Don't look back
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Don't look back Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Don't look back

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Don't look back Empty Don't look back

Post by Hayley Sierra Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:29 pm

In the office,
"That's surely not the office." Hayley took a big bite of an apple.

coming home tonight..
"Off course you're not, you are too sentimental, you'll never leave those kids." Another bite.

..Lunch is in the fridge..
"When the hell did you get up? I knew it! We have a house elf!" She frowned and shrugged.

..Call your cousins!..
"Ha-ha-ha, not gonna happen."

..Love you, Mom.
"And here I thought it was someone else." She sighed sadly. "Oh well, love you too mama."

Jenna Sierra had a really wonderful job - she had an orphanage for witches and wizards. She enjoys her job, helping and taking care of the kids, and Hayley deeply believed it was because she failed her own daughter. During her growing up, Hayley was mostly discovering the world by her own. Absence of the mother was the best thing that could happen to her. She get to find her place in the world on her own, which made her stronger than she could ever imagine. She discovered herself in the way she would never be able if she had someone telling her what to do. She learned to choose, to make mistakes, to stand behind her words. And yet, for some reason she would always have that feeling in her stomach, something like jealousy, every time her mother would go 'to the office'. She hated it, but there it was, that little tickling in her stomach every morning around this time.

Hayley was sitting on the kitchen table reading posts. She was eating an apple, the only fruit she could found in the house. As usual, there wasn't anything interesting, just some bills, advertisements, letter from Jenna's partner, Melissa or Melanie or something like that, who was in India working with some kids... and "Oh my, since when does Jenna dating?"
Hayley's black cat Misty, who was lying on the table right next to her, lifted her head when she heard Hayley's raised voice. Meooow. The girl was holding an envelope addressed to Jenna from some man named Adrian. "I know Misty, I'm shocked too." She took the cat in her lap, playing with her tail while struggling whether or not to open the letter. It wasn't opened yet so it was definitely a bad idea to do so. And even if it was, Hayley hates when someone reads her letters. So she left the letter on the table, next to the others. She took Misty and ran out of the kitchen, scared that she may not resist the curiousness. After she ate an apple, she decided to pay a little visit to her mother. It'll surly be fun.

It was about 10 in the morning so she decided to take her scooter. It was extremely hot, or it wasn't, she couldn't really tell. But she was so nervous to find out more about her mother's affair that she even thought about quitting. Hell no, she wants to meet the guy! In twenty minutes she was there. She parked her scooter and headed to the front door, nervously biting her lip. You don't wanna know, you don't wanna no...you so wanna know.

She walked in and needed few seconds to adjust to the light, or dark or whatever. It wasn't as bright as outside but it was pretty light. She comes here often, usually when she's bored so she comes to play with kids. The house was huge, but it was morning so the family - that's how Jenna called them - was either in the living room or in the kitchen. She found her mother baking pie which once again made her feel jealous - she never made pie for her. She frowned like some child but the feeling disappeared as fast as it came.

"Hi Jenna." She said as she approached her then kissed her on the cheek.
"How many times do I have to tell you not to call me by my name?" Jenna put the pie on the desk, took the knife and starter cutting pieces. Hayley took one and put it in her mouth before Jenna could stopped her.
"So, I was wondering, is there anything you wanted to share with me? Like... I don't know, your boyfriend?" She closed her eyes, it wasn't how she planned on asking but the words starter getting out and eventually she couldn't stop them. "Because you know, I'll be totally supportive but if that Adrian guy starts coming for the sleepovers, I'm so moving out to my old apartment. Not sure I can handle more of your lo..."
"Hayley!" Jenna stopped her, she looked confused and not so interested. "I have no idea what you're talking about. But if you wanna share someone..."
"Nope, conversation over." she took one more piece of pie, kissed her mother on the cheek again and went in the garden. She sat on the bench in front of house, took the book she brought with her and started reading.

