maybe i'm a little out of touch? [Open]
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

maybe i'm a little out of touch? [Open] Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

maybe i'm a little out of touch? [Open]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

maybe i'm a little out of touch? [Open] Empty maybe i'm a little out of touch? [Open]

Post by Celine Page Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:07 pm

Celine rolled the football under her foot, feeling the grass flatten underneath the pressure. She was by no means excellent at football, the only real advantage that she had was that she was pretty fit from all of her running and training. After her constant studying and attempts to 'better herself' the Gryffindor was looking forward to getting out of the castle and mess about the grounds for a bit. Thankfully she had found a ball just yesterday while she was cleaning her area  in a last ditch effort to procrastinate. Her papa had enrolled her in after school football lessons to channel her energy when she was younger, she wasn't the best but it just became a bit of a habit.

The French girl adjusted her bright yellow headband as she tentatively began to dribble in a circle. Perhaps it wasn't the best idea to practice near the lake.. but it was better than near the castle. She definitely did not have the time to serve a detention for a shattered window or a bruised professor. See? She could be cautious. Her foot dipped under the colorful ball as she attempted to balance it on the front of her foot. Slowly, she tried to kick it slightly upwards, hoping to catch it on the other foot. And she missed. "Merde," she cursed under her breathe. At least this one didn't hit her.

Not one to give up, Celine tried again. And again. And again. A few bruises and a knee scrape later, she finally got a good rhythm down. "Hah!" She shouted victoriously. This ball was hers. "I did it!" No shame in congratulating herself was there? The blonde girl continued to pass the ball from one foot to another, dribbling as if it was her only goal in life (which it kinda was for this day at least). Until she got cocky that is. She could definitely go higher she told herself, definitely, she had this whole football thing down now, right? All it took was a good hour or so to be a pro, right? In a moment of extreme confidence she popped the ball up a little bit too high. And it sure went flying, but not to her other foot like she expected, instead, it went zooming beyond her and towards the open grass area.

Celine simply grimaced as she waited for disaster to strike, "Er, heads up!"
Celine Page
Celine Page
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 18

Back to top Go down

maybe i'm a little out of touch? [Open] Empty Re: maybe i'm a little out of touch? [Open]

Post by Ducky Baker Thu May 07, 2015 11:05 pm

Ducky should have been studying harder, but it was that wonderful gap year between OWLs and NEWTs that made one feel a tad invincible. It was totally possible to flunk out during the sixth year, but Nora and Finn would definitely not let that happen. With his friends explaining harder concepts, Finn doing homework he forgot about, and Nora threatening the smarter students to help out her idiotic friend, Ducky knew he was covered.

So, forgive him for wanting some sun. It was the second day of sun and there was no guarantee that the grounds wouldn't be covered in mud the next day, so he wanted to take advantage of the nice weather while there was opportunity. He felt completely at ease in his short-sleeved ensemble, wearing irony with ease, his notorious duck socks unashamedly on display for everyone, lest they forget his legacy.

As if he were forgettable.

The sun felt wonderful on his exposed arms, the swell of his muscular frame soaking up the sunlight. He brushed his hair back, shaking it free as he looked about the grounds, wondering what mischief he could find.

Like usual, mischief didn't need finding. It bonked him on the head.

"Hell!" Ducky sad, ducking his head and spinning around. He caught up the ball and spun again, locating the voice he had heard a moment too late.

Celine. Ah. He strolled towards her, a comfortable grin on his face. "Gave me quite the injury. It might need a kiss." He tilted his head towards her, smiling cheekily. "It hit me around the mouth area."
Ducky Baker
Ducky Baker
Fifth Year Gryffindor
Fifth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 167

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top