Dinner: Interrupted - Page 12
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Dinner: Interrupted - Page 12 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Dinner: Interrupted

Page 12 of 23 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17 ... 23  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dinner: Interrupted - Page 12 Empty Re: Dinner: Interrupted

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:54 am

"I like bugs," Robert said to Li.  "It's a harmless spell, and it is quite escape proof, and they appear to be peaceful once they acclimate to the shift to an insect. And, our citizens are protected. The only glitch is my remembering which ones were originally bugs and which ones were not."

Robert went over to the nurse to check on the nurse that Li had attended, sitting on the floor beside her. The bleeding had indeed stopped.  He moved her robes just enough to lay his hand directly on the nurse's wound.  He didn't have that much healing energy left.  He'd given most of it to Khaat already.  He forced the wound to close, but in order to get it to close and to relieve her pain, he had to do what he taught his healers not to do.  He drew the negative energy of the wound to him--the wound, the damage, the pain, drew it all to his own system.  And, then he found that just as he expected, he did not have enough energy left to found himself properly.  Her pain now became his.  It merely added to what he already had from the poison.  The last of his energy gone, he found himself leaning back against the wall.  He wasn't sure he had the strength to get to get back up.

He looked at Jack. "I'm tired," he sighed, trying to make light of it in front of so many others he didn't know all that well.  He was hoping Jack understood.  Robert believed he was going to need Jack's help to stand, and he wanted to go to his office until he got staff to debrief and he knew for sure all the patients and staff were unharmed. "Lets go upstairs and have a cup of tea, don't you think?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22700
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Li Lianjie Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:58 pm

Li nodded and moved to the main waiting area to retrive his coat. He saw The minister resting against the wall and watched quietly.

Jack moved to Robert and nodded as he wrapped his arm around him. "You want me to take you home or the office?" He asked softly so that the others would not hear but he knew ether way he'd be sending a message to Jess and Kate that he was feeling weak.

Li walked back and stood quietly watching all three before walking over to Robert. "If I am no longer needed I will report to a mister lee in paris." He said bowing to Robert to show his respect. " I was on my way there when I stop for ingreidiants for my charms and potions, I heard the comotion and decided to help." He slowly stood up to face him " it has been an honer minister Lupin."

Jack looked at Robert and then to Li. "Hey you don't think hes Brants replacement do you?" he asked as he held him up." na, we'll awnser that another time lets get you sat down and resting" He shook his head as he ported Robert to his office and sat him in his big chair behind his desk. "Now for some tea." He chuckled.
Li Lianjie
Li Lianjie
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Number of posts : 77

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:20 am

When  Li explained himself, Robert merely listened. 

"Again, thank you for your help," Robert told him tiredly, as Jack took him up to his office. He was glad to sit again.  "Thank you, Jack. Tea would be good. I actually hadn't considered replacing Brant because it was my understanding that he was going temporarily.  That's not to say I wouldn't, but I just really hadn't thought of it.

"You will put him with my other bugs for now, won't you?" Robert asked. "I've been told that some actually prefer being a bug because after a point their minds clear and everything is so much less complicated.  I don't know if its the smaller brains or what.  But I've read of cases where some incurable patients found transfiguration to be preferable. If I do change him back, I surely won't be able to do it until I know our unit can hold him. I don't know that we've had an escape from there in decades at least, and I don't plan on it happening again any time soon."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Li Lianjie Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:25 am

Li bowed once more then turned and walked out teh door porting to Paris wher he walked to an old building and knocked on the door.

Jack chuckled and nodded " yeah, me too I think he would be good as a temp but we'll see" he said and took the bug jar placing it in a cuboard with several others. "Ha smaller brains, yeah, like that and must be it" He chuckled as he then pored some tea walking over he held out the small bottle of potion and smiled "Kates orders, potion first then the tea."