It just started to warm up when she noticed someone approaching the house. He was tall, blonde, wearing sunglasses and he definitely noticed her staring at him over the book. Releasing what she's doing, she simply moved the book, covering her face. Too bad the bench she was sitting on was just right the front door
Hayley Sierra

Number of posts : 99

Back to top Go down

Don't look back Empty Re: Don't look back

Post by Adrian Blanchard Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:33 pm

Who was he? Adrian Blanchard. But who was he really? He never thought he'll get any closer to answer on that question. And than he was, only to be pushed back. He met Jenna Sierra, a person who was working in the orphanage the night he was bought in, she wasn't the one that accepted him, that woman was gone, passed a couple of nights ago, but he was sure Jenna knew something about him, as she was assistant director of the orphanage then, and director of the orphanage now. There wasn't many thing directors don't know, even if they're assistant directors at the time.

He knocked on the door, twice. Adrian could see his muscles moving below his tattooed skin, it was the first time he noticed that. He let that though go as he knocked again, louder this time, then turned around to see if Sierra is int he yard. Blanchard pulled his sunglasses down and scanned the yard. No sign of Sierra, at least no sign of Sierra he's looking for, as he noticed there's someone in the yard, staring right at him. She looked as younger version of Jenna so the only logical explanation he came up with that Jenna had a daughter. More Sierras, yay, he turned back to the door and rolled his eyes, like one Sierra isn't bad enough.

The door opened and he slipped in, coming face to face with Jenna Sierra. That woman looked like a dragon, or at least he liked to think about her that way since she was icy cold from the beginning and she gave her no answers although he knew she recognized the man on a picture he showed to her when he first met her, based on the look in her eyes. But her mouth remained shut, it was irritating.

"Is your answer still no?" He asked her, not bothering to greet her, he wasn't here because he wanted to be here, he was here because he wanted answer she doesn't want to give him, and she had no right keeping them a secret, as they were about him. About who he was, where was he born, who his parents were. Why they left him?

"Yes, please leave now. And never come back." Her tone was firm, as cold as his own was, and she looked at him with determination in her eyes, she won't give up. Not now, not yet. He was about to argue when idea suddenly appeared in his mind. He closed his mouth and forced a smile. "Till the next time." Blanchard exited the house before she could say that there won't be next time.

Adrian came down the stairs and rolled up his sleeves some more. Instead of walking away, he walked farther in the yard and sat down on a bench Jenna's daughter was sitting on. He'll find his answers, with or without Jenna's help. "This is a bit boring, don't you think?" He glanced at her daughter, she had the exact same eyes Jenna had. And he hated them. "Come on, join me for the coffee, I'm Adrian." At least that was how he call himself, who he was what's he going to find out.
Adrian Blanchard
Adrian Blanchard
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Number of posts : 164
Special Abilities : Animagus

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayley Sierra Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:17 pm

Weird, Hayley thought. As the man walked into the house she thought he was here for adopting someone. But he surely didn't look like a parent so what was he doing here? Maybe Jenna found a new assistant but hell, this guy? No, not her type. Well, it's not like Hayley knew what Jenna's type looked like, weather it comes to a love life or personal assistants or whichever. Hayley didn't know her mother well.

She kept reading her book but suddenly, it was more important to know what was happening inside the house. She got up, ready to go inside but at the same time the front door opened so Hayley set down quickly. Again, weird, the man was inside for what, three minutes? Maybe even less. She was turning the pages as he was approaching her. When he set next to her she smiled, moving her gaze to him. “'The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid.' Jane Austen.” she pointed the open book in her lap "Guess I'm stupid then, my mom says this is the best book ever."

