“When all the details fit in perfectly, something is probably wrong with the story.”
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

“When all the details fit in perfectly, something is probably wrong with the story.”  Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

“When all the details fit in perfectly, something is probably wrong with the story.”

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

“When all the details fit in perfectly, something is probably wrong with the story.”  Empty “When all the details fit in perfectly, something is probably wrong with the story.”

Post by Everly Bardugo Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:43 am

Okay, so here's what I'd like to do. If you have a character that can fit into any of the following ideas, please let me know. These are the directions I want to take my lesser-used characters in.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Adrienne here just got into quite a bit of trouble because she published something she shouldn't have in the Daily Prophet. Basically, she's going to be told a lie by the folks trying to annoy the Minister, and get herself into even more trouble. Before then, I'd like her to get up to things. I'm probably going to allow her to be sent off to Azkaban if it comes to that. But the folks writing the people typically in her life are busy recently so she's not got a lot of folks. Maybe she realizes she's in trouble and goes to someone in order to try and get some help?
18. Ex-Ravenclaw. Married with a child. Reporter (for now) at the Prophet.

Darren has been evading arrest from the Ministry for ages. It started out as his refusing to comply with the Marriage Law, but now that he's been avoiding them, he's gotten himself into even more trouble. If there's a Ministry employee who could investigate him, that'd be fun. He's a weird guy, so he's probably interesting to them. Or, if that doesn't work for anyone, maybe he makes an enemy and they threaten to turn him in (or actually do turn him in). I honestly just kind of want him to be in some trouble. If it's interesting, however, he's also a Psychology major at university, so he loves to bother people until they blow up at him. So that's also a thing.
20. Ex-Ravenclaw. Part-time photographer for the Prophet.

Holland is the Assistant Director at St. Mungo's and she hasn't been up to much recently. I'm thinking she's the sort to investigate the problems with magic and the Muggles reacting to it and that sort of thing. She typically befriends people who she thinks she can help, so if anybody has someone who needs a good talking to, or who may want to talk to someone, she's your gal. She's also got a pretty dark past that she doesn't actually have a desire to explain, but she's oddly proud of it, to be fair.
26. Ex-Ravenclaw.

Nessa here is on a mission that I've not been able to write about yet. Nessa was adopted because her parents' real daughter was a Squib and they sent her away. She's not convinced that the girl isn't out there somewhere (which she is), and wants to find her. Turns out, the girl was taken in by the family of one of the boys at Hogwarts, and Nessa just hasn't realized it yet. She's going to have to find out through other means, though, because of folks being busy. So if anybody wants to help with that, lemme know! And she's a werewolf if that makes it more interesting somehow.
17. Hogwarts Dropout, but Ex-Slytherin, technically. Unemployed, because her parents haven't realized she's not in classes yet.

Kit spent most of last year in a Muggle Hospital, because they thought she had a fatal disease. Now that she believes it isn't true, she's convinced that her apparent relapse is not actually a big deal. I would like one of a few things to happen, if possible. It would be rather cute to have someone have a thing for her and check in on her at the hospital wing. Once the magic problem is sorted out, she'll be right as rain, and she'll have to decide if she's brave enough to do anything about it if she likes them. Or! I would rather like to toy with the idea of NPC-ing her elder brothers, so maybe she's ridiculously against whomever is interested in them. I don't know.
16. Ravenclaw 5th year.

Christian Zabini
Christian is the more genuine of the Zabini twins, and the one more likely to get in too deep on accident. He's got a vendetta against Quidditch, but was sort of tricked into having partial ownership over Quality Quidditch Supplies with his brother. Christian is also one of the characters I use the least, because he hasn't found any plots that provide action or adventure opportunities. He would be rather terrible at fighting or dueling or dealing with weird creatures, so that could be fun. Especially if one of his friends - or, worse, one of his enemies - had to save him.
17. Hufflepuff.

Dec has finally opened himself up to someone, only to ruin the lot by thinking she might've been interested in something serious. That said, he's likely much more cross now, and has to lead a lesson for DADA, which he knows nothing about. Any unwanted interest (on his side) is actually quite welcome, in  my opinion, because it will just rile him up. He owns the Leaky, though, so if something went wrong it could be fun. Maybe someone does something illegal and he gets in trouble for it? Or he isn't aware of it so when fights or accidents happen in the bar he's confused and has to figure it out? No idea. Maybe someone who's wanted by the Ministry is staying there and he doesn't realize who they are. No se.
29. Ex-Gryffindor.
Everly Bardugo
Everly Bardugo
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 2817

Back to top Go down

“When all the details fit in perfectly, something is probably wrong with the story.”  Empty Re: “When all the details fit in perfectly, something is probably wrong with the story.”

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Mon Mar 02, 2015 6:14 am

OMG. SO. GET THIS. Elsie runs across Darren's arrest warrant at work and remembers her run in with him and remembers that he was snooty to her. So she shows up at his place and tells him she's found him out and is going to arrest him, or he could do her a favor. I have no idea what favor that will be. She could just do it out of boredom too.

