 pm

That would be very kind of you, yes! Smile
Ophelia Claire Rosewille
Ophelia Claire Rosewille