She put it back in her bag and looked the guy once again. She had no problem with eye contacts and obviously neither did he. "You have very pretty eyes, Adrian. They look familiar." Wait, Adrian? Like, the Adrian. The one who sent letter to her dear mother? It must be him. Once again, she couldn't help herself. "By the way, you really shouldn't write to Jenna. She never reads the letters except if they are from my cousins or her friend Melsomething. I'm Hayley and I know the place with the best coffee. It's nearby."
Hayley Sierra

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrian Blanchard Mon Oct 12, 2015 6:20 pm

Adrian raised his brows in surprise. When he sat there he didn't expect she'll read him a quote or whatever that was, he wasn't sure, and he wasn't sure he cared. Surely, the girl had a book in her lap, but even he had book in his laps, sometimes, that didn't meant he read every single one of them. Blanchard sometimes wondered how he ended up in Ravenclaw at the first place. "It's an interesting quote." He tried, unsure how to reply and not accidentally contradict to her opinion, for a plan he developed in his head while he walked from the door till the bench he was sitting on, it was crucial to earn Jenna daughter's trust. Sudden burst of laugh escaped him at her daughter's comment. Maybe he'll even enjoy what's he about to do. "It's a classic, dear, no one likes classic. No one except your mother, obviously."

He closed the book so he could read the title. Pride and prejudice. It's no wonder why poor girl seemed so sad, he'd be equally sad if he was forced to read that book again. He couldn't deny that Jane Austin knew how to write, but he couldn't stomach her books. "Easy, dear, or I might think you're hitting on me." Adrian replied jokingly with easy smile fluttering on his lips. Blanchard stood up and offered a hand to the daughter of Jenna's, taking her book away from her with other hand. "I learned that lesion, that's why I had to pay her a visit, in the first place. It would have been easier if she replied to the latter, it wouldn't be this entertaining, though. It's a pleasure to meet you, Hayley." He lightly shook his head, like his subconscious is trying to tell the truth. "It seems that beauty runs in your family." No, don't become too flirtatious, it might cause the opposite effect than the one you want to achieve to make her mother give you answers, he reminded himself. "So, what you think about finally going to get that coffee, I know that bench was comfortable," it wasn't, "but think about that delicious smell of freshly made coffee."
Adrian Blanchard
Adrian Blanchard
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayley Sierra Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:12 pm

His laugh fill the quietness that was surrounding them which made her smiling as well. "Yeah, you're probably right. And by the way, that quote sucks. And the way you hesitated is telling me that you probably think the same."

"Yeah, I don't do that stuff." she accepted his hand and stood up. "When I like something, I say it. I like your eyes." She shrugged keeping eye contact. Then she noticed a movement in the house. It took her attention, since Jenna was standing there, on the window, watching them strangely. "You ever had a feeling that whatever you do is simply not enough?" she looked at him, raising her brow. She shook her head before he had a chance to answer. "No, wait. I don't wanna know actually. Besides, you're probably gonna lie so..." she moved her gaze to Jenna once again before she put on her friendly face again.

"You say that now, but you're gonna regret the moment you decided to meet me. trust me on this." she smiled as he said what he did about her family. "Now, if I were you I would say that you're hitting on me young man. But, I'm not, and that was just another fact. We, Sierra women, are indeed very beautiful." she winked before turning to the house again. She waved to Jenna than took all of her things. While doing so, she was replying to his question. "You are funny. I already told you I know the place with the best coffee and by saying it I meant yes, I'll grab a coffee with you." She looked him once again, a bit confused. "Boy, are you trying to take me out on a date or something?" She was just kidding, though she had no idea if he realized it. She turned before he was able to say anything and walked to her motorcycle.
Hayley Sierra

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrian Blanchard Sun Oct 18, 2015 12:22 pm

Adrian chuckled listening to her explanation. "Thanks, I guess," he moved hair that fell onto his face away and looked at her, "you're the first one to say that." And it was true, she was the first to notice that his eyes are beautiful and to acknowledge it, to Adrian, his eyes were just a regular pair of eyes, another thing that separates him from his family as an adopted son, since both his parents and their three biological daughters had brown or hazel eyes. He followed her gaze when she turned her head to the house, only to find Jenna staring at them, he winked at her and saluted before turning his back on her, not that she'll be disappointed, though, he had one really nice behind.