Kit's brothers are incredibly yummy, so I'd love to get in on that.

Christian... Bad with creatures? What if he found out one of his closest friends was a vampire? Finn's been pretty good at hiding it...

Jack could easily get in a barfight at the Leaky... It wouldn't be the first time. And I've been dying to get her in trouble again. That might piss Dec off.
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 10287
Special Abilities : Occlumency
Occupation : Unspeakable | Beater for the Falmouth Falcons | Deed-Holder of Satan's

https://jackles-feels-feelings.polyvore.com/

Back to top Go down

“When all the details fit in perfectly, something is probably wrong with the story.”  Empty Re: “When all the details fit in perfectly, something is probably wrong with the story.”

Post by Everly Bardugo Mon Mar 02, 2015 6:22 am

Elsie - Yussss. I don't even care what the favor is. The more he hates it the better.

As for her brothers, you preferred Mes, right? I mean, Luke totally screwed over Victoire, so the Potter/Weasley clan probably hate him. But I have intentions of making both guys once exams end, so if you wanna throw someone his way now, feel free.

That would work for Christian. I think he would be confused but also have to hide the fact that he's nervous. It isn't even that he's afraid she'll hurt him or anything I don't think. In my head it's more along the lines of his being kind of shitty at protection spells when they're for himself, since he's more concerned about others. Jusy hasn't practiced them. So he is unsure of himself in regards to danger.

And for Jack, that would be fun Very Happy Dec wouldn't know what to make of her at all.
Everly Bardugo
Everly Bardugo
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ducky Baker Mon Mar 02, 2015 6:30 am

I'd love for Elsie to do it. I may have to think for a bit though. She's been much more strategic as of late, so I gotta figure out what she'd do.

I'll have to look them over again. I just remembered seeing Chris Pine and being sold... So...

I'd love that. Finn's plotting is always at a stand still lately, so that may jump start it. She feels very lonely. Maybe it could just be a catalyst for the two of them growing into better friends.

I'm down. Like, working on that as soon as I can.
Ducky Baker
Ducky Baker
Fifth Year Gryffindor
Fifth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 167

Back to top Go down

Post by Everly Bardugo Mon Mar 02, 2015 6:35 am

Note to self: add Avery to this list.

Okie. Lemme know if you've got anything and I can set him up at home or something!

Yeah, I'd keep into my NPC list in this subforum, then peek at Vic's app in the history bit about Luke. I can elaborate about his side of things if that helps.

Definitely. Christian seems to be just kinda drifting. Might be helpful. Would a thread in the dorms work? Or not so much?

Woo! Dec will be unimpressed XD
Everly Bardugo
Everly Bardugo
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ducky Baker Mon Mar 02, 2015 6:42 am

I'll get back to you on it, and I'll do my research into the boys.

Probably not dorms, as she tries very carefully to only drink blood when no one is around. Maybe she has worked out a deal with one of the professors to use their classrooms after hours and Christian comes in looking for a book he thought he left behind?

Perfect!
Ducky Baker
Ducky Baker
Fifth Year Gryffindor
Fifth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Everly Bardugo Mon Mar 02, 2015 6:46 am

That works. I mean, she could even get away with using the Guidance Office if she wanted or needed to. Keiran sure as hell doesn't check it XD. He hates that room. If Christian went in there about internships or something he might've left something there. But a classroom works just as well.
Everly Bardugo
Everly Bardugo
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Isobella Donohue Mon Mar 02, 2015 6:58 am

Nathan and Kit, I was wondering if maybe Nathan finds kit injured or sick in a corridor close to the ravenclaw tower and he tries to help her get to the hospital wing? what do you think? I know i maybe off by a lot but I'm trying to work on a few different ideas on this.
Isobella Donohue
Isobella Donohue
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 1076

Back to top Go down

Post by Ducky Baker Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:00 am

I've got it.

Did Mes and Luke graduate last year then? Because that means Lily was their age. I can see Lily and Mes having sort of a Darcy/Liz Bennet type thing, in just that initial irritation, maybe underlying interest. I can also see her abusing him about Victoire/Luke, even though she probably wouldn't have cared too much.
Ducky Baker
Ducky Baker
Fifth Year Gryffindor
Fifth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Everly Bardugo Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:05 am

I was actually planning on having Victoire convince Kit to go to the hospital wing at first, but what do you think about maybe having him sort of "keep an eye on her"? If he's the volunteer type, he might agree to it, which would drive her mad. Or he could maybe just make a personal choice to do so? Either one would annoy her because she wouldn't understand why he wanted to. But if he isn't the type, could be that he maybe brings her coursework from class and they have a chat to start off?

Re Luke and Mes: I actually aged them up. Must've forgotten to edit that /: They're 22 now. Suited Vic's age better. But I could see him nagging her regardless. And the boys would be around more now that Kit is ill again. So that works. He is certainly the more confident of the two, so he might presume to be rather Darcy-like. I could see the banter.
Everly Bardugo
Everly Bardugo
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top