[OPEN] Sorry I Interrupted Your Studying by STARVING TO DEATH
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

[OPEN] Sorry I Interrupted Your Studying by STARVING TO DEATH Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

[OPEN] Sorry I Interrupted Your Studying by STARVING TO DEATH

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[OPEN] Sorry I Interrupted Your Studying by STARVING TO DEATH Empty [OPEN] Sorry I Interrupted Your Studying by STARVING TO DEATH

Post by Margo P. Richards Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:59 am

"Margo. Margo."

Margo Richards' arm raised, her wrist flopping to try and ward off whoever was cruel enough to try and rouse her this early. Her body felt so heavy, and her head was already pounding. She snuggled deeper into her comforter, but was jerked awake by the sound of her own snoring, eyes sliding open to reveal Molly's form standing next to her bed, pouring a glass of water for her. Margo let out another groan, stretching out her arms and legs before rolling over.

"What?" she pouted.

Molly held the glass of water out with a small potion. "We have study group."

"But it's Saturday. And we don't study."

"We study since everyone basically failed that history exam. C'mon, get moving."

Molly walked away, presumably to pull her hair into braids, leaving Margo to push herself up on the bed. She gulped down the potion, which barely did anything in the way of relieving her aching body, and chugged the water. She never did things like study group, but the class had done so horribly that a substitute had volunteered to lead a study group and lecture on the material they would need to have down for final exams.

She finally stumbled out of bed and managed to wriggle into jeans and pulled a sweater over her head. While she was brushing her teeth, she realized there was no disguising her hair for anything other than the mess of hairspray it was, so she donned a hat, always turned backwards because she was just thug like that, and managed to get some makeup on her face so she looked less ghostly. She stumbled back into the dorm where Molly was packing her bag for her.

"What's for breakfast today?" Margo yawned, pulling sneakers on.

"Whatever you have in your trunk," Molly said. "We're late."

As Molly and Margo walked into the study room, Margo was gnawing on one of the candy bracelets around her wrist. The realization upon entering the room was immediate and horrible. There were absolutely no spots together available.

Molly, unperturbed, immediately sat herself, dropping into a seat a few seats behind Ace Longbottom, who naturally sat next to Christian Zabini. Margo grumbled and found a spot in the same row as the Hufflepuffs, but was separated by several students. In front of her was Apollo Zabini, so before she was even sitting, she was leaning forward and asking if he had any food. He was scribbling madly and apparently hadn't heard her. So she repeated the question, this time louder, which earned her a loud shush from Ace, which earned Ace a nudge from Christian, who whispered to Margo that a group of people were all getting lunch after the study session.

IF SHE SURVIVED THAT LONG.
Margo P. Richards
Margo P. Richards
Fifth Year Ravenclaw
Fifth Year Ravenclaw

Number of posts : 156

Back to top Go down

[OPEN] Sorry I Interrupted Your Studying by STARVING TO DEATH Empty Re: [OPEN] Sorry I Interrupted Your Studying by STARVING TO DEATH

Post by Apollo Zabini Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:02 am

It was one thing to be a day behind on his Charms homework and determined to finish as quickly as possible. It was another entirely to have Margo Richards chatting to everybody about food after they had all had a chance to go to breakfast. And then he could tell it was Alice who got frustrated before Christian finally caved and told her the plan. That's what she got for being late, really.

Still, he looked over his shoulder at that, frowning at all three of them. Christian gave him an exasperated shake of the head, then reached over to point at a question on Ace's page. Apparently, she had mixed up the dates on accident.

Apollo turned forward again, sighing and dropping his head into one palm as the other went back to writing. He was late, of course, from planning something secret in his spare time. But he didn't need the professors talking about him being behind on his work. That would raise more questions than it was worth, and after Christmas, he was not interested.

More than anything, he was fascinated by the charm of sorts that he had stashed under his robes that morning. That did not make it easy to focus, even if he tried to pretend like he could. Apollo lifted his head, freeing his hand to tug at the collar of his robes.