In Paris Li saw the door open and he stood waiting to be invited in " I am here at a mister lee's request" he told the man who looked at him in the door way. " I have my credentials if you wish to conferm I am who you sent for." he lifed out his medallion and a file marked with Top secret.
Li Lianjie
Li Lianjie
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:51 am

"I'd have to see a dossier on anyone first, and I'd have to surely involve Brian. I put Brian in charge, and I really have no right to go over his head on a hiring choice.  Its only fair." He yawned, fatigued and not being willing to whine about the toll that had been taken on him by the poison and now the fighting.

"Kate nags," Robert said, not really meaning it. Kate looked out for him always, and she became persistent about things he didn't do for himself when he got caught up in his responsibilities.  He smelled the tea and smelled the potion in it and took a small potions bottle out and added a wee touch in the tea.  He took a sip of the tea.

"Give me a few minutes. I'll debrief with the department heads and then we can probably go if all is secure again.  Maybe.  I still don't know how the breech happened to begin with, and I might need to boost security there until we know."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Li Lianjie Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:59 am

Jack chuckled and smiled at him as he spoke. "Maybe so, but thats becuse she loves the bones of you." He said " and in our own way we all do too." he watched as he drank his tea and placed the bottle top back on it slipping it back in his pocket.

"We can ask him when were home, your feeling stronger " he said just as Steven walked in the door.

"All is secure again." He told them" I doubled the guards on the psycology holding unit." he moved and sat down in a chair facing Robert. " ow and I did a sweep of the hospital no more charms or spells."
Li Lianjie
Li Lianjie
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:19 am

"Lovely," he said, glad they'd handled it.  "I'd normally walk through all the departments and touch base with them to be sure they're all feeling up to task still today, but...I think I might need to depend on the department heads to handle that today."

The potions were starting to help him, at least temporarily until they wore off again. For the moment, though, he felt better. 

"Alright, you two," he said, feeling like he'd barely handled this today. Then again, the timing on this for a security breech, today of all days, just really sucked.

"What'd we miss? I think I'm getting too old for this crap. Either that or I need to hit the gym a bit more. But--the last thing I want to do is go home and have to come back for something I missed."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Li Lianjie Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:25 am

Jack looked at Steven then to Robert "Well from what we found out it was ether a Healer with a grudge or a fake one." Steven said as he lent back in his chair. " But why the nursary, that puzzles me." he said softly " maybe a review of his evaluation might help?" he olded his arms across his chest and sighed.

In paris Li walked into the building and was show to a large room with a single desk opasite he stood waiting for the man who had summoned him. He stood unmoving and quite still, even the men he saw out side watched him closly and he noted some concerned words about who he was and why he was there.
Li Lianjie
Li Lianjie
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:37 am

"Good question," Robert said. "I don't know.  Sometimes even removing thought threads about that, depending on how disturbed the patient is, doesn't lend much more perspective.  I don't know if he had motive or if he was just confused. I'll have them re-run credentials and background information. Then I'll issue new security badges.  That might help. 

"If he'd wanted to hurt the children, though, he had more than ample opportunity to do it, and he didn't. So that doesn't seem to bear out. If I recall, the man was an alchemist before he became ill.  Without studying his background more, I don't know that I'll know more than that.  However, the breech of security and the attack on staff certainly merits ministry intervention.  I can justify a closer look at his background. That might answer some things."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Li Lianjie Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:52 am

Steven nodded and frowned. "Agreed " He said Jack stayed silent for a moment then spoke.

"okay now we should get you back now that alls been settled besides its dinner time" he said and heard Steven chuckle out loud.

"You and your stomach." Steven said and saw Jack roll his eyes at him. "But I guess he' right you need to be off your feet and relaxing..." He would have continued but he noticed some one port into the room and smiled. " Jess."

Jess looked at both men and frowned as she walked over to Robert placing her hand on his. "Glad to see you took the potions, Kate sent me, she felt, as did I, your fatgue all the way back to the house."
Li Lianjie
Li Lianjie
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 23 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17 ... 23  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top