Did he ever had a feeling that whatever he did is simply not enough? He fight to keep his face emotionless when all he wanted is to laugh bitterly. He lived with that feeling for last eight years, and when he returned to England, the person because of whom he felt that way came too, shortly after him, so the feeling returned. Sometimes, Adrian believed it's permanent, it would never disappear, not completely. "Why do you think I'd lie?" He arched an eyebrow. She was right, of course, he would have lied to her and said no, but he wanted to know what make her think that.

"I sincerely doubt so." Adrian's reasons were a bit different than she might guess after his short response, but he didn't plan to elaborate what he just said. He doubted he'll regret it because he decided to meet her to hurt her mother, and since he knew that the older Sierra would rather die than let her only daughter to hang out with someone like him, it would work just fine. Well, Jenna wouldn't die, no, he doubted she loves her daughter enough for that, he doubted she loves anyone enough to die for them, but she would be displeased for sure, and it's his best shot. "Wow, what a motorcycle." he followed her in much slower pace, "I think I just fell in love with you, miss."
Adrian Blanchard
Adrian Blanchard
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayley Sierra Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:57 pm

She was wandering weather to go with motorcycle or to came back for it later. She wasn't in the mood for chatting with Jenna but the place was nearby so she decided to leave it anyways. She turned to Adrian not realizing how close was he standing. "You're standing in my personal space and you're making me feel uncomfortable." She was staring at him with barely visible smile on her face. "I don't believe in love on the first sight but if you say so." she shrugged before she turned him her back. She took her sun glasses from the scooter, thinking about his question.

"To be honest, I don't know. There is something mysterious about you and my gut is telling me not to trust you." As she was saying she looked at him over her shoulder "Should I? Trust you?" While waiting for his answer, Hayley wondered about his meeting with Jenna. What was it all about? Sure thing, something was off. All of this, it wasn't right. Her reasonable part was screaming 'run!', but there was this other part of her that wanted to stay. There was something about him that was new, refreshing and dark and she wanted to understand it, to feel it. She needed a new adventure, and he looked like one. So she decided to stay.
Hayley Sierra

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrian Blanchard Wed Nov 11, 2015 7:08 pm

"Hush, I'm ogling your bike." Adrian joked but stepped back and gave her more space. Although he was in hurry to get all this done he couldn't exactly force her to do anything, to keep him company. Well he would, but it wouldn't satisfy him, it wouldn't make Jenna suffer. "It's a nice sunny day. Let's walk." Her bike did look alluring, but he wasn't insane enough to suggest her to take it, it's true Jenna would be pissed seeing his body flushed with her daughter's on the bike, only imagining that placed certain images in his mind, and he found himself ogling her instead of her bike. As attractive as his thoughts might be he'd be forced to put his life in lovely Hayley's hands if she decided to go with her motorbike, and the idea of doing that wasn't exactly giving him thrills, because in the end, the only person he can lean on is himself.

"Do I look that threatening?" Adrian arched an eyebrow. His lean body covered with tattoos in completely black outfit surely gave chills to some people since he looked as a gang member. His cold steely eyes only added it to the image. Maybe she should listen her gut, it would be the best thing she might do, of course he didn't say it aloud, he needed her to discard her fears and join him, so instead of answering on her question he smiled. "What could possibly happen to you in a coffee shop? The worst injury would be burning your tongue with hot coffee if you're not careful." He put his hands in his pockets, his left fist immediately clenched around his wand, he didn't mean to use it, he wasn't going to use it, but he liked to be prepared. With that on his mind he turned and started walking. "I really need that coffee and you're free to join me if you want. However I need to get going and find that coffee shop, your mother is sending death glares in my direction, it's not entirely pleasant." He chuckled and winked.
Adrian Blanchard
Adrian Blanchard
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top