Not here. Even if he wanted to, and thus should.

Leaving it alone, he shifted in his seat and tried to get back to work. It didn't help that Christian turned to Margo just then and asked what she needed to work on.
Apollo Zabini
Apollo Zabini
Fifth Year Slytherin
Fifth Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 646

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

[OPEN] Sorry I Interrupted Your Studying by STARVING TO DEATH Empty Re: [OPEN] Sorry I Interrupted Your Studying by STARVING TO DEATH

Post by Cassiopeia Cheshire Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:20 pm

Cassiopeia walked into to the study room, she basically needed come here since she needed to study for her some homework or so and also some exams. She might be smart but even she can fail in some of her exams at times.

And that was one of the reasons why she was here today. She looked around there and did take a seat somewhere. She had never really been here in this room before so she really wasn't sure what they should do here exactly.

She hoped that someone would explain it to her or something like that. She wasn't even sure if speaking was here even allowed. Probably they need to study and not speak but the girl wasn't sure about this really. But she did open her book on the subject what she needed to study and it was history. Cass actually managed to fail in it what was a surprise to very many people even. She was usually quite good on that subject.
Cassiopeia Cheshire
Cassiopeia Cheshire
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 290

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlotte Waldorf Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:50 pm

Charlotte once read somewhere that history is science where dead people torture living. Now, it looked true more than ever.
Charlotte Waldorf failed the exam. She actually didn't pass it.
When she first saw results, she was really close to getting a heart attack, or at least to faint.

So, when someone said they will have the study group, of course, she decided to come. She needs best grades, it's the only way to get to some good college.
This mark will look really bad in the end, she would probably end up like homeless if she doesn't pass that.

Charlotte came earlier and when she spot free seat next to Christian, she went and sat there. But that annoying girl who is always somewhere around him was there, even now. Charlotte just rolled her eyes and pretending that she didn't see them, opened her book and started reading.
Charlotte Waldorf
Charlotte Waldorf
Seventh Year Ravenclaw
Seventh Year Ravenclaw

Number of posts : 712

Back to top Go down

Post by Julian Kapur Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:02 pm

((My first post mentioned that this study session is being led by a sub, sorry if that wasn't clear. They're going over History material.))

The substitute professor was a meek younger gentleman who probably would have had a passion for educating young minds if they weren't so foreign to him. He couldn't connect with them, get them interested in him or the material, and he seemed to lose control rather quickly. The lecture itself still had not begun, as he was arranging his notes. Two girls strode through, a good five minutes late, and was soon followed by another. He opened his mouth to ask that, next time, tardiness be avoided, but they were already squabbling.

Ace was staring at the at the back of Christian's head, both affronted that he dare point out a mistake in her note and simultaneously trying to see if she could make his hair catch on fire by sheer will alone. She decided to drop it, for maybe thirty second when it would of course bother her again, but he leaned over to ask Margo what she needed help with. Ace could have snapped her quill in half.

Margo was explaining that she knew absolutely nothing when some first year gave her an excuse to focus her rage elsewhere. She whipped around and glared at him. "We're supposed to be listening to a pick-me-up lecture on History of Magic, so if you're lost, you can just leave." She whipped back around, a few people around her snickering, though she couldn't tell if it was at the first year or at another Longbottom tantrum. The sub was staring a little open-eyed at everything that was happened and she leaned forward. "That's your cue, professor."

The sub cleared his throat, fumbling for chalk to begin writing his name, Professor Davos. "I'm Professor Davos. I'll be going over basic History of Magic points that have been missed lately on exams, but can we all try to be a little more prompt next time-"

And that was when Julian Kapur came bursting into the room, out of breath and still in his pajamas. His eyes immediately found Peter and he threw his arms up in the air. "What the hell, mate! You were supposed to wake me up!"

Margo was not the only one to burst out into laughter.
Julian Kapur
Julian Kapur
Seventh Year Gryffindor
Seventh Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 67

Back to top Go down

Post by Christian Zabini Mon Jan 30, 2017 12:42 am

Christian wasn't surprised to find that Apollo was already distracted with something else, but what he was really shocked about was that Charlotte had come to sit beside him. Perhaps they weren't on rocky ground like he thought they were. If nothing else, he hoped that he had somehow improved her opinion of him as the month went on. After all, she had studiously avoided most of them and he'd only really tried to get to know her over the holiday break.

He felt a bit bad for Professor Davos, substitute or otherwise. Christian had to wonder whether Professor Hayes or Professor Pierson had selected this man, because he seemed almost shy compared to the two men who could have hired him.

Oh well. Julian made up for the reluctant quiet that had come over the students. Christian didn't even want to think about the way Ace had just talked to the Slytherin that shared his first name. He did chuckle a little, though, at Julian's uncouth interruption. He liked Julian well enough, even if they weren't quite friends. He didn't have a spot at his table, but there was a spot next to Peter, which was probably for the better.

Christian couldn't even begin to imagine what Apollo would do if the raucous Gryffindor chose to sit beside him. Then again, the Hufflepuff firmly believed that the session would be vastly more entertaining if he did.

"Morning," he greeted Charlotte quietly and briefly before turning back to Margo and muttering under his breath that perhaps Professor Davos should just start showing up late instead. If absolutely nothing else came out of it, perhaps the professor would be able to avoid all of their fighting.
Christian Zabini
Christian Zabini
Fifth Year Hufflepuff
Fifth Year Hufflepuff

Number of posts : 231

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Cassiopeia Cheshire Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:31 pm

Cassie was there trying to read the book in front of her but what seemed to be way too boring right now. She really preferred to do something else than reading for sure. So she left her book open but looked around the room.

Suddenly one boy walked in and even said something louder what made her a laugh bit. She found it funny. She soon remembered the boy was Julian, who he knows from here and there. Not close for sure. Cass soon stopped laughing and looked around the room again.

She noticed someone was sending even hex's here but she didn't really say anything about it. All this wasn't really her business that much. Actually, she was surprised or even shocked about it but she knew how to control her emotions at times, she didn't really scream or so just was shocked by her face expression what soon did fade away. She wanted just to survive this study session here. She was getting bored so she turned to the person who was next to her.

"Hey?" she said there with a small smile on her face. She tried to get the person detention. She really couldn't right now put name and face together but she is soon she will. "Do you know why that girl there was hexed basically?" she asked something there. She was a bit curious about it actually.
Cassiopeia Cheshire
Cassiopeia Cheshire
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 290

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlotte Waldorf Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:53 pm

Charlotte almost jumped off her seat when heard someone and then frowned and looked at Christian.
"Oh, it's just you. Good morning" she gave him look which says *I fall exam, leave alone, I'm not in the good mood* or at least tried to look like that because that is how she felt in the moment.

She needed the distraction. Christian was with Alice and Charlotte didn't want to speak with them now, even if she is planning to ask Christian later if she can join the PA.
She want to help, and even more important, that could help her with practicing.

"Hey, did you see..." Charlotte started her question while looking at Margo, she wanted to know where is Molly, one of hers very few friends, but she was interrupted by Julian, who actually came in his pajamas! She really tried to stay calm, Julian is actually one of the nice boys, crazy but nice, but she started laughing really hard, she was sure she will lose her breath soon.
"Julian, you didn't tell us we have the specific dress code for this study group," Charlotte said while trying to finally stop laughing.

She shook her head when someone put the hex on Alice.
In the next moment, bats were around them and even if Charlotte wanted to help, she screamed in panic.
"What the hell is happening here?" Charlotte looked around trying to see who did that, but in the end, it's not her business to act like a Sherlock.
Charlotte Waldorf
Charlotte Waldorf
Seventh Year Ravenclaw
Seventh Year Ravenclaw

Number of posts : 712